• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disturbances (Star Wars: The Old Republic RP) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
fuck, crazy week, but I hacen't bailed, I'll try to get all caught up, see wht's been posted, all that jazz

Same here. Mom had a stroke a few weeks ago and I've been dealing with the fallout and taking care of her.

Thawne Thawne I'll post tomorrow evening. Sorry it's taken so long. Normally we go a little bit faster.

Last edited:
That awkward moment you smack the shit fuck out of something with an unstable lightsaber and /then/ remember that the thing you're hitting is resistant to lightsabers.

Also, Kaedi'ae didn't show up soon enough to have witnessed the first time it was hit with a saber.

That awkward moment you smack the shit fuck out of something with an unstable lightsaber and /then/ remember that the thing you're hitting is resistant to lightsabers.

Also, Kaedi'ae didn't show up soon enough to have witnessed the first time it was hit with a saber.
tatke + glitch lightsaber = Run Away!
Also, lumens are a rating system for brightness, not power, just so you know. (Although this is SW. If parsecs can be a measure of speed, then...)

tatke + glitch lightsaber = Run Away!
Also, lumens are a rating system for brightness, not power, just so you know. (Although this is SW. If parsecs can be a measure of speed, then...)
I do know actually. It was a more Star Wars-y take on the saying 'the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long'. Her saber burns hotter, bites harder and glows brighter, but can't be activated for near as long and like wise can't take near as much punishment as a standard saber.

My reason for this is two fold honestly, one is an introspective take on the whole Light/Dark side aspects, and how their warring makes for a dysfunctional setting that, while capable of accomplishing tasks, like furthering technology, or driving for new and more powerful force techniques to be sought out, it's a 'broken' task, one that could be accomplished better with a more solid cohesion.

The other reason is just because between Bastilla Shan and Vader blocking energy bare handed, and the OG Clone Wars' Mace Windu scene of punching droids to death is just an example that a jedi or sith are so much more than 'just a cool saber' and the ability to use it.

The only final note is, unless the other two were looking back, rather than watching their own paths or looking out for the other two tarentateks, then they wouldn't have seen her saber. It was drawn, ignited only for the swing, then sputtered out and the hilt replaced back in it's pocket in a matter of seconds. Which only really matters for however long playing the mystery of if Kaedi'ae is a 'Jedi' or a 'Sith' can be used in the RP, or if it gets used at all. Lack of external force abilities could play into that, or she could just out herself immediately, dunno which one is more fun an idea yet, but I've -planned for both...

I'll let you guys make the call on when you go about having your characters question anything about it and just roll with it.

Also, can't wait for our dudes to meet the new Jedi character, sounds like a fun time.

I'll be incommunicado for the next week or so. Emergency spinal surgery. (One of those "do it immediately or regret it forever" type deals.) Feel free to continue without me until I get back.

Last edited:
I am still alive and still very much deployed. But I will make as much effort as I can to get caught up. If I am able to slot back in that is. .....

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi I hope all is alright with you and your recent bout of family/health issues.

I am still alive and still very much deployed. But I will make as much effort as I can to get caught up. If I am able to slot back in that is. .....

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi I hope all is alright with you and your recent bout of family/health issues.
Honestly, we all seemed to have to step away at the same time, health issues for Bambi, deployment for Grim, and I was gone for a week for a funeral so.

That being said, theoretically we should be able to pickup and keep going.

I think you are correct. It is kinda weird but also nice to know it can continue where we all left it.

Also I can't add color to text right now, not sure why but things should be clear enough without it.

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing like that. Depression, anxiety, and progression of a disease kind of pulled me away unexpectedly. I'm going to try and jump back in, though likely in less of a leadership role than I intended initially as I kinda screwed that pooch when I disappeared ^^;

Hey guys, sorry for disappearing like that. Depression, anxiety, and progression of a disease kind of pulled me away unexpectedly. I'm going to try and jump back in, though likely in less of a leadership role than I intended initially as I kinda screwed that pooch when I disappeared ^^;
Sounds good to me, we're like, well, if it was a film, we're about tenminutes past where you left haha

Dragunov Dragunov
There's not much to it. At this point they've left the diner after having encountered the force ghost that directed them to the vaults. They immediately discovered to their dismay that the hutts, being the paranoid sociopaths that they are, have certain anti-jedi measures in place, one of them being the use of terentateks. That's about it. The RP got stalled for a long time because of multiple RL problems, so we haven't advanced very far at all. You really haven't missed anything.

Last edited:
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi That was a very good summary of events. RL can suck sometimes. Let's see if we can get this thing to pick a little steam now that we're all poking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back