• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
What an absolute abomination of an illusion.

Neo loved it.

Neo took the offered hand.

She couldn't care less about whatever this absolute tool of a soldier thought. She hadn't even bothered introducing herself.

Neo and Emerald would have to be better. They'dd have to do better whenever they caught up with the others.

But none of the Atlas grunts she'd murdered back at Beacon had been half this cocky.

Still, a long drawn out fight just wasn't on the agenda!~

The rifles?

No problem. Even if a couple of shots pinged them the aura would help mend most of the damage if any.

The hooks?

They were definitely a problem and one Neo wasn't in an oppertune position to do much about. Cutting them with Hush's blade may have worked but not before-

*thud*

Neo had been arrested one other time while in this world.

It was after her other suckerpunched her and performed a stylish combo to knock her out.

Then some Atlas goons cuffed her and threw her into a cell.

Truth be told, if Neo had known how things were gonna play out? She may have just worked with Brawnen and killed this other world's Yang right then and there.

But that said, the time in that cell had SUCKED and she'd just comforted Emerald. Made it clear that no matter what this world threw at them, they'd be able to move through it no matter what. They couldn't do that if they were both captured and locked up like they were just a bunch of common thugs caught loitering on the streets. So as Neo and Emerald collapsed to the ground, Neo smiled.

