• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings doubling !! (original & fandom)

Yokai

dream eater

Welcome to Yokai’s search thread.

Hello there. It's been a long time since I rejoined the world of RP but I am back again looking for an RP partner that would be interested in some of the provided plots below. I'm only looking to pick up two partners at the moment as life tends to get pretty hectic. In terms of literacy, I average between 2-5 paragraphs per character, though that varies depending on my partner’s preference and how inspired I am by the roleplay. I could be interested in shorter, 2-5 sentence, replies if we could organise time slots where we were both online to shoot off rapid responses. But I'm a bit nervous about sacrificing quality for quantity.

Anyway, in an attempt to keep this relatively short and sweet, here is what I am looking for right now:
  • [Romance] I'm comfortable with FxF, MxF, FxF, or any non-binary shenanigans.
  • [18+] Please, be over the age of eighteen. This goes for your characters too. I am 24 years old and my characters will reflect that with most being 20+ at least.
  • [2+ paragraphs per character] This could be negotiated if you can provide proof of quality writing. Again, I get a little antsy about the whole quality vs quantity argument but I'd be happy to try my hand at shorter, faster paced responses for the right partner.
  • [Character sheets] Not a huge fan of character sheets anymore but will provide a face claim, physical description, general vibe check if needed.
  • [Communication] Brainstorming ideas and gushing over our characters honestly just sounds like a good time. Aside from that, communication isn't too important if that's intimidating for you.
  • [Doubling] I will admit I'm more interested in playing female roles, so doubling is warmly welcomed. That said, I have a few male characters I'm itching to play.
  • [Offer ideas] I am looking for a partner who contributes to the roleplay, even if the prompt we’ve chosen was an original one of mine. Please, do not be afraid to offer ideas and share your thoughts as I don't want to carry the plot by myself.
  • [No smut] Actually looking to abide by the site rules? An absolute shocker.
Now, if everything above agrees with you, please read through the original and fandom plots below. If nothing catches your eye in those sections then I have also provided a word bank that we could pick and create our own roleplay from. Please, choose a minimum of three words if this is the case.

i.
Word Bank.
Nothing captured your interest but you’d still like to roleplay with me? Please, choose some of your favourites below and we’ll create something new together.
** Italicised are themes that I am currently craving.

Soulmates || Obsessive Love || Love Triangles || Reverse Harems || Pirates || Historical || Regency Era || Pride & Prejudice / Little Women || Fantasy || Runes & Magic || Royalty || Dragons || Modern || Medieval || Dragon Riders || Slow Burn || High Fantasy || D&D || University Setting || Slice of Life || Clichés || Supernatural Creature Hunters || Mages || Witches || Werewolves || Vampires || Mermaids/Sirens || Mafia || Underground Fighting || Rebellions || Warzones || Epic Quests || Criminals || Serial Killers || Mysteries || Horror || Historical Japan || Samurai || Otome Game Mechanics || Shojo || Zombie Apocalypse || General Apocalyptic Scenarios || Omegaverse || X-Men / Mutants.

ii.

Fandoms.
** Bolded are characters that I would like you to take.
** Italicised are characters or roles that I would like to take.
What I am craving will have a ‘☆☆☆☆☆’ rating beside it, the lower the rating the less I'm feeling it.

Harry Potter. [★★★★☆]
I am currently only interested in doing a completely OC setting for this fandom or I could be convinced into a Marauders!Era RP with you as Ben Barnes!Sirius Black and myself as your preferred love interest.
↳ This fandom has a lot of characters that I would be willing to play, just give me some options and I will choose. Particularly interested in Hufflepuff x Slytherin and Slytherin x Gryffindor OC pairings.

Lord of the Rings. [★☆☆☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Legolas. However, I am much more interested in doing a completely OC setting for this fandom.
↳ I can play Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, Arwen, Eomer, Eowyn, Frodo, Samwise, Pippin, or Merry.

