• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Inquisition Reformed (Open & Accepting)

Keenan watched Blue'a antics and Venora's reaction and couldn't help but laugh.
"I'm sorry." He said, still chuckling. "I can't help much, she barely listens to me as it is, but she definitely likes you."
When the dog rolled back and Keenan caught a glimpse of what Venora had been working on his mouth parted in surprise.
"Blue, hold." Bluebell tilted her head but remained still, seeming to catch the reasoning behind the command. Keenan knew mabari were smarter than your average dogs, sometimes though he wondered exactly how much Blue did understand. The flowing strokes coiled about her grey body, infinitely more striking and elegant than the brutish stripes he'd painted before.
"I don't mind at all." He rushed to say it. "In fact, I'm honored you'd share that part of your culture with me...well, with Blue."
The mabari seemed honored too, because she leaned over in an effort to give Venora a thorough face-licking.
This renewed Keenan's laughter.
"Mabari warpaint, or 'Kaddis' as it's called is also a fairly important part of Ferelden culture. It's painted on so that the dogs can tell friend from foe. My mother always wanted a mabari, she's my Ferelden half...you know, come to think of it I haven't been back home since I joined the wardens."
He waited until Venora had finished her work and then sat back to admire it.
"She looks beautiful." He said with an approving nod. Blue lifted her head higher, as if enjoying the compliment.

Oenanthe Oenanthe

Last edited:
" Your.... Ferelden ...half? How are you half Ferelden? Which half, is it split like...horizontally or vertically?" For the Dalish there was really no sense of being 'half Dalish'. If you were born to the clan= you were Dalish. If your mother was born of the clan and your father a city elf= you were Dalish. If you joined the clan but were born somewhere else= you were Dalish. You either were, or were not Dalish. She was beginning to wish that Elvhen culture was not the only thing she had ever known.
"What is your other half then?"

Admiring the work of the Mabari paint she nodded. It was a nice cultural exchange. Blue had a very Dalish kaddis, and it was perfect. Even the dog seemed to take pride in it. Good.

" Hmm, does it feel good to be in your home lands again? I hope that some day we can go back to Dirthaveran- or the "Exalted Plains" as you call them. That's actually how I met Max. I was born there, and my clan had rotated to that location again when he came around. He was a great help to our clan, so naturally, when he needed a Dalish representative he reached out to us. He had become friends of our clan."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

"What? No." Keenan smiled as the elven maid tried to make sense of it. "I suppose its...mixed in? Its just that my mother was born here, in Ferelden."
When asked about the 'other half' Keenan's smile faded a little.
"I...don't know. My father didn't visit very often, once a year or so, for a week at a time. He'd bring us a box of coin and a few gifts and then leave again. He never answered any of my questions. My mother just told me he was a merchant and worked traveling the world which was why he spent so much time away. When you're that young you don't really ask much beyond that. He stopped coming when I was fourteen and well, I've not seen him since."
His smile returned when she asked about his homelands. "Its funny, I've never actually lived here, but thanks to my mother Ferelden does seem like a home. I grew up in the Anderfels on the Tevinter border."
He listened intently as she spoke of her own home. "The inquisitor is a friend to many indeed. I'm sure we'll get back there. I've never been to visit a Dalish clan before, we generally avoided them on our patrols, didn't fancy being filled with arrows."
The logs in the fire collapsed on themselves, sending a shower of sparks floating into the night sky. Keenan watched them wink out and then stifled a yawn. "If we keep talking like this we'll be in no shape to fight tomorrow," he said with regret. Bluebell had settled herself adamantly by Venora, and seemed intent on staying with her throughout the night.
"Watch that one." He pointed to the dog accusingly. "If you let her sleep next to your roll you'll wake up with her in it instead. She's an awful bed hog."
He stretched and lay back, slowly closing his eyes.
"Good night Venora."
Blue snuffed and Keenan sighed, "Good night Blue."
Oenanthe Oenanthe

Numerious Agorix
-------------
The conversation took one moment of explanation and turned it into the element of surprise itself. Numerious's attempt to show his actions purpose and why he'd fear not the fade itself, while reminding others that mages while dangerous and capable of becoming hosts of abomination though unwanted, were still prey to Demons who could use the simplest of traits and feelings to their advantage such as fear. A fate Numerious had sworn to avoid even if it was easier to accept the unwanted and give to temptation of power and the seeming immortal life of demons. Keenan's thanks surprised him, yet that was only the beginning as the man apologized himself and went on to say that Numerious was the better man between them....

Truly the Tevinter mage was caught off guard. He knew words alone could have strong effect but rarely did it overcome differences in the mages experience... Though it was Tevinter and often related to politics but still. The wardens words meant a lot to the man and he was sure to ease off his guard enough to show his thanks and appreciation of the wardens words.

"A most generous realization and offering, Sir Keenan! I'm uncertain if I would be worthy of such a token. But thanks all the same."

Numerious spoke offering a nod and sincere thanks to the man. "It's part of the mages life. But I'm glad you understand.... It's a strong mark of capability. In my humble opinion." Numerious spoke in turn giving a chuckle to the mans playful natured reply. "It would be a honor I imagine to fight alongside a grey warden. Just keep in mind the effort shall extend mutually. I've no intentions to allow defeat for any of us here." He responded honestly aiming to show a bit of his ability to work as a team and not just for himself. Though it was true and fair to say any failed effort individually could mean all attempts lead to futile use of energy and strength. He then grinned at the parting call 'goodnight, Fadetamer' a curious but accepted nickname from the warden known to him as keenan, while the man parted his company for the night and moved off to speak with Venora. Giving a parting wave and nod good night.

