• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Disaster Hearts - A Taagnus RP

Disaster has a way of remaking our hearts
Long after all the thunder and scars

full
Taako Taaco
Resident gay with a troubled past
Orphan
Twin
Party boiii
Magnus Burnsides
Big BoyTM
New kid
From a big farmer family
Car crash :(
full

Days pass and bit by bit we began to restart
Our disaster hearts

The bus rattled and huffed, shaking as it rolled over the old asfalt. When it finally stopped, Magnus could suddenly breathe again. The grip on his armrest lightened from the white knuckled state it had been in during the trip from his apartment. In his own opinion, it had gone great. No one on the bus had noticed the burly highschooler in the back looking like he was about to burst a vein out of pure concentration to stay in his seat. While the roads were far from smooth, nothing had happened. He breathed out again.

The sun was shining bright outside as Magnus was the last to step out of the bus. The driver had given him a particularly nasty look for taking so long to get off, but Magnus wasn't about to look him in the eye. His attention was directed purely on the bustling crowds outside the school he would from that day forward call his own. There were so many people. He swallowed harshly.

Squaring his shoulders, he tried his best not to look like the stereotypical small town boy coming into the big city for the first time. Eyes straight forward, he walked like he owned the place, feigning the confidence he yearned for at the moment. He didn't care if anyone looked at him, really.

This was supposed to be a fresh start. While he didn't think you could count on two hands on people his age that literally moved several towns away for a complete start over, he could at least say he was capable. The small amount of help he'd gotten from his mom and dad had been mostly financial, aside from the emotional support he was ever grateful for. He'd grown used to the dull ache in his chest by now. It was fine. All he needed was this. Something new. Something different.

Eyes scanning the crowds, catching teens and young adults of all shapes, sizes and colors, he had a feeling that that was exactly what he was in for. He couldn't help squinting at a particular shade of lavender swarm of hair, seeing how unnaturally stark it looked against the other robust colors of the brickhouse behind them.

He stopped in his tracks, suddenly realizing that he could go about the school looking as confident he could, but without directions to where he was to register himself, it would be for nothing. He sighed again.

Decidedly, he walked with brisk steps over to the purple-haired person - maybe something in Magnus was inclined to talk to whatever person with the oddest haircolor, call him curious - to gently tap them on the shoulder. “Ah- excuse me.” He began, sounding as steady as he could in the moment. “Do you happen to know where the principal's office is?”

The familiar brick building towered in front of Taako as he dragged himself towards it, every limb heavy with a truly magnificent hangover. His instinctive response to the school (a disgusted groan) didn't get more than an eye roll out of his twin. She was far too busy texting whoever to pay attention to what could have turned into a truly awesome game of disgusted noises, which disappointed, but didn't surprise, Taako. Scooting the big sunglasses further up his nose he scanned the courtyard for their friends before giving up and turning to Lup.

"Barold joining us out here or what? What about Luc-" But he didn't get further before they were approached by Lucretia herself, toting a new, but still overfull, bag and a nervous smile. "Well. Speak of the devil I's'pose. How's your summer been?" He'd been the one to ask, but he didn't hear much of the answer due to two different things. One, the sun had cleared out behind some clouds and was now banging their grandma's pot against Taako's forhead, and two, he'd spotted a new kid. Generally, the last one wouldn't have been an issue, but this newcomer was not only approaching their little group which was a one way road to Taako's Land of Suspicion (tm), he was also big. Which also was how Taako knew this kid was new, he wasn't exactly easy to miss.

Lup and Lucretia had gotten started on the subject of some new course both took, as well as a detailing on Taako's own adventure the previous night, which meant there was no one left but him to answer this new kid's questions. Which was, you know, not great. Sizing the guy up from behind his enormous glasses he ended up feeling generous.

"Sure, my dude. You new? You might want a guide for it, this place is a whole mess of a thing." He grinned, deciding that it was better to know right away if the guy was on his team or not from the start. Or if he was at least curious enough to give Taako an opportunity to climb that redwood tree. He could feel more than see Lup's eye roll and wondered if he really was that obvious. "I'm Taako by the way, from TV?"