giphy.gif

And shattered.

~~~~

Okay, so two things.

This chick-whoever she was-her arsenal was going to be annoying as hell to deal with. Between the robots and that gravity gun? Getting bogged down into a street fight would only drain their aura and be a waste of their time and energy. Which meant staying and putting up and fighting was just out of the question. It'd end up going this bitch's way in the long run and Neo was going to do everything possible to keep the two of them from getting a front row tour on how Atlas treats prisoners. More so if Schnee was still on Team Ozpin...

No, they just couldn't let this happen. During her time with Cinder here in Atlas, Neo had done some snooping around. There had to be somewhere they could lay low for a bit. Give themselves a bit more breathing room and plan on how to catch up with Pintsized!Cinder and friends. Couldn't do that if you had a whole squad of bots and their ringleader pursuing you though. Holding tightly onto Emerald's hand and gripping Hush's blade with the other, Neo continued to run. If they just got far enough, she could use her semblance to disguise the two of them and they'd be golden, at least for a little while. At the present time, Neo'd barely managed to put some distance between them as she looked back over her shoulder past a nearby building as they ran.

images

"...Hm."

Truthfully, he'd been hoping for something more resembling a spectacle. A true display of incompetence on the Special Operative's part as Paradise and him seemed to take their time getting involved in the midst of things. Mainly due to a mixture of pettiness and not having a good enough idea about what both of the intruders in question were capable of.

The display he'd just seen sealed it.

They were both illusionists of some kind and it seemed the shorter one had a decent way of making herself scarce.

"Doubt they've gotten far. If she could avoid trouble that easily, she'd have done it straight from the moment she'd seen your-rather loud by the by-approach. Wouldn't have needed the other girl to play parlor tricks."

He scanned the area with a quick lookover.

"No...I'd say they're closer than they'd like to be..."

3hzohdepg2.jpg

"Too far and it'd have proved a strain on her semblance. Not far enough and she'd be underestimating you. Maybe they still are."
He mused.

"Paradise!"

He shouted, one of the few times he'd raised his voice since joining this 'operation.'

"Yes, Magenta!"

"Go see if you can 'cut' our friends off...."

He spared a glance to Helios.

"And you can circle around and cut off their escape..."

Paradise was already racing off, eager to show that the training he'd done with Magenta hadn't been in vain!~

There never was the intention for a drawn out conflict with the newcomer they'd run across, especially with the level of firepower and backup she was packing. It was a fool's choice to make otherwise. The whole of it was a risky gambit, debatably stupid, where the sole intention was to ferret out whomever it was stalking the two. Emerald's curiosity was satisfied now, or rather, replaced by the alarming need to make tracks and go the opposite direction of said tracks.

The only issue, the crux of it all really, was that Emerald Sustrai was entirely unfamiliar with the layout of Mantle itself. There were no series of easy boltholes to flitter themselves to absolve themselves of the eyes in the sky, no points of contact she knew personally beyond those they'd arrived with and the resistance. No assets to leverage here whatsoever beyond their cunning and semblances.

On the other hand, it seemed very much that Neo had an inkling, the way she conducted herself after extricating the two of them from what easily was a precarious situation. She was what allowed for the reversal of her hook, an abrupt departure opposite to what had been portrayed, her illusions of glass an ever persistent thorn in whomever they blighted's side. Something of a commanding presence arose from the gesture of Neo's, grabbing Emerald's own hand as she guided her down the various paths away from the temporary scene of the kerfuffle.

Emerald would have said something at risk of giving themselves away so instead she elected to do two things. A brief exercise in forgoing the use of her voice, though not in the same manner as Neo, and to demonstrate her burgeoning trust in the assassin by letting her take the reins for now. It was easier this way, always had she favored working from behind-- better yet from the shadows-- to be ever vigilant and alert for whatever encroached upon the two with a well devised reaction of Thief's Respite or her hallucinations.

She absolutely had no intentions of being clapped in aura-stunting manacles and ensconced within a hole unfit for human habitation. Emerald suspected Neo didn't either.

Special Operative Gwen Helios was not a woman who felt inclined to takes chances, to leave room for those she'd been tasked with locating and apprehending to easily escape. The same nonchalant attitude that she had just shown the illusionary beast was expressed yet again, for as Neo and Emerald shattered and the former smiled? There was just the slightest upward quirk at the corner of Gwen's mouth as she returned the expression. Not at the act of disappearing, or the frankly intriguing semblance implied, but at the simple fact that most of the AK-200s immediately began to pursue, their paths taking them very nearly step-for-step along the same path the two had taken in their intended escape. That sudden pursuit might have been inexplicable for the duo, but she knew better.

The Atlesian military was well aware of how Helios operated in the field. The deployment of AK-200s that had been sent to her aid were not the type of fresh out of the factory, default settings bots. They had been specifically chosen because Gwen had upgraded them in the past. Not nearly to the same amount as Jennings, and not in the same way. With the 200s, her upgrading took the form of giving each of them one additional sensory mode beyond their standard vision. She liked to be prepared for any eventuality, no matter how unlikely, and the supplementary modes reflected that. One could see in infrared, another had limited x-ray vision, a different one had a motion sensor built in and calibrated for a considerable distance, one could even sense the vibrations in the ground and use that to its advantage, and there were more still.

So it was when the illusion shattered and no heat signature could be detected from that spot, the motion sensor pinged with sudden swift movement from a different direction, as one of them felt every step the two took as they fled...damn near the whole lot of them had moved to chase after them.

"Relax, don't sound so worried, Magenta." She casually remarked, completely at ease as most of the robots stomped out after them, only Jennings and one of the AK-200s staying behind. She disengaged her jet boots, conserving the fuel for when she'd need the mobility. "This attempt at escape isn't going to go in those two's favor. Nevermind that I can interface with every camera in this city and locate them again easily enough. Nevermind the fact that the 200s are already following after the duo. Omega Squad is waiting in the wings for just this scenario." She smiled, sounding 110% confident that even if all else somehow failed, that squad would not.

And why would they? Unlike Jennings, and the AK-200s, Omega Squad had not been built in a standard form that Atlas can churn out by the hundreds. They were not default robots that Gwen upgraded with modifications. No, the far more unique robots had been designed and put together specifically by Gwen herself. Her brilliant mind, the nature of her semblance, and the funding and access to the requisite raw materials that came from Atlas's most esteemed councilwoman...all of it allowed her to build, to experiment to the degree that she so loved.

As the two soon found out, when their escape route brought them into the view of one of said squad. It was most definitely a far cry from the AK-series in pursuit. It was nearly 15 feet tall as well as inhumanly slender and unlike the design of its smaller brethren, this robot had no obvious armor pieces, and its outer workings were far more scaly looking in contrast to the smooth metal frame of the 200s. In addition, there was an orange glow that emanated outwards from the center of its torso.

752a1e686f2a85c38a64ecf827017f6b.jpg

No later than a second after those small glowing eyes locked onto the pair, Gwen's earpiece received a signal burst from the unit. A signal that informed her, as well as the rest of Omega Squad, that the targets had been re-acquired. Those lengthy legs started forth in an eerie looking stride to close the distance between itself and Emerald/Neo. Yet before long, it shifted into a quicker but no less eerie dash, making clear its intent to engage the two in combat. Its right arm rippled and shifted in a similar manner as Gwen's weapon Malware had done earlier. Where its hand had just been, something that looked far more like pincers rested in its place. Pincers that, once the robot was in range, moved in an attempt to clutch Emerald on both sides of her person and slam her down into the ground below.

Non-lethal subduing of the targets were the active mission parameters.

"Found them." Gwen commented, though it was probably unnecessary given that she assumed the other two soldiers were tuned into the same frequency on their respective earpieces. "Come on then!" She called out over her shoulder as she began to run, making her way through the streets to get to where Emerald and Neo were. Jennings and the one remaining 200 series machine followed instantly after. "This way!" She yelled out to Paradise a moment later, to give the hanger-on a more specific direction to follow instead of his own route. The other AK-200s were much quicker to emerge onto the scene than Gwen was.

There was barely a second or two of them analyzing the scene, before they all in complete unison turned their rifles to aim at Neo and fired multiple times, stun blasts meant to shock the smaller woman.​

..she was starting to think that she might've been the only one to believe that. She knew for sure that if she could convince this Ruby to just come with her, she could put her on a path towards being a better person, and one of the worst enemies Ozpin ever made. She also knew that any of that trust would be shattered if she got the sort of welcome she expected from the resistance, and that any chance of that path would dry up and be buried under pure resentment. Humans were just like that. It didn't matter if it was for their 'own good', treating someone as the hated enemy just guaranteed that was all they would ever be to you. So instead she just returned the hug as tight as she could, the servos whirring slightly in her arms from the force as she buried her forehead in Ruby's hair.
MarvelousWeakAustraliankelpie-max-1mb.gif

This was a moment that the Masque wished never had to end.

But life hadn't been nice to her, why would it start now?

She waited until she reached the exit of the building before breaking down into a gross sobbing mess.

"waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!-"