The Hobbit. [★☆☆☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Kili or Legolas. Again, however, I am much more interested in doing a completely OC setting for this fandom.
↳ I can play any of the members of Thorin’s company, Thranduil, Tauriel, and Bard.

Twilight. [★★★★★]
I am only interested in doing a completely OC setting for this fandom. I'd love to do an imprint/soulmate roleplay, specifically focusing on the werewolf aspect as Human x Werewolf is a favourite pairing of mine.

BTS. [★★★★★]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Taehyung, Jungkook, Yoongi. Currently only interested in doing a completely AU setting for this fandom, using the boys as character archetypes.
↳ I can play any of the other members for you, my particular favourites to play being Yoongi, Namjoon, Seokjin, and Jungkook. But I'm happy to try my hand at the other three too.

Jujutsu Kaisen. [★☆☆☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Gojo, Nanami, or Megumi. I am much more interested in doing a completely OC setting for this fandom, however.
↳ I can play any of the other characters for you.

Teen Wolf. [★★★☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Derek or Stiles. Primarily interested in doing something AU or completely OC that draws on the lore from the show.

MHA/BNHA. [★★★☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Bakugo. Currently only interested in doing an AU setting where the class of 1A have graduated to be Pro-Heroes or something similar.

Naruto. [★★★☆☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Sasuke. Currently only interested in doing a University!AU setting for this fandom.
↳ I can play the majority of the well-known characters within the Narutoverse for you.

Haikyuu!! [★★★★☆]
For Canon x OC I am currently looking for: Kageyama, Oikawa, or the Miya Twins. I've been very interested in slice of life/shojo manga recently, so I'd love it if we could create a plot with the Haikyuu!! cast.
↳ I can play any of the Haikyuu!! characters for you in return, I'm particularly comfortable with Karasuno characters.

iii.
Original Doubling Plots.
**Italicised is the muse that I would like to play.
What I am craving will have a ‘☆☆☆☆☆’ rating beside it, the lower the rating the more convincing I will need.

There are no solid plot prompts at this time! I am very interested in playing mysterious twins (male and female) who move to a town with a big secret (werewolves) but I'm still ironing out the details. As you can see it's super bare bones at the moment and pretty cliché. Other than that, this section is currently under construction as I'm primarily interested in fandoms right now or creating plots from the word bank. However, I'd love to hear any original doubling plots that you may have. I am always open to hearing the ideas of others and often welcome the change of pace.

v.

Writing Samples.
Just going to put this here so it's easier for everyone to access, also I'm terrible at keeping track of these things.

In retrospect, it had been a simple mistake on Hikaru’s part. Normally, the commanding officer was aware of the weapons that their team was carrying as they were distributed via the armoury with a carefully maintained ledger in tow. However, Misuk had been on numerous supply runs prior to this particular mission and she had never carried a gun, usually opting to let others do the dirty work for her. Therefore, Hikaru had no real reason to suspect that she was carrying one.

When they had dropped by the armoury that morning, as standard procedure dictated, the distributor had offered her a simple hand-gun with a sound suppressor and extra ammunition. This was usually the moment where she politely declined the weapon and negated her role as a soldier. Instead, Misuk decided to take the chance. It was a three-man squad on a supply run into an unknown, and unsecured, territory. And while she had finally learned to trust Miso, she did not trust Hikaru. Gun secured behind her back, tucked into the black leather belt of her trousers with the tail of her bomber jacket covering the weapon, they departed for the Outer-West Quadrant of Seoul.

Naturally, the first time that Misuk had ever taken a gun with her on a mission was the first time that she killed someone.

Aka had informed them of a medical facility that was relatively untouched due to the horde that taken up residence and populated the ground level. A subsequent small stealth team had been created, one that consisted of herself, Hikaru, and Miso; another medical officer with a good track record for supply runs. It was supposed to be straight-forward. Get inside, identify the necessary medicines, and bring them back to Akayo. The small-scale, malnourished group of survivors that they stumbled upon were not part of the plan.

