• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Inquisition Reformed (Open & Accepting)

header.jpg
" Excuse me miss."
" I am so sorry but, I really really must take a break now."

A man dressed in subtle Antivan regalia had approached Vunora upon her exit of the dance floor, moving his sweeping half cape off to the side in a bow. The young elf looked like she had greatly enjoyed herself, but was growing tired of the upbeat reels. At her exasperation, he gave a smooth chuckle and shook his head.

" No, no, you misunderstand me. I have been sent here by the Queen to retrieve you from the floor."

This only made her look even more befuddled and confused. What would the Queen want with her? But as she looked over to Max to see if he had any idea what was going on, she noticed he was speaking to a man much the same. A royal guard, she put together by the way they were dressed and the long thing swords that hung at their belt while everyone else was unarmed.

Not just Max, but all members of the party were approached by such guards. Seeing Max give a flustered farewell to an Antivan woman in gold and follow after, she fell in line and decided it was best to do the same.

They all came together inside the grand main hallway with swooping high arches and glittering tile floors. "Inquisitor, what is this?" Vunora said quietly as she looked at those around her. " I have no idea. Is everyone here?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel @Nettie.

(( Since there is a holiday tomorrow, I decided to split the post. Everyone feel free to wrap up your characters interactions in the ballroom and meet us in the hall. I'll start the Queen Scene July 5th. ))

SUL ORNAY
divider__6__by_ladymidnightsolace-da3ygsj.png

quin_by_stargrenade-dbbu67e.jpg

Seeing his job was not finished, Sul went and looked around, spotting a rusted candle holder that was about 5ft tall. Grabbing it, he smash the actual end on the ground and made himself a sort of spear. Giving it a few twirls, he turned to the last assassin, which seemed to be a bit more cocky than the others. Striding forward he tucked the bar under his arm and stood next to Tasuki, towering both over Romario and his bright haired companion. Tipping his chin up, he smiled a little, switched the bar between under his arms with a twirl,"I don't like how you play, old man." striking forward, he hit the man in the shin and took a step back.
A shrug came from the masked man and he tipped his head in question.
Sul tipped his head back and smirked before striking again.

The masked man ended up running his blade along the length of the makeshift spear and towards his face, in which Sul brought up his knife and countered the movement of the blade,"Makers above." he hissed and brought his head forward.
Headbutting the man full force, his Qunari skull kept him from being knocked back, the decorations on his horns buzzing from the contact.

Watching the man for his reaction, he pushed the man away with his staff and brought his own knife up in a ready position as he took a step or two back.

The Silent Z The Silent Z Sopranos Sopranos stepherz345 stepherz345 SerenityAngel SerenityAngel
divider__6__by_ladymidnightsolace-da3ygsj.png

Keenan had just about decided he would attempt a rescue in any case when Vunora was suddenly led away. Keenan followed the servant with his gaze until a light tug on his sleeve made him jump.
"I beg your pardon warden Dunmar, but the queen has requested the presence of all attending members of the inquisition."
Keenan gave Evelyn an unsure look before turning and following the ornately-dressed man.
They did not need to go far and Keenan couldn't help but crane his neck to see the elaborately decorated ceiling.
He found Vunora standing in this hall beside the inquisitor and made his way over to them.
"We're not in trouble are we?" He asked quietly.

Oenanthe Oenanthe

((Really just to get Keenan into place))

IMG_0304.JPG

Numerious listened and nodded along while piecing together Serenitys words in order to better understand. It wasn't that he questioned her but was surprised to hear that her experience was so different from what he came to hear about Rivain. The circle treated her like fereldans circle of magi and similar places it seemed, if a tad worse in some cases. Did the Templars have a special interest and cause against her? Or was it through royal instruction that she be treated as so? It was odd and quite horrid by the sounds of it. Made Tevinter look decent in some ways, they allowed people outside after all and didn't take away that freedom and natural part of life.

"Harrowing by age five? I thought most kids with magical ability were usually just discovered by this time and brought to the tower? While years passed before any harrowing took place as preparing the youthful mages to some degree was required?" Numerious asked rather shocked by this revelation. He was from Tevinter and things certainly ran differently but his travels during expeditions and news, information gathering moments had told him of different tales and way of things outside his native imperium. "Family isn't my greatest topic nor experience. But even a dwarf can reach the fade through extraordinary means and effort.... though usually at the hands of another. I imagine with effort and means you could achieve a close bond and kinship with those you allow to get come near, open yourself enough to minimize the pain such risk could bring."