Meanwhile he pondered his next move before sleep. Now all the sudden his nightly routine seemed rather secondary now, perhaps he should make effort once more to speak with others like when he first arrived at Skyhold? But who?

Tasuki and Serenity seemed like a pair of interesting tale. Alessandro seemed rather limited to the Inquisitors side and not so interactive up until this point atleast. But what of Evelyn? The Orlesian beauty who seemed near his own age did catch his eye during the war room conference before the travel to Fereldan. Perhaps a small gesture of walking over and offering a smile could open up the doors of conversation?

Shrugging and deciding their was no clear reason for him not to try, Numerious set his things down and walked over toward where Evelyn was staying at the campsite. Approaching casual but slow as to appear less rushed and more respectful, while casting a charming smile and soft gaze with a followed gesture of his hand to say 'May I?' Then stood patiently still until she responded.

"I hope I'm not disturbing your rest and privacy Lady Faux.... But perhaps we could converse in peace before our eves slumber and morning battle with our dragonic host?"

nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight Oenanthe Oenanthe

SERENITY/TASUKI

x7.png
The battle was over and Serenity was thankful that no one said anything about it really. She fallowed the Inquisitor to the camping grounds and began to set up her place before returning to Snow to wash and clean her. It wasn't that she was ungrateful for he offer from Keenan, it was just that she was used to doing it herself for a long time so it became a habit and something she enjoyed doing. That was until she heard the familiar loud voice of the fire themed Templar.

z8.jpg
"Serenity!" he called with a large smile and trod after her as she went to take care of Snow. He left Draco to Keenan since he wanted to try and fix things with the mage he had known for so long but was now avoiding him. "Serenity, please talk to me." he pleaded as she kept her cold gaze upon her white mare. "You can't ignore me

Serenity turned around with a bit of a glare as she spoke lowly so that only he would hear her, "Because I DON'T know you. The last time I saw you was two years ago and you died in my arms. I don't know who you are and I don't WANT to know, Templar." she said then went back to tending to Snow. Leaving Tasuki stunned and shocked as he had never seen such a cold glare. Such frozen distain. It chilled him and made him back down a bit. He knew that when it came to fire against ice, ice always won.

Tasuki relinquished the conversation by raising his hands to the level of his eyes and backed away and walked away before he got blasted with ice magic. He sighed and scratched the back of his head in confusion and exasperation and relief. "Well, now I know that she, for sure, is avoiding me. That's just great." he said to himself as he set up his cot to get some rest but with what happened today he would have some trouble falling asleep. So to try and tire his mind out he listened to the group's chatter and he got a few giggles as Verona complained about Bluebell moving too much and too fast and Keenan making her still with a word so that the elf could finish painting the dog's fur with Kadis. It was a little funny and pretty sweet and nice that there could be some people that got along. Maybe he should try talking to them rather than bothering Serenity and trying to rekindle that friendship that he didn't believe was really gone.

Serenity continued to brush and clean Snow so that she gleamed in the firelight and could rest comfortably without the heavy saddle that she was burdened with for the night.
"You must go where I cannot,
Pangur Bán Pangur Bán,
Nil sa saol seo ach ceo,
Is ni bheimid beo,
ach seal beag gearr.
Pangur Bán Pangur Bán,
Nil sa saol seo ach ceo,
Is ni bheimid beo,
ach seal beag gear." She sang softly to her horse in a language that she picked up in her travels. It wasn't a language she knew but she learned the song and its meaning well enough and that was all she really wanted. She could sing it in English but she preferred to sing songs in their normal language to honor the origin of the melodies. The melody calmed Snow and helped the lovely beast to rest till tomorrow when they had places to go early. "Good night, Snow. Dream well for me." she whispered softly and left her horse's side to sit on her cot and relax a little before she would go to sleep. She may even take a page from Numerious's book and visit the fade a bit before getting some sleep. Who knows, it may even help her with her dreams. She doesn't let them control her as badly as they seemed to Keenan to the point she woke up screaming but her heart would race and her amethyst eyes would shoot open and dart around to make sure she was back in the mortal plane.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SilverFlight SilverFlight Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie.

Last edited:
Ferelden Frostback
Audio
tumblr_nhagpo7wuX1r61mabo3_500.gif

" The Fereldan Frostback is a variant of High Dragon that is native to the Frostback Mountains. Even when compared to other High Dragons, Frostbacks are viciously territorial. They often claim a large swath of territory where their numerous offspring are allowed to roam, under the protection of their mother. " - Note Entry by Professor Frederic of Dragonology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawn rose into the canyon, and with its light came the visual of smoke billowing from the lakeside valley below. Max was the first to awaken and once he was he roused his group with bellowing shouts. " Get up! Move!" Marching to his mount he wasted no time on packing up his supplies and instead was hastily throwing about tack as he prepared Titan. Under normal circumstances, he would have taken great care with this step to avoid any buckles that would slide or pinch his mount, but he gave no more care to his own armor either. The dragon had made another attack, and from the amount of smoke it did not look like it had gone well for the wooden structures around. "May the Maker be with those people now." He muttered in a short word of prayer as those around him clamored to the ready.