"Oh my god, you were in the audience in Cooking with the stars, stop telling people you're famous." Lup butted in and Taako didn't hive her more than a grimace in response. He had actually been on screen for far longer than anyone else in the audience, so it counted.

Under the scrutinizing look of the shorter person in front of him, Magnus felt, not for the first time, how much space he truly was taking up. He wasn't generally the nervous type, but something about this Taako person having eyes on him made him start fiddling with the strap of his worn backpack.

And he couldn't help but to look back, too. While the cotton candy hair was what stood out from far away, the other's flawless dark skin, plump lips and makeup that was not a millimetre out of place. If people walking by would've started praising him like a god among mortals, Magnus wouldn't have been surprised.

No matter how many ants started crawling under his skin, the offer was something he couldn't refuse. “Oh, that would be great!” He smiled nervously, noticing the small group behind the other that certainly looked like they belonged there. Christ, had he walked right into the nest of the cool kids? “I-I’m Magnus, by the way.” He said mostly as an afterthought, his calloused hand reaching out to shake Taako’s.

Out of the corner of his eyes Taako noticed Lucretia smiling nervously at the Magnus, she never did do well with strangers, while Barry waved a hello and Lup just sighed at Taako. She knew more than well how Taako was gonna obsess over this guy.

"Magnus huh, nice to meet ya, Jugs." He reached out and took Magnus' hand, the calloused and large hand sending shivers down his back as it wrapped around Taako's own soft one. Letting go off him with a slight reluctance Taako slung his own bag higher up on his shoulder and nodded a goodbye at his friends.

"Come on then, big guy! It's over in the other building, the second dome to the left. We sure do love domes around here."

Taako's hand had been so small, so soft in his. He wasn't sure why his brain decided to get stuck on that particular detail, but he quickly shook it off, meeting eyes with the other people over the smaller person's head. Two of them sent kind smiles his way, which Magnus reciprocated immediately. The other girl, however, barely met his eye. Magnus swallowed, dearly hoping he hadn't said something wrong.

Deciding not to dwell on it, he followed after Taako, a purple beacon of hope among the sea of students. “Thanks man! I really just need the way to the principal, i-it’s fine, really.” He couldn't help but stammer. “Don't the classes begin soon?”

Walking away from Taako's little gang, he sent a small glance over his shoulder to them, fiddling with the washed out flannel he was wearing. “...hey, I didn't- like, say anything to make that other girl mad, right?” He'd only asked for directions. Was that such a crime among city kids?

Oh man. Taako threw a glance over his shoulder at Magnus, was the guy actually stammering? Adorable. Taako seemed to have misjudged him, or at least aimed a bit wrong with his stereotyping. "Ah yeah, guess they start about now but you know, I'm good out here. Don't think they'll miss me in algebra. You scared of running late?"

It took Taako a while to get who Magnus was talking about, he was too busy navigating through the student-jammed door into the building. But once he did he nearly laughed. "Lup? No no, she's not mad at you. She's my twin." He grinned back at Magnus, "And honestly, she's probably more pissed at me for leaving her alone with the geeks before math. She'll get over it."

Reaching up he gave Magnus quite impressive arm a pat, completely without ulterior moves of course. "You can't go around worrying like that, ya know, insecurity is a great big turn off. You gotta own what you've got when you've got it." Worried that he'd done too much, Taako gestured over to a door on the other side of the room. "Anyway! That's the prinicpal's office, good luck in there, guns!" And with that, he turned with a hair flip and began to walk off.

Magnus eyebrows furrowed, unsure on what to say to make the best impression on Taako. It was his first day, of course he didn't want to be late. “I- uh. I'll go when I think I'm needed.” He replied as nonchalantly as he could muster.

If possible, his face twisted into even more confusion at Taako's apparent peptalk. Turn off? He almost blushed, this conversation veering in directions he wasn't sure appropriate for a first meeting.

Lost in his own thoughts of how his intentions was not to sleep with most of the school students, he saw Taako walking away down the hallway before he knew so. “Oh- hey, thanks again!” He called out, but the smaller man had disappeared among the masses of students once more.