Numerious added before returning to listening and gazing out into the crowd. Keeping observant with his eyes whilst his ears remain close to hear Serenity. It was his experience that told him to remain active and observant at such gatherings, less you become subject to something you hadn't wish to take part in. "Forgive my opinion and saying so.... But I see Rivain as one in need of new rulers. A new king. A undesired comment and subjected to ones own willingness to harm in such verbal ways.... While irritating and unwanted doesn't seem worthy enough of Life imprisonment and torture, sounds rather extreme. While safeguarding such facts would be better served to ones own public image and health. Take it from a Tevinter.... Everyone is stronger in public eye then in reality, because image says more then words. Less your words can shatter false reality and truths.... While my fellow Magisters claim one thing in front of all, they do another behind closed doors. Yet while many suspect or even know the truth, they live content as long as public image seems in tact."

The mage spoke though he felt himself crossing lines and in ways that were unnecessary yet honest of opinion. If one king can allow poor treatment of his own daughter and seemingly disown her like he did or would seem to have done. How does one connect with their people? Rivain was a nation of peaceful folk who got along with elves better then most, was said to have a circle tower to please the chantry but truly allowed more freedoms then any other known to the world. They all seemed close knit. But the king was sounding to Numerious unlike his own people.

"You're welcome. Though I can tell that my attempts haven't really worked too well, a distant Tevinter at work? What would people do without us." He chuckled in jest and continued to listen. "Sounds like you've given up on more then yourself alone... Tranquility takes from us all that we hold dear, it's a form of power that's abused and unnecessary. Better teachings, further studies into the theory so that feelings needn't be disturbed in such a way. If we have come this far and achieved this much, why not study ways to take magic from those unable to bare it and leave in tact their feelings, so love and hurt, joy and sadness can still be felt? I mean for the love of Andraste we have time magic, a once thought impossible theory that's now quite possible and exists. Why not improve tranquility so it's less inhuman.... Sorry. I get riled up easily on this topic. It's just people would rather bend time, shape it while costing us and paying in kind with tears in space and such, rather then help people in need because the power is more desired..... Anyways... Your thoughts while upsetting are perfectly just. Pain, loneliness and suffering is hard but giving up on all of humanity and yourself would not help. I'd say more time and effort to change the hardships, turning them into positive experiences moving forward with those who care would be more beneficial to you."

Numerious spoke offering again his thoughts on the matter and breaking from his control a bit with his comments concerning Tranquility, Time magic, space tearing and power obsessed people who place hardly any thought into such matters like he brought to attention in his small rant.

While she spoke of her magic, mother and past life that would cause the maker to punish her so. Numerious listened again, but this time unable to find the words, he couldn't believe it and it was nothing like what he knew. Infants causing such things was seemingly impossible to him yet it was true, he just couldn't wrap his mind around it and understand it in full. Even in Tevinter such things were unheard of and they brought Time magic into existence in recent years during the Corypheus war against the uprising inquisition and alliances. He gave a understanding and heart felt nod and expression but kept quiet for the moment as he didn't wish to say the wrong thing and be clumsy with his words. But this topic in particular was a challenge for him to meet. It was sad, she punished herself too greatly for something she couldn't have stopped nor control and the Maker while not Tevinters biggest supporter wouldn't punish in such a way would he? Past lives and all even?

But as they moved along and Serenity took his hand that he offered, giving a small smile in replied gesture. Numerious listened and thought over her question about his kid sister and what happened to her..... The words were like a trigger easily pulled, releasing memories into his mind like a flood from the past. He could picture them all so well that it was like he began to relive it just as if it were happening now. "No, it's alright..... You opened up to me, I can offer no less. Her name was Abigail Elizabeth Quintus-Agorix.... She had the longest name in the family as my mother wished to bestow upon her both her maiden name and my fathers name. She died of illness at the age of seven, we thought at first it was unfortunate of fate not something aided by the hand of reality.. By the time I discovered with my family that she had been poisoned it was too late.... She fought for a week to live but couldn't hold on any longer as her strength was drained, all used up for us and herself. She was spent and wanted to Rest In Peace, so she let go and we never found her true killer only the one responsible for the poison. My one light in a dark world was lost that night...." Numerious spoke

While they walked back into the crowd and began to return to the others. Abigail was always the favored child of his mother, second was his elder brother and then was the hated third in rank and middle child, Numerious. Abigail was the lone member of house Agorix that was liked and loved by all who were related to her, the rest varied and his father only favored power thus how he chose his successor.

At this time Numerious noted the approaching guard and lent his ear to listen as he spoke to him and Serenity and Blue. Telling them they were wanted elsewhere by the queen herself...... Now this was odd and came with questions but Numerious merely nodded and gave a look to Bell and Serenity before moving behind the guard in folllwong.

Oenanthe Oenanthe SerenityAngel SerenityAngel @Nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back