• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Dragon Age: Inquisition Reformed (Open & Accepting)

Numerious Agorix
Hmm..... Things were coming along nicely and it was even a holiday yet. Numerious had since come to learn the Dalish elfs name was Venora, meanwhile the other elven representative was here on behalf of the Qunari and now a extra pair of hands had arrived a tad late but in time enough to enter and introduce himself along side his hobbies, not only that but he seemed to spark a slight reaction from the girl from Rivain..... Serenity. Only a slight and hardly remained reaction, but a reaction still.

Whilst now it seemed Venora, Rashaan, Evelyn, Serenity, Keenan, Alessandro and now this Tasuki had all spoken...... Oh dear was it now the turn of Numerious? The man slowly raised his opening eyes, released a breath and set down his glass of wine, slowly and quietly looking toward each member, each representative momentarily before speaking. Truly he had to wonder of who out of them all here would see him as the untrustworthy? It seemed the Grey warden had issues with his presence at their first meeting though his sweet mabari hound took kindly enough to the stranger from the Imperium. Venora didn't seem to mind him either, least so far. But what of the others? Numerious couldn't help but wonder and this soon led for a smile to appear across his features, his lips curling upward into a sharp honest appearing crown of a grin.

"A pleasure in making each of your acquaintances..... " He began taking pause to observe his fellows and take note. Sometimes even the simplest thing as a meeting could truly be turned into a game of chess. Any figure familiar with politics knew this and despite their potential hesitation to play such games, they did and would need to or else fall into ruin by another's hand or devious mind. "I'm Numerious Agorix Ambassador from my beloved Tevinter. " He paused once more with intention to observe closely the reaction to the simple somfar reveal. After all his accent and mention of Tevinter alone brought reaction in past experiences.

"Unsurprisingly my hobbies include History, a much needed and highly thought of subject back home. But furthermore I quite enjoy historical investigation, the uncovered facts and sources of truth that lay hidden and lost to our eyes and knowledge seeking minds. Exploring history as if it was a land of its own. Marked with treasures of knowledge and exciting tales. I also enjoy reading and chess."

Numerious explained his hobbies with a smile and nod. "Truthfully I'd sound rather dull, no? I also enjoy exploring the fade and all magical related things. A mage often does and history can be easily found through the fade, if you look for it." Numerious continued though the Fade wasn't the best of sources as a whole, it could provide plenty of details and clues, allowing a trail to be discovered and followed to where you need to look for whatever it is that your after.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos

g09i56fcRLFU0Z5bgK3qzdMs5oEPYAuVOsD-PjtiRzadHUy1YKPJ5IYVl1s4XJjB2Uu5hAg_rFkdeXPoBdyCLUCHw4BXY9a8rkzmvyqmKsTW16DC3mGFjKAZ-sfjsxi7nf813htS

Evelyn Faux

AGbnrcimbyexKIiW1duUptiNmGAi3K5tkS7oSaF_pvlKJ0fznimSAQtf_w_UNM0x47jR9XXSACbz3MEx9MPl-IWEbboHGBesgdgQX0Jk4TctLh-NVWf-JVi9dFLZBR0-CIdf9Kit

It was certainly an intriguing bunch; a young lady who appeared to be quite young and private, two Elves - both Dalish? No - there a difference in how they held themselves. A warrior and his Mabari pup, who she took to being a Grey Warden given his armor. He was a rare sight in these parts given the most recent fate of the beloved Wardens. And two more gentleman, who almost seemed as out of place as she felt, though she held her head high to avert such thought.

It was only after she introduced herself, did she catch the dark-haired male’s smirk in the corner of her eyes. However, he remained quiet sipping on his wine. Evelyn’s brows rose slightly, before prying her gaze from the robed male; taken him as a Magister the more she observed of his tailoring. Much like herself, he seemed to wait as if he were in the shadows - ever curious of this new company they would soon share. The slightest smile tugged at her lips before returning her attention to the group closest to the War Table.

Attentively, she listed to the rest of the group introduce themselves; paying particular attention to their voice and mannerisms. There was much one could learn just simply by how they stood, shifted their weight, or held themselves. It would be somewhat more difficult to read gathering this was their first times meeting in a room before the Inquisitor himself. All of them were gathered for a single purpose - that much would be certain. They were the best that their represented parties wished to offer. If not that, they were there at their own discretion and hear what it was the Inquisitor could offer. Seeking common ground; Neutral Territory.

That was Skyhold.

‘So, we are to be peacekeepers?’ the Orlesian thought to herself, an arm crossed under her chest as her free one brought her hand up to let her fingers fiddle with the emblem placed on her collar. A voice came to pull her from her thoughts. Her eyes traveled to the direction of the figure possessing it; the Warden - Keenan Dunmar. A warrior, dog lover and even had a crafty touch it would seem as he proceeded to pull a pair of finely crafted bracers. Though she kept her distance, she could see the love put into the detail. Such art would fetch a pretty penny back home, she thought.

Even the Elven woman erupted with excitement over the armor. Evelyn cast a gentle smile over in her direction as she continued to introduce herself. Venora, as she would come to be known, felt warm - as if she had a gentle heart - passionate even, as she seemed to continue on with how she became introduced to baking. Evelyn had to admit, she wouldn’t have thought of such hobbies from a Dalish. She would most certainly be interesting. As she finished, the other Elf, who seemed close to Venora, was introduced as Rashaan. ‘And with the Qunari.’ Evelyn’s brows rose once again. This group was becoming more and more intriguing by the second.

Before another had the chance to introduce themselves, the double doors swung open revealing a new face as he stripped himself of his helmet. A young man, appearing no older than his early twenties - if Evelyn had to guess; wild red hair and amber eyes that seemed to focus on Serenity as if she were the only one in the room, though she didn’t seem to return his gaze. ‘Interesting…’ Evelyn thought, taking her attention back to the War Table as the knight introduced himself as Tatsuki. One who enjoyed the simplicity of gardening it would seem. It was rather cute.

Lastly, the man called Numerious introduced himself. And as such that she had gathered from his appearance, Tevinter. Evelyn, herself, had not dealt business with or interacted with someone from Tevinter - that wasn’t to say she didn’t hear the distaste that usually fell behind at its mention. She, however, had no opinion on the matter. But that was all in saying she’d never had dealings with blood magic or slaves, which she was personally against as a whole. Most of their entirety was looked upon as taboo.

A shame really. And who was she to judge?

“Of course not,” Evelyn spoke up her eyes sliding to glance at him once more, “Who doesn’t love a bit of lore and history? Maybe we can discuss it over a game of chess.” her hands fell behind her back, lacing together as she flashed a thin yet delicate smile.

Max gazed over the room as it seemed the introductions were wrapping to a close.

Rashaan was a funny elf, in the sense that she seemed far more Quinari than Elf. Not like the one who had greeted her like family- Venora was all elven to the core. Rashaan seemed to have been put in the wrong body, she exceeded the space her bones had given her and held an intimidating presence of someone far larger.

Tasuki seemed to startle Max almost as much as he had Serenity. Although, there were no forlorn gazes between him like that of which had been exchanged between the other two. Rather, he just had not been expecting someone so...red. Attempting not to judge the man too quickly, he shifted under the weight of his armor and listened.