Hand brushing over where Taako had touched him, he walked into the principal's office.

-

About twenty minutes later, he reemerged to halls completely empty of students. Crap, the classes had already begun. Cursing under his breath, he walked briskly down the pale white corridors, frantically getting his schedule up from the masses of papers and booklets the principal had given him. Algebra, huh?

Of course, it took him at least ten more minutes to navigate himself to the classroom, in the end bursting into a deadly silent room full of students. The teacher looked at him, caught between shock and irritation.

“Is this algebra?” Magnus asked, breath caught in his throat. “I'm- Magnus! Magnus Burnsides!” He tried to smile, rushing in to greet the teacher.

Taako left Magnus to deal with the principal while berating himself, had he been too much? Had he misread something? Despite his outward appearance of genuinely self obsessed and deeply shallow, he kept second guessing his every action on the inside which now left him with a sour taste and the feeling of having screwed this up before it even began. The sight of his friends and the opportunity to not think about Magnus' warm hand in his, how he hadn't wanted to let go, and whatever that said about him managed to keep the bad taste at bay and Taako quickly delved into the conversation between Lup and Barry.

Once the bell interrupted them he was back to normal, better even as his selective memory forced every thought of anxiousness out and focused on how he was going to give the new boy the ride of his life at first opportunity. The daydream would have proved perfect algebra distraction, had not the very subject of it suddenly rushed in through the door.

Lup, the traitor, definitely knew what had occupied Taako's min and naturally gestured for Magnus to sit by their group, freeing the seat right next to Taako with a devilish grin and a whispered, "In for a penny, in for a pound."

Taako greeted Magnus with a simple, "What's up?" And tried to get rid of the images his daydream had left behind. "How'd your meeting go my dude? You get lost on the way?"

The teacher quickly dismissed Magnus to go take a seat, obviously eager to get on with the class. Magnus did as he was told, and just like suspected, he found a few familiar faces. Taako being the one he got stuck on, his smile turning genuine as he went to sit down beside the other. Misjudging his own size and enthusiasm, he bumped into several people on the way, lots of ‘oh, sorry’s and ‘excuse me’s being whispered.

Finally sitting down beside Taako, he smiled heartily while keeping his voice low. “You didn’t say this place is like a maze! The dome thing though, what is up with that?” he whispered, scratching the back of his neck absently. “I… don’t think I’d have gotten here as soon as I did if it weren’t for you, though. Thanks again.”

Somehow, he wanted to say more. On the other hand, he hadn’t had to make new friends since kindergarten. He didn’t know how to go about this like a normal person. It didn’t help that no matter how he looked at it, Taako and his friends seemed galaxies ahead from what would be considered on “his level”. Fiddling with his fingers, he looked down at the battered desk he sat at. “Uhm, if you wanna, we can- like, go out and do something sometime. My treat as a thank you and stuff.” He muttered, cursing himself that he could feel his cheeks heating. “With your friends, of course.” he added quickly, not wanting Taako to feel singled out for helping the new boy.

Taako watched Magnus' approach with an incredulous face, Lup mimicking the expression next to him before whispering with a grin. "Wow. Didn't know you were into dorks, bro." Taako just grimaced at her, hitting her in the arm as he bit back. "Guess we share a type then, sis. And I'm not 'into' him, he's just... new." Lup shrugged at him and turned away, just as Magnus sat down.

"I have no idea, my dude, guess someone had a sphere fetish or something." He grinned at Magnus, Lup's teasing be damned this guy was definitely not completely straight and Taako intended to make full use of that, didn't mean he liked the new kid or anything. He shrugged at Magnus' thanks, uncomfortable with the earnestness of it. "Well, make sure you learn the layout fast then, no guarantee you'll be able to find me every time you're lost."

