• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I really like it, love the ingenuity and attention to Babylonian culture. But maybe tweak the numbers? I was leaning towards mythological creatures being more of a minority. Maybe have the Gillmen be a ruling caste of high priests? Or if that is too small a share, perhaps go 50/50? I also kind of feel that the Gillmen look way too close to regular people in the art you chose, especially if they lay eggs and reach maturity so quickly. Maybe go with a slightly more fishlike appearance? For example, the art on your flag. Just some ideas.

I think I should better define the race. What do you think about this?

I made the Gillman a minority racial group (20%) and found a fishier image. The race is considered children of the water god by the human citizens of Asiku to explain why they're in power.

Regarding Amphibious Fertility: I'm thinking they can spawn up to two dozen eggs which take 3 months to hatch, they're cute little tadpole-like creatures for a year-ish, after which they turn into toddlers and reach adulthood around 12 years old. Does that sound good/not OP?

Also, the Gillman have both gills and lungs. They can be out of water for extended periods of time - days even, but they might have to soak in a bath at night to keep their skin moisture up. That's why the baths and gardens are such a key part of the public infrastructure in Asiku. If that sounds right to you, I'll add it to my CS.

I made the Gillman a minority racial group (20%) and found a fishier image. The race is considered children of the water god by the human citizens of Asiku to explain why they're in power.

Regarding Amphibious Fertility: I'm thinking they can spawn up to two dozen eggs which take 3 months to hatch, they're cute little tadpole-like creatures for a year-ish, after which they turn into toddlers and reach adulthood around 12 years old. Does that sound good/no OP?

Also, the Gillman have both gills and lungs. They can be out of water for extended periods of time - days even, but they might have to soak in a bath at night to keep their skin moisture up. That's why the baths and gardens are such a key part of the public infrastructure in Asiku. If that sounds right to you, I'll add it to my CS.
That works great! I just felt it needed a bit more of an explanation and something to distinguish them from regular people.

Regarding Amphibious Fertility: I'm thinking they can spawn up to two dozen eggs which take 3 months to hatch, they're cute little tadpole-like creatures for a year-ish, after which they turn into toddlers and reach adulthood around 12 years old. Does that sound good/not OP?

Also if you are going to make the Gillmen a smaller proportion of the population, maybe you could add the Fertility thing to be a blessing for the humans too? Like maybe they have twins consistently?

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Maybe a darker solution... they don't keep all the hatchlings...? But, I did just write in human twins as prominent figures in my CS! So I do like that too. It could be the water god's reward for their dutiful service.

Thanks for pushing me to better define them. I think this is going to be great.

One suggestion you may consider: you could take the blank provincial map and color code it to add physical geography before the game begins. For example, yellow provinces are deserts and green ones are forests. As players, it'd be nice to reference where we might want to expand/how to role play in that space.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Maybe a darker solution... they don't keep all the hatchlings...? But, I did just write in human twins as prominent figures in my CS! So I do like that too. It could be the water god's reward for their dutiful service.

One suggestion you may consider: you could take the blank provincial map and color code it to add physical geography before the game begins. For example, yellow provinces are deserts and green ones are forests. As players, it'd be nice to reference where we might want to expand/how to role play in that space.
Sure thing!

This will be the same kind of color coding I'll be using but instead the Plains and Farmlands will be the same color.

There’s totally some kind of insane hundred-armed sentient elephants further east, at this rate.

shrug i just needed a desert of death with very little water as i have an idea for the worms

I thought we were assuming he wasn’t coming, but ok, this will still do. Guess they’re going to be the Carthage then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back