~~~

Eventually the crying stopped and she vanished from the scene.

She hadn't been able to fully complete her mission. So far as anyone else knew anyway.

But she knew that this Yang loved her...

Standing outside the door to her Yang's motel room, The Masque's eyes were narrowed.

hqdefault.jpg

She rapped her one hand against the door.

And then she waited.

"No, nay...im...shtill wulking and shtuff. Awakes, I mean. if im that, then I can still have mores..." She took another gulp to prove it.
Aurora sought to try and snatch the bottle away.

"No! I don't know you but just...Trust me on this, okay?"

Eugh, maybe he was just a weenie but this stench was making him nauseous.
She didn't say thanks but neither was there any angry yelling or pulling out of his grasp or something like that. "Ohhh, that right? murdre in schmistral, that is a firssst."
1587928983326.jpeg

"You should be more concerned, Miss!!"

This whole town was full of scumbags, killers, and the like. It was a miracle that Aurora tried to keep to his usual optimistic spirits.

"You don't wanna get hurt, do you??"
"...did I ask..."
He huffed.

"You're not very nice but I'm going to be polite and assume you're not normally like this..."

He glanced from side to side.

'Do you have somewhere you can stay? Friends, family?"

The door didn't open and it was hard to tell if there was anyone standing on the other side of it, given how dark the room inside was and how silent Ilia's footsteps could be when she wished it. But she was absolutely looking through the peephole with a heavy frown on her face, and it was only after a lengthy silence, so long that Yang very well could have taken it as her being completely ignored or that Ilia wasn't even there anymore, that the chameleon finally spoke up. Her voice was slightly muffled as she talked through the door. "...I thought you weren't going to come back. Why did you come back?" There was sadness and frustration mixed up in there, easily heard even muffled as it was. "It...would have been better for all of us if you...stayed away." She tried to sound confident in that but she couldn't hide the uncertainty.​
Yang's grin faltered as she was met with... that instead of the anger or annoyance she expected. She had no idea where any of this was coming from.

"...I... uh.... I-I know I was a little harsh before I left but I don't, hate you or anyhing Ilia, I was just frustrated! You wanna talk about it? Still got an open offer to punch my teeth in if it'll make you feel better!"

Throughout the whole exchange between Penny and Ironwood, followed by the Fall Maiden and the selfsame, the Rainart siblings took up the side and observed the proceedings. There were moments where the more impulsive of the two nearly gave to similar inclinations as Cinder had during Penny's debriefing, Gretchen vividly imagining leveraging Dearth in shillelagh form for a meaty whap of the noggin in a severely reproachful way if he had been out of bounds with the sweet android. The ideation was culled, though, when Ironwood had delivered his own reprimand of the Maiden when he'd been interrupted questioning his subordinate.

In an instant, she understood why-- or at least one component as to why-- the former General still commanded the respect he did, with his presence alone.

The rest of the proceedings flowed smoothly, an overall rundown of everything since Mistral and more was given. Hazel would have been content to disseminate on the Talons he'd seen in Argus if it was desired, though there was likely no need for that. The tail end of it all was what enraptured him especially, the conversation about their former team leader Watts. That he was here, in Atlas above them all. Hazel intuitively already understood that there was likely no desire to even rejoin the fold as a Huntsman, that Watts was content to return whatever life it was that he had before the academy. It was a somber note to end on for himself, though it was tempered by understanding and his desire to support his friend regardless.