Venora had all but flopped out of her bedroll, having to wiggle out from under the weight of Blue who had decided she was indeed a lapdog. It did not take her too long to dress and she wasted no time on preparing her mount more than slipping a bit in, she could ride bareback, the saddles would take too long. " What's wrong Max!? Where is that smoke coming from!?"

"Redcliffe."

tumblr_o6zd9dOrC61s580c6o4_r1_500.gif

(!Roll D20 For Dragon = 2)

The Ferelden Frostback had grown so bold as to begin an attack of the city, but so far had little success against its outer walls. It flew high above, calling out to its young and breathing fire below, but could not yet dip low enough to make damage within. On the outside of the walls however, it had managed to turn to cinders a nearby building along with several carts that produced the clouds of smoke. The city was on guard, but it's citizens cowered in fear of the beast above. It would only be so long before it figured out a weakness, or just dove right in- arrows be damned.
SilverFlight SilverFlight nettie. nettie. The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Sopranos Sopranos NaturalQueen NaturalQueen

Ayen Sabre hated being late. It was rude, inconsiderate, and just a sign of overall laziness. Today however, he was very late. Before he was to leave for Skyhold a rumor of a blood mage in the Circle was circulating. After what happened last time Irving insisted that he stay at least a couple days, just to ensure the Circle's safety. Thankfully they found the source of rumors, a troubled teenage mage who was made at a Templar. After several lessons and talks the teen swore to never speak of using Blood Magic again.

Finally on the road with a trusty Dalish all bred horse he began his journey to Skyhold. During his trip bandits had tried to rob him. They were greeted with flames and quickly the bandits ran away. Finally he had made it to Skyhold, only to be informed that the group had left to find the Fereldan Frostback. After a quick rest for his horse he was back on the road, praying he would be able to find them.

As Ayen rode he let his mind wonder. How many ambassadors would be there? Surely there would be quiet a few since every faction wanted to be involved. He was quite excited to meet the Inquisitor. Hopefully the Inquisitor was understanding all his tardiness would be forgiven. Perhaps there would be other Dalish elves as well, a pleasant surprise that would be.

The elf snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a dragon attempting to break a city's defense, but failing. Surely that was where the Inquisitor and the rest of the group would be. He gently nudged his horse, causing the stead to race towards the town and the dragon.

Keenan = 11

Keenan was roused by shouting. His eyes snapped open and he was on his feet in seconds, rushing for his armour. The dragon was attacking, and the target was Redcliffe, it was all he needed to know.
When was the last time a dragon had been bold enough to attack an entire town? The answer he knew, and it chilled him to the bone. The last time had been the corrupted dragon of Corypheus.
"Something is terribly wrong!" He called to the others, "be cautious!"
It took time to don armour, but if he was facing down the beast at the vanguard he would need it. Before putting on his own however, he reached for the parcel he had received on the road. The mabari helm glittered in the dawn's new light. Before long Keenan sat atop his Forder as it pawed the earth, anxious to start. Bluebell appeared beside him, Venora's kaddis markings coiling down her legs like vines, the reflective armour glinting on her body. She wore it well. He placed a winged helm over his own head and checked to make sure the others were ready.
"We must protect the townsfolk!" He called, "for Redcliffe!!"
At the battle cry Keenan kicked his horse into a hard gallop and tore down the path towards the city, Bluebell hot after the horse's hooves.

The dragon was at the gates, which were hurriedly being closed by two brave guardsmen. The dragon snorted and slammed into the wooden beams, splintering the mechanism and forcing the doors open. Keenan withdrew his hunting bow as his horse charged down the path. He aimed to get the attention of the beast before it got too far into the town. He knocked an arrow and fired and it flew true, striking the creature in the soft part under its wing. Not much of a damaging blow but the creature snarled as it turned. He'd won the frostback's lethal stare and at that he leapt from his horse and sent it away with a tap to its rump. He wouldn't have his horse injured taking it into battle.
Keenan walked forward, slamming the hilt of his sword against his tower shield to hold the dragon's gaze. Blue turned to chase the horse, confused by the size of the foe and over-excited at the sight of so many panicked humans until she was called back by Keenan.
He was now the closest to the beast and he would do his best to keep it that way. To the rest of the party he considered himself a shield.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Sopranos Sopranos NaturalQueen NaturalQueen stepherz345 stepherz345

mabari in gryphon armour.jpg

Last edited:
(!Roll D20 For Max = 13
Venora = 14
Dragon = 6 @ Player 6 )

Riding up on the scene, Max was hopping off of Titan before the horse could even slow to a stop. Keenan had arrived just moments before him and secured the attention of the beast, but now he was facing off alone against the monster's flames. This was something he couldn't allow. Rushing forward he found himself at Keenan's side and formed a defensive wall before the beast.

Maker, but it was huge.

Looking over at the Grey Warden he gave a curt nod of acknowledgment before rushing forward. Next to the battle of Corypheus, this was not nearly as intimidating and he quickly flanked it to slash at its ankles as the others joined in.

Venora was not nearly as accustomed to battle and had never been so close to something as massive as the Ferelden Frostback, gulping she head back. She was a healer, not a fighter and such encounters were not for her. Summoning a barrier she focused it on the boys in the front and watched as a green wave washed and shimmered over them to protect them from harm.