Turning back to the teacher Taako zoned out, decidedly not thinking about the warmth radiating of the other boy (Seriously though, did he have a fever or something? This couldn't be normal, it was like sitting next to a bloody furnace) Until Magnus spoke once more and Taako had to turn back, a well shaped eyebrow lifted. "You inviting yourself along to a grouphang, huh? New kid latching on to first friend group he finds, or what?" Taako allowed a short pause there, before grinning and giving Magnus' arm a slap. "I'm just joking with you, guns! No worries, of course you can join us, just follow the one rule of no sport talk. Unless it's something dorky, like curling or whatever, but then just talk to Barry. Capiche?"

Magnus went rigid for the second Taako implied he was inviting himself into their group, about to explain himself that this was not the case at all, before Taako touched him again, making him laugh somewhat nervously. “No- yeah! Got it. No sporty talk.” He could find other people to talk about that. So far the football team seemed inviting enough for him to approach them.

“And who's Barry?” He asked, having guessed it was another one of Taako's friends. He'd already singled out Lup, Taako's twin, and he was debating with himself how he didn't see the likeness before. Just looking at them and their seemingly close relationship, Magnus guessed these were a pair of siblings that had been playing pranks on everyone around them with their similar looks since childhood. He couldn't imagine having a sibling like that.

From the front of the classroom, the teacher cleared her throat, obviously demanding the attention she wasn't getting. Magnus ducked his head, a small gesture of his hand to say 'sorry’. He felt his cheeks heating again, never having been one to talk over the teacher during class.

Taako couldn't be arsed trying to whisper, he talked quieter than usual but otherwise made no indication of shame at speaking over the teacher. With a yawn and an adjustment of the sunglasses still on his face he pointed over at Barry. "That there would be Barry-Barold, my geek sister's geek boyfriend. And the girl with the book is Lucretia, she's our token smart person. You better learn those names fast if you're gonna keep on inserting yourself in our group." It was said with a sting and a smile, Taako's trademark way of friendly interaction.

The teacher expressing her dislike for their conversation was taken in a stride by Taako, who just rolled his eyes, smirked at Magnus, and then bent over his desk with faked deep interest as he began taking notes. Or at least scribbling to look like he was taking notes. The rest of the class passed like that, and the chime of the bell signalling the end of hellish algebra was a welcome break. The break until Taako's next lesson was minimal, and heading over to the other side of the school for cooking classes was going to take a while, meaning he was in a hurry. Throwing his stuff into the bag he slipped a note with his number to Magnus with a wink. "In case you get lost again, or want to make that insertion a reality, big guy."

Looking around the classroom, Magnus made quick mental notes for all the names he was given, faces to put them to. Lup was the one with the same face as Taako, hanging with Barry - or was it Barold? Magnus couldn’t make sense of when Taako was joking or not - being the one with the striking blue jeans but otherwise bland looks compared to the others. Lucretia was also easy, her white hair contrasting against her dark skin and round face. Taako was… simply Taako. Magnus felt he didn’t need to worry about remembering his name.

Making a great effort to take notes and listen to the teachers bored tone through the rest of the class, the small note that came onto his desk at the end of the class snapped him out of his daze. Mouth hanging open, he didn’t get out a word before Taako was out the door. He scrambled up his notes and books, pushing the number far down his pant pocket.

The rest of the day went by quickly, Magnus with a hint of disappointment noticing that Taako had none of that day’s classes with him. In english, he waved at Lucretia who had just like him sat in the back of the classroom. Her nose in a book, obviously intrigued by it, Magnus decided not to disturb her.

As he sat down in the bus by the end of the day, he felt a breath leave him, relaxing for what felt like the first time since morning. First day done, and nothing weird had happened. Nothing odd, nothing strange or-

His fingers felt a small piece of paper in his pocket. He’d almost forgotten.

While the bus hummed into life, Magnus typed in the number on his phone hastily, suddenly excited. Until he got to the message screen. What would he say? What could he say that wasn’t completely out of line and down with the cool kids?

Eyebrows furrowed he twiddled his thumbs a few seconds before typing.

taako
me
hey! magnus here! now you have my number too :-)

He didn't see Magnus again that day, and everything quickly fell back into it's usual rut. First there was culinary arts with Lup, then Barry joined them for chemistry. After lunch he was left alone in web programming. (With his hoodie pulled on, sunglasses removed, and shoulders hunched. No one could recognise him.)