He felt prodding between his ribs, provoking a half-way annoyed flinch, hazel orbs leveling down onto Gretchen who stared back with a frown.

"... Yeah, Gretch?"

"Sorry, but wanted to know. Didja wanna eat with us? I'm getting real hangry and neither of us have slept much since Argus."

Hazel scanned for Cinder in the next second, found her, thought on it, and nodded, prompting the tinier Rainart to grab him by the arm and essentially drag him across in tow.

"HEY CINDER WAIT UP."

Aurora sought to try and snatch the bottle away.

"No! I don't know you but just...Trust me on this, okay?"

Eugh, maybe he was just a weenie but this stench was making him nauseous.

"HEY NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING STAHP!" Her fierce and sudden drunken scrambling to keep him from getting the bottle only ended with him definitely getting it and her absolutely faceplanting into the sidewalk.​

"You should be more concerned, Miss!!"

This whole town was full of scumbags, killers, and the like. It was a miracle that Aurora tried to keep to his usual optimistic spirits.

"You don't wanna get hurt, do you??"

"Too late fer that."

"You're not very nice but I'm going to be polite and assume you're not normally like this..."

He glanced from side to side.

'Do you have somewhere you can stay? Friends, family?"

"Gots a motel room. Somewhere. Not that onesh."

Yang's grin faltered as she was met with... that instead of the anger or annoyance she expected. She had no idea where any of this was coming from.

"...I... uh.... I-I know I was a little harsh before I left but I don't, hate you or anyhing Ilia, I was just frustrated! You wanna talk about it? Still got an open offer to punch my teeth in if it'll make you feel better!"

"..." There was the click of the lock as Ilia went to open the door, letting some light from the hallway spill into the suite. But no punch came and she wasn't even looking at Yang as the door swung open. "I didn't think you did. It's not that. I just...I wasn't going to actually attack that other version of your sister, you know. As you might have guessed from my not leaving this room and showing up over there. I only said that so...so you would leave and hopefully not come back, so it'd be better for all of us."

"Robyn!" The sheep faunus sang the name out as she beelined for the leader of the Happy Huntresses, a grand smile betwixt her rosy cheeks, proximating herself so closely she very nearly contacted her bodily. The distance between remained the same, Fiona gazing upwards as she held a conversation with all the ease and comfort of old friends. "Yep, here, wanna see?" The good Miss Thyme extended a hand sidelong, bidding Robyn's eyes follow, and soon as they did, the faunus made an exaggerated show of shakes to the hand.

"The intense vibrations haven't left me yet." She feigned a somber tune, undercut by the devious grin that pushed past as she laughed at her own humor.

"Although, I do feel bad for Penny. Even if Ironwood wasn't as hard on her as she thought he would have been, I feel bad anyway. Maybe I should've gone with her instead of keeping watch for our getaway vehicle and route. Hindsight is 20/20 after all..." She frowned.

"Is it weird that I wish I could have been there for that?" Robyn asked, only a tiny bit sarcastically. "That sounds like one hell of a joyride to me." She snickered along with the sheep faunus, though when Fiona grew more serious, she did as well. "Yeah, well, knowing her she'll be right as rain in no time. We'll figure out how to handle the case of the missing people, I'm sure of it." Robyn gave her friend an earnest smile.​

"..." There was the click of the lock as Ilia went to open the door, letting some light from the hallway spill into the suite. But no punch came and she wasn't even looking at Yang as the door swung open. "I didn't think you did. It's not that. I just...I wasn't going to actually attack that other version of your sister, you know. As you might have guessed from my not leaving this room and showing up over there. I only said that so...so you would leave and hopefully not come back, so it'd be better for all of us."
This was... weird. Yea. That was the word Yang was gonna go with. She'd been super ready to bite the bullet here and apologize (again). There was a genuine, simmering anger she felt towards Ilia when she left, and she'd spent the entire elevator ride up to this floor quashing it down, for her apparently not at all serious threats towards her admittedly probably super dangerous sister. She had come up with a whole mindset, a whole persona she was ready to portray, all smiles and slightly doe eyed apologies to try and secure the former White Fang operative's help. Not in any dishonest sense, but when you expected a conversation to go one way and life blindsided you with something else, it was gonna throw anyone off their rhythm.

Which was why it took Yang a few more seconds than usual to get her thoughts in order when faced with such a miserable looking friend, and there was a noticeable, awkward silence as Yang stared blankly at Ilia passed her nervous grin that was still stuck on her face.

