Donut Village (Out of Character)

It's like hidden mole technique but you can move about?

@Check Given the ability to move around with it and the ease of finding Rock, I'd probably lean towards it being a C-rank jutsu. Think it just barely edges out being a bit beyond being a D-Rank.

Just about the rankings of jutsu in general, I've noticed a definite trend in the Naruto Wiki where the jutsu goes unranked; what I've been doing is seeing if there's any similar jutsus, even if they're a different nature, and using that ranking as a guide line (for example, Ginko has

Steel Release: Impervious Armor

, which is unranked in the wiki, but it's effect resembles that of the

Earth Release: Earth Spear

jutsu that Kakuzu uses in canon, which is a B-Rank technique, so I made her jutsu a B-Rank as well). If that helps anyone at all? Dunno, just trying to make the process go easier for everyone since it can be a bit of a pain tracking down suitable justus, lol.

Of course, if there's no similar techniques or all of them are unranked, I guess...ask the All Knowing Hana? xP

Last edited by a moderator:
@Siri Yeah, that is pretty much generally what I try to do. Some techniques are a bit different due to the fact they do fill somewhat of a certain technique but do it in a different way that makes it more iffy where it could fit. For example Hiding in a puddle on the ground would fit more as a D-rank ability, compared to hiding in rock due to the fact the user can move around a lot easier and for a greater distance, granted I do admit its one of those iffy areas where the latter is on the boarder of being a D-rank and C-Rank ability given its more specific use and generally how it seems to work.

I'll try to keep that in mind. I struggled most in trying to find jutsu that would fit my character. Right now I'm leaning towards replacing the Hidng in Rock with something like Leaf Whirlwind

Edit: I found this. lol This would be like the ultimate prank in real life.

Aye, the technique itself is pretty simple, basically its hiding underground and waiting to ambush just when someone walks by close enough then pulling them in. :P

I've finished going through all the sheets that don't have a WIP. Did yesterday though I neglected to say so. If anyone has a WIP sheet they want me to check or feels like they have their sheet fixed up just send me a message and I can go check over the sheet. Start wise I'm leaning on starting this RP sometimes next week giving people plenty of time to create their sheet and touch it up.

Team wise I'm still in debate over this. Mostly it will depend a lot on how many people are signed up (at least starting up, I would still find a way to incorperate people who join late) what the teams will be comprised off, granted the structure of the teams are likely to shift around or change a bit during the RP at times.

Just a note, if anyone wants me to look over their sheet (whether I asked for it to be fixed a bit or just you want to get it checked real quick by me) feel free to message me. I'm a little bit of a stickler making sure the sheets are clean though I promise to not just drop you and leave you abandoned and help fix up any little details or help you figure stuff out.

Also, if you do have any general ideas to pitch for the RP, feel free to send them to me in a private conversation. Its possible if the idea fits I can cake it into the RP. ^^

Yo, Edgey told me about this Rp, and I really like what I've seen so far. Room for one more?

Also, if I went here, I would plan on a character who would use ninja tools, particularly a blowgun, what stat would that go under?

Ah welcome! A blowgun? Hmm, it would count as Taijutsu I'd say unless your doing something super fancy with it. Probably perception would make sense with it given you would want the ability to aim clearly with it and find a way to attack.

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend. I'm going to be looking over the characters in the next few days and helping to make sure everything is good to go. Don't worry if you don't get a sheet in time or have it fixed, you can still be accepted after. I'm leaning at trying to set up the 1st group by friday (and figure out the actual formula for the teams) and help get this roleplay rolling then. Hopefully it should give enough time for everyone to get back from the holidays and settled in. ^^

Right, I look forward to it!

So will each team have a Sensei, or will we be free Genin? Cause if we're supposed to have Senseis, there's only one incomplete one that officially exists...

Also if we they don't have a Sensei, who decides what each team does?

@Edgey

Well part of the chaos that is this RP is that Sensei wise, you will likely have one... but it might change a bit or you might get a temporary teacher. The village itself is short on shinobi, so very much teams might be responsible for watching over themselves and be sent without one to do jobs. Renai will actually be acting as a part time Sensei as well to fill the gap, and I do have a Chuunin I am currently working on who will be acting as a part time teacher as well (and one students would remember from the academy :P ). I'll probably grab one more (still debating if I will and who will do so) but really expect it to be a lot different from the normal Naruto RP where the village can afford to handhold the genin all the time. ^^;;

As far as what teams do, Renai personally will work to do so if their official 'teacher' isn't available (expect that to happen as well a bit) or someone else who happens to be around. It will be in general a bit of madness, though more controlled madness from me. :P

Alright, though I'm also wondering who will be calling the shots from an OOC perspective. I'm used to RPs where it's up to the Sensei's player to give a team direction, so if we won't necessarily have one player in charge, who will be calling the shots? You? A random player? Do we decide among ourselves?

Often times it will be the Genin calling the shots when they are alone, otherwise whoever might be in charge (usually their Sensei but other times a Chuunin or Jonin put in charge if the mission seems dangerous enough and they got the resources to do so). If you mean directing the action as far as missions go, it depends a lot on the task. I'll typically be taking control of those elements myself should it be needed, or another who I ask to do so. I have a tendency to run my games more like a 'Dungeons and Dragons' kind of sessions with myself being in charge more of the environment and 'background' characters while having the players be more active working against it or with one another.

If I need backup, it mostly would be anyone who takes the role as a Jonin who would act to try and deliver any of the story bits in my place. Characters in the NPC tab, while having importance, are there to act primarily as support and be there when needed, otherwise (unless something important is happening) they won't be focused on much, if at all.

That said, if you do got some ideas and like to explore them, I don't mind being messaged about them if you like to take control of a mission or just some general idea. I do know some people like to come up with ideas, and I don't mind if I like the pitch for you to tell the story yourself and direct it. ^^

Oh no, I just wanted to find out more about what to expect from the RP, got no inspired ideas myself. Thanks anyways.

Yay, I've officially got a char in the bin. I'm legal.

Nah, just someone with bug like wings. Yep, I said it, 'bug'. Enjoy the fascination it might bring your character. :P

Oh yes I had that thought immediately.

Hey, hey, I know I've been MIA a bit here in this thread, but can my donut girl be a chuunin? That is, if you need one. Please don't tale this as me asking for it, more like offering myself to fill a chuunin role if needed :x

As for why I've been MIA, sick, notifications suck, aaand I'm busy with putting together an RWBY RP that has so much interest :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back