Other Do you get anxious when people look over your shoulder?

KokichiLove

This World Is Mine!
I do. And when I'm sitting near people. Then they think I'm doing something bad. I'm not, I'm just uncomfortable.

The solution is to headbutt them and say, "Sorry, I tend to do that when people get within headbutting distance. You should probably keep that in mind."

A little bit. But ya gotta pick your fights. If I let every little thing like this get to me, people won't take it seriously when I actually need something or am really bothered.

Yes. I feel like it's encroaching on my personal space especially if I don't know the person. I mean, do they need something would be the next question.

It's something from my childhood about being watch but it drives me nuts. I get so anxious even when it's just a friend being curious. Logically I know they aren't do it to be annoying but I hide my phone a lot. I'm happy to tell them what I'm doing and share my screen just...don't watch what I'm doing without saying anything. The poor guys at lunch know far too well what I'm doing if I'm doing a reply at lunch.

depends what I'm doing at the moment.
If I'm doing something *bad* like writing a rp reply (because this is a bad and abnormal hobby, according to many people ofc) or drawing (because I'm shy about my art) - I don't like it and I tend to hide my screen / notebook or stop what I was doing and do something else.
If it's something like reading a book or playing a game then I don't care what people look at as long as they don't try to snatch my phone and run away. Yeah I guess I'm anxious about that a bit...

YES. I try not to let it show though, and I usually move to let them see to prove that I'm not uncomfortable with whatever I'm doing. BECAUSE PRIDE. And I don't want to be embarrassed about doing something I like doing. BUT MOSTLY PRIDE.

All the freaking time... I tend to know when someone could be watching whatever I'm up to, and I get really anxious about what I 'let' others see. I've already gotten in trouble for misinterpretation of events and words by someone else's eyes, so I'm incredibly insecure on what is on my screen...

Aaaaall the time. I spend a lot of my free time drawing, and when someone peers at my art over my shoulder, it just makes me jittery. :')

13369d568bb398fdef18aba71eeb0433.jpg

More than anxious, it annoys me. Like, you're invading my privacy, please move. Even people staring at my phone wallpaper is enough to annoy me.

I used to but I started to pull up smutty things when I was in high school when strangers looked over my shoulder and the looks on their faces made all forms on anxiety go away :)

Yes, so anxious! I have a rather massive personal space bubble, I think x)

yes. like please, back up, there is nothing remotely interesting happening on my phone. i'm not sure why it concerns them either that they feel the need to look at my screen.

also triggers me when they breathe down my shoulder. it just feels so uncomfortable. :'((

I do. My favorite move is to fake sneeze and use that as an excuse to hit my head on theirs. Works like a charm.

Try working in Retail, you will get customers looking over at you all the time. Awkwardly standing and expecting your attention. Soon anxiety is replaced with anger and you just learn to hate everybody. I'm a nice person I promise :closed eyes open smile:

It depends on whether or not I'm at work, if I'm at work I am typically moving around a lot. If I do happen to stop and find someone looking over my shoulder it frustrates me but doesn't make me anxious. I'll often stop what I'm doing and ask if they need me or if they found a mistake in my work. That typically gets them to back up a bit or helps me fix a mistake. If I'm not at work it frustrates me more but I do my best to ignore it seeing as odds are the person is trying to figure out what book I'm reading.

No. I get irritated when someone looks over my shoulder. It's like, if I wanted you to know what I'm typing, I'd tell you. But I don't, so buzz off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back