Clearly they had been inside the facility for months -- possibly since the initial outbreak -- and they appeared to be doing a piss-poor job of surviving. They were utterly defenceless. Then, when Hikaru had told them to kill them, to massacre the lot, both herself and Miso had refused to murder innocents. Hikaru had turned his weapon onto Miso and that was when things got ugly. That was when he made his mistake. Because Miso was a much better person than she was and Misuk was carrying a gun.

Later on, Misuk would claim that she had acted on instinct, to protect and defend. But she knew that that was not being completely truthful. It took calculation to remove herself from his line of vision; to retrieve the concealed weapon from behind her back; to fit the suppressor onto the nozzle; and to load the bullets into the chamber. When Hikaru’s thumb flicked off the safety on his own gun and his finger touched the trigger, that was when Misuk acted on instinct. All it took was the squeeze of her fingers and a bullet had shredded itself through his skull.

There was nothing else to do but run.

The survivors in the facility ultimately went their separate ways, divvying out the medicine and supplies amongst themselves, some offering her and Miso safe harbour from the oncoming storm -- grateful that they had spared their lives at the cost of one of their own. But they could not stay. Hikaru was Aka’s closest general, his little brother and best friend -- the bloodied right hand of Seoul’s Red City -- they would not escape persecution if they stayed with them. No, they would be better off alone.

And so, they ran. Taking off like thieves into the night, sticking to the shadows as they lurked through back alleyways and avoided both the living and undead alike. The apartment they inevitably found was abandoned when they got there, it even had a perfect vantage point of the city streets below. They thought it would be safe, just for the few nights that they needed to take to heal and reassess. They were wrong.

--

Warm tangerine light poured in through the open apartment windows, spilling between white battered blinds and out across the dark floorboards, forming vague rectangles of sliced horizontal light on the floor. Outside an early July sun sat fat and heavy in endless blue skies as it sunk below the blackened cityscape; the textbook image of a heat wave in Seoul. Misuk always imagined that it’d be raining the day she first killed someone. Instead she watched the sunset from a penthouse apartment with a perfect view in perfect weather.

Sour bile threatened to surge up her throat before she forced it back down, choking on her own breath as she hunched forward over her knees. She had thrown up the contents of her stomach hours ago, Hikaru’s too-red blood still splattered across the black leather of her hard-toed boots. It was dried up and flaking off now. Molten whiskey eyes focused on that instead, forcing herself to breathe through the nausea as she attempted to rationalise her particularly violent response. Killing people was just another aspect of life these days and she had even been forced to kill some of the undead before she’d been accepted into Akayo. And yet… every time she closed her eyes she saw Hikaru’s face. Angry at her and so very, very disappointed.

“You're fine, you're safe. Everything is fine.” Misuk breathed, attempting to reassure herself as she leaned back against the beige coloured wall. Her head lolled back to rest against the drywall, eyes slipping closed as she turned her face up to the unpainted ceiling. The apartment complex they had settled into for the night was located within the more expensive quadrant of Seoul. The fact that the ceiling was unpainted, the front yard was a construction site, and that all the apartments were empty suggested that they hadn’t quite finished building before the outbreak happened.

Miso had slipped away once they’d first arrived to investigate the rest of the building and to double-check that they hadn’t wandered into a trap or worse, an undead nest. Secretly, Misuk was convinced that the other woman was attempting to give her some semblance of privacy. Something that she desperately appreciated if it was true. The medical officer absolutely hated crying in front of other people, she hated showing weakness like that. ‘The weak are meat and the strong eat.’ That was how the saying went, right?

Down the hallway she heard the near-silent but familiar footsteps of her companion approaching. It was probably time to start securing the room for the coming evening. Misuk took a deep, trembling inhale to settle the last of her nerves and forced herself onto shaking legs. She wiped her clammy hands against the dark wash of her denim jeans, tucked into the black of her over-the-knee boots, and turned to face Miso.