The dragon was frazzled by the sudden onslaught of action. His landing was rough and crude, sending rocks flying in every direction. One whizzed through the air and hit the Orlesian rider on the side of her shoulder.
nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel NaturalQueen NaturalQueen Sopranos Sopranos stepherz345 stepherz345

Evelyn Faux
AGbnrcimbyexKIiW1duUptiNmGAi3K5tkS7oSaF_pvlKJ0fznimSAQtf_w_UNM0x47jR9XXSACbz3MEx9MPl-IWEbboHGBesgdgQX0Jk4TctLh-NVWf-JVi9dFLZBR0-CIdf9Kit

With camp set, Evelyn seated herself on a stump that was at a comfortable distance from the fire; warm but not to the point it would cause her to overheat, and yet not far enough for the night’s air to nip through her. Not having bothered to change from her armor, wary of the Drakes they encountered previously, she wished to be prepared should the inevitable happen.

Her posture was slouched, one leg crossed over the other, as she was engrossed in her journal. Her hand delicately gliding across its pages as she wrote the day's events down. She’d paid no mind to the rest of the party, her own thoughts seeming to be her main distraction against the others. A sigh drawled past her lips before hearing the sound of boots in the dampened grass approaching.

Her aquamarine gaze followed the shoes up to see Numerious. Seeing his gesture, she gave a small nod of approval. She tucked away her feathered pen and closed her journal, still keeping it guarded under her hands upon her lap;

“Not at all. I find times like this, I am quite restless.” she began as she returned his smile, “And please, feel free to call me Evie.” she implored. However, at the mention of the dragon, Evelyn’s smile fell, her face twisting with a grimace. Her nose scrunched up as she cupped her cheek with her free hand to put her distressed weight on her other elbow which rested upon her journal, “Don’t remind me.”

Dragon’s were new territory for the young Orlesian. The largest being she’d ever faced was a Qunari - or if you count that group of slavers - that was a different story. Nevertheless, it would be a true test. A difficult one, but one she hoped would help improve her skills. Adding dragon hunter to her long list of mastery couldn’t do harm. If anything it would be most beneficial. Still, the idea of starring a High Dragon in the eyes, didn’t bode well for her appetite for adventure.

She rather liked the idea of living.

“But yes, conversation is always a good means of distraction. Besides, it would be most helpful for one to know who is guarding their back.” Evelyn flashed an agreeable smile, “It’s almost like trust exercise. Something that Max is putting to the test. To show our worth. But of all things, dragons - I wouldn’t have thought that would be why we were chosen. It’s curious.” the blonde chuckled, “But least I complain. Have you ever fought dragons, Numerious?”

The Silent Z The Silent Z

((Evelyn = 6))

The night left Evelyn on edge, more so than usual. Her grip around her daggers was tighter than usual as she kept them tucked at her sides from within her tent. She stared up to where the supports held the dome together. All of her senses seemed to heightened; hearing every insect that flew by, smelling the ashes from the dwindling campfire, seeing the outlining of everything that was sheltered in the shadows of the night through her tent.

It was unsettling.

She would come to regret her uneasiness in the morning. Hearing the Inquisitor’s bellow, Evelyn peered from her tent to see the rest of the group scrambling about; retrieving their armor and mounts. Her eyes soon caught glimpse of the fire that rose from the direction of Redcliffe. Screams soon followed after as the sky began to become coated in the black film. The Bard no different herself as she sheathed her blades. There was little she needed as everything but her tent was kept on her horse. Leaving said equipment behind for the servants to maintain, she mounted Fiona and tracked off behind Max.

At the gate of Redcliffe, Evelyn found herself beside the Warden; her eyes glided over the panic that was the Dragon and it’s offspring attacking the village. People screaming and scurrying, looking for their family and friends as they tried to avoid the beast’s talons and fire breath.

As the dragon landed, rocks and debris flew from its gust. Evelyn shielded the eye holes of her face guard from being blinded. Her horse too averted its gaze, her rider steering her from the larger debris; causing her to be uneasy as her hooves stumbled about from the stinging sensation of being graze. Evelyn however, too felt the sting. A stray rock knocked into her shoulder, a groan escaping her lips as she instinctively went to hold where she was struck.

Her shoulder armor had been dinged, and a blood became visible where the rock had torn through her sleeve. She cursed under her breath, eyes narrowing as she turned her irate gaze to the dragon as it’s roar pierced the sky. Fearing for her horse, she unmounted it and ushered it off. She would call for her later;

“Of all things…”Evelyn mumbled to herself drawing her daggers. Her eyes watched the Warden carefully as he approached the dragon, banging the hilt of his sword against his shield. This intimidated and distracted the dragon as she turned her gaze towards him, her teeth glinting in the morning’s light.

Evelyn took advantage of the Warden’s distraction; readying her daggers, she flashed through the shadows appearing behind the dragon’s back legs. With a swift motion, she used all of her strength to force her blades into the dragon’s heel. However, in pulling her blade back, it would not give. Her blade was stuck in the dragon’s heel. In realizing and taking too much time to relinquish her blade, the dragon shoved it back towards Evelyn with an incredible force; sending her back several feet. Evelyn rolled, before catching and pushing herself up.

