• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Different (Purely an interest check/questions)

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

This used to be an old RP on another site, and I thought I could bring it to life here.

You sigh. You haven't even gotten out of bed yet and you already feel horrible. You don't want to go to school. You know it will suck. You don't want to experience the hurt. The pain. The suffering. You want to throw away your feelings. You want to avoid getting harassed and bullied. You just want to be normal.

But you aren't. You're different. Sure, you have a weird accent or you have a weird quirk. You like the type of person you aren't supposed to. You don't dress properly. You act differently from everyone else. You're family life is terrible, and it might show at school. You're hated by everyone, or you’re loved by everyone. You might not have any friends. You might not want any friends. None of that really matters, because I mean Different.

You don't realize it now, but you have powers. They haven't surfaced yet. The powers are whatever you make of them. You can learn to control them, or you can choose to let them run wild. You aren't alone. You aren't the only Different.

You roll out of your bed and turn on your computer. You joined a website last night. A website for people like you. You were hesitant; you were so hesitant. You were worried someone would recognize you. Even though you have a different screen name, you still worried. It's only natural for you to be. After all, you had no idea there were people like you in your town.

You see you have a message from someone. You open it, nervous. "Hello! I'm the President of this group, and I'm just telling you, since your new and stuff, that a meeting will be held tomorrow. Where it will be and at what time is on our homepage. You don't have to come. I can understand if you don't want to. We're here to help though. If you do come, there is no obligation for you to say anything or do anything. You can just listen. We want all of our members to feel comfortable, both around us and around themselves. Anyways, I have to study for a test I'm bound to fail so I'll say au revoir. ^u^"

You reread the message and sigh. You would have to tell your parents you were going out if you decide to go. You look at the time and frown, seeing it's that time you started getting ready for school. You'll decide on the walk to hell. You turn off your computer and start on your normal morning routine.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~

You are currently hiding behind a brick wall. You had accidentally said something that set an already angry classmate into an even deeper pit of fury. Now you had to hide until they gave up on you. Thankfully the school day was over. You hear them yell for you and you move further down the wall.

"An easier way to get out of this situation would be to scare them." You gasp and look at the girl who talked to you. She had a boys haircut. "Do you want me to scare them away for you?"

"I don't want to scare them. I just want them to leave me alone. I don't need anymore enemies." You look to the ground and sigh.

"Enemies are dangerous." The girl picks up a rock and smiles at you. She throws it over the wall and you hear a metal clank.

You flinch when the classmate who had been searching for you shouts. You look at the girl and peer around the wall, sighing when you see they're gone. You look back at the girl and smile a small smile. "Thanks."

"I'm always willing to help." She walks back towards the field you ran through and looks at you. "Well I flunked a test so I have to go to detention. Be careful when you go back to the front of the school. I would go through the school. That's safer than going around." She waves to you and you slowly wave back.

Going through the school was just as dangerous as going around the school. You know this. You sigh again and make your way to the school building. Maybe you can sneak through the hallways.

When you arrive at your house you get bombarded with questions. "Where have you been? Are you hurt? Did something happen? Are you hungry? What kind of homework do you have?" You shrug and tell your mom you’re going to your room. She asks if you want a snack and you decline, heading up the stairs.

You turn your computer back on and go to the website from this morning. You notice the bulletin board and read where the meeting will be. It’s in a candy shop. You don’t know exactly where it is, but you know the street it’s on.

You sigh and look at your ceiling. Maybe you could make some friends. You wanted a friend. And the meeting is after school. Tomorrow is Friday. You think for a moment and smile. You could go.

And you do. But something happens at that meeting, and your whole life changes. You get powers. You start to get hunted. You’re life gets put in danger, and you soon have to trust complete strangers. You get mad at them and you befriend them, and you start to like them. You experience things you might not have experienced beforehand.

That’s just the fun part of being Different, though.

P L O T : You’re a teenager who’s Different. You’re different in many ways, and most people judge you based on it. You aren’t “normal”. You decide to look around for a place or group or person who can relate to you. You stumble upon a website who's founders just so happens to live in the town same town as you. You go to the first meeting, after some consideration, and you feel welcomed by the founders. A storm then strikes and you’re trapped in the meeting with people you don’t know. You feel nervous. The strange feeling in your chest isn’t making it any better.

That strange feeling in your chest is the power inside of you growing. It’s starting to surface. You have absolutely no idea you have the power though, and when it suddenly bursts out of you you freak out. You panic and so does everyone else.

Since that power surfaced, you woke up the other realm. The other realm creatures are hungry. They want to eat. They feast on powers. The powers that you have, you need. If they leave you, then you lose a part of your soul.

You now have to fight to protect your powers, and you have to figure out just what exactly is going on with you. It’s a tough life for you now, and only those who were at the meeting that stormy night know what’s going on. To band together and fight the creatures by yourself or to go it alone is all dependent on you.

S E T T I N G : The setting is the town of Wickersville. The setting changes from the houses of the characters to the school, the candy store, any other stores, the forest surrounding the town, and anywhere in the town the characters go. The town in general has a homely feel, and even if a character is new to town they feel like they grew up there. There are all sorts of trees everywhere, there’s a park in the middle of the town square with luscious green grass, and there are lots of bridges crossing over rivers. There are small shops run by families, and the library is large. The school building is also large. The two large buildings are on the outskirts of the town, right in front of the forest.

Just tell me if you'd be interested in doing this, please! Ask any questions you have with the information I've provided, and if enough people are interested I will make the actual thread and add more info. Thanks for viewing ;>

I am interested in this. Also, what do you mean by the site where people are like him? Because at first you said that he doesn't realize he has powers yet right, and that he classifies himself as socially different. If so, does that mean there are also normal human beings in that site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back