Numerious struck him as quite possibly one of the most Tivinter-Esque people to ever be produced by the land. What that meant was yet to be determined

For now he was content to let the conversation drift as they filled in the gaps of silence with their own chatter.

~~~~~~~~~

'Rashaan'... the whole while that her lethallan spoke she repeated the name over and over again in her mind. How odd. It was hard to think of her as anyone other than Ashara, the young girl who had helped keep Venora out of trouble when she was just knee-high to a grasshopper. She had so much she wanted to ask her.

Tasuki fascinated her, like watching a living flame. Had she heard he liked to garden, she might have piped up some enthusiastic response. Venora adored plants and gardens, traveling gave them no chance to truly set down deep roots, but she still relished in the plants they came across. Instead of that however, her mind got stuck on 'fire eating'. " By the Dread Wolf!! You EAT FIRE!? H-how!? Surely it cannot be tasty?"

The more Numerious spoke, the more she liked him. He stuck out like a sore, black thumb in the room that none wanted to stand too close too, and it only made her want to know more.
" Oh, I'd like to come to this game of chess! Perhaps I could share some Dalish history?"
SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z nettie. nettie. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Sopranos Sopranos

Last edited:
Upon being showered with compliments from Vunora Keenan found the floor more interesting than it had been before. He looked up at her, his regret in earnest when she mentioned the rarity of the gift among her people.
"But the Dalish craft is one of the most beautiful. I admit I've taken inspiration from the work, it's simply legendary." Keenan seemed to become more animated when he spoke, it was evidence of his genuine passion for the trade.

He felt he should be intimidated by the representative of the qunari, but the woman's joking and honest nature was so unlike the stoic, bull-headed lot he'd been exposed to he couldn't bring himself to it. In truth he knew precious little about the qunari, only that they kept to themselves, had a very strict cast system and accepted anyone who wished to join their ways. Growing up in the Anderfels he had escaped a large majority of qunari activity, he knew more about Tevinter.

When the new representative arrived Keenan listened to him respectfully. The title puzzled him. "How did you end up representing both the Templars and the mages? Its hard to imagine them agreeing on anything." Keenan was well aware of the war that broke, as far as he knew the wounds were still raw. When his hobbies were mentioned Keenan gave a half smile, "No stranger than what I do."
'Numerious Agorix', now there was a mouthful. The man was the embodiment of eloquence, Keenan imagined him being able to charm more than one with his manner alone. When he mentioned the fade Keenan started, he gripped the table without realizing it.
"I would hardly call going into the fade boring." More like horrifying, but Keenan kept that thought. Not everyone had his experiences with the place he reminded himself. Still, even just knowing what Agorix was willing to do added another ten feet to the comfortable distance he would keep away from the man.
The Orlesian, in true Orlesian fashion did not bat an eyelid. Of all the people in the room--including the inquisitor-- he labeled Evelyn and Numerious as potentially the most dangerous, he'd yet to make up his mind as to whether or not that was a bad thing.

Keenan knew it was impolite, but the question could not wait to be asked:
"Inquisitor," He began, "I understand the need for our presence, each representative here stands by a powerful force, but as of yet I've heard nothing of what we will be doing specifically."
Keenan had only been able to imagine the tasks that had been set before them, he imagined it would be a grand amount of pomp and hand-shaking as they gathered support from around Thedas, soothing grudges and building bridges. He could imagine, but he did not know.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie.

SERENITY/TASUKI

z1.png
There would certainly be a ver long and private discussion between her and the red-haired Templar for quite a few things but right now was not the time to bring that up in discussion, so for now she pretended that she didn't know him. She hid her anger behind her walls of impenetrable inner ice. She would not cause a scene in front of the other ambassadors and especially not in front of the inquisitor because of the hot-headed Templar that was way to trusting and free ranged with his information. He had not changed at all in the time they were apart. She kept her gaze as cold as they had been since her arrival. She had become the embodiment of her magic's specialty. The very ice she wielded. Beautiful, cold and deadly.

The Dalish representative, Venora, was almost like a child in her surprise and facination. She seemed stuck on Tasuki's words of 'fire eating'. Of course it wasn't literal. It was more a trick and he was sure to explain what it was about that hobby of his that had him so fascinated with and embarrassed about. She then turned her gaze to the Tevinter Mage next when he spoke and most of her suspicions were right. There was something about this Tevinter mage that she either liked, suspected or didn't like at all. She couldn't figure out which though. It was way too early to tell right now.

Finally, all introductions were over and done so far. Now that that was out of the way what did te Inquisitor want to do next? Story time? She couldn't help but have the thought cross her mind as she always had a bit of a quick tongue but she kept this little snarky remark to herself and entertained herself with it alone.

jack__commission__by_sakimichan-d8fdlzs.jpg
Tasuki was not really used to being the center of attention for positive reasons so this was a bit of a new experience but it was welcomed with a big happy grin. The Dalish elf caught him a bit by surprise that she would be stuck on his fire-eating rather than the gardening but he guessed it was because it was an unusual hobby for anyone to have. "Well, it's more of a party trick but you'd be surprised how tasty fire can be. Even better than catching a snowflake on your tongue." he toyed with her a bit. He just couldn't help it. She was just too cute like a little child.

When Keenan asked how he got his title and how he could lead both mages and Templars he scratched the back of his fiery red head with a bit of embarrassment and loss, "Well, to be honest, it's more of my own rebel group. A group of mages and Templars that have no real quarrel with each other. The ones you remember are no longer really. The Templars in the group sympathyse with the mages and want to help them, while the mages do not fear their Templars but are more like their friends. Some since childhood. This is the new rebel group. We don't really want to be associated with those psyco-rebels from the past. We're actually pretty peaceful. I was voted leader because I pretty much started it...I guess. Since it started we gained a LOT of members and supporters but you know the scars still aren't quite healed from last time." he said with a bit of a sign. He had a lot of weight put on young strong shoulders and not really by intention either.

Tasuki was always fascinated with the fade and wondered if he could ever see it outside of dreams but he figured that was impossible. Since he was not a mage he would have to settle for reality and dreams. He glanced over at Serenity and saw that her eyes had not changed this entire time. Had she forgotten about him? Why was she being so cold to him? He would have thought she would run to m and hug him, thankful that he was alive but just the opposite happened. She refused to even really acknowledge that they knew one another. It saddened him a little but he would not let that show for the time being.

When Keenan asked the Inquisitor why they were all summoned here this got both Serenity's and Tasuki's attention and looked to Max for an answer, but neither one saying anything and letting him speak in his own time. The two could at least put their past aside for the time being and focus on saving Theidas from whatever threat was facing it. Be it another blight or another wanna-be god coming to claim it.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SilverFlight SilverFlight Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie.

Last edited:
" I -uh. Yes, I'm sorry." Max apologized, letting out a little laugh as he looked down at the pile of papers he kept at the side of the war table. " Let's see..." Shuffling the papers absently, he went until he found the object of his attention. Pulling out an old crisp letter, he laid it in the middle of the map for everyone to see.
' Dear Inquisitor,

It has come to my attention that you have developed a reputation for dragon hunting. I have comprised a list for your convenience. It is in the best interest that these High Dragons be eliminated with great haste. In the chaos, they have begun reproducing with an alarming rate. However, I must insist that extinction need not be your goal. In return, all I ask is that you openly exchange any academic intel you gain from these encounters

Fereldan Frostback - The Hinterlands
Northern Hunter - Crestwood
Abyssal High Dragon - The Western Approach
Gamordan Stormrider - Exalted Plains
Greater Mistral - Emerald Graves
Hivernal - Emprise Du Lion
Vinsomer - The Storm Coast, on Dragon Island
Sandy Howler - The Hissing Wastes
Kaltenzahn - Emprise Du Lion
Highland Ravager - Emprise Du Lion
Hakkon Wintersbreath - Frostback Basin

- Frederic

" This, is our immediate concern. As many of you know, or might have experienced first hand, the dragons are in greater number than ever. As of today, two entire villages have fallen to them just in the last year. The individual death toll and property losses are uncountable. Monsieur Fredric has been so kind as to list them in order of urgency, which makes the Fereldan Frostback our first target. A magnificent beast, however, she has been terrorizing the route into Redcliffe. If it decides to attack the Crossroads or the city, the people they will suffer heavy casualties."
SerenityAngel SerenityAngel SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Numerious Agorix