“That was too close..” she breathed heavily, coughing through the cloud of dirt, her grip on her now single dagger tightening as she waited for the beast’s next move. Her back ached from being shoved against the rocks embedded in the earth. Evelyn's breath hitched, but adrenaline coarsed through her veins to help better ignore the pain.

Last edited:
(Ayen=17)

As Ayen neared the battle he took a quick moment to observe what was happening. A female rouge had stabbed it's foot but had not managed to get her dagger back and was pushed back. No one was at the dragon's feet anymore and the beasts attention seemed to be focused on the Grey Warden. This gave Ayen an opportune moment to conjure up a powerful fire spell. Once he was at the outskirts of the battle he slide off his horse and dismissed it.

He stood near another mage. A female elf, she appeared to be Dalish as well. Greetings would have to wait however. The staff began to glow a bright red as Ayen focused his will. After a couple minutes a large explosion of fire exploded at the dragons feet and under belly. The dragon shrieked in pain, clearly shocked by the sudden fire attack.

Ayen was torn about fighting the dragon. Dragons were majestic and very powerful creatures that should be respected. However they were extremely dangerous and easily agitated. Ultimately the dragon would need to be killed for the safety of the people. He respected the worthy opponent and began to prepare another spell.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight @serenity angel The Silent Z The Silent Z

Valarie
4855bf1098e01163d2d4f88dabae5023.jpg

Just as the Ash Warrior was going to sip from her jug a rumble came from beneath her feet. ''Makers breath!'' Valarie gasp to the noise of crashing outside the popular village of Redcliff. Furrowing her brows as she gently places her empty jug down. Grasping her greatsword and dragging it half way across the Inn before lifting it up, her dog whine before pursuing behind his owner. ''I guess they need our assistance...'' Valerie was not, in a particular fund mood. She slammed the door open and witness the civilians flee from near the gates where chaos was being struck. She knew very well her horse Domino would have fled by now since he was in the stables outside Redcliff.

She glances down to her canine who she nodded her head towards the gate, an understandable signal to creep near the entrance without being noticed. Valarie was preparing for battle. She got into her fighting stance and charge, she didn't give any weird battle cry, she wanted to be silent for her entrance that can hopefully grant them aid in the battle. She wanted her canine to distract the dragon from a distance in front, so the inquisitor and his fellow companions could attack more easily and hopefully, it wouldn't see Valarie coming.

Gripping with two hands, I need to get this right! she wanted her blade to brutally slash the back legs, strong enough that its behinds would collapse. So, Valarie now attempted it, she lowered her stance as she picks up speed while charging and.. it was a complete success! Valarie knew though this battle wasn't over yet, once she appears around on the other side she pointed her blade again at the beast. Her dog still kept his distance, it barks and barks continuously.

The dragon must have attempted to breathe fire at him which he would have run around him, he crosses Valarie and the flames would have struck her, she held her wide blade in front of her face to avoid the burns. She did feel the sting though in other places of her body.​

( ( !Roll 2D8 = Players 6 (-10) & 8 (-13) )
tumblr_nj3fgm7YoT1rkelo9o4_500.gif

The great Ferelden Frostback let out a cry of pain in protest to the attackers that were now swarming her like fire ants. The real earth shaking roar came though as a fireball exploded underneath her and sent scalding rocks smashing into her scales that lodged themselves painfully in her underbelly. This pain was only followed up by the sharp sting of a blade on her heels, she had enough of these pest at her feet. In wound-induced fury, she jumped out an down in a fit that rumbled the very stone of the walls and threatened to crush anyone underneath her. Stone flew everywhere as her mighty tail took out a portion of an outpost building and she swiveled. One of her great claws extended for those who had swarmed around her and caught both Eveyln and Valarie in her sweep.

They were flung some distance away from her, most of the damage coming as they slid across the ground away from her. Fire glowed in her eyes and mouth as she dared any to attack her so boldly again.

Vunora had enough distance to see the attack coming and glanced to the mage that had joined by her side- wait - was he Dalish? She stood there in agape, wondering who this stranger was until suddenly the sound of a rock smashing into the ground next to her caused her to jerk her head forward. Shit.

Last edited:
Keenan = 6
Blue = 4(/6)

Keenan was nearly knocked off his feet at the dragon's sudden movement. It leapt past him and attacked two others. Sending them sprawling. With a growl Keenan forced himself up, Blue now at his side again. Together they charged straight at the dragon's face. Keenan attacked first, bringing his sword down in a sweeping motion, but the beast moved at the last second and the blade glanced off her face scales, leaving a small slash. Blue caught a hold of the dragon on a thin patch of skin between her throat plates and her dorsal scales, just behind the jawline and held on, snarling as she did.

(Ayen=9)

Ayen felt a pair of eyes looking at him. He glanced over to see that indeed the mage was a female Dalish elf. She seemed rather young to be here in the middle of battle. Yet she was most likely the representation for the Dalish. He wondered why they would send her.She must've been important, a First or a very very young Keeper. His mind began to spin with questions and memories of his past. His attention only some what focused on his spell.

The rock landing near the female startled him. Which caused the fireball to launch earlier then intended. The medium size fireball landed at the dragons chest. The mighty beast barely flinched at the fireball. "Are you all right miss?" Ayen asked since the rock had landed near her. She appeared fine, just equally surprised as he was to see another Dalish.

