• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

PinkSodaPopRemix

She/They/He
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! This is the main role-play forum for draconic academy! The role-play starts the day before classes.

Zdena Smirnoff
[Wearing black jeans and a five finger death punch band shit with black tennis shoes]
"Oh my god, is that the fire demon?!"
"I heard she's blackmailing Headmaster Rossi to stay in."
"No way, that makes total sense! I actually heard that they fought and the fire demon won!"
"Are you serious?"
"So Scary!"
The rumors surrounding Zdena spread far and wide through the school. It was already the first day, and everyone was avoiding her. Nothing changed. She just held her head up high and marched forward. She wouldn't let anyone scare her away. She was going to be the number one hero, after all. She couldn't let a few rumors scare her away. People automatically cleared the way in which she walked. She was used to it, so she went along with it. However, it ended up in her bumping into some boy.
A bunch of gasps erupted throughout the crowd as she walked face first into his torso. Many of the other students took out their cameras and began recording just in case. She retracted, walking back a few steps and took a good look at him. He was 6'2, which slightly pissed her off. She wanted to be taller-- around 7 feet. That way no one could look down on her physically. Her ice cold eyes looked at him. "Who are you, I've never seen you around before."
And the crowd went wild with tension and fear. Everyone was terrified that she was going to kill him. Heck, some of the crowd thought she was going to kill his entire family, or blackmail him. That wasn't the case at all. He was just the only one who happened to not move out of the way.

[wearing casual t-shirt and jeans]
Nothing could stop Quincy today, he was on top of the world. He had made it in to the first ever year of the Draconic Academy! He knew he could do it, all those people who told him he wasn't good enough, he just proved them all wrong and now he's walking through the halls on the first day! He was so excited to meet fellow top students like him. As he was walking he started to hear faint whispers of students, they were talking about some kind of fire demon? Maybe it was a new villain who just made the news. Quincy was too busy trying to make out what the students were saying that he didn't even notice the person walking right towards him.
Quincy stumbled back, suprised that they didn't see him walking considering he was a fair bit taller than them. They seemed mad at him for some reason, their eyes seemed to be piercing him and she looked emotionless as she asked him who he was.
"Oh, I'm Quincy, Quincy Hills! And you are?' Quincy responded, trying to lighen the mood. He glanced around and saw that a crowd was forming up, they all seemed to be tense and looked scared for some reason. Was it because of this person he wondered? All of the commotion was starting to make him nervous, he didn't want to get a bad reputation on the first day.

Zdena Smirnoff

Zdena recognized that he wasn't afraid of them. That was strange. However, it was nice. There were only two other people like that. They were named Arcana and Koda. And now, there was one more to add to the mix; Quincy. "The name is Zdena Smirnoff. And I am going to be the number one hero," they proclaimed as if fact.
They were very confident in their statement. And all of the students around them seemed to get confused.
"Wait.. the fire demon? the number one hero...?"
"Does anyone have a problem with that?!" They demanded as they looked straight towards the person who spoke in the crowd. Almost immediately, the crowd dispersed, frightened of having their faces known to the fire demon. They seemed to all scurry away once she acknowledged them. However the murmuring did not stop. It only got worse after they were farther away.

"Nice to meet you Zdena! But, unfortunately the #1 hero role is mine." Quincy couldn't believe this, he already found some competition, This was great! He now had a goal to work towards. Be better than this person. But that didn't mean they had to be enemies.
The crowd seemed to be getting more agitated and confused and he even heard someone say "Wait.. the fire demon? the number one hero...?" Who were these people, saying this person was a 'fire demon'? Zdena heard it too but instead of denying it, they just seemed to accept it but succeeded in scaring away the crowd. They must have quite the reputation. "Who were those people? Why did they call you 'the fire demon'? Did you do something?"

Koda Strand (also Jasper Koontz)
"Drawing a crowd before classes even start, eh, Z?"

Koda emerged from the dwindling crowd, hands tucked deep in an over-sized jacket despite the warm weather. He grinned down at Zdena as he reached the pair, before giving Quincy a once over. He ended up being the one to answer Quincy's questions, slinging an arm over Zdena's shoulders as he talked.