“We secure here?” Misuk asked, the quality of her voice much huskier than her normal lilting tones, mainly due to her previous tears. She steadfastly ignored it because she really didn’t want to talk about it. Even when she opened up to people, Misuk had never really been much of a talker. Well, not unless it was about survival or getting down to business; she was essentially a blunt object like that.
“I was thinking that we find an apartment with a fire escape. Could use my belt to secure the door and if anyone comes knocking we go out the window.”

“I just… thank you for all of this.” Ho-seok echoed her gratitude, managing to muster another tired but apprehensive smile as he watched the young girl’s expression brighten even more. He could definitely see where the two got their positive attitude from. It must be hard to feel depressed or low around somebody who constantly tries to look on the bright side of life. And, honestly speaking, their clear support for one another was like an instant breath of fresh air after having been underground for so long. A small part of Ho-seok’s mind wanted his own brothers to see these two girls; to see their bond and to be reminded of the brilliance that they’d once shared together.

Was it really too late for them to be a family once more?

A subtle hold was granted to the young man’s smallest finger and Ho-seok’s gaze was drawn to the hand that currently cupped her shoulder, recognising that Seo-yeon’s own little finger had wrapped itself around his. It was a strangely endearing sight that drew an immediate smile, albeit a crooked one, as one side of his mouth tipped upwards to expose a flash of white teeth. Seo-yeon, despite her maturity and natural elegance, was surprisingly adorable. Everything about her seemed so genuine, so sincere, that it was almost impossible to imagine what she truly thought of him. Or maybe he was just too frightened to think of it.

“Ah, well, I trust you,” Ho-seok replied earnestly, wiggling his pinky teasingly from where it was captured beneath her own. “And you trust her. Therefore, I trust her.” That was a strangely round-about way for him to say that he trusted her implicitly with his life. The sheer faith that he’d placed in this stranger should have staggered Ho-seok -- it might have staggered him if was actually thinking straight -- but instead it just felt familiar. Like he’d trusted her his whole life. Like this was merely as thoughtless as breathing to him.

Mi-suk had moved away from them now as she’d come to lean against the kitchen counter as she dried her hands. Jae-sun was leaving it seemed as he offered them a wave, something that Ho-seok almost felt relieved about -- after all, he didn’t have the best history with adult figures. Jung-kook was making a call in the doorway, speaking in quiet tones too soft for even Ho-seok’s hypersensitive ears to pick up. That said, he had a pretty good guess as to who the young man was calling. In their group there were two individuals in particular that one called when they needed help; Kim Seok-jin, the oldest of the seven and undoubtedly the wisest, and Kim Nam-joon, the quieter and more thoughtful of the two and their unofficial leader.

If you wanted to get in contact with all seven members then Nam-joon was probably the best bet as he was the most rational and the closest to nearly everyone. It seemed that their group operated in pairs most of the time; Jung-kook and Yoon-gi, Tae-hyung and Nam-joon, Ji-min and Ho-seok. The only person that seemed to maintain a reasonable distance was Seok-jin; the eldest hyung tended to flicker between members, usually focused on whoever needed the most help that week or month or year. Ho-seok just hoped that Jung-kook didn’t make the situation sound worse than it was; he didn’t need to be babied anymore. But still, if Jung-kook was calling Seok-jin or Nam-joon then the others would follow soon enough.

“Sounds like you’ll be meeting the rest of our brothers soon,” Ho-seok commented lowly, just for Seo-yeon’s ears, his eyes still trained on the solitary figure of his youngest sibling.“You know... at this rate, we might have to go shopping for fancy goldfish some other time.” In another life. The words sounded far more longing than he’d intended them to be, but the truth of the matter was that he wasn’t sure how much longer they had together or if he’d ever see his angel again. It was always the blow that you didn't see coming that knocked you down. Would Seo-yeon be his?

Now, if anything here interested you then please send me a PM. And, please only contact me if you actually have something in mind or something to build upon. It's really frustrating to receive a simple 'I am interested in roleplaying with you' with no direction or idea. And finally, thank you for reading and congratulations for making it this far if you did!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back