Oenanthe Oenanthe

Evelyn Faux
AGbnrcimbyexKIiW1duUptiNmGAi3K5tkS7oSaF_pvlKJ0fznimSAQtf_w_UNM0x47jR9XXSACbz3MEx9MPl-IWEbboHGBesgdgQX0Jk4TctLh-NVWf-JVi9dFLZBR0-CIdf9Kit

((Evelyn = 10))

Evelyn shielded her eyes from the flames that erupted from under the dragon’s belly. She shrilled, her talons dug into the ground as she pounced trying to miss the intense blaze that nipped at her underside. It was then the Orlesain’s gaze followed to see the Ash warrior from before run to strike at her heels once more.

A trick she wasn’t going to allow again.

For once her blade came in contact with her scales, she roared flicking her tail as she kicked the warrior from underneath her. Both of them were exposed to her ridged tail. Before Evelyn had much time to think of her next move, she felt the impact of the beast’s whip collide with her side and send her flying back. With nothing to grab. Evelyn’s back hit and crashed through one of the now abandoned wooden houses.

She couldn’t take much more of this. Her body shook as she slowly forced herself up to her knees, and soon to her feet. Stumbling from the hole from whence she came, she watched as the High Dragon turn it’s attention to where Vunora and - a new face stood. Evelyn sighed stepping lazily over the wooden debris, “See the Inquisitor, they said. It’ll be fun, they said.” she groused behind her mask. Her eyes glided towards the dragon, seeing Keenan's Mabari sinking her teeth into the dragon's neck. At this point, she felt the dog was more akin to dragon slaying than she was herself; though to compare the dog to herself, felt like she was giving the pup a low standard to adhere to. A defeated sigh brushed past the blonde's lips.

Reaching into her pouch, she pulled a vial and three throwing knives. Holding the knives in between the fingers of her throwing hand, she poured the venomous liquid over its edges; allowing it to soak, dripping down to their hilts. “If spiders are good for one thing,” she spoke breathily, “it’s poison.”

With a simple flick of her wrist, Evelyn being at a reasonable distance released the blades from her grasp. Whistling through the air, the blades struck alongside the Dragon’s ribs. Surely going unnoticed because of their size, but she’d hoped the poison would be potent enough to slow the beast down.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z SilverFlight SilverFlight NaturalQueen NaturalQueen stepherz345 stepherz345 Sopranos Sopranos SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Valarie
4855bf1098e01163d2d4f88dabae5023.jpg

Valarie was thrown back by the unfortunate dragon's attack. Ottis did have a spring in his step towards Valarie when he notices her injury, she might have cracked a rib as she felt her side become painful but to reassure her Mabari ''I'm okay.'' He was not convinced completely though. Her Mabari located her greatsword that lay a few meters away, he drags it back with his jaw locking on to the handle, it was slobbery yet equipped now by Valarie. ''Thank you.'' He barks contently with a waggy tail.

The Ash Warrior dragged herself up using her blade as a walking stick, but it was not needed afterwards, she was okay, kind of. She wondered how she could assist now, Valarie grunted. She wanted to attack the legs but she didn't want to be thrown and risk another broken rib, she was already gripping her side with her right hand. She then scanned her surroundings though, seeing the team all work together, it gave her some thought of hope.

When the Mabari witness the other Mabari sinking its teeth into the dragon's neck. He decided to help like a leech, drawing the blood out.

(( Vunora: Heals Evelyn +8
Max: -10 Damage to Dragon
Characters: 1= -12 & 9= -16 by Dragon))

Shaking her head Vunora nodded, "Y-yeah I-" Looking over she realized it didn't matter, she would have to talk later. Rushing closer into the rather literal heat of battle, the Dalish mage ran to Evelyn's side. " I got you! Hold still." She did not have the time to heal her much more under fire, but managed to stop some of the bleeding wounds.

Regaining his composure after the thrashing and twisting of the Ferelden Frostback, he drove his sword forward in motion for another push from the warriors. He, flanked by Rashaan and Keenan, charged for the dragon.

Meanwhile, the dragon had turned his attention to the mages further in the back and released upon them a downpour of fire that spewed from her mouth as if the heart of a volcano was stored within. The flames licked over the distance towards Numerious and Ayen, embers pouring down over them

The Silent Z The Silent Z stepherz345 stepherz345

Keenan = 4
Blue = 4 (/6)

Keenan realized what the dragon intended just a fraction too late. He lurched forward again but couldn't stop the animal from launching its flame at the mages. He was too close to get clear so he threw up his shield. Blue was wise enough to let go and duck under the dragon's legs, attacking the tender part of the dragon's foreleg as she did so.
Keenan was not making much headway in the fight. The creature's scales were too thick and he had so little experience he didn't know where to strike. He reminded himself to look up the literature on dragons once they were at a place to do so. Specifically the chapters on slaying them.
He struck again but managed a glancing blow as the beast moved again and nearly flattened him underfoot.
"
Are you all right?!" He called as the flames cleared. More concerned about the mages than the fact that he was nearly squashed.

Numerious Agorix
Numerious had approached Evelyn slowly as the custom he imagined even outside of Tevinter. Though Orlais wasn't his home, he did travel once in awhile and came to see parts of Orlais and Anderels from time to time though Antiva was seen as well, if less often then he'd like. The crows were a interesting bunch and like Orlais they had plenty of gorgeous country to see with ones own eyes. Presently however the Tevinter mage noticed Evelyn slouched posture with crossed leg, quite taken with her journal before giving a nod of approval and responding. "A pleasure, my thanks for the company. I find nightly routine quite common myself. After converse with Keenan thought I'd break habit, get to know those I shall find myself in battle with tomorrow morning. You drew my attention first.." Numerious gently spoke with a smooth allowance of words passing his lips.