Ages later the first day was finally over, as was Taako's headache. The group somehow succeeded in dragging Barry and Lucretia from school early to celebrate their collective survival with milkshakes at their usual mall hideout. Lup, who somehow had landed some small job doing whatever it was this time, ordered an enormous, hellishly mixed shake with actual complete cookies floating sadly through the dark strawberry ice cream. The gang was halfway through it and their run down of today's events when Taako's phone vibrated. Grinning, he saved the number and typed out a reply.

sweet dreams r made of tits
them
hey! magnus here! now you have my number too :-)
me
cool beans my dude(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
me
whazzup?

His phone buzzed not a minute later, making Magnus jump in his seat. Not as if he'd been waiting anxiously for an answer he half expected not to come, not at all. But there could always be a chance.

Taako being one of the few contacts on his phone besides the landline back to his ma and pa’s house, he opened the message immediately, once more twirling his thumbs to come up with a response. At the back of the bus, no one spared him a glance, even so the driver. Nothing to distract him, and yet he felt concentration wasn’t his strong suit when it came to texting. He much preferred calling, although he had a feeling texting him would look so much cooler in Taako’s eyes.

taako
me
just taking the bus home! :-)

He typed out, hitting send. A second later he was starting to doubt himself. Taako didn’t care however he took the bus or not, this was just a way to start conversations. C’mon Magnus, get with it. he berated himself, thumbs typing once more. He thought to himself that there could never be enough smiley faces if he wanted to seem cool.

taako
me
just taking the bus home! :-)
me
gonna go hit the gym later. :-) what are you doing? :-)

Taako's phone buzzed again, and then again. Plucking at the fabric of his tights he read through the last two texts from Magnus. The smirk on his face at the abundance of smileys froze once he got through the second message. Flirting was second nature to Taako, something he did often and without thinking. He had no problems telling when someone returned the favour face to face and had had several nights and flings that originated in exactly that, but somehow this was different.

He could not for the life of him figure out if this was Magnus flirting, or just Magnus being Magnus. The text spoke on behalf of the former, but who flirted using those smileys?

Panic rising in the form of kill bill sirens in his head Taako back-pedalled to safe ground, making his own feelings nothing more than a dumb joke and hiding his insecurities deep deep down.

sweet dreams r mad of tits
me
haachi maachi my dude
me
send sum pix of them sick gainz then beefcake

Having put down his phone for a second, Magnus looked out the window to get accommodated with his new surroundings. The town was of fairly average size, nothing to show up on large maps, but large enough for Magnus to feel like an ant compared to it. In his old home there had always been a specific place for everyone, a role for every single person to fill. Here he was starting to realize what 'one in a crowd’ meant.

Once more, his phone buzzed in his hand to snap him out of his thoughts. His eyes widened while reading over the words on the screen. He wanted pictures? Of Magnus? Beefcake?

His mind racing at this point, he had to look up from the screen, staring into the nothingness of the almost empty bus. Was he being… flirted with? This couldn't be ordinary conversations cool people would have… right?

Either way, his face had turned a beet red he didn't know what to do with. If Taako was flirting with him… did he mind? He wasn't sure, but the butterflies mixed with something heavy and cold settling in his stomach didn't make him less conflicted.

He let the minutes pass while debating how he should answer, before deciding that obeying the request would be the better and safest option. He sent a candid photo Carey had snapped not too long ago. He wasn’t one to take the pictures himself, but even he could see that this was a good one, him in a profile lifting the usual weights inside his parents garage. Not daring to say anything else, the prospect of Taako being… interested now making him shrink back mentally, he firmly put his phone down, promising himself not to look at it until he was home.

Taako stared at the screen, and the little 'Read' notification stared back at him. For all he knew he could have been staring down a black hole or the Mariana trench, both would have filled him with less dread. And neither would make him this cold.

He shivered as the all too familiar little voice appeared at the back of his head Oh dear, this has to be a record hasn't it, Taako? What was that, not even 12 hours until he got tired of your shit. I'm impressed. Nine hours and as many sentences before you were left this time, I would be worried that you had peaked if I didn't know you.

