• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern "Discerning the Unordinary: Finding the truth through Thaumaturgic Innovation" Nasuverse/Fate verse-based roleplay

tian221

To Sleep, Dreaming
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"No magical energy residue... No lingering traces of a Mystic Code's usage... All these improbabilities lead to one conclusion... It was the work of someone with some type of abnormal ability--- likely an ESP user. If we were unlucky enough, it's a Magus who is just as good at covering their tracks as we are uncovering them. Isn't that just bloody perfect?"
--------
Hello everyone! I'm Tian, and I'm looking for someone else to engage in a long-term, 1x1 Nasuverse-based roleplay with me! I'm a 30-year-old student who is working toward acquiring their Master's and want a fun hobby to do while that process fulfills itself!

I want to do something that has a similar prospect to the Kara no Kyoukai and Case Files series (mystery solving, high-stakes fights, exploration of niche concepts, etc) with an original character of mine. His name is Petra Sebastian Historia, and he is a Spanish magus who comes from a long lineage of Spanish alchemists whose teachings stem from the originally thought to be unreleased works of Paracelsus Van Hohenheim. Petra belongs to the Mages Association and is a scholar studying under the Spiritual Evocation department.

A fine red-haired fellow with an irrationally low tolerance for incompetent people, but with the diligence and business ethic of a well-seasoned gentleman. Despite this, he tends to become extremely critical of not just others, but also himself. You can call him the ultimate performance optimizer. Though his personality can be dry-cut and sometimes even sassy, Petra is someone you can rely on, and he is hoping that he can rely on you as well.

The entire plot of the roleplay would likely involve Petra and your character being dispatched by an anonymous requester to uncover the reason for which a significant number of magical artifacts disappeared, traced to a country where the Mages Association has little activity/manpower. You both are sent to figure out why someone stole them, how they were stolen, and who did it. Along the way, there will be psychics, powerhouses, and quite possibly even dead apostles if the plot steers that way. There can be some canon characters here and there, of course! It all depends on what we can agree to.

The main point of the roleplay is to explore a part of the Nasuverse that the roleplay community rarely touches on, and I would love to share this experience with you! We can discuss the finer details and planning in PMs. Preferably not Discord!! Romance isn't a huge part of this roleplay, but it isn't something that I am actively avoiding either. Whatever happens, happens. If anything it should be a slow burner. Not looking for MxM though. Preferably MxF or MxNB. We can double up on characters if you want to. I don't mind being the narrator while this happens. But switching roles every once in a while would be nice. Anyways,

--------
Criteria:
1.) Please, please, please no minors!! The Nasuverse's other entries (even including Fate) explore incredibly deep and mature concepts and happenings that are not suitable for people below the age of 18.

2.) No ghosting! I am NOT ghost-friendly. If something about the roleplay or my writing is bothering you, then let me know. Under any circumstances do you feel uncomfortable with something that is happening in the roleplay, or for any reason you want to exit the roleplay, let me know. Just don't ghost. A simple message can prevent lots of overthinking. I will provide the same courtesy to you.

3.) At the very least, have some idea of what the Nasuverse is about. If you're a new fan who has only seen the Fate animes, then you should in theory be fine. You don't need to have seen Case Files or Kara no Kyoukai, but it will help a great deal when it comes to exploring the world of Mages. I've read visual novels and consumed most of the universe's content, so I can lead the construction of the plot. Just know how the verse's main points work. Magecraft, ESPs, Dead Apostles, and Mystery (as a concept), are important information you should have some idea about. A glance over the Type-Moon Wikipedia page may prove to be sufficient for you.

4.) I'm looking for someone literate. No real minimum or maximum of posts. Some of my posts tend to get larger depending on the hype behind the scene and the scene itself, but I'm a mirror, so I'll try and match your energy. If there isn't enough material to work with, however... --- Just try your best is what I'm saying. You needn't write like a College graduate who has written many novels, but one-liners are strongly discouraged from clicking on this post.

-----

I'm going back to school and will overall have less time to write. Coupled with general stress and life sometimes going "nuh-uh", it may be difficult for me to write. But at a minimum, I can guarantee three posts per week from me. It would be nice to receive a similar arrangement, but we can talk about that. :)

Tian, out!
-----
TL;DR: Looking for long-term Nasuverse roleplay for a Kara no Kyoukai + Case Files-themed roleplay. I want thriller, action, and romance. In that order of importance.

Interested? If you are, don't be afraid to drop a response to this thread! If you're interested but need some refreshers and/or need help understanding content, just holler at me. I don't bite. I'd be more than happy to study it with you because I might need a refresher too tbh. Been out of the Nasuverse loop for a good couple of months now.

yooooo! i just started reading case files not too long ago, and i love fate/the nasuverse in general, so this sounds like something right up my alley! interested!

yooooo! i just started reading case files not too long ago, and i love fate/the nasuverse in general, so this sounds like something right up my alley! interested!
Aye, siwmae! Go ahead and PM me some information about yourself (timezone, OC, and interests for the roleplay) and I'll do the same.

I've only researched the Holy Grail war parts. I have been wanting to Somehow add a shade of Levity to the Nasuverse for quite some time because I wanna Call out how Complicated it gets at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back