"You can ignore the idiot talk about demons," Koda laughed. "People like to make up stories, and then before you know it they've made someone out to be the school boogeyman. I've known Zdena since we were kids, it's all just talk. Well, maybe not all. They will kick your ass if you give them reason."

Koda paused, watching Quincy closely. He was looking with an open friendliness, but he was studying the other man for any signs of a poor attitude. He had little patience for those who bought into rumors and chased after gossip.

Jasper peaked out from over Koda's head, loosely grasping Prince Baby's leash. He didn't say anything, simply glanced silently from Quincy to Koda to Zdena.

Zdena Smirnoff
Zdena's head snapped over to the familiar voice. Their resting murder face dropped. Before they could do anything, Koda, wrapped his arm around Zdena and proceeded to answer for them. Zdena didn't mind at all. After all, they trusted Koda. He was pretty cool. They were actually best friends and have been for quite a while.
"That is all true. However, you are mistaken. I will become the number one hero. You can be number two if you want," they replied with determination in their voice. Their resting murder came back when they began talking about how they would become the number one hero. It was actually their determined face, but it sure didn't look like it. This Quincy person were the first person to ever remotely challenge them in years. Most of the people who did, backed off two years ago after she knocked their asses so hard they went to the hospital.

Quincy was a bit startled by his sudden appearence but he seemed nice. Zdena must have known him before they went here. "Ah, that tracks, people can be mean. Oh I'm Quincy by the way, Quincy Hills, I don't believe we met!"
As Zdena spoke, Quincy turned back and his friendly demeanor slightly faded to a more determined look. "Ha, that's funny. You think you will beat me to the number one spot? I don't think so." Quincy expected some people to challenge him, but he didn't expect it to be the first person he met here. Trying to intimidate her he held out his hand and a small ball of fire appeared above it. He tried his best not to smile as usually his fire in more out of control than that. He tried to sputter out a cool superhero one-liner like he saw in movies but it ends up more of a garbled mess "If you uhh, if you want to fire. No, mess with me! you, uhh, you mess with fire as well!" Immediately after he spoke he felt super embarrassed, he probably ruined his one shot at a good reputation in the school now.

Koda Strand (also Jasper Koontz)

Koda burst into laughter at that line, the kind of laugh that was uncontrolled mirth with no malice behind it.

"Ah- Sorry!" He did his bestt to get his laughter under control, stepping forward to give Quincy a solid slap on the back. "That was rude! I just wasn't prepared! So you're a hotshot, just like our dear Z! That's fantastic!"

"Isn't there a thing about using fire to put out fire?" Jasper mumbled softly, fiddling with the hem of his shirt and staring down at his greyhound, who sat patiently at his side. "I think it's deprives the fires of oxygen? Is that right... Where am I remembering this from...?"

Koda glanced over, possibly the only one who heard the soft mumbling given Jasper was barely speaking above a whisper. "Is that a really a thing? Might need to keep an eye on you two then, make sure you don't go burning each other out. Oh, right! Forgot to give introductions, even after you went and told us your name! I'm Koda, this is Jasper and his therapy dog, Prince Baby. No petting the greyhound, he doesn't like being touched by most people. You can pet me though, if you want."

Koda added the last comment with a big grin, as he gestured to the pointed ears on his head among the thick fluff of his hair.

Zdena Smirnoff
Zdena was shocked. Did this guy have the same ability she had? That’s a really rare chance! However, the moment was ruined as soon as he opened his mouth. Zdena had the look of “really…?” written all over her face. He was obviously not good with words. But that’s okay. Neither was she after all. She just didn’t try to show off. She watched Koda get a kick out of what Quincy said. She didn’t get what was so funny, but just watched the scene play out.
She turned to Jasper when he spoke and turned back so he wouldn’t feel to stressed about too many eyes on him. “Ah! That’s right! Fighting fire with fire is the phrase I believe. Quite literally I guess.” They opened their hand to reveal a flame, burning much bugger and brighter than Quincy’s. They made sure to keep it away from the others so that it didn’t harm them. She turned to Quincy and smiled slightly with amusement. “Looks like you have the same powers as the future number one hero,” she congratulated.
Zdena narrowed their eyes at Koda’s comment. “I don’t think you realize how creepy that sounds,” they commented about their petting reply. Others never seemed to mind, but to Zdena, it just sounded plain weird and creepy.