Internally screaming to block it out he shoved the quiet and still phone deep into the pocket of his oversized coat and vowed to never think about the new boy again. Now it was obvious how dumb he had been to think this Magnus was anything else than the stereotypical small town farm boy he looked like, and Taako had flirted with him. Not that he hadn't flirted with straight guys before, but that had been a joke, there was never any real hope behind it. He stood up, and immediately three pairs of eyes were on him.

"Well my dudes, gotta go. Places to be, dicks to find, you know how it is." Lucretia and Barry seemed to buy his spiel, but he knew Lup was going to put him through trial as soon as he got home. Still, worse things had happened. "Laters!" And just like that he was off, debating where he would have the best shot at forgetting all of this.

Taking the stairs up to his one-room apartment, Magnus looked again at the screen of his phone. Nothing. He swallowed. Taako had surely been sarcastic, and now Magnus had been the one to make it weird. How was he to know how to talk to people so obviously above his level? And why had he decided that the first and best person to befriend probably was the king of the school yard? Or a prince, Magnus thought absently while turning the key to his door. He held himself like one. Like he knew exactly how much he was gracing the one talking to him by merely sparing them a glance. Surely able to strike both fear and affection into every heart he desired-

He shook his head, feeling his cheeks heat. His mother had always said he had an overactive imagination.

Decidedly, he stopped thinking about it. This was a problem better solved face to face rather than a few desperate-looking textmessages after a long, uncomfortable silence. He’d talk to Taako first thing he did tomorrow. Maybe they could still be friends. Magnus hoped so.

Making a quick call to his parents to tell them about his first day at school - leaving out the text mishaps, they were old and wouldn’t understand - he then decided to settle for a run, just to get to know his area a little better. The sun going low in the sky, he jogged down lanes and streets, taking in the tall buildings, the larger houses, everything.

Not too far from his own complex lay something he first thought just large garden in the middle of the other rows of houses, but looking beside the neatly trimmed bushes, there was a smaller, square little cot. Magnus had to stop and admire the fine work before looking down at the names written just beside the mailbox. Highchurch and… Taaco? His lips pursed. It couldn’t surely be… could it?

He shook it off, starting to jog again back to his new home. The sun well down now, he was completely sure he’d take a shower, eat something healthy and then get a good night’s rest. At least, that was the plan.

The plan had been to go home, mock Merle for a bit, and then go crash as fast as possible, honestly. Honestly. But then Taako had never been one to go along with plans, especially not when they were on that level of maturity. So instead here he was two texts later; one telling Lup that he'd be home eventually, and one sent out en masse to see where he could go to hide from impressive arms and soft brown eyes.

As usual, he got silent worry and anger from Lup, all too evident in the lack of replies, and several texts back on that second one. One of which was the reason for Taako's current predicament.

Nursing his third sugary and burning whatever-it-was-called, phone deep in his bag, and making eyes at a guy a bit away. His hangover was gone, and this guy was short, on the track team, and there was a harshness to his arrogance that made him a perfect candidate for tonight's activities. Taako lifted an eyebrow and cocked his hip as they made eye contact, and not two seconds later the stranger was making his way through the crowd.

As Taako stumbled home a couple of hours later, brain still buzzing lightly and body feeling just as used and dirty as his insides, he did so with a sad smile.

He got through the door and all the way to his bed without waking anyone, despite some close calls with various tables and potted plants and as he fell in to bed he dug his phone out from the bag. There were a couple of notifications, but nothing important, not until he got to the end. There, staring at him from just after he'd given up on the device, was a message from Magnus. It was simple, nothing more than an image, and yet it felt like a punch in the face. Taako hadn't fucked it up, not back then at least. But after this... Who knew. He rolled over with a groan and fell asleep instantly despite the snake unfurling itself in his gut.

Magnus had gone to sleep that night, anxiety twisting in the pit of his stomach while staring at the message that had obviously been delivered but not seen yet. Had Taako become bored? He did strike Magnus as the kind of guy with interests jumping wildly between the other. Magnus couldn’t blame him, not keen at all to sit around and wait for things to change in his life.