Numerious took gaze over toward Evelyn as she spoke to him with a thin delicate flash of her smile. He smiled a brief moment with a soft nod in response to her, "Your too kind Miss Faux... " He began to respond with a gentle tone to his voice and smooth release of words from his tongue and escaping his lips. "I'd look forward to our game. Discussion of history and lore would be quite pleasant... You've only need to say a time and I'll be happy to take part." He continued with a fair smile and short nod as he relaxed his straightened posture and stood to listen to all. It wasn't often the Tevinter mage met new faces of like minded interests in history and Lore.

Next Numerious looked toward Inquisitor Max Trevellyan for a moment in pondering about the man. Before looking to Venora as she spoke at first seemed interested at the mention of fire eating. Bringing a curious thought or two of his own before moving on toward her part aimed toward himself and Evelyn.
"Oh? I'd very much enjoy such a partaking.... Dalish history can be quite elusive and rare. I'd rather enjoy hearing more on the subject." Numerious added honestly. Out of all the points of history it was often the Dalish and elven history that was most tricky for him to track down and uncover truths.

Next Numerious looked over to Keenan rather wondering what kind of experiences he may of had involving the fade. After all everyone had different encounters pending their situation and interests, while those of non mage status he couldn't say exactly how they'd enjoy the experience of the fade.
"Yes. The fade itself is rarely boring, but often in historical search and investigation it can become a test of patience and keen eye. The perceived smallest detail can be the hardest to find or easiest to overlook. But usually key either way and opens the gate to another part along the path. The dedication and work placed into historical search can seem boring to others, but I see not all." He spoke offering grin and further explanation of what he meant. Truly his hobby could become quite tiring and trying at times, it took patience to start such a venture and much time alone to have chance at success.

Meanwhile he looked toward Serenity and Tasuki. The pair were rather curious and what the story between them was began to play like a cat in his mind, quite curious and intrigued at the idea in what tales could be told there. As perhaps an elder compared to them in his early thirties, he was rather interested to know how such young representatives were selected and more so the stories behind them. Just as Numerious found much intriguing about each one of them for different and similar at the same time reasons.

The tale behind his own presence and chosen representation of Tevinter was rather mixed in their own right and much behind it. So it stood to reason that each of their tales would prove most fascinating as well.

"The Age old dilemma...... Dragons. They draw much interest from mages around Thedas and admittingly those in Tevinter may agree with such a notion, some have after all the sheer power of these incredible flying beasts of magnificence is remarkable." Numerious added in from his own point of view and began to say. It stood to reason that some would desire to tame and control such dragons, they could be powerful allies and servants in war. But power does have tendency to corrupt...

"If this would be the will of our council then.... I and Tevinter shall back such a cause. It would be most interesting and satisfying to see up close different breeds of Dragon in addition to those I've encountered before." Numerious spoke ending his thoughts on the matter for the moment, while he couldn't help but notice his words be suspicious pending on how they were taken. But that aside it did play into a bit of mystery shrouding him and that could prove useful for now. Until more was learned about each of his new companions and allies, he would be better served being on guard yet open enough to show his worth in trust and loyalty. After all he did greatly admire and think highly of loyalty... He had reasons too. Thus why unlike many of his kind and of his status he'd willingly kneel before a Mabari and offer kindness and gentle hand upon the hounds head for petting.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos

Indeed that dragons has been returning to Thedas for the last few years and it's been a major concern. Though it's never been a concern in Antiva, where Sandro himself hadn't met a single dragon, or even a wyvern or a drake. But the Inquisitor had state it as a top priority so Sandro himself had the same responsibility as he's now one of them. He started to planning toward the problem that they could be facing at Hinterlands.

"- I see. I'll send our agents to scout out the region. We should be very considering on when and where we encounter it."

As he spoke in his signature Antivan accent, Sandro immediately took note from the information in the map and what he had to do later. Information gained from scouting was very important to him therefore Sandro himself paid great attentions of scout reports. This high dragon, her strength, her weakness, her usual destination that could be scouted on her previous attacks. Based on that they could make a plan on when and where they should encounter her, exploit her weakness to defeat the dragon and prevent as much as casualty as they can.

"- Also I say we would need to send support to the people who had already suffered from the previous attacks, just at least to maintain your reputation as Inquisitor. There are quite a lots we need to do but I would need more information for the time being."

For a moment he changed his attention toward the Inquisitor Trevelyan.

"- Unless I'm wrong, in this trip we are also seeing you coming back to your home land Ferelden, Inquisitor. Perhaps you're a little excited toward this operation ?"

Last edited:
Rashaan looked at the others react to each others interactions. She was surprised to see so much civility between the various representatives, despite their various issues. She had known all the issues between them, even made them worse in her time as a spy and read about the troubles that the inquisition had to get the support of other races. This was really something unprecedented and she wondered if this will be good for her own people and wondered if it was necessary to show some discontent.

The thought was interrupted when her eyes came upon Venora once more, noticing her mutter her name. Rashaan had thought he had left Ashara behind long ago, another age and another life lost as she was reborn to be eventually Rashaan. Now had memories of their past, helping to take care of Venora, hunts with other hunter and her vehnan... Her family. She tried to shake the thought from her mind, the qun is her belief and family now that is where she belongs. All that is in the past is still in the past.

She heard the briefing about the dragons, she had to agree that they were a threat. There was even some sighting in Saheron from what she had heard but they were beyond her job and responsibility. "Well, they dont call this the dragon age for nothing now do they." She said with a small chuckle thinking on their situation." You will well know that taking down dragons is not an easy thing especially as group as young as this. Fighting skill alone will not be enough. We need training, plans, to establish an understanding of each other and form team cohesion. If any of that is left wanting we are going to be a cooked meal for dragons."

Audio Link
(Via Sopranos)
db6afobrhdrln47qypih.png

Location- En Route Through The Hinterlands, Ferelden.
Weather - Partly Cloudy, 74°F
Time - 4:30PM/ Bloomingtide, 9:45
Objective - Reach Dustlight Camp before dusk, Engage Ferelden Frostback the following day

tumblr_ni6bbgcEjQ1twboxzo1_500.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their journey had been a long one, it had taken them three days to reach this point and now the fourth day was almost halfway done. Still their destination was ahead of them, where they would make their final preparations before battle. It would not have taken so long had the mountain pass not been so torturous and rife with the melting snow and ice that slid under the weight of their mounts. At least the weather had been kind, only raining once, and it seemed to warm more and more as they left the mountain range.

It had required so much focus just to get down the mountain, that few actually spoke until the third day when it seemed everyone was beginning to thaw out. By the forth day the terrain had grown grassy, nearly flat and far easier to traverse.

Taking up the front of the traveling group was Max on his stallion- Titan. The wind blew against their side, and he was thankful that he had spent the time to braid and knot the horses mane before they left. Had he not, surely he would have been tossing his head in violent protest against the offensive locks. He had decided to chat to those closest to him about a tavern in Redcliffe, "-and there is this old lady there who makes the best pie. During the ordeal with the rebel mages, I spent several nights there. Perhaps we should stop in to Redcliffe, see how things are going?"

It seemed the warm air was doing good for most everyone's spirits, none more than Venora who was halfway to naked- by the standards of Fereldens- on the back of her Hart. (See second outfit). By many others (namely those not of noble etiquette or Ferelden decent) she would have been considered perfectly clothed. Even if she had been exposed, nudity was rather commonplace in the clan, as it was difficult to constantly hide oneself where there were nothing but trees and tents. She was perplexed by the way Max awkwardly coughed and looked away quickly from her direction- being both Ferelden and noble.(In all honesty, she assumed the poor man must have acquired a cold, and had offered to make him a tea. To which she only received more coughing.)

Thankfully she was mainly seated and so her frontal leg covers gave off the appearance of being fully armored. Currently, she was laying down with the back of her head against the neck of the Hart, being well experienced with travel from life in a roaming clan. Learning to sleep while mounted was commonplace. "Blueee~" She sang, clicking for the dog to trot over. "If I was strong enough to lift you, I'd put you up here with me. At least maybe then you could stop driving yourself crazy trying to chase every bug you see."