She very gently tried to push the door open the rest of the way as the smile finally fell in favor of a concerned frown.

"...Do you mind if I come in?"

Standing outside the door to her Yang's motel room, The Masque's eyes were narrowed.

hqdefault.jpg

She rapped her one hand against the door.

And then she waited.

The motel address Masque had been given took her all the way to the outskirts of Atlas, where even the floating city's opulence and technological majesty largely gave way to bargain motels and seedy hotel-casinos—the types of places a well-off business executive might spend a weekend after telling his wife he was going on a business trip to Vacuo. They were venues that catered to the illicit, those looking to fly under the radar for whatever reasons they might have had to do so; for a measly fee, no questions were asked, no judgment given. The recent whispers of war and armed insurgency in Mantle had plenty of those corporate types extremely on edge, and while the city's subsequent travel restrictions meant lavish hotels like the one Yang Xiao Long of Remnant One found herself staying in were practically ghost towns, business in the type of venue her current reality's counterpart had booked was doing just fine. Nobody cared who you were or what you were doing in the rooms. It was easy to remain discreet, lowkey, to fly below the radar. Perfect for figures of notoriety like them.

That was definitely, totally the only reason she picked it.

The exact nature of some of the muted noises Ruby heard coming through the door during her obscenely long wait for it to be opened might've given her a different impression, though. One of the voices she heard getting its money's worth was definitely Yang's, though the high-pitched squeal of the second was unfamiliar to her despite the fact that it somehow managed to hit even louder notes than her fellow acolyte's, if a bit more muffled. After a few minutes all noises of that nature mercifully stopped, giving way to the faint noises of somebody getting dressed in time with what sounded like an unfathomably one-sided conversation.

"-and all my friends were like Neon, noooooooo WAY you're gonna get that chick to look at you twice, but I was like Flynt sweetie shut up and watch mama work okay I know when the prettiest girl on the dancefloor's been checking me out—Oh, Flynt's my friend from school, it's ok that I'm still in school right because I promise I'm legal and Atlas Academy threw out the academic year anyway, which was great for my social life but also sucks cuz my team JUST did suuuuuuuper great in the Vytal Festival tournament before it got all weird, like we pretty much won the whole entire thing basically, weeeeell, we made it to the quarterfinals but we took a fluky loss to this couple of total dweebs 'cause my friend Flynt TOTALLY messed up, he's a cool guy though, he did cream this one really dorky virgin guy who used to go to our school but he got kicked out cuz no one liked him but until that happened I was totally kicking his friend's butt and he was really big-"

tumblr_5dbadcee2ffd252a2b382836c10a5023_6bc173c1_250.png

The door was wrenched open with downright violent enthusiasm, giving Masque an immediate eyeful of a Yang who'd only bothered throwing on a pair of macho boxers to cover her modesty with, matching the layers of boxing tape that fully encased her right arm. It all hung bare otherwise, Yang's feet spread at shoulder width and arms folded over her chest in a total alpha posture without even the slightest regard for who saw her that way as she leaned up against the doorway and leveled Ruby with a dark, malevolent stare. It was difficult to say if all the irritation and aggression quite clearly bubbling just beneath her adoptive sister's surface was provoked by the mere sight of her, or if at least some was already being drummed up by the babbling motormouth of a pink-haired, hastily-dressed faunus whose kitty tail swished as she skated and chattered circles around the shameless blonde, but all that rage most definitely coalesced into the withering glare she shot the Masque the moment their eyes met.

"-So hey, should we do this again sometime or what???"

"Sure. I'll find you." Her tone was rife with disinterest, though her company seemed entirely oblivious to it.

"Ohmigosh, AWESOME! I go to Pavillion in the Cloud District every Monday-Tuesday-Friday, Gizmo Club on Beryllium Boulevard Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday after 2, and on the weekends just call me! I go crrrrrrrrrAZY on the weekends! You will call me, right?? I mean, I don't wanna sound lame and say you're the best I ever had or anything, but holy crap you're like a total ANIMAL you were just so THOROUGH! And you let me do whatever I wanted once you were done! That was soooooo generous! Hey, was I good too???? I hope I was good tbklmmphgng-"

It was a sudden, predatory pounce that saw Yang tackle the faunus into the doorframe hard enough that her aura shimmered around the point of contact with her back, something carnal in the way she lifted the other girl by her thighs and hungrily mashed their lips together to silence her. Her confused, muffled squeak slowly gave way to an accepting moan, and the sheer length of the kiss had the faunus gasping for breath by the time Yang broke it off, totally poised and collected in comparison. Whatever frustration she felt rising inside her had apparently worked itself out in the sheer domineering aggression of the act, a cool smirk on her face as she slowly let the clubber slide back down the doorframe to her feet.