He’d say something tomorrow. He’d be blunt with Taako, as he saw that as one of his strengths. Taako was confusing and intriguing, and Magnus was determined on getting to know more of the mystery on his hands.

Just as that little tingle of excitement rushed through his chest, another pang came in the form of an image. A memory of a girl, back when they both were young. Magnus had thought of her as a mystery back then, too.
Swallowing, he promised himself to be careful, turning off the lights and closing his eyes.

--

Stepping off the bus the morning after, Magnus stifled a yawn threatening to break though. He’d spent the night tossing and turning, dreaming of languid smiles and cotton candy hair. Berating himself the entire morning for the imagery his mind had conjured up for him, Magnus determinedly shook it off. Like he promised himself, talking to Taako was the priority the moment he saw him-

Looking up into the crowd of people, he wasn’t entirely surprised to spot the violet hair and colorful clothes among the masses quite quickly. “Hey, Taako!” he called over the school yard, jogging over with a smile on his face.

Waking up after just a few hours, all of which he had spent tossing and turning, was hell. There was nothing Taako wanted to do more than flip over, bury his face in the pillow, and sleep the day away. And yet he found himself getting up and ready for school. It wasn't as if he was against skipping class, quite the opposite, but for some reason here he was, next to Lup, on his way to school.

There really was no justifying to himself that he was here. None beyond some unreasonable idea of everything righting itself with Magnus. But, given who Taako was, how he was, that was not going to happen. Ever. No, Taako didn't do 'I'm sorry's, or 'there was a misunderstanding's, or 'I hope you weren't hurt's. No long heartfelt conversations and explanations of what had gone down, no excuses via sharing personal info, and most certainly no 'I made a mistake's. None of that was Taako's MO.

But it seemed it might be Magnus'.

Pulling a mask of self assured confidence and boredom over his tired and worried face Taako sized the approaching boy up. Magnus was smiling, for some unholy reason, and damn it all to hell that was a smile Taako wouldn't mind seeing more. "Hiya, deadlift." Despite his facade of security, Taako was worrying his lip, it wasn't as if Magnus could do something to fuck him over but it still felt like disappointing him would be so much worse than disappointing himself, like it somehow mattered what Magnus thought about him. "How'd the gym go?"

The generally disinterested look on Taako's face made Magnus falter somewhat. Sure, the same expression seemed to have been permanently on Taako yesterday, but it had felt like his actions had spoken against it. Maybe he just had one of those faces, Magnus rationalized.

Not letting the smile on his face lessen, he strode up to the twins, giving a small wave to Lup too. Getting a self-assured wink in response, Magnus decided he liked Taako's sister. “Hah, I actually went on a run instead. Just wanted to look around.” He said cheerily, squashing the brimming anxiety down and away to keep the conversation going. “Actually, do you live closeby? I came across this garden-like place- there was this name plate with- uh, Hightower? Highchurch, I think?” He rambled somewhat while pursing his lips in thought, cursing his uneven memory.

He decided it better not to talk about the text incident right when seeing Taako again. Better easing him into it, asking when it felt a little less of a pressing matter. Maybe they could even laugh it off. There was also something… something that made Magnus want to ignore any problems for a while. Awkwardness was bound to happen in new friendships, but Magnus was determined on making as little of it as he could.

Magnus seemed to be rushing headfirst into this, with absolutely no regard for the awkwardness he might cause. For a moment it pissed Taako off immensely, how dare this new kid be this confident? How could he just rush into something, be this clear and upfront with his behaviour? The frankness terrified Taako who never did anything unless he was behind at least seven layers of sarcasm and feigned disinterest. Magnus terrified him, Magnus and his brashness, his emotions, the heart he seemed to wear on his sleeve... And yet, those very same things were some of the most intriguing things Taako had ever encountered.

"Highchurch. And yeah, that would be Merle, our foster... well, our foster Merle." He was testing Magnus, and Lup would be the only one who knew. If you couldn't get with the Taaco twina odd family ties, you couldn't get with the Taaco twins at all. "I didn't know you lived that close to us? Why would you move there at all?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back