• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Dice roll thread: Vanilla D&D 5E campaign

Exactly what he said would be a perfect epitaph.

Im telling you, choose ugly and have your spells go off of intelligence instead of charisma.

The "Masked Warlock" has a nice ring to it i might add.

Like "Faceless One" in an RA Salvator novel
We already have a disfigured character who wears a mask however.

Gonna put the -4 on Str. Felix suffers from a rare disease that atrophies his muscles and saps his physical strength. So when his parents disappeared he refused to be weak and a patron recognized his unbreakable will and bestowed him with frightening magic power.

Stats (updated with Protector Aasimar racial bonuses):

Gonna put the -4 on Str. Felix suffers from a rare disease that atrophies his muscles and saps his physical strength. So when his parents disappeared he refused to be weak and a patron recognized his unbreakable will and bestowed him with frightening magic power.

Stats (updated with Protector Aasimar racial bonuses):
Giving the character the same name as one of the players is going to get confusing.

who needs fists when you have ELDRITCH BLAST

(also I didn't know Felix was a taken name. I'll change)

He collects secrets, and harvests power from people's dreams where their subconscious intersects with the Astral Plane. He can learn and collect people's secrets by entering their dreams. He communicates with Io almost exclusively at nightime or while Io is asleep/unconscious. Other than that, he is overall mysterious and shadowy. When he makes himself visible, he prefers to manifest his form as a shimmering silhouette of shadowy nebulas and stars, or as a cosmic snake with planets for eyes and scales of starlight.

Just my two cents, but too many Warlocks make their patrons get magic free cards. In setting becoming a Warlock is by far the easiest way to become a magic user, but it requires a pact. The Patron is never something that can be trusted, and I don't think the deal should ever be something easy. You are now a pawn in a game bigger than yourself, a tool to manipulate the material plane for the agenda of an unknowable creature probably at war with numerous other such creatures.

He collects secrets, and harvests power from people's dreams where their subconscious intersects with the Astral Plane. He can learn and collect people's secrets by entering their dreams. He communicates with Io almost exclusively at nightime or while Io is asleep/unconscious. Other than that, he is overall mysterious and shadowy. When he makes himself visible, he prefers to manifest his form as a shimmering silhouette of shadowy nebulas and stars, or as a cosmic snake with planets for eyes and scales of starlight.
Your patron seems especially creepy for a kid to handle, but I like that aspect. Do you want me to play him as a wild card in the rp or do you want to control him and just roll to see if he helps or hurts you?

Just my two cents, but too many Warlocks make their patrons get magic free cards. In setting becoming a Warlock is by far the easiest way to become a magic user, but it requires a pact. The Patron is never something that can be trusted, and I don't think the deal should ever be something easy. You are now a pawn in a game bigger than yourself, a tool to manipulate the material plane for the agenda of an unknowable creature probably at war with numerous other such creatures.
I won't let that happen, but I'm sure villain king wouldn't do that. Patrons are really awesome and I hope it will be a fun factor here

Play him as a wild card. Io is a child that still doesn't fully understand what he's gotten himself into, he is just glad that he has power now.

We could do something where Io is forced to learn the Dream spell and SecretSenpai every so often makes Io use it to invade people's privacy. Or some other regular thing where Lord of Secrets comes checking in and makes Io run some morally grey errand.

Oh also, Lord of Secrets is coincidentally Io's criminal contact for his background. I figure it makes sense thematically.

Man, it's going to hurt this not being pathfinder where I can just buy Sleeves of Many Garments. I'm going to have to buy so many sets of clothes. Anyone know how long it takes to change clothes?

We could do something where Io is forced to learn the Dream spell and SecretSenpai every so often makes Io use it to invade people's privacy. Or some other regular thing where Lord of Secrets comes checking in and makes Io run some morally grey errand.
Oh also, Lord of Secrets is coincidentally Io's criminal contact for his background. I figure it makes sense thematically.
I was thinking the same thing and it makes me wonder how the group will react if they find out you're snooping on others, then possibly on them.

Man, it's going to hurt this not being pathfinder where I can just buy Sleeves of Many Garments. I'm going to have to buy so many sets of clothes. Anyone know how long it takes to change clothes?
Probably can change really fast as long as you're not in plain sight. If you go to the market and buy up a bunch of clothes, I dont see the harm in changing 3-4 times a quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back