The Silent Z The Silent Z SilverFlight SilverFlight SerenityAngel SerenityAngel nettie. nettie. Sopranos Sopranos ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Dragons. Not a common-place enemy. Keenan had never fought a dragon directly before. He'd helped drive one off a village when it had gotten to hunting too close to the pastures, but that was a different matter, he'd never been less than a hundred paces from it, and that, was close enough thank you. Now he was voluntarily going to pick a fight with one. Keenan looked about at his company from the back of his humble Forder, clothes in a loose linen shirt and breeches, his armour bound in a pack behind him. the staves far out-weight the swords. He'd noticed this in the council room back at Skyhold.
"I may not know much about fighting dragons...but one thing I can do is take a hit." He'd admitted honestly. "I will be your shield for as long as I am able." He had met the eyes of each mage there, even Numerious, though the man still made him nervous. The Tevinter was part of their party, and so he would be protected as such, to the best of Keenan's ability.
Now as they drew closer to their goal he was seriously wondering how far that ability would go. He'd fought ogres of course and a blow from those felt like being kicked by a horse...but ogres were not dragons. Keenan had gone to the armory beforehand and traded his second sword for a thick tower shield, all the better to protect against fire breathing.
He'd passed the long days of travel teaching Bluebell the names of the men and women who were gradually becoming friends. By the third day he would only need to say 'Blue, where's Evelyn?' or 'go find Serenity' And the dog would bound over to the correct mount and trot beside it faithfully. She knew every name now, and would go to them if asked.

Upon hearing Venora's sing song voice Blue gave a happy whine and loped to her, jumping up and down beside the hart, though careful not to bump it lest it spook. A half-eaten stick was clamped firmly in her jaws and this she juggled between her teeth to offer the most drool-covered end to Venora, a dog's gift of eternal friendship.

The inquisitor's stories entertained Keenan and he made sure to ride within earshot. He liked the sound of pie very much.
"I certainly wouldn't mind sleeping in a bed tonight." Keenan chimed in, "not that I'm complaining about the camping, but comforts are always missed when not had."
In truth he hoped he would be able to acquire his own room. Tent walls were thin, and even so many years later, he was still occasionally plagued by nightmares of Adamant. He knew he'd awoken one night crying out the name of his best friend, and wondered how many here had heard it.

The sound of hooves on the road ahead made Keenan look up. A thick Ferelden man atop a thick Ferelden Forder approached from the opposite direction. There was a package wrapped in leathers bouncing behind the saddle.
"Warden Dunmar?" The man asked as he pulled up beside Keenan's horse.
"Aye. Are you from the Redcliffe smithy?"
"That I am, delivery for you." Keenan's face lit up and he reached for his coin pouch, handing over a small sum which the courier took and turned his horse.
"I can't thank you enough for the rush order." He said goodbye and turned eagerly to the parcel. By then he guessed he would have a few curious glances from the party and opened the top-most wrapped piece. Silver glinted in the sunlight as Keenan withdrew a beautifully-crafted mabari head plate, made to look like the face of a gryphon. His smile widened as he held up the piece for the rest of the group to see. He turned to the inquisitor as he began to inspect the fine work. "I think Blue and I are ready."

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel nettie. nettie. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos

Last edited:
Valerie
4855bf1098e01163d2d4f88dabae5023.jpg
As her eyes fluttered open from the light piercing through the branches she had finally awakened. Valerie had all the time in the world and she planned on spending that with Otis. Her trusted canine friend. ‘’You ready for another adventure boy?’’ While she was fixing her saddle, her dog was still sleeping on his back ‘’Walkies?’’ Then his ears perk and he got up rapidly, panting away already as he was getting too excited.

Then the light rain began pouring from the grey clouds that were conjuring over the sapphire view of the bright sky. ‘’You still got the scent boy?’’ A sudden bark occurs from the mabari, echoing to reply. He had white patches on his chest along with other white splodges going down his back and around his ears and snout and blue painted rings around his eyes. Sniffing with enthusiasm as mud rested on his nose, he picks up speed. The dog was accompanied by a black mount, trotting along with the rider; wearing heavy army with a great sword attached. She had a pretty face but she has proven to have strength, as she one of the last Ash Warriors. Many have not been seen, it was her main goal to find the rest as they were last seen since Ostagar.

The mabari, Otis ears perked, looking left and right sharply as he sniffed the air again. ‘’What is it, boy???’’ He barks and ran off, fast in fact. Past the group which was to be the Inquisitor. ‘’Excuse me, ladies.’’ Implying to all of them as the horse barge through trying to keep up with Otis who was literally on a roll, he began flying down a hill before standing on his feet again, he showed aggression and choose to growl that seem to be nothing there. Valarie believes him though, once she jumps off her horse even took off. She glances back at the group who were venturing near, scanning up and down as to wonder if they could take care of themselves. She did raise her hand to give them a warning something dangerous was near, perhaps a dragon?! No.. Drakes.

Their leader was not far behind though as his monstrous roar echo through the skies as she could see his figure imprecisely through the clouds probably flying back to his nest. She drew her greatsword out ready for a showdown and the mabari was already wrestling with one of them small lizards. ''Good boy.''

OMfaZuAFPZhxMpdojdZ3b6Pl6gDcJm6u_lug1pN7FZedZYzSnUt3N_P3ingkE_tZ12fB0iQoNqif5dy70jazVFZklzcz7sSESOcamTHKiCWWGI0PS_gOcu_zRmYJFVVUlNq2Ie0p

Evelyn Faux
AGbnrcimbyexKIiW1duUptiNmGAi3K5tkS7oSaF_pvlKJ0fznimSAQtf_w_UNM0x47jR9XXSACbz3MEx9MPl-IWEbboHGBesgdgQX0Jk4TctLh-NVWf-JVi9dFLZBR0-CIdf9Kit

So they were to hunt dragons. This came of somewhat of a shock to the young Orlesian. She had heard of the attacks and their breeding activity - which had only been reverified to her through reading the letter sent to the Inquisitor from Frederic. She could remember his boasts of concern when their activity had spiked. Something that he’d forewarned, but of course, not taken seriously as the only dragon to ever truly be a threat in their eyes was the Archdemon.

Frederic was bright, however.

Evelyn had wondered if she was equipped to fight such a foe. Her line of work often was that of humans - working in the shadows, quick fixes if you will, or being up close and personal. The largest being she’d ever fought being a Qunari. That wasn’t to say she couldn’t use her speed and shadow skills to the test; she did always like the idea of a challenge. But it beckoned the question, was this a task really suited for her or had someone else wished to see her fail?

For the next several days, the blonde dwelled on these thoughts. It wouldn’t have been the first time a target had been placed on her back. She kept to herself, having little to no communication with anyone - unless approached first. The library was a wonder. If she could have stayed there for a few more days, why it would have been bliss. The smell, the texture - books had always been her ‘far far away’, ever since she was a small girl.

There was nothing a little bit of knowledge and imagination couldn’t remedy.

Three days had passed since their party left Skyhold. Where she would admit, she missed the warmth and comfort of a bed, it was nothing that she couldn’t endure. Of course, she’d been through far worse. A little bit of air and a nice walk did wonders, as long as she was equipped with the right armor. She wasn’t some maiden in distress after all - unless that be her role to play. It was her least favorite after all.

They would take turns, keeping watch when setting up camp. There was little to no cause for alarm; the wolves would keep their distance and sing to the moon. Bears would pass, curious of the food but ultimately dared not. On occasion, when she thought she was alone, Evelyn would sing to herself as she took notes of the day’s ventures; Calling Bluebell over should she desire the pup’s company.

Mabari were wonderful companions. And if she were being honest, she preferred them over the toy breeds that were pampered in Orlais. She’d much rather prefer a large dog who thought it was a lap dog, over an actual lap dog. Regardless of how much she adored animals alike, she still had preferences. Keenan was lucky to have such a faithful companion. They were frankly hard to come by. As she knew all too well. It was when hearing the Warden’s stifled cry did she realize she he was lucky in more ways than one.

Night had come and gone. Evelyn gathered her armor, and daggers from under her pillow, to travel down to a stream not too far from their campsite. She’s awoken early to get in a quick bath and change her armor. There was a chill in the morning air but quickly began to warm as the sun crept higher and higher. Thankfully, her gear was light so she would not be so easily winded by the heat.

Returning back to camp, she quickly began to prep her Orlesian Couser, Fiona - though not precisely hers. She was borrowing her. Costing Evelyn a pretty penny to do so. She was a beautiful horse. It was a shame to keep her sheltered. Her Chevalier was undeserving of her. Evelyn petted Fiona’s snout, hearing her whinny happily at her touch, “I suppose you and I share some similarities.” the Bard chimed.

Traveling was amusing, to say the least. The clamor among their merry band assured to never have a dull moment. Evelyn strode by the Inquisitor’s right side, listening to him tell his tales of his previous travels through the Hinterlands.A long and tedious course no doubt. The Hinterlands was vast and there was much ground to cover.

