• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Don't Hate The Player | High School RP

Qwertycakes

Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?

• N
    SERIES

DON'T HATE THE PLAYER

Love, Drama, and High School Football

TV-MA

POPULAR SCENES:

NETFLIX
HOME
PLOT
ROLES
RULES

ADULT

code by butterfly aubade

Don't Hate the Player

Tucked away amidst endless stretches of monotonous highways, ignored by countless RVs in search of more exciting destinations, lies the hidden gem of Texas known as Highgate. Though the town may be obscure, it's tight-knit community, constant stream of events, and wealth accumulated by the locals more than compensate for the lack of foot traffic. However, the defining feature of Highgate is it's absolute devotion to football.

In fact, "devotion" hardly seems a strong enough word to describe the community's obsession for the sport. They worship it. Every Friday night, they gather loyally at the field, holding their breath as the Highgate Titans battle it out against their latest opponent. For those glorious few months in Autumn, the boys are local heroes, bearing the town's hopes and dreams of finally becoming national champions - a goal that has eluded them thus far. In Highgate High, nothing else takes precedence over football; with it recieving the most funding out of all the clubs. If you wanted new cheer uniforms? Tough luck, the boys needed new equipment. And this favorotism didn't just extend to club activies. While many a player might not pay attention in class, they miraculously seemed to pass with flying colors. No teacher wanted to face the ire of being the reason the quarterback was unable to play in the game after all.

Yet, as with all great rivalries, there is a "worthy" opponent: the Eastway Navigators. Hailing from a poorer, less football-obsessed town nearby, Eastway and Highgate High have been sister schools from their very founding. They compete in practice matches, collaborate on fundraisers, and even attend joint school dances together on occasion. But despite their shared history, the two schools loathe each other with a fiery passion. Highgate looks down on Eastway's lack of talent, while Eastway resents Highgate's superior funding and reputation. They've been at each other's throats for as long as anyone can remember - and with the start of the '22 football season, nothing's set to change.

Perhaps, though, one of them can claim the championship trophy and finally establish themselves as the superior school once and for all. But until that day arrives, they just have to keep barely restraining themselves from killing one another.

--

ROLES:

The Highgate Titans:
From the day they graduated from Pee-Wee leagues and stepped onto the pristine football field for their first practice of the year, the sole objective drilling into these boys was to emerge victorious at all costs. The town's hopes and dreams rested solely on their shoulders, leaving them with no choice but to perform their absolute best at every game, lest they be the victim of passive aggressive ire for the rest of the football season. Yet, their trademark aggressive tactics were successful enough to earn them a status akin to local celebrities, ever so slightly compensating for the semi-occasional breakdowns in the locker room after a harsh day of practice.

The Eastway Navigators: Coming from a considerably less privileged town than the Titans, the Navigators had to endure a relentless battle for every victory they achieved, persuade every coach they had to give them a shot, and practically beg every potential member to try out, beginning the uphill battle of convincing them that joining the Navigators wasn't a complete waste of time. Whether you were there because you loved the sport or you wanted a break from life in a shithole town, the one thing that remained true for all members, was a distaste for the rich assholes known as the Titans, and their bizarre football cult of a town.

The Support: Not everyone possessed the skills required to excel as a footballer, but many wanted to be a part of Friday night games or required an extracurricular activity to embellish their CV. Regardless of whether they attended Highgate or Eastway, the Marching Band and Cheerleaders dutifully performed their roles of rousing the crowd with school spirit. But beneath the glittering façade, nobody witnessed the blood, sweat, and tears shed as they faced many an hour of rigorous training, whether they be tooting their instruments in the blazing sun till their faces turned red, or attempting the newest showstopping lift which held a very real possibility of hospitalizing multiple people if not done properly. It's a thankless gig, but someone has to do it. And, of course, where would they all be without the rest of the student body cheering them on? (Or getting stoned under the bleachers; you know who you are.) Their faithful school spirit from the stands kept it all going strong.

--

RULES:

1. Your friendly neighborhood GM's are tamarapasek tamarapasek and Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
We're happy to help with any issues you may have! We just ask that you bring them up privately. No OOC drama will be tolerated.

2. Make sure plots involving another roleplayer's OC are consented to by both parties.

3. If you cannot handle drugs, drinking, strong language, or other mature themes then this roleplay is not for you. Likewise, when dark topics inevitably arise, they are to be handled sensitively and appropriately. All RPN rules apply here.

4. Please comment to express your interest and we'll send you a Discord link. Only join if you are comfortable with using Discord and Tupperbot. If you don't know what Tupperbot is we would be more than happy to explain it. The RP itself will be hosted on RPN, but all of our community discussions, planning, and plotting will take place on Discord. For this reason, Discord is mandatory.

5. This is a literary group, absolutely no one-liners in official posts. Please have at least 2-3 paragraphs, including decent grammar.

Last edited:
This sounds so fun!! Sadly my knowledge of football is only rudimentary though.

(But maybe it's time to resurrect Ivy's cheerleadersona 👀)
GET IN HERE BITCH
(one of us was a cheerleader who never paid attention to the games and the other was on the fucking debate team we don't know shit either)

I've been wanting to get back to group roleplaying. This is my sign!

Def interested ^3^

Edit. Also my European ass doesn't know shit about football either lmao

Last edited:
been trying to get back into group roleplay, would love to play a character maybe one involved in the vastly underfunded arts programmes?

Been trying to get back into group roleplay myself and this seems like the perfect roleplay to do so.

🗣️ COUNT ME IN!!!!!

Would love to join if you're still accepting!!! As with a lot of other people it seems, I also don't know anything about football 🤣

I have to admit you have my attention. Even though I have never played football a day in my life, and don't watch it at all, portraying a character in a Football esque slice of life story seems fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back