"Like I said, I'll find you."

She winked, and the faunus's heady flush had her too dazed to do anything more in response than giggle and swat the brawler's shoulder. "You are such a FREAK, blondie!"

But her grin was excited as she pushed away, and a genuine, melodious hum conveyed the mystery raver's bliss as she slid her headphones on and skated off gracefully down the hall for the stairs, tail still swishing happily. She completely avoided Ruby, because yuck. Family. Awkward.

Yang leaned her head out the door to watch a very particular part of her go the whole way until she was out of sight, then continued more or less completely ignoring the Masque as she turned on a dime and sauntered away, leaving the door ajar. It wasn't until she crossed all the way over to the mess of clothes at the foot of the bed, picked one such article up, and started sliding on a black tank top that she actually said anything.

"So where the fuck have you been, you little abortion?"

Last edited:

Had he realized he'd been snuggling up with Mercury before he and MTEN's former leader were carted off to actual beds, he wouldn't have minded.

He'd passed out in worse places after fights that took a bit too much outta him. Better to be in the arms of someone he liked than someone he didn't.

His dreams were less than pleasant however.

He tossed and turned, sweat rolling down his face.

He'd let the voices take control when he'd gotten shitfaced. It was good Mercury was still a great scrapper even when blasted or else that could have turned out far. FAR worse...

Eventually the faunus woke up with a miserable sounding moan. He was coated in a cold sweat and his head was positively pounding.

"rugh...."

He glanced over to wherever Emerald and Mercury were probably still snoozing.

"ergh...."

Throwing off his covers, he shakily stumbled to his feet before falling down onto his ass. "Fuck!" He nearly shouted before catching himself. Didn't wanna wake anybody yet. "Oohhhhhh....my head is killing me......" It'd been so long since he'd last drank, he just wasn't used to the feeling of a hangover. "I...I wonder if Neo's awake...."

The other three were scattered about an absolutely plush looking bedroom with the downright tackiest decor Tyrian had ever seen. a hilariously large circular bed took up a whole side of the room that had a curtain haphazardly drawn set up to cut a line through its middle, Neopolitan and Emerald crashed on either side of it from what he could see of them buried in the cornucopia of pillows that covered the bed. Mercury was somewhat haphazardly tossed on an otherwise comfortable looking couch.

Tyrian, unfortunately, was neither one of the pair of terrifying illusionists that had offed Mistral's most dangerous information brokers on a whim, nor the son of one of Remnant's most infamous assassins, so he had been given one(1) pillow and placed unceremoniously on the floor, which probably hadn't helped his hangover at all.

Neo herself was seemingly still asleep. Probably, Tyrian could only she a few tufts of pink hair poking out from her side of the late Miss Malachite's bed.

The other three were scattered about an absolutely plush looking bedroom with the downright tackiest decor Tyrian had ever seen. a hilariously large circular bed took up a whole side of the room that had a curtain haphazardly drawn set up to cut a line through its middle, Neopolitan and Emerald crashed on either side of it from what he could see of them buried in the cornucopia of pillows that covered the bed. Mercury was somewhat haphazardly tossed on an otherwise comfortable looking couch.

Tyrian, unfortunately, was neither one of the pair of terrifying illusionists that had offed Mistral's most dangerous information brokers on a whim, nor the son of one of Remnant's most infamous assassins, so he had been given one(1) pillow and placed unceremoniously on the floor, which probably hadn't helped his hangover at all.

Neo herself was seemingly still asleep. Probably, Tyrian could only she a few tufts of pink hair poking out from her side of the late Miss Malachite's bed.

Mercury immediately ran to the bathroom and threw up, which he'd been doing on and off for several hours.​

This was... weird. Yea. That was the word Yang was gonna go with. She'd been super ready to bite the bullet here and apologize (again). There was a genuine, simmering anger she felt towards Ilia when she left, and she'd spent the entire elevator ride up to this floor quashing it down, for her apparently not at all serious threats towards her admittedly probably super dangerous sister. She had come up with a whole mindset, a whole persona she was ready to portray, all smiles and slightly doe eyed apologies to try and secure the former White Fang operative's help. Not in any dishonest sense, but when you expected a conversation to go one way and life blindsided you with something else, it was gonna throw anyone off their rhythm.

Which was why it took Yang a few more seconds than usual to get her thoughts in order when faced with such a miserable looking friend, and there was a noticeable, awkward silence as Yang stared blankly at Ilia passed her nervous grin that was still stuck on her face.