"Perhaps I could ease the restless feel with delighted conversation, if I can manage... Evie, A sweet short on your name." The man spoke offering a polite compliment on her receiving permission to call her Evie instead of Miss Faux. He had noted her returned smile however his mention of Dragon seemed to sour that mood. Perhaps dragons was a unpleasant topic? Numerious came to wonder

"Apologies... I gather dragons do not draw the same reaction as those back home. They can rouse a great scheme if certain parties be present." He gestured a sincere apology not wishing to sour ones smile with a poor mention like Dragon. "Indeed.... Interaction is truly a pleasant way to learn of ones allies, friends perhaps in time? If not too presumptuous of me. A chance of observation as well as verbal communication." Numerious replied in kind with a agreed smile. While refraining from using her choice of words as window to try a flirtatious comment intended for playful exchange. But didn't as that would perhaps be too far on his part and her phrasing was quite fair to the point. "He does have quite the timing for trust exercise and who'd be our first obstacle. Quite the challenger for us newly met ambassadors." He continued in reply while taking a moment to recall his experience upon hearing when quesiton. While offering a chuckle in adding to hers. "Once.... Only once and I hardly call it a battle. Not a true battle atleast. A Magister opposite me in the magisterium aimed to stir a dragon from her nest. Lead it toward my home city of Marnus Pell..... I rode some guards and mounted a defense. I had seen it and heard the creature flying toward my walls with a blast of cold and shattering rocks. I left the safety of my city walls and led it away just enough to keep my people safe. And In short.... the we managed to annoy it and force enough pressure to ward her away.... She left before long and the battle saw little casualty though her stay was brief. Luckily." He responded aiming to sound honest and modest as the battle was hardly anything special for him or his accomplishment. Only a fair reply and answer of Evies question.

nettie. nettie.

----------------------
The nights conversation was pleasant but did not last. Before long morning came and soon enough the dragon lit aflame plenty, smoke rising into the air, the group of collective challengers riding off full steam ahead as horses and harts raced on toward Redcliffe.

The dragon had come to fly overhead and land upon the gates, Venora, Keenan, Bell, Evelyn and some new face and the return of another joined together in opposition of the massive creature of fiery breath and wings.

While others took part in waged battle and angering the great frostback. Numerious took his position and held still with staff in prepared hand, not moving with such haste just yet, instead observing the fiery beast. Knowing his spells were limited against fire dragons, he knew nothing spell wise for ice and cold magic, nothing he could use anyway. Knowledge of the school was different then use of it.

Giving notes to the shared efforts by the team and various attacks used so far, it was the new elven mages fire based explosion that seemed to do the most damage so far... quite surprising to Numerious as he expected a fire spell on the fereldan frostback a less effective move seeing as the beast breathed such hot expel of power and flame. Perhaps he was wrong? After all the Tevinter mage was no expert on dragons. Just limited knowledge on the subject.

Instead of trying a lightning spell he decided to use a continuous spell of spirit and related to necromancy. It would only do small points of damage at a time, but sting the creature a bit over time.

Preparing his spell and closing his eyes for concentration Numerious brought back his staff and held the opposite hand over the top part of the staff. Before oeningnis gaze and targeting the beast with a pushed forward motion and fired a marking spell of spirit, sending a blackened outer edge purple bodied like spell forth to the dragon, hitting it with a small burst of minor proportions but continuously so.

(Likely missed stuff during this posts writing and Rl distractions. But here's Numerious's first battle post.)

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight NaturalQueen NaturalQueen stepherz345 stepherz345 Sopranos Sopranos SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Evelyn Faux

((Evelyn = 9))

Hearing light footsteps sprint towards her, Evelyn averted her gaze to the Dalish female who approached. Letting out a breath of relief, “Thank you.” she spoke with a jovial tone. Feeling the magic surge through her, she could see the small scratches heal through her tattered underclothes. Which altogether reminded her she’d new armor after this was done and over with. Though it didn’t heal her completely; still feeling her body ache from the torn muscles, it would be all she needed to sustain her for the remainder of the battle.

Hopefully.

The sky lit up with flames, before raining down to the earth below. Her target being the very mages who threatened her from a distance. Ignoring her muscle’s cry as she maneuvered, racing under the beast’s belly once more, she reached within her pouch to pull three more blades. Swiftly, she flung them from her grip, piercing the serpents abdomen. From the other side, Evelyn was quick to dodge the dragon’s claws and stomps to avoid being squished. One of the Bard’s arms went to hold against her abdomen to suppress the strain she’d dealt.

"Could be better." Evelyn quipped to the Warden. Though much like his, her concern was that of those the blast of fire was directed. Much like Numerious' story of his first encounter with a dragon, that there would be little casualties. But glancing around, Evelyn could see the charred and crushed remains of those not so lucky.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z NaturalQueen NaturalQueen stepherz345 stepherz345 SilverFlight SilverFlight Sopranos Sopranos SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Last edited:
(Ayen=2)

Ayen was engulfed in the dragon's flames. He winced in pain and clenched his teeth. He had been burned before but something about the dragons flame felt worse. It seemed more painful than an ordinary flame. The flames did eventually die but he definitely felt the pain. His muscles sore from all the energy he used to withstand the attack. He decided that he had to fight fire with fire. As he raised his staff he felt his muscles stiffen up, making it hard for him to concentrate.

