• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern DID Roleplay!

Flufflebun

Magic Eight Ball
Heya all! I've had this OC for a while that has DID, or dissociative identity disorder. If you don't know what that is, its basically a mental illness where due to early repeated childhood trauma, the mind creates amnesia walls to cope before a child's personality is able to be realized and formed. This results in many different symptoms including amnesia, dissociation, and the presence of different personalities or alternate states of consciousness (alters). These alters typically have roles within the system, though not always. Alters can look different than the body. They can be any gender, race, age, sexuality, and personality.

Like I said, I have had this OC for a while. I've done everything I could to make sure that this OC was not offensive or shedding a bad light on people with DID. But I feel like I don't use them often enough and would like to do so.

I've made this OC in both a male body and female body version, so obviously what pairing we do is largely up to you. This roleplay likely will have mentions of triggering topics, though never glorifying or lingering on them for too long.

I have a couple of plots in mind for this OC, and I wouldn't mind if your OC had DID as well as long as this was done correctly and respectfully.

DM me if you're interested in this! Feel free to ask questions, I'll do my best to answer them based on the research I've done and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back