• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disturbances (Star Wars: The Old Republic RP) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna I'm gonna let you guys do your thing until you leave the bar, since me and Bambi have beendoing a back and forth most of the time.

Unless you want a post purely of Aksel thoughts to tide you over until everyone's out of the bar.

Also, what are we going to do about Reva? should someone take her over until Folclor's business clears up?

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Grim Wraithe Stjerna Grim Wraithe Stjerna I'm gonna let you guys do your thing until you leave the bar, since me and Bambi have beendoing a back and forth most of the time.

Unless you want a post purely of Aksel thoughts to tide you over until everyone's out of the bar.

Also, what are we going to do about Reva? should someone take her over until Folclor's business clears up?
Reva's going to be our silent little cannon fodd... Uh, I mean "tagalong". She'll be with us in the background (soaking up blaster bolts and the like), while we RP. And, if you want to post go right ahead. If you don't, also no problem. Either works.
Grim, I'm busy gaming tonight. I'll have a response tomorrow.

Reva's going to be our silent little cannon fodd... Uh, I mean "tagalong". She'll be with us in the background (soaking up blaster bolts and the like), while we RP. And, if you want to post go right ahead. If you don't, also no problem. Either works.
Well, I'm not really a huge fan of there just being a silent character that does nothing for 90% of the time, only pitching in at random times. We can do that, but I think it's just a little bit jarring to have her just appear at some random moment to do or say something, especially if other people join who don't even know Reva's there, and her player is going to be busy for a while.

I say we just have her "Go do something else" and show back up when Folclor's stuff has passed.

Also, right after I made my post, I really liked the idea of an "Aksel thoughts" post, and will be working on it shortly.

Uh huh....

That makes plenty of sense. Yet I still willingly jump from perfectly good ships and hunt pirates. (Not a joke part of my actual job)

I think it'll be safe to say that Reva had a task come up and is dealing with it until folclor can rejoin us. They've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff. This has happened before.

Uh huh....

That makes plenty of sense. Yet I still willingly jump from perfectly good ships and hunt pirates. (Not a joke part of my actual job)

I think it'll be safe to say that Reva had a task come up and is dealing with it until folclor can rejoin us. They've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff. This has happened before.
I wasn't a particularly gung ho soldier. They tried to talk me into getting my airborne certification but I wasn't interested. I was more than prepared to do my duty if combat came along, but purposely endangering myself for no reason wasn't in the cards.
Besides, the airborne guys just annoyed me.

Coast guard?

Just being willing to do your duty in combat is enough for me. And I've heard that about airborne. If you're not drinking the coolaid with them they're a bit annoying.

Navy. But I have worked with the coasties. I do VBSS (visit board search and seizure) in addition to welding.

Just being willing to do your duty in combat is enough for me. And I've heard that about airborne. If you're not drinking the coolaid with them they're a bit annoying.

Navy. But I have worked with the coasties. I do VBSS (visit board search and seizure) in addition to welding.

I wanted to join the coast guard when I was younger but I didn't meet the height requirements.
If the boat sank I wouldn't have been able to safely wade back to shore.
:cheshiregrin:

I'm a bit short in that regard as well. Good thing I know how to hold my breath!

What time period is this rp supposed to take place in? I thought it was supposed to be a couple of hundred years post-Yavin, but looking through the threads it seems like it's supposed to maybe be Old Republic era. That doesn't make sense, though, since in the character thread you can opt to be Imperial.

What time period is this rp supposed to take place in? I thought it was supposed to be a couple of hundred years post-Yavin, but looking through the threads it seems like it's supposed to maybe be Old Republic era. That doesn't make sense, though, since in the character thread you can opt to be Imperial.
Clue is in the name. Yes, this is indeed TOR roleplay. And yes, Empire did exist during the Old Republic era. The Sith Empire, at war with the Republic most of the time (and in a cold war when not during open fighting) was destroyed long before the Clone Wars came around.

Also, why didn't I find this before. Gonna do my CS, just gotta boot up SWTOR and take some screenshots to show how my char looks like.

I forgot it was called the Sith Empire.

I got it this rp mixed up with another I was applying to at the time, which was post-Yavin.

Man, that fucks up my whole plan. Now I'll have to rework things.

Adapting to change is what make RP fun and frustrating! But if it was a thing that you planned an entire story arch on then...... Yeah that sucks.

Dragunov Dragunov
Just my thought on it, but it seems much more likely that your rodian would have assumed that Ravish was reaching for a blaster rather than a lightsaber. That would be the more likely scenario by far given how rare Force users are, and the fact that she's done nothing to make your character think that she's one of them.
(Unless she's wearing the uniform of a jedi, which is possible. It was never stated either way, so Grim would have to clarify that one. Going by the picture, though, she's definitely not wearing the Not!Gi of the jedi.)

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
My apologies. I was going more so on the idea of how the fingers move in relation to gripping a weapon from its holster. I assumed that when one would reach for a blaster, their hands would move differently from when one would reach for a lightsaber. My guess was that when one would reach for a blaster, they would twist their hand in a counter clockwise motion relative to the floor so their pinky and ring fingers grip the handle of a blaster while having their fingers stretched out to cover more of the blaster so as to make sure they have a tight grip when removing it from its holster. Where as with a lightsaber, one would have their fingers more so pointed towards the floor with less motion in the wrist and relying on the force to pull the lightsaber to the user's hand. I mean, I have been a bit distracted with more pressing matters, but I will be sure to keep my eyes more peeled this time. In all honesty, this is my first time using paragraphs in an RP so I might just be overthinking a lot of things.

