• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Diadochi Dialogues

Discord OOC?

• Move to Discord

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Stay Here

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Perfect! I think we're on the same wavelength. In the northernmost territory that I have selected, I plan to make a large river delta, and the rest will be desert flood plains surrounded by dunes at my borders. I'll get a char sheet dune now.

Well I tend to be a magic fan so we will see might spend the whole rp just getting the leader to be the leader

Let me know what you think of the CS I posted. If you hate the Gillman race + Babylonian culture idea - or anything I've included, I am very open to fixing it.

Let me know what you think of the CS I posted. If you hate the Gillman race + Babylonian culture idea - or anything I've included, I am very open to fixing it.
I really like it, love the ingenuity and attention to Babylonian culture. But maybe tweak the numbers? I was leaning towards mythological creatures being more of a minority. Maybe have the Gillmen be a ruling caste of high priests? Or if that is too small a share, perhaps go 50/50? I also kind of feel that the Gillmen look way too close to regular people in the art you chose, especially if they lay eggs and reach maturity so quickly. Maybe go with a slightly more fishlike appearance? For example, the art on your flag. Just some ideas.

Last edited:
Just letting you guys know, but “ho Megas” is an epithet meaning “the Great” just like how “Auletes” is “the flautist” or “Philotheor” is “god-lover.”

isn't megalos the island, though? surely you would go by city name, like "of Corinth"

I mean, if you’re going by city, Alexander III would be “ho Aigai” because he was from the Macedonian capital of Aigai.

But yeah, it's perfectly fine in Greek to use the island they came from if they were on an island. Even if it was a big one like Crete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back