She very gently tried to push the door open the rest of the way as the smile finally fell in favor of a concerned frown.

"...Do you mind if I come in?"

Ilia slowly shook her head. "You're already here, aren't you? I'm not looking to get kicked through another wall because I stood in your way or did something you didn't like." The chameleon replied, turning around and striding further into the suite, all the while gesturing for Yang to let herself in. The faunus girl turned on a light at long last, further illuminating the dark room for the benefit of the one without natural night vision. "I still don't get why you're back here."

The door was wrenched open with downright violent enthusiasm, giving Masque an immediate eyeful of a Yang who'd only bothered throwing on a pair of macho boxers to cover her modesty with, matching the layers of boxing tape that fully encased her right arm. It all hung bare otherwise, Yang's feet spread at shoulder width and arms folded over her chest in a total alpha posture without even the slightest regard for who saw her that way as she leaned up against the doorway and leveled Ruby with a dark, malevolent stare.

j4IV2v0.png

The janitor certainly had no idea how to respond to what he saw as he walked past. It was only after a few moments of intense confusion that he got his wits back, firmly averted his eyes and HURRIEDLY pushed his cart of cleaning supplies onward to the next room as he skipped Yang's entirely. "Youth these days...so open..." is what he tried to say to himself, but it came out more as a practically incomprehensible and somewhat senile series of mumbles.​

j4IV2v0.png

The janitor certainly had no idea how to respond to what he saw as he walked past. It was only after a few moments of intense confusion that he got his wits back, firmly averted his eyes and HURRIEDLY pushed his cart of cleaning supplies onward to the next room as he skipped Yang's entirely. "Youth these days...so open..." is what he tried to say to himself, but it came out more as a practically incomprehensible and somewhat senile series of mumbles.

tenor.gif

The coy wink let him know he was free to come back later provided it was all still in working order where it mattered. She didn't discriminate.​

Ilia slowly shook her head. "You're already here, aren't you? I'm not looking to get kicked through another wall because I stood in your way or did something you didn't like." The chameleon replied, turning around and striding further into the suite, all the while gesturing for Yang to let herself in. The faunus girl turned on a light at long last, further illuminating the dark room for the benefit of the one without natural night vision. "I still don't get why you're back here."
"Never gonna let me live the wall thing down, huh?" She asked with a wry frown, totally deserved as that presumption was

Yang may have been getting a (VERY UNFAIR) reputation as a bleeding heart for the villainous, but it wasn't something that came out of nowhere, and it probably surprised no one that that side of her slipped out even more often around the not villainous as she hopped onto the bed and puleld her legs together to sit on it with them crossed as she planted her chin in her hands.

"Well. I needed a favor if I'm being honest. But that can wait, because there's super obviously something going on here and I'd be a pretty terrible friend if I just ignored it, so fess up. Why the hell would it be better for everyone if I left you? Is it because I'm not sneaky? Is that it? Blake said the same thing, but just because I'm not some former white fang ninja like you two doesn't mean I don't know how to be... subtle" she finished with a goofy eyebrow waggle. "Queen of subtly right here. Like right here? Subtly fishing for what's bugging you. I'm an expert."

"Never gonna let me live the wall thing down, huh?" She asked with a wry frown, totally deserved as that presumption was

Yang may have been getting a (VERY UNFAIR) reputation as a bleeding heart for the villainous, but it wasn't something that came out of nowhere, and it probably surprised no one that that side of her slipped out even more often around the not villainous as she hopped onto the bed and puleld her legs together to sit on it with them crossed as she planted her chin in her hands.

"Well. I needed a favor if I'm being honest. But that can wait, because there's super obviously something going on here and I'd be a pretty terrible friend if I just ignored it, so fess up. Why the hell would it be better for everyone if I left you? Is it because I'm not sneaky? Is that it? Blake said the same thing, but just because I'm not some former white fang ninja like you two doesn't mean I don't know how to be... subtle" she finished with a goofy eyebrow waggle. "Queen of subtly right here. Like right here? Subtly fishing for what's bugging you. I'm an expert."

"Would you, if the situation had been reversed?" Ilia asked honestly as she looked out the window. By the time the rest of what Yang had to say came out, she'd turned back around to finally look at Yang in the face. "I..." She faltered in her first attempt at replying to that before she got anywhere beyond the first word, and it was a short time until she started again. "It's just, there's a reason I've been going it solo here. Despite knowing where the resistance is, despite them having many of the same goals as I do, despite all the sense it makes to team up...I just can't. You see, not so long ago, I got the heads up on the semblance the me that lives here is packing. Turns out I had the same one, no big shocker, but I'd never known that before. Hadn't discovered it before all this." Ilia lowered herself to sit on the floor lotus style and placed both hands on her knees.