Hearing Venora off to the side, Evelyn quirked her brows at how she was postured against her mount. She was a curious one, but endearing nevertheless. A small giggle escaped her lips as she listened to her carry on with Blue, who seemed to give nothing but undivided attention while trying to present a gift and keeping up with her Hart’s pace. The teal-eyed female brought her attention back to Max as he continued to speak;

“Pie sounds marvelous right now.” her accent rolled off of her tongue. It had been some hours since they last ate, and though not admittedly, Evelyn could feel her stomach gnawing at itself. “Redcliffe sounds like a splendid suggestion. Having a bed to sleep in tonight - you know, away from the bugs.” she outwardly shuddered, remembering the creepy crawly she had in her pack a few nights ago. A bard, spymaster, and woman who’d played the game and won many times over - and it would be bugs that made her skin crawl; of all things.

Seeing a person ahead of their trail approaching them, Evelyn became quiet, coming to a complete halt with the rest. Maybe she was being overly cautious - though some would call it paranoid. Perhaps she was. With all that was ongoing with the world, it was difficult times to trust. The thin line that was the fate of Thedas, seemed to rest with them and the Inquisitor once more.

But when Keenan greeted the traveler, she felt her worry disappear. A trade of coin left a mysterious good within the Warden’s hands. Evelyn’s eyes fluttered curiously as she leaned in a bit before squinting her eyes at the shining that was emitted from the cloth. Carefully opening her eyes, wary of its brightness, she peered down to see the Mabari head plate. Her features became awestruck at the beautiful craftsmanship. Her lips ajar;

“That’s exquisite work.” Evelyn turned to look down at Bluebell, “Elegant armor for an elegant lady.” her voice cooed to the canine followed by a soft chuckle. Feeling a droplet upon her brow, Evelyn looked up to see gray clouds quickly moving in; coming to shade them from the evening sun. An evident frown formed on her face as she pulled her mask down to shield herself.

The sound of vicious growling caught her attention next. Looking over her shoulder, she sees a flash of silver and ebony following behind the Mabari hound. Whatever he’d picked up, must have been nasty with the speed the speed that he was going. Evelyn turned her gaze to Max, through her mask;

“If it’s Drakes, that must mean the High Dragon isn’t too far, correct?”

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel nettie. nettie. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos SilverFlight SilverFlight NaturalQueen NaturalQueen

Numerious Agorix

IMG_0287.JPG

A three day journey down snow capped mountains, rocky terrain and across miles of scattered lands and mountain paths, trekking cross snow and patches of ice. Loose and broken ground cracking here and there, leaving behind the comforts Skyhold had to offer for the necessary trek to Fereldan. Not just any part of fereldan either but the famed and vast lands of RedCliffe, the fortress of open fields and defensible positioning, strategically placed to hold back the enemies of fereldan who may try to use the path through the mountains and leading to its path towards Orlais and Orzammar both. It was often said Denerim was the crown jewel of fereldan... No?

If this were indeed the case then Redcliffe was the heart of Fereldan and Its most vital point in the southern realm of Mabari and Kings. But this was only the landmark where our Inquisitor and his unique band of Ambassadors wish to reach, for the lands play unfortunate host to yet another dragon..... A apply named Fereldan frostback. The beast was no doubt a fire breather, no? Shedding what clings to it like a frog snatching away flies, melting the frost covered mountains and cliffs with hot blasts of its fiery breath, tearing through homes with a mere stomp of its massive claws.

Numerious dreaded to think of what these poor villagers withstood and what victims had suffered til their last painful breath. It made for the seemingly long but rather decent travel from Skyhold to Redcliffe tolerable underneath the stars and silvery moon, as the cold nipped at his nose and chilled his ears at brief moments.

All the while his eyes often drew closed and arms folded like a man in thought, even in such moments as riding across the land and through mountain paths, shrugging off the weather and relaxing as comfortably as one can beneath the darkened sky of night. He still managed the sight of his folded and closed rather silent presence amongst them all. Despite his carriage ride to Skyhold from Tevinter, Numerious was more then capable of rising to his horse and setting off without aid, he often did back home as a means to free himself of the burdens his family presented, while troubling the enemies of Numerious and their plans to spy and scheme against.

A grasp of his Green dales Feral reigns and mounting of her saddle, riding off into the sunset or sunrise perhaps even at dusk and moons rise, Numerious truly enjoyed feeling the reigns clutched at his fingertips and tightly held as the wind of posing direction brushed against him, a cool breeze arranging his hair freely and clearing his mind for atleast a time. Just him and his beloved, cherished horse... My Sweet, the mage simply called her and stroked her mane, while patting her neck like a caring master would.

While at nightfall during times such as these and while others set camp for themselves. Numerious took a different move, he secured his horse and set about a tad away from the others, taking sticks of around a foot or two long and lighting them aflame while setting them in a circle in which he sat with crossed leg overlapping one another. While his arms were set upon his knees by the elbow, his Hazel eyes left open for the small candle like flames to flutter and spark, crackle a bit as they danced in his eyes reflection with seeming danceful sway.

The mage kept his fingers held up toward the air and his overall appearance gave off a man in meditation instead of true rest. Though this was true or if the man stayed awake all night or slept with eyes open, one couldn't say 'cept for Numerious himself. It was a method used to deter thieves and sneaks making them wonder if he was truly alert or no. While he rested in a way and sometimes traveled the fade with watchful intent as other precautions were usually made as well and taken.

Whilst during the day he stayed quiet and back from the others, guarding the rear as one might say while keeping to his folded and closed appearing self atop his horse, My Sweet.... Though wolves hadn't bothered, bears kept away and not a single arrow met his back or aimed this way. It was simply quiet and Max spoke of tales to those nearest him as the Tevinter took a quiet approach.

His eyes however closed they seemed would not lack aid from his ears. The sense of sound and scent took place over sight, ears listening for any sound and every noise, his nose kept aware of the various aromas around them even the most unpleasant of encounters they'd pass by along the way to Redcliffe.

It was just too bad that not all scents could be as pleasant and welcoming as flowers... During the whole travel since Tevinter, Numerious had remained ready for anything, dressed in his robes with its sections of leather armor and mail that could be seen along with the common Tevinter pattern of a Dragon. While his staff was always kept close to his back and ready for the taking in the name of action.

All the while Venora sang to Bell and Evelyn too, giving praise and interacting with the playful, gentle like beast of faithful companionship. And Keenan gave moment to a stranger approaching from the nearing distance with a package, Numerious listened with curious intent and slightly opens a single eye just a bit to see, before closing again and riding along with reigns secure in his hands underneath folded arm.

But what drew his eyes open was not the tales Max spoke up ahead to those near or the presence of a carrier for Keenan's package of glorious helm for his Bluebell. But was the sounds of thunderous nature up above, a massive beast with wings and long body, mouth as large as its head just about, flying with roar towards it nest as its children stirred below.

Making haste and giving his horse a slight nudge with his foot, Numerious rushed on ahead to catch up with the others. While taking note of the new face of a stranger and woman clad in armor with a great sword and mabari of her own, as she called out a warning.

Numerious looked toward the sky and where the dragon was last seen before flying out of view, then lowered to the smaller creatures on ground level as the unfamiliar mabari wrestled with a Drake. He stroked his beard slowly and just a bit before breaking his silence carefully thinking over the drakes presence and how far they stretch, "Drakes... The children of our unwanted but targeted host." He spoke closing his eyes briefly in a blinks motion. "Atleast once we are through with these greeters, we can rest assure that tonight we Rest In Peace. I doubt she'd return before tomorrow morning for a nightly wake and horrid feast..... Though don't count me a expert like Frederic only placing a wager, calculated perhaps but a wagered guess still." Numerious added unfolding his arms and taking from his back his black mage staff. Preparing to join the battle and give aid while he was present.

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SerenityAngel SerenityAngel SilverFlight SilverFlight ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Sopranos Sopranos

Venora took the slobber stick as if it was made of gold and dripped with honey...not Mabari spit. " Ma serannas, rogasha dhar mes en'an'sal. Ar dusrasten sulen ar nadas liama." She said fondly, petting the dog the best she could from atop the Hart. (Which really was more just her laid over her mount so she could skim the top of Blue's ear with the tip of her finger.)