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
My apologies. I was going more so on the idea of how the fingers move in relation to gripping a weapon from its holster. I assumed that when one would reach for a blaster, their hands would move differently from when one would reach for a lightsaber. My guess was that when one would reach for a blaster, they would twist their hand in a counter clockwise motion relative to the floor so their pinky and ring fingers grip the handle of a blaster while having their fingers stretched out to cover more of the blaster so as to make sure they have a tight grip when removing it from its holster. Where as with a lightsaber, one would have their fingers more so pointed towards the floor with less motion in the wrist and relying on the force to pull the lightsaber to the user's hand. I mean, I have been a bit distracted with more pressing matters, but I will be sure to keep my eyes more peeled this time. In all honesty, this is my first time using paragraphs in an RP so I might just be overthinking a lot of things.
You know, looked at that way I can see your point, although I will say that it seems unlikely that he would assume a lightsaber instead of a knife or something else. Again, despite the fact that you have four of them improbably in one place right now, Force users are extremely rare. Still, it's quite possible for your character to have experience with them or to have seen holo-dramas starring Jedi or whatever, so objection withdrawn.

Last edited:
You know, looked at that way I can see your point, although I will say that it seems unlikely that he would assume a lightsaber instead of a knife or something else. Again, despite the fact that you have four of them all together right now, Force users are extremely rare. Still, it's quite possible for your character to have experience with them or to have seen holo-dramas starring Jedi or whatever, so objection withdrawn.
More so process of elimination. After a lot of experience in the slums, he can guess which kind of weapon to expect based on how the user draws their weapon. But these are just guesses which aren't always true. More so he just assumes something because he thinks too highly of himself based on his intelligence and his street smarts that he ended up becoming a bit narcissistic. It's the reason why he is offering to pay for the meal as his thoughts are just guessing at this moment and seeing if there is any truth to the question in his head so as to make profit. I find your objection to be based in reality and something I will keep in mind because this is my first Star Wars RP and first time rping with paragraphs and I am open to any and all criticism since we are here to enjoy ourselves.
I do have one question in regards to the timeline, is this set before the events of KOTOR? I'm afraid my knowledge on the old republic is very limited and I don't have a lot to go off of without knowing the answer to that question.

More so process of elimination. After a lot of experience in the slums, he can guess which kind of weapon to expect based on how the user draws their weapon. But these are just guesses which aren't always true. More so he just assumes something because he thinks too highly of himself based on his intelligence and his street smarts that he ended up becoming a bit narcissistic. It's the reason why he is offering to pay for the meal as his thoughts are just guessing at this moment and seeing if there is any truth to the question in his head so as to make profit. I find your objection to be based in reality and something I will keep in mind because this is my first Star Wars RP and first time rping with paragraphs and I am open to any and all criticism since we are here to enjoy ourselves.
I do have one question in regards to the timeline, is this set before the events of KOTOR? I'm afraid my knowledge on the old republic is very limited and I don't have a lot to go off of without knowing the answer to that question.
It's Old Republic era. The exact time is up in the air. Don't worry about not knowing the fine details. Just get the broad strokes and you'll be good, especially since we've already gone outside canon history.
Honestly, you don't even need to know the broad strokes. Your character is an uneducated slum kid, right? What would he know about galactic politics and the like?

It's Old Republic era. The exact time is up in the air. Don't worry about not knowing the fine details. Just get the broad strokes and you'll be good, especially since we've already gone outside canon history.
Honestly, you don't even need to know the broad strokes. Your character is an uneducated slum kid, right? What would he know about galactic politics and the like?
I wouldn't say uneducated, more so homeschooled. Most of his studies were focused in linguistics and ship maintenance so he can fly a ship, fix a ship and help out with communication when Galactic Basic is out of the question. He also learned quite a bit in terms of deception and swindling. No medical knowledge though. Regardless he wouldn't know much about galactic politics nor would he care, his only interest is credits. If any voting happened, he would only show up to the polls to sell spice.

Dragunov Dragunov Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
My apologies for not being overtly clear as to what Ravish is wearing. She rarely ever wears Jedi robes, she'll more then likely be seen in her flightsuit, however this evening she is wearing this, minus the lightsaber. And it was her right hand reaching her right hip, so the appearance could still be seen as going for a blaster and not a lightsaber as most of the time lightsabers seem to be worn on the left hip. Also, if you have ever reached for something that wasn't there when you habitually think it should be you tend to miss how you normally grab something. And unless your Rodian has had extensive dealings with Jedi/Sith it would be unlikely he would jump to lightsaber.

20161103_183515-jpg.525634

There is a lot going on with post by paragraph. So missing something is normal. And since Ravish can't read minds she won't know he is thinking she is a Jedi anyways. ^_^

And I think being uneducated in this instance is an accurate description, its not saying he's dumb, just that he has not had a wider breadth of experience in the galaxy. He's got to be smart enough to have made it this far from where he grew up. ^_^ If you have any questions about the ToR please ask, we all want to have fun. And most of the time most players overlook small inconsistencies in the theme if the bigger picture is met. ^_^ So far I think you are doing a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back