"Her semblance and mine, it lets us look through someone else's eyes. No matter how far she is from me, she could witness everything I do as if she were also standing in the same place. That's why I tried to push you away, have stayed separate from what the resistance is doing. Because she can spy on me at any time and I can't do a thing to stop it. Any plans of the resistance I observe, they'd know about it too. There's no telling exactly how Sienna might use any of this information, but the possibilities have been on my mind a lot. Despite the clear animosity I saw between Blake and Weiss, they were still seated at the same table of this Ozpin. I imagined the High Leader would have no problem with leaking any info to Weiss, to let the two sides weaken each other to give her a stronger advantage, or maybe do something worse, I don't know. And..."

xBnNEZg.png

"...that's why I tried to push you away too. Because if you stayed, I would have felt...obligated to keep you in the loop. To tell you what I was planning to do while I'm here. And if I did, my other self would know, and the rest soon after. But if I didn't have anyone I felt obliged to share with, and I kept all of what I intend to do hidden away up here-" She tapped her skull. "-then they couldn't know. That's the only way I've come up with to keep my secrets truly secret." Ilia exhaled.

"I have to be isolated. To do this all alone."

"Would you, if the situation had been reversed?" Ilia asked honestly as she looked out the window. By the time the rest of what Yang had to say came out, she'd turned back around to finally look at Yang in the face. "I..." She faltered in her first attempt at replying to that before she got anywhere beyond the first word, and it was a short time until she started again. "It's just, there's a reason I've been going it solo here. Despite knowing where the resistance is, despite them having many of the same goals as I do, despite all the sense it makes to team up...I just can't. You see, not so long ago, I got the heads up on the semblance the me that lives here is packing. Turns out I had the same one, no big shocker, but I'd never known that before. Hadn't discovered it before all this." Ilia lowered herself to sit on the floor lotus style and placed both hands on her knees.

"Her semblance and mine, it lets us look through someone else's eyes. No matter how far she is from me, she could witness everything I do as if she were also standing in the same place. That's why I tried to push you away, have stayed separate from what the resistance is doing. Because she can spy on me at any time and I can't do a thing to stop it. Any plans of the resistance I observe, they'd know about it too. There's no telling exactly how Sienna might use any of this information, but the possibilities have been on my mind a lot. Despite the clear animosity I saw between Blake and Weiss, they were still seated at the same table of this Ozpin. I imagined the High Leader would have no problem with leaking any info to Weiss, to let the two sides weaken each other to give her a stronger advantage, or maybe do something worse, I don't know. And..."

xBnNEZg.png

"...that's why I tried to push you away too. Because if you stayed, I would have felt...obligated to keep you in the loop. To tell you what I was planning to do while I'm here. And if I did, my other self would know, and the rest soon after. But if I didn't have anyone I felt obliged to share with, and I kept all of what I intend to do hidden away up here-" She tapped her skull. "-then they couldn't know. That's the only way I've come up with to keep my secrets truly secret." Ilia exhaled.

"I have to be isolated. To do this all alone."

Yang sat patiently through the explanation with an attentive gaze as she kept her chin in her hands, radiating the same calm and warm concern that made it easy for the likes of (their) Blake, (not their) Weiss, or the masque to open up to her, just as Ilia was starting to. She'd always been an easy person to talk to, a skill she relished even if she didn't have to put much work into maintaining it. when Ilia was done, she dropped one hand so the other could rub her chin.

"...Whoa. I can see how that'd stress you out. But hey, at leasst your semblance is awesome! Hey, hey, can you use it on me?" she asked with a small grin

Yang sat patiently through the explanation with an attentive gaze as she kept her chin in her hands, radiating the same calm and warm concern that made it easy for the likes of (their) Blake, (not their) Weiss, or the masque to open up to her, just as Ilia was starting to. She'd always been an easy person to talk to, a skill she relished even if she didn't have to put much work into maintaining it. when Ilia was done, she dropped one hand so the other could rub her chin.

"...Whoa. I can see how that'd stress you out. But hey, at leasst your semblance is awesome! Hey, hey, can you use it on me?" she asked with a small grin

“...Oh, er uhmmm....” She began to say back, not really sure how to take that. It hadn’t been what she had expected to hear from Yang after all that. Then again it wouldn’t be the first time she thought wrong in this world. “I suppose I could, but I don’t get why you would want me to do so.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back