" Don't tell me the Grey Warden is soft!" Max quipped, looking over at Keenan with a grin. " I'll admit, I've been cooped up in Skyhold for so long that I truly had forgotten some of the unpleasantries of the road." He didn't regret leaving the fort, or miss it, for even a second. So long he had spent on the road, that being in a tent was like his second home and horseback was every bit as much of a comfort of home as a bed. He expected to hear as much from an Orlesian, but did not say so in fear it might offend her. Truly he had all the respect in the world for the lady, and wished he could have given in to her wish.

The elf was just fine out on the road and camping, more fine than being back at Skyhold. She had only spent one night in her room there so far and yet she did not sleep well, feeling as if she was trapped in by stone. That night she dreamed of being put in a crypt, like humans when they died, only it was not yet her time. It seemed she had only transferred her nightmares to Keenan, but it was good to see him so happy over a delivery and she complimented the armor well. " Hmm, no, no I don't think Blue is ready just yet." Venora mused, looking down at the dog with a wink. There was something the furry warrior was missing.

" Unfortunately is Dusklight Camp for us tonight. It's the site where we housed Inquisition forces throughout the Rift crisis, should be deserted by now but it is a fine spot to set up camp." Max spoke with obvious remorse underlying his optimistic tone. The reason they could not go to Redcliffe was the very reason they had come. The dragon. Of course...then again maybe they could risk it. He'd give anything not to have to listen to Numerious call his mount 'my sweet' again. It gave him the creeps and- no, no camp was better.

As if summoned by their thoughts, the great sound of roaring and a terrible beating of wings was heard off in the distance. Even from this range, it looked a mighty opponent that made everyone shift in their saddles, Venora even bothered to sit up. It was good she did too, as her Hart had jumped a bit in surprise to a warrior galloping by and taking on a Drake. " That's not good, I've lived in Ferelden my whole life and drakes have never been seen so far from a den, they're getting bold." He muttered, chewing on his lip a little in thought.

To Numerious' comment, Venora looked over at the Magister with worry on her face.

" I...guess that's reassuring."

There were not many Drakes, and the battle was over quick and with ease. It was not even necessary for all of the members to fight, those in the back of the group approached as it was ending. Max looked down at the Drakes, studying them for anything unusual. Why were they here?

Soon it came upon him that he should likely pay more heed to the sword-wielding woman.
" Hail warrior! I am Inquisitor Trevelyan, who might you be?"

((Elvhen With Ellie:
Ma serannas, rogasha dhar mes en'an'sal: Thank you, brave dog for this moist gift.
Ar dusrasten sulen an liama: I will cherish it until I inevitably lose it.))
SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z NaturalQueen NaturalQueen Sopranos Sopranos SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki nettie. nettie.

Valarie

The Ash Warrior swung her blade swiftly across the neck of her foes that squirted blood. Once it was over she wasn’t too aware of the ones she came flying by as she was too occupied trying to release her sword from a carcase. ''No boy, that was not them...'' Valarie exhales with displeasure, as her armour was coated in Drake’s plasma. She had the lifeblood sprayed across her face yet she quickly wipes it off before gripping her blade’s handle again.

She was twisting and turning the weapon carefully as she did not want it being stuck in a corpse forever. Valarie then heard the peculiar voice from behind, this made her timing more rapidly as she manages to remove it. ‘’To whom may I be speaking to now? Apostates? Templars?’’ Her tone was well-mannered yet her brows furrow with caution. Her mongrel remains still, with his paws and jaws drip with gore. Growling heavily as waiting patiently for a new command.

Though, once she got her response she dug her blade into the dirt, as her hands rested on the other end. ‘’Inquisitor…. Trevelyan? Well, I am Valarie, last ash warriors known to this moment of time, and this is my trusty companion, Otis. Say hello.’’ The hound quickly finishes his edgy warnings and spoke with a wagging tail. ‘’I’m very sure though I am not the last of my kind. There must be more out there, waiting amongst the seas, or hopefully closer... So, what brings you ladies and gent way out here? Also, if you’re going in that direction I recommend you don’t, a dragon will be waiting for you around the corner.’’

She clearly didn't know too much about the Inquisition, only that somebody was trying to stop the rifts; she did believe for his first name to be rather odd anyway. Then Valarie shuts her eyelids, remaining calm before reopening them as to reveal Smokey orbs replacing her original ones, it did look like ash was raining lighting within. Keeping her nose up high and it only lasted for a quick two seconds, it was then she warn them of the dangers.

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z Sopranos Sopranos Oenanthe Oenanthe SerenityAngel SerenityAngel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki nettie. nettie.

Last edited:
"Soft? Absolutely not." Keenan said with a grin. He'd come to like Inquisitor Trevelyan over the few days he'd actually spent with the man. This was certainly a far cry from glimpsing the warrior at Adamant. Keenan was happy to admit that 'The inquisitor' was not so much legend as much as he was human.
The woman rushing past forced Keenan to side step his mount, nearly dropping Blue's new armour as he did.
"Ho there! Would you like to mind who you're stepping on?..." His voice trailed off as out of the thick forest, hissing dangerously and trampling the underbrush was a drake. "Maker's breath!"
Blue was barking now, rushing forward after the new mabari with every intention of joining the fight. "Hold!" Keenan called to her, and she obeyed, staying at a distance but hurling her canine insults at the large reptilian beast.
Keenan turned his mount and urged it forward to the back of their line. His sword was already in hand, once clear of the other horses he swung down and unbuckled the shield from its holdings on the Forder's flank. His intention was to put himself between the threat and his team.
The woman warrior was making a brave headway into the beasts, for by now there were several. Her mabari hound was pulling his own weight--and of that there was a considerable amount--and as soon as Keenan had moved ten paces the battle was over. He was a little put out that he wasn't needed in the end, but tried his best not to show it.
The woman was certainly sure of herself, he assessed, but the evidence of her ability did lie bleeding at her feet.
"
A berserker," he mumbled, clearly not pleased, "outstanding."
They were formidable to be sure, but they were also unpredictable and uncontrolled, Keenan wasn't sure if he liked this new face, though he could have just been sore about missing the fight.
Bluebell--in true Bluebell fashion-- didn't give two blinks what Keenan felt and trotted up to the woman and the new mabari with a wagging tail and a panting smile. She sniffed the other dog brazenly before bumping her grey head against Valarie's leg.
"You flirt." the warden muttered at his dog, re-tying his shield and sheathing his blade.
He then called to the others, "is everyone all right? No one was hit with a wayward spout of flame? Well, nobody's on fire, so I'm going to guess not."
He then turned to the Ash Warrior. "Keenan Dunmar, Grey Warden." He introduced himself formally, "and the dragon is actually why we're here. If I may ask, what business brings you to the hinterlands?"

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z nettie. nettie. NaturalQueen NaturalQueen SerenityAngel SerenityAngel Sopranos Sopranos ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

From the other side Sandro walked out from behind a tree toward the group of the Inquisitor. He wasn't with them from the beginning but yet he had arrived earlier with the purpose of scouting this region. This idea was by himself all alone to have himself looking at the Hinterland personally for one more time before the Inquisitor, this hadn't been done by any other spymaster before him in the Inquisition. He walked slowly toward the Inquisitor, slowly hailed him and he began to speak.

"- Inquisitor. Following our scout report, you're quite near the Fereldan Frostback. Her territory is in Lady Shayna Valley but she still appears at many other regions nearby to hunt. In my opinion we should keep the fight around her territory so that she cant bring any other destruction into the villages. According to the victims of her previous attacks, her fire breathing is something we should really be careful about. But as I heard some rumor from a few mages who's attacked, their ice spells worked on her, slowed her down for them to escape. We should exploit that."

Took a breath, Sandro continued.

"- That's all the information our scouts could gather. But how we set up information and our way of approach it would depend on you, Inquisitor."

It was until he finished his report to the Inquisitor that he noticed the lady warrior that stood next to him. As he turned his scar beyond his eye toward her, Sandro calmly spoke.

"- We're here for the dragon. If you're one of the victims from the dragon's attacks recently then please return to the nearest villages. You'll be safe there and will be given support of food and medicine by our employers. If not... You don't want to interfere with the Inquisition's business."

He spoke his message toward the newcomer, especially he stressed out the last part as a warning. They cant just meet and talk with someone on the street as they walk. Knowing the Inquisitor Max Trevelyan's tendency of easily putting his trust in people, Sandro timely had to act in reverse. That's not a bad thing and a thing that every leader should have, but sometimes such acts from him could invite spy or assassin that would spoil the organization from the inside. As a spymaster Alessandro's job was to make sure that didn't happen.

Last edited:
SERENITY/TASUKI

x7.png
