Other Do you get anxious when people look over your shoulder?

Whenever someone does this, I tilt my head and use them as a pillow. If I can, I turn my head and nuzzle into them. Do this once, and the guy who sits behind you will never try this shit again.

Or you might just get punched in the face. One of the two.

I do not like it either! Like if my boss is looking over my shoulder then I am decorating something my hands start shaking like crazy! I guess I already get pretty nervous around people anyways. How can you keep calm when you feel anxious like that?

Only contextually, and not so much anxious anymore as much as paranoid/uncomfortable. I don't care if people watch me write, it's more when I'm just browsing that I get nervous xD Largely because my writing tends to lead to researching a lot of really, really weird things for the sake of accuracy, and I'm always worried someone will think I'm either a psychopath or complete deviant depending on what's on my screen xD The best, though, is that I have random tabs with inspiration pics (often of faceclaims or inspiration for character appearances) so occasionally I'll click on a tab that's just... a completely random image of a random person in various states of dress or undress (depending on the character). Can't imagine what people must think when they see it, it gives me incredible first AND secondhand embarrassment for myself 😂

So yeah, awkward more than anything else, I guess lol.

I hate it soooo much. I love being social, but I don't exactly enjoy the idea of being watched when I'm doing art, or school, or roleplaying, or anything really. It gives me the creeps soooo much.

I absolutely hate it when people try to look over my shoulder.

But I am also constantly nervous and anxious so I may not be the most unbiased person.

It makes me really annoyed! If I'm RPing or writing in my new book, I get really anxious and give them the look of death. If I'm just watching something or drawing, I just let them join in till they get bored. If it's just my cat looking over my shoulder (which he does, it's very funny), I just pick him up and put him down on the floor.

I don't even like it when people hover around me so of course this is a no-brainer with an absolute YES.

It's so pushy to lean over someone's shoulder like that! Plus I'm often writing, and I'd hate for anyone to be exposed to my first drafts, lol.

Oh absolutely yes. I immediately stop what I'm doing, close any books I'm reading or laptops I'm using, and just sort of sit there awkwardly.

And if they get too close I shove them away with my elbow or shoulder.

Are they 6'3 or a rubber man now? They sure can try lol.
But half and half on a more serious note. It can start off that way but if it's been longer than like seven minutes and nothing happened, that just gets converted to vast annoyance if it continues. I was once drawing when first trying to test my ability on my tablet when riding in the bus home, and some guy kept trying to see what I was doing. This lasted like 30 minutes.

At the time I was just wondering what they wanted. They weren't doing anything freaky or suspicious trying to do it though. As I think back now I just like making up and imagining a tall buff dude with wide eyes downward, staring at me with their head facing up, for my personal amusement. Towards the end of that awkward encounter I literally just had enough of it when my stop came, and asked to this thin skinny dude bluntly: "The fuck you looking at?" A bit rough, but that is just how it is. I don't really care if I'm off somewhere like shopping for food, and someone stares. I usually hold a list rather than anything worth money lol.

I get so nervous and began to mess up if someone is looking over my shoulder while im playing video games they are watching me and im like crap! I got to play the game right don't lose lol. And then I mess up. xD

I once had someone look over my shoulder. So I opened up a text document and I had prepared for such an occassion. Used a larger font but this is the biggest selection here.

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE BIG BOY? WANT TO MEET ME IN THE BATHROOM IN TEN?

Of course they don't.

Absolutely! It's very nerve-wracking, cuz I don't know why they're looking.
Don't they have something better to do? Why me specifically? Are they going to say something about what I'm doing at that moment?
It's not a fun experience for me, honestly. It doesn't help that I'm not very good at confrontations, so I just end up doing an anxiety spiral...

I think it's more of an itchy feeling? Like, my senses are screaming inside that there's someone trespassing my personal space. Still, it's not enough to make me fidget or stuttering however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back