He lowered his staff, he needed a minute for his body to get over the pain. He heard someone yelling at him. He looked up to see a man looking at him, concerned for his safety. "I'm all right. Thank you, stay safe." Ayen replied. He did not want to worry his new companions over him. After letting the cool air cool him off he raised his hand to try a spell one more time. He watched as everyone stabbed, swung, bite, or hit the dragon. The dragon was starting to show fatigue. They were getting close to defeating it!

All Ayen needed was another minute to prepare his body and mind to conduct another spell. Hopefully he would be able to push himself and use another powerful fire spell to kill it, or weaken it enough for someone else to kill it. These were the times he cursed himself for not being able to use healing spells very well. His speciality was elemental magic but he hoped to learn other branches of magic.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. The Silent Z The Silent Z

IMG_0287.JPG
First Roll Was: 11
Second Roll & Current Feat: 6

The commotion of battle and fire blasts raining over head. Body moving about, shaking ones balance and sending a tail to keep those around on guard. Numerious observed once more the field of battle, seeing Evelyn injured and receiving care from Venora while the damned dragon moved forth toward himself and the new mage.

"Oh? Now I've got your attention hey?" He shook his head and prepared a thought to counter however it did little good as the dragon was faster. Flying past above his head with the downpour of fire burning his robes, marking his body with fiery reminders of its presence. Feeling the pain of burning and the skins cry. Numerious kneeled upon bending knee, holding his staff before his body with both hands keeping still, head lowered to hide his faces expression and muffle his painful burst and number of curses after the fiery feel of the dragons wrath. "Cheeky... little... bast..... needing...." He whispered in cut off phrase, thinking over his next move and slowly rising to the full stand he was once before the hit of flames.

"Certainly not the best way to undress... You large beast nor had I planned too. I'll do away with your help......" Numerious softly uttered with sharp gaze to the dragon hoping his next move was greater then before.

Bringing his hands back with his staff charging up another spell this one of lightning and bolt. Aiming to cast a large and charging ball of electricity toward the beasts mouth hoping to injure and bring pain upon that which ruined his robes and pain his body.

Though his focus seemed to lack from the blow as the bolt of lightning wasn't large as he intended but fired it off anyway, still aiming for the mouth and seeing it least injure the dragon with minor like shock in its mouth.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight stepherz345 stepherz345 NaturalQueen NaturalQueen SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Sopranos Sopranos

(( Max= 15
Venora= 11
Damaged Characters = (Alessandro -3) & (Serenity -13)
Current Dragon Health: 172/250 ))

The Ferelden Frostback was jumping and thrashing in protest, swinging its great tail that sent a flaming cart flying in the direction of Alessandro and Serenity. A piece of the handle broke off and went flying towards the spymaster, whilst the main body shattered near the ice mage, showering her in dark red embers.

Max dove and slid underneath the belly of the dragon, giving a thin slash all the way across the bottom before popping out on the other side. To keep from having the dragon crush him, Keenan and Rashaan continued their onslaught around the ankles and tail. Damn the beast for being so large! No one could even go about reaching any higher... he needed to climb.

Venora looked back where the other Dalish had been and cursed in her mother tongue. Had she not moved, that would have been her. It should have been her, or she should have at least provided cover for him and Numerious. Looking forward with new determination, she ducked under the flying cart and put a fresh barrier around those closest to her.
The Silent Z The Silent Z Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie. NaturalQueen NaturalQueen SilverFlight SilverFlight stepherz345 stepherz345 SerenityAngel SerenityAngel

Last edited:
(dice = 9)

Sandro was still finding a way to approach the giant beast as he understood that he's not the strongest in a fist fight and it's unwise if he stood in front of this dragon and provoked her. He had been keeping a safe distance with the dragon from the start of the battle and yet to make a crucial movement. Suddenly, from the dragon's side, she swung her giant tail at a cart and sent them flying. The cart was flying toward him and his mage companion Serenity... He couldn't act much but to quickly threw a small pouch of poisoning spikes in front of him. Sandro, for a few second, realized that he couldn't evade the attack, he threw the poisoning spikes just to prevent the Fereldan Frostback of she decided to come for him while he's injured.

"- Argg!!!"

Right after he was able to drop the spikes, Sandro himself quickly trying to get away from the flaming piece of wood yet he failed. It hits him in his left shoulder yet pushed him toward a wall, it was a whisker away from a head injury had the spymaster failed entirely to lean his body. Sandro was in serious pain as he coughed heavily while holding his chest.

Sandro slowly dropped another piece from his belt into the ground as he managed to got to his feet. The thing he dropped was a smoke bomb, covered his side. He hid behind the wall of smoke to prevent the dragon from exploit his weak moment.

"- Serenity! Where are you ?!"

Behind the smoke, he went looking for Serenity, who's also hit by that flaming cart. He's afraid as she was injured as the whole body of the cart was coming toward her. It wasn't long until he found her.

"- The dragon wouldn't be approaching us. Are you alright ?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back