Three days on the road and Serenity barely spoke but she did have a second shadow and it wasn't even the cute puppy. Its burning red hair and loud personality kept bugging her in hushed tones to try and talk to her and get her to open up to him. For the three days she had ignored him as best as she could and he just would not get the hint that she did not want to talk to him. She would not give him the chance to explain his reasons for lying and abandoning her when he did and the way he did. She adjusted herself a little bit on her white mare, Snow as her rear end was falling asleep. She was not very fond of riding for days at a time as it always left her sore and tired. She was thankful really that she decided to change to her partial armor as the full armor would be too heavy for Snow to bear for days on end and she didn't want to burden her horse more than she needed to. Being and Arcane Warrior afforded her a bit more variety in armor and weapons so she didn't even really bring her staff this time as it was more for decoration now but it held a lot of sentimental value to her and became her secondary weapon rather than her main. However she did wear the cape to keep herself warmer than she would have been so she would not freeze from the snow around them.

jack__commission__by_sakimichan-d8fdlzs.jpg
Serenity was ignoring him the whole time. He tried to talk to her but she would just roll her eyes and walk the other direction. He didn't understand why she was being so cold to him. They were best friends before he had to leave. He rode his black stallion, Drago, with relative ease but he worried that his Templar armor was a bit of a strain on the beast. Drago didn't seem too tired on the fourth day so he let his worry slip away and continued trying to talk to Serenity but she always brushed him off. He sighed and gave up for the day and instead listened to Max's stories about Redcliff. Sometimes he could not help but laugh and ask a few questions here and there. He prefers talking to companions rather than being ignored by them. He'd have to get Serenity alone in order to talk to her and figure out what her problem was but that was later. Right now he was enjoying a good tale. "I'd love to try one! I definitely want to visit Redcliff if we get he chance!" he chimed in rather happily.

Tasuki was about to try again to talk to Serenity but when the woman rushed past them right in between the ice mage and the fiery Templar he quickly jerked back away, not wanting to hit anyone or anything like that. It was quite rude and neither warrior appreciated the rudeness. They were however distracted from that when a quick blast of drake fire was shot at Serenity by one of the drakes but with her quick reflexes she brought her hand up and created a wall of ice to protect herself and her horse, Snow. Tasuki took the opportunity to dismount and rush the drake and slice its neck while it was preoccupied with trying to kill Serenity to eat.

After the battle Tasuki remounted Drago and stared at the new face. The Ash warrior seemed a little impressive but not much as he thought he had seen better. Besides, her attitude didn't sit right with him while Serenity with-held any opinion of her as she did not want to just assume things that may not be true. However she did realize that the skills that Serenity and Tasuki had honed together had not dulled as their timing was perfect as always. She rolled her eyes when she heard Tasuki speak with a smile toward her, "Nice to see that we still work well together." he said and Serenity made Snow head toward the front of the group with Max and Venora. She wanted to get away from the traitor Templar.

Serenity heard Alessandro's report and the bit about ice spells being very effective on the beast made her sigh a bit. She had a feeling she was going to be using a lot of her mana for this battle and be doing a lot of the heavy lifting. She didn't mind using her magic but this was not going to be a pleasant exercise. She half hoped that no one saw her ice magic back there. Nor how quickly Tasuki reacted to working together. She didn't want to be associated with Tasuki anymore than she already has to be.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki SilverFlight SilverFlight Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie.

Adjusting his seating on his horse, Max looked to the sky and let out a grave hum. " I apologize, but I fear we might not have the daylight to chat. It would do no one good to have to set up camp in the dark and provide us with a late start tomorrow morning. Should you wish to help us slay the wyrm, I'm sure an extra blade would do us well." Nodding to the newcomer, he turned the head of his steed and gave a light squeeze to his sides. Titan was well trained and took little more than the nudge before he began a steady pace towards camp. Max was more than happy to welcome more to their team, especially an Ash Warrior. As a young boy he had grown up hearing tales of them, formidable allies and opponents alike. He wished he had more time to spare for the greeting.

Instead, she would just have to find her footing amongst them while on the move. The last thing he wanted was to either be ambushed by the dragon, or get caught out at nights and be exposed to all sorts of dangers. No, the canyon would provide them a defensible shelter where they might sleep.

So he pushed the group forward, Alessandro might not have been happy about his decision, but they didn't have the time or opportunity to be picky at the moment. Still, he appreciated the man's demeanor. Just having someone aboard to stare down a new comer could go a long way, it showed they were friendly but not fools. He appreciated the mans wisdom and showed it in a simple nod.

Venora watched the scene go down from atop her heart who danced anxiously in his spot. The both of them had practically been asleep as they had been at a walk for so long. When they finally got to go he let out a piercing whistle that nearly echoed through the valley and caused its rider to crunch her face.

"
Irosylis." She groaned, swatting him on his honey colored neck in a gentle manner that barely even moved his mane. Harts were beautiful, magestic creatures who's ghostly calls echoed through ancient valleys and sliced fog. Or most of them. Irosylis, on the other hand, was a giant toddler. Noisy, and if not for the long journey, he would have wanted to run everywhere tossing his great horns about. But both of them were ready for camp.

They arrived not but thirty minutes later and with plenty of sun to unpack and make introductions to their new guest.

p3yYe_.gif

For those who did not go to bed as early, they gathered around a fire to begin winding down for the night. Here everyone could break formation and do their own thing. Max was working on whittling a little carving he kept hidden in the palm of his hand; whereas, Venora was working diligently with a bowl of flowers and clay.
The Silent Z The Silent Z SerenityAngel SerenityAngel SilverFlight SilverFlight Sopranos Sopranos nettie. nettie. NaturalQueen NaturalQueen

Valarie
Her own dog growl, jealously hitting the roof when the other Mabari nudges his head against her leg. She glances down not very amused. ''Another Mabari, how surprising.'' She then whistled for her own horse, it took only a few seconds for him to galloped back to her side, seeking attention as he rocks his head back and forth. ''Silly Domino. You are frightened too easily.'' Her horse had funny white dots over his black coat. Very timid but she knew at least he wouldn't get hurt as she knew other would join in the fight.

''I'm travelling back to Haven. It uses to be my hometown a long time ago but word had crossed their trouble nearby so I'm returning to give my assistance. However, I am lost in the Hinterlands.'' Once she heard the Inquisitor request after she explains. She spoke again. ''You want an Ash Warrior fighting alongside you?'' She then crossed her arms. ''I tell you what, if you defeat this dragon I will join you on your quest. I’m going to be heading for Redcliff, first round on me if you all survive. I look forward to seeing you there.''

Valarie then walk to her horse’s side to get her foot into the footrest, she hurdles on and glances at his entire team before she exits with a simple ‘’Farewell, may your journey be safe.’’ She then rides into the sun with her dog running behind. It has taken a while but after ten minutes of horse riding, she finally witnesses Redcliff. She climbs off Domino and steps through the gates, It was peaceful as she entered surprisingly. She strutted proudly into the Inn and took a sat at the counter. Putting a bowl of water down for her dog before getting comfy.

SilverFlight SilverFlight The Silent Z The Silent Z Sopranos Sopranos Oenanthe Oenanthe @serenity angel ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki nettie. nettie.

Keenan looked after the woman as she vanished.
"Well, that's that then. She's certainly not the friendliest sort is she?"

Once they had settled and made camp Keenan offered to tend any horses the riders did not want to groom themselves. The work sent him back to more peaceful times on his mother's farm and that thought soothed the nerves building in anticipation of their fight in the morning. He spoke gently to the beasts as he brushed out their coats and checked their shoes for stones caught between iron and hoof.
Once his work was done he cleaned his hands and fed himself from the rations they carried. Taking a few pieces of dried meat to Blue, who had fallen asleep by Venora as she worked.
After the dog ate--which took about one solid minute--Keenan got up with a friendly smile to the elven maid before turning to look for Numerious.
He'd watched the mage in his nightly routine and was plagued by unease, but more than that: curiosity.
He feared magic to be sure, but the fear frustrated him. He reasoned that if he understood more about it perhaps some of the fear would start to subside. It was worth a try, so he approached the one in their party that made him the most anxious.
"Numerious." He spoke the name audibly, but gently. "That...thing you do each night...with the torches. You're visiting the Fade aren't you." It wasn't a question, more like a statement to be confirmed or denied.
Keenan paused, thinking of how to phrase the new thoughts. "How can you go there? I mean, you must know the horrors that hide in that place. Why aren't you afraid?"