Quincy had lost a lot of his confidence he had going into the conversation, and in fact was trying to think of excuses to leave because of his embarrassment. "Haha... yeah... Hotshot..." He quickly put out his fire.
He was interested in Zdena though, they both had the same power, and they both wanted the #1 hero. That was a rare occurence. Trying to get back in his groove, Quincy said a little awkwardly, "Ha, just keep dreaming" He was starting to have some doubts but there was no way they were better than him, he was able to pass all the tests and get in!
Quincy had no idea how to even start responding to Koda's comment, all he managed to get out was "Oh, cool." "Damnit Quincy, why do you have to be so damn awkward." Quincy quietly mumbled to himself.

"What, like you don't want to pet me when I'm in my dog form?" Koda grinned at Zdena, before looking back at Quincy. "I'm a shapeshifter, specifically I can shapeshift into the keeshond breed of dog. Still have trouble keeping a fully human form though. It's taken me a decade to stop having a tail at all times."

He laughed again, a loud, carefree sound. "This is your first year, yeah? Is it your first year at this kinda school entirely, or did you go to Black Dahlia before this?"

The question was asked with no hint of judgment, just curiosity.

“No, I don’t. Besides, I’ve seen cuter dogs,” Zdena lied with a small pout The memories of Koda going everywhere with a tail was quite hilarious to remember. They could remember every single time he got decided and smacked someone with their tail. It was humorous to watch.
Zdena turned towards Quincy, sensing that he was nervous. They felt bad, especially since they didn’t want to scare off anyone else. They tried to think of something to say, and then realized they were probably upset because of stumbling over their words. “Oh, and don’t worry. I’m not good with words either. In battles, I just ignore the other person and respond with fighting. It’s easier that way. Then, they can’t catch me off guard. Instead, I usually catch them off guard.”

"Ah, that makes sense." Quincy nodded at Koda. "Yeah, it's my first year in this type of school. Is it that obvious?" He sighed dejectedly, there goes his cover and his chance at a new start. Though maybe he still had a chance since Koda didn't sound like he was asking for malicious intent.
Turning to Zdena he said "Oh, that's smart. I'll have to try that!" Quincy was trying to raise the mood and distract everyone from his failure a moment ago, there's no way he could tell people that he actually didn't like fighting and tried to settle most disputes with as little violence as possible. They don't need to know and it would only make him seem worse at being a hero.

"I just didn't recognize you is all," Koda shrugged. "I attended Excalibur my whole life so I figured your either completely be or from Black Dahlia. It'd be weird if I didn't remember such a nice face."

"I'm bad with words too," Jasper offered, raising his voice just enough to be clearly heard. "I'd probably bite my tongue if I said an action line while trying to fight. I wouldn't be fighting though... I really don't like it."

Koda grinned proudly at Jasper for joining in, ruffling his shaggy curls. "Eh, being a hero is about more than fighting anyway. The best heroes don't have to fight, right?"

"I'm not gonna be a hero, but yeah, you're right. If all you rely on is force, you're not very heroic."

Zdena nodded in agreement with Koda. “You’re right. But you’ve also got to keep in mind that you need to know how to fight. Diplomacy can’t solve everything. And neither can defense. Sometimes, you have no choice but to fight. As much as I wish it wasn’t the case, some people just don’t care about others and never will. And those people need someone to defend them, whether they are good or bad people. At the very least, a hero has to defend themselves and others. If diplomacy could solve everything, it’d already be solved after all,” they stated. Yes, they were strong and hotheaded. They were also eager to fight, but they were very wise. “That’s why most of the courses around here are fighting based, after all. But there is also a diplomacy test. It’s the only one I failed, though,” they stated that last part more quietly with a pout. They weren’t proud of it. They just were absolutely terrible with words and comforting people. Sure, they can listen, but they’re such a realist, that it’s almost impossible to reassure someone unless they are very sure. This clearly showed on the exam. Luckily, they passed everything else with flying colors, so they still got a full scholarship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back