• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disturbances (Star Wars: The Old Republic RP) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Dragunov Dragunov Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
My apologies for not being overtly clear as to what Ravish is wearing. She rarely ever wears Jedi robes, she'll more then likely be seen in her flightsuit, however this evening she is wearing this, minus the lightsaber. And it was her right hand reaching her right hip, so the appearance could still be seen as going for a blaster and not a lightsaber as most of the time lightsabers seem to be worn on the left hip. Also, if you have ever reached for something that wasn't there when you habitually think it should be you tend to miss how you normally grab something. And unless your Rodian has had extensive dealings with Jedi/Sith it would be unlikely he would jump to lightsaber.

20161103_183515-jpg.525634

There is a lot going on with post by paragraph. So missing something is normal. And since Ravish can't read minds she won't know he is thinking she is a Jedi anyways. ^_^

And I think being uneducated in this instance is an accurate description, its not saying he's dumb, just that he has not had a wider breadth of experience in the galaxy. He's got to be smart enough to have made it this far from where he grew up. ^_^ If you have any questions about the ToR please ask, we all want to have fun. And most of the time most players overlook small inconsistencies in the theme if the bigger picture is met. ^_^ So far I think you are doing a good job.
Well color me pink and call me Donny, guess I was wrong in this instance.

Dragunov Dragunov Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
My apologies for not being overtly clear as to what Ravish is wearing. She rarely ever wears Jedi robes, she'll more then likely be seen in her flightsuit, however this evening she is wearing this, minus the lightsaber. And it was her right hand reaching her right hip, so the appearance could still be seen as going for a blaster and not a lightsaber as most of the time lightsabers seem to be worn on the left hip. Also, if you have ever reached for something that wasn't there when you habitually think it should be you tend to miss how you normally grab something. And unless your Rodian has had extensive dealings with Jedi/Sith it would be unlikely he would jump to lightsaber.

20161103_183515-jpg.525634

There is a lot going on with post by paragraph. So missing something is normal. And since Ravish can't read minds she won't know he is thinking she is a Jedi anyways. ^_^

And I think being uneducated in this instance is an accurate description, its not saying he's dumb, just that he has not had a wider breadth of experience in the galaxy. He's got to be smart enough to have made it this far from where he grew up. ^_^ If you have any questions about the ToR please ask, we all want to have fun. And most of the time most players overlook small inconsistencies in the theme if the bigger picture is met. ^_^ So far I think you are doing a good job.
I imagine there's no standard for which side a character wears their saber on. Rather, it would be based on whether they're right or left handed, and if they prefer to keep it on their dominant side or if they prefer to do a cross draw (i.e. reaching across the body to the other side to pull your weapon).
As for the clothes, why aren't you wearing the evening wear all the time? Didn't Leia's story teach you that jedi don't need no stinking space suits?

Ok Donny it is then. ^_^ No worries about that, I wasn't very clear.

Well she's trained as a combat pilot, the flightsuit makes more sense, from a practical standing, then the more comfy civilian attire. But Leia was Leia and a Princess-General-Jedi. She can do whatever she damn well pleases. ^_~Ravish is more like Poe, would rather jump in an X-wing and blow something up.

Last edited:
Ok Donny it is then. ^_^ No worries about that, I wasn't very clear.

Well she's trained as a combat pilot, the flightsuit makes more sense, from a practical standing, then the more comfy civilian attire. But Leia was Leia and a Princess-General-Jedi. She can do whatever she damn well pleases. ^_~Ravish is more like Poe, would rather jump in an X-wing and blow something up.
But my point is that jedi can survive in space! Prove your superiority by flying without a suit!

But my point is that jedi can survive in space! Prove your superiority by flying without a suit!
Well... not quite. Maybe using the Force they can create pressure on their bodies but then there's the air problem and of course the solar radiation or coldness of space.

Well... not quite. Maybe using the Force they can create pressure on their bodies but then there's the air problem and of course the solar radiation or coldness of space.
Someone (besides me) didn't watch The Last Jedi. Jedi can survive in space. Leia proved it. All other arguments are rendered invalid

Last edited:
Someone (besides me) didn't watch The Last Jedi. Jedi can survive in space. Leia proved it. All other arguments are rendered invalid
I did see Last Jedi, I have it on blu ray and digital. I can explain to you from a scientific perspective as a scientist and from a Star Wars fan perspective as to why Jedi can not survive in space without proper Jedi training, Leia pulling off a Mary Poppins was more so a matter of poor writing from a person who hates Star Wars.