He wondered if he sounded ignorant or childish to the tevinter, and he wondered if the mage knew what had transpired in the Western Approach, why Keenan feared magic so, or if he cared.

Oenanthe Oenanthe The Silent Z The Silent Z

It was a long journey from Skyhold, horses and mounts alike were likely growing tired of the travel across different terrains. While the riders couldn't have been that comfortable either. A nights rest at camp before the great battle tomorrow would prove useful and beneficial for re energizing as a group. Meanwhile the others spoke a bit here and there while the woman, the Ash warrior said her peace and was off without much else to say, other then she'd join them one day perhaps if they defeat the dragon and survive the day. She didn't seem to like or be amused by Bells kindness and friendly nature, perhaps her mabari was the reason why? Were fereldans and ash warriors only liking of their own hounds? It was a question that came to him in thought upon witnessing the unamused expression the warrior gave.

However she was rising off toward Redcliff now and it wasn't all that important enough to ask. They'd be setting up camp soon and resting for the night, he'd need all his energy preserved and kept high for tomorrow and once more would need a comfortable rest to ease his aching hind.

As the Tevinter mage began preparing his nightly routine whilst out on the road, Numerious gave pause to another voice. The grey warden was approaching? Hmm.. this was a interesting development. After their first encounter the pair had hardly spoken if at all and now the very soul approached him and gently but audibly spoke his name before going onto what the mage had been doing lately. To which Numerious raised his brow upon hearing a name called, turning toward the man with fair but kind enough expression listening to his statement like question though it wasn't sounding like one.
"Yes. I've been visiting the fade... Why?" He first began to reply though his why was soon answered without needed asking. It was becoming clear why the man disliked or distrusted or perhaps both of this Tevinter mage. Why he seemed to fear the fade. It was fear was it not? He after all did ask why the mage would go there and why wasn't he afraid.... wouldn't that in turn mean the warden himself feared it? Hmm..... The inquisition dealt with the fade rather famously since the great rise of Corypheous. Though few truly found it great and Numerious surely hadn't found the creature and his rise great in any form. Other then terrible and troubling.

But looking to Keenan and coming to realize the mans likely problems with Numerious and Tevinter, the fade and what combined to create a unease around him and either of the three. Least he gathered and assumed so. How could he have missed it? Meanwhile he softly shook his head to snap out of the question in his head and nodded to the man, preparing to respond with greater detail and aiming to share an understanding of why he enters the fade and does not fear, while giving glimpse into the man he is for the purpose of alliance atleast, if not more. They may have gotten off to the wrong foot, but the warden has shown fairness when it came to mutual foe and the good of the group. While offering a kindness for all with the caring for the mounts.

"I do know and I cannot afford to fear. It provides a foothold for demons to enter, provides them with purpose, power over you and strength none of their kind should have. It's like blood dripping from your nose in shark infested waters...." Numerious started to speak in response and answering of Keenan's questions. "A simple thing, common and sometimes uncontrolled.... But can lead to your doom. Mages have most to fear from demons as we are constant prey, yet we must not fear or those who do suffer from it and have their name tarnished forever. I enter however.... Because fereldan isn't common trips for me. You need travel and new experiences to learn from the fade and visit new places. I'm merely taking advantage of such opportunity so I may learn more about history and other matters. If anything... perhaps I'll turn up something useful." The mage continued before giving pause, realizing that perhaps now would be the best time to clear the air between them and what likely brought some unease and distrust to start. "I wager.... You've been placing me and the foolish bastard from the western approach mess and tragedy, in the same boat? Oh yes. I'm aware of what happened there. A sad tale. However not all Tevinter mages and countrymen and women feel the same as he or others whom give us bad reputation. Just as I gather those treacherous and responsible for terrible things, do not speak for all grey wardens and other nations and people. Merely a black eye on a proud name." He went on with a question to settle matters between them before their first battle as a team. Being rather blunt but gentle as one could when discussing such matters. "I would like to offer an apology though I'm not responsible. Corypheous and that foolish glory seeker are power mad blights upon Tevinters name. Many unfortunate truths about my people arose again during their rise, However they do not speak for me or all of Tevinter. I hope this aids in the understanding of why i enter the fade and do not fear, while ensuring I've no involvement or intention with Adamant or it's repeating of history."

Oenanthe Oenanthe nettie. nettie. SilverFlight SilverFlight

Keenan didn't hide his surprise at the first words given by the mage. The idea of not being able to afford fear was foreign to him, the idea of being in complete control of it was even more strange. Though listening to Numerious' explanation it gave him a solid reminder of what it was like to be a mage. They were the ones under constant threat of possession, becoming abominations. If anything they had more to fear than he did, and yet Numerious faced that time and again to pursue what he thought was important. The surprise in Keenan's eyes turned slowly to admiration.
He couldn't help feel a little embarrassed when the tevinter managed to pinpoint exactly why Keenan had been so eager to avoid him.
Hearing someone else say it out loud made it sound almost silly. He slowly began to realize just how much he had let his past colour his perception of the present. Keenan still had several issues with tevinter, and the general practices of the people, but he wasn't about to pick apart every blemish on the tevinter name here and now, nor was he about to pin any of it onto Numerious after the man had made such a poignant argument against general assumptions. What was important was that Keenan now felt that whoever Numerious was, he was far from the evil that had plagued him. He could be content knowing that.
Then the mage went above and beyond all of Keenan's expectations: He apologized. At first Keenan was about to stop him. Assure him he had no need to, but as he listened he began to realize that the simple expression of regret for the events at Adamant was what he needed to hear. It was like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. One that had been there for so long he'd forgotten it was holding him down.

When Numerious had finished, he let the silence hang in the air between them for a moment before he spoke:
"Thank you." And he meant it truly. "I'm actually the one who should be apologizing. I was so involved with what tevinter represented to me, I never actually tried to see past it when I looked at you. I think that's different now, and...I'd like to thank you for something else too: You didn't judge me based on the decisions made by the wardens as a whole. I think that makes you the better man of the two of us."
He took a deep breath of the fresh, wild air, noting how it suddenly tasted sweeter than it had before.
"Well, I still don't really understand why you go to that awful place." His tone was much lighter now, almost playful. "But I think I can appreciate why it's important to you." He paused and became slightly more serious, "You will have my best tomorrow. I will do everything within my power to keep you safe."
He turned to go, leaving Numerious to his nightly routine, but not before calling back: "Good night, Fadetamer."

Keenan returned to the fire feeling very much better than he did before. He almost couldn't believe it had taken him three days to gather up the courage to speak to the man. He chastised himself for being ridiculous before laying down on his bed roll by the fire. The night was clear and the stars were out in full-force, he could do without a tent this evening. Blue glanced up at him from her place by Venora's side before yawning and rolling onto her back. Keenan watched her with a smile and, for the first time in what seemed like an age, he felt a little less afraid.

The Silent Z The Silent Z Oenanthe Oenanthe

It seemed Venora had stopped her pounding inside the little bowl with a blunt stick. Instead, the stick and other scraps had been discarded, and she was now getting settled on top of the bedroll. She seemed to be working on the grey Mabari's fur, but when it saw its master she immedeatly gave a pleasant roll onto her back so that she might present him with her belly. " Blue no! Come on you big grub roll over." Pushing on the dogs thick shoulder she attempted to flip her over on her own before desperately looking over to the Grey Warden.

" Keenan! Help me out here, I can't get Blue to sit still for anything.I think she likes me, but she sure doesn't listen to me yet!"

As soon as the dog was flipped, she resumed her work immediately. She wasn't wasting a second, for at any moment the dog could take off or try lay down again. Blue had already almost dumped over the bowl once. Once on her back it was easier to see what she had been working on. Venora had made a crude form of war paint and was covering the dog in an adapted version of a vallaslin.

" It is the vallaslin of Andruil." She explained, " The Goddess of Hunt. In Dalish clans, every warrior of age is given a very painful tattoo known as vallaslin. It is a symbol of honor, pride, ability, and maturity. I wear the vallaslin of Sylaise, as I am a healer. You for example might wear June, the craftsman. Anyway, I'm rambling. I hope you don't mind me painting Blue. A warrior shouldn't be without."
SilverFlight SilverFlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back