I did see Last Jedi, I have it on blu ray and digital. I can explain to you from a scientific perspective as a scientist and from a Star Wars fan perspective as to why Jedi can not survive in space without proper Jedi training, Leia pulling off a Mary Poppins was more so a matter of poor writing from a person who hates Star Wars.
Sorry. Movies are canon no matter how stupid. Jedi don't need space suits.

Sorry. Movies are canon no matter how stupid. Jedi don't need space suits.
Not all Jedi, a powerful one yes but not all. I would say maybe Yoda can do it or Emperor Palpatine but too make up the excuse of "Well it happened in the movie" is a poor method to wipe away any criticism of how Jedi can survive space. Even so you can't survive space for more than a minute as you need air and heat in order to survive the vaccuum. In the expanded universe and Legends, there is no mention of Jedi surviving space without a space suit save for Plo Koon in the Clone Wars, yet this was not explained by his Jedi Training or his race. We also need to take into account the technology used within the Star Wars films such as force fields that help keep an atmosphere around the ship for good measure so as to not worry much about leaks. Such a device would seem possible on capital ships yet unlikely for small freighters or fighters. In all of the Lucas approved films and such I have yet to see any evidence that a Jedi can survive space without a suit for lengthy amounts of time. Even so, we need to remember that Leia is a Skywalker and that the Skywalkers are some of the most powerful force users in all of existence. Luke not only defeated Vader but saved Anakin Skywalker from his eternal fate in hell by turning him to the light and Anakin Skywalker was so powerful with the force that it even made Qui Gon Jinn blush when he was just a kid. It's one of the main reasons as to why he was chosen to be the second in command of the empire and the death of the Jedi order a la Revenge of the Sith. All in all, I can only give my suspension of disbelief so much leeway in terms of something I am deeply passionate about. I will give you this. Leia could survive the vaccuum of space with the force because she is a Skywalker and high affinity with the force is written into her genes. Powerful Jedi and Sith may have the ability to survive in space but I will disagree with you on the idea that any and all Jedi can just survive in space with no problems.
So I believe that Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna 's point still stands. A Jedi would need a space suit but a highly powerful Jedi with many years of training, or some lucky one due to superior force genes and a deus ex machina.

HOWEVER!
Your argument would imply you mean to say Jedi can survive more than 10 minutes based on my understanding, if you are referring to only 1 to 2 minutes in space, then not only could Jedi survive, ANYONE CAN due to the fact that heat leaves the body slowly. The only time you would truly need a space suit if in space for only a few seconds is in direct contact with sunlight as those temperatures would burn you to a crisp due to the lack of an atmosphere.

HOWEVER!
Your argument would imply you mean to say Jedi can survive more than 10 minutes based on my understanding, if you are referring to only 1 to 2 minutes in space, then not only could Jedi survive, ANYONE CAN due to the fact that heat leaves the body slowly. The only time you would truly need a space suit if in space for only a few seconds is in direct contact with sunlight as those temperatures would burn you to a crisp due to the lack of an atmosphere.
Time matters not. Judge me by my age, do you?
Jedi don't need space suits.

I'm with Dragunov on this one, all of what he said is true. Furthermore, whilst Leia wasn't in space very long, she still spent next several hours in coma hooked up to life support machine.

I'm with Dragunov on this one, all of what he said is true. Furthermore, whilst Leia wasn't in space very long, she still spent next several hours in coma hooked up to life support machine.
I would agree with you except

It is true, while the extreme cold won't kill you, the shock from a sudden temperature change would cause serious damage to the body and the sudden removal of oxygen from the brain would result in immediate unconsciousness. As someone who studies astronomy and is majoring in rocket science, these are things I have to take into account for the future. It's possible that in the star wars universe that they would have technology to help with rehabilitation from oxygen depravation, unlike the unfortunate fate Amuro Ray's father dealt with in the original Mobile Suit Gundam.
I would agree with you except

Now you're just teasing.

It is true, while the extreme cold won't kill you, the shock from a sudden temperature change would cause serious damage to the body and the sudden removal of oxygen from the brain would result in immediate unconsciousness. As someone who studies astronomy and is majoring in rocket science, these are things I have to take into account for the future. It's possible that in the star wars universe that they would have technology to help with rehabilitation from oxygen depravation, unlike the unfortunate fate Amuro Ray's father dealt with in the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Now you're just teasing.
Took you how many posts to figure that out?

So the "discussion" seems to be over with, but here are my two cents on Jedi in space. They need spacesuits.

And

Users who are viewing this thread

Back