• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Devour the Darkness

The Last Avatar
August 11, 2017 - Scientists made a discovery that would forever change the fate of the world. They discovered a new type of cellular organism with the potential to evolve and adapt to any and all possible variants. They believed this discovery could be used to benefit humankind.

March 27, 2020 - A new unidentified life form was discovered dead off the western coast of America. Tests determined that the new creature possessed the same cellular structure that the scientists had been studying. Not long after that, multiple reports came in from half a dozen different countries reporting the same incidents.

July 8, 2020 - More sightings of these unidentified creatures were reported across the world, but what gained global attention was when these creature became hostile, attacking humans indiscriminately. Many died in the ensuing chaos. The scientists had no answers. Unbeknownst to anyone, the horrors had only begun.

January 18, 2021 - Humanity was at war, and they were losing. The organism that the scientists were studying all those years ago had evolved beyond control. Mutating to incredibly dangerous and destructive monsters that were invulnerable to conventional weapons. Mankind's population was decimated, reducing the world's population to just 500,000 in such a short time.

October 12, 2025 - Humanity now exists in barrier cities, protected from the monsters that have destroyed the world. Elite warriors known as Slayers are the only things that protect us from total destruction. Three years ago, scientists discovered that the only way to kill the Daemons, was with something of a similar structure. So they crafted God Arcs. Only a select few are capable of wielding these powerful weapons, and with them our hope rest for a future.

This is where you come in. You are a new Slayer, just bestowed your God Arc and tasked with defending the last remnants of Humanity while we strive to find a way to destroy the Daemons forever.

Comments/Thoughts/Interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Idea

Slayers - Soldiers that are trained to kill Daemons. They possess an innate power that allows them to fight against Daemons

God Arcs - Weapons that are created by exposing a Slayer to a live or die situation, the result is their power awakens and creates a weapon that is capable of both harming and killing Daemons. Not much is understood by the general populace except the explanation that the God Arcs are similar to the Daemons, somehow. More will be explained as the RP progresses. This process of creating a God Arc can only be done with established methods, God Arcs cannot be created by a Slayer alone.

Last Remnants - Last remaining survivors of the human race, less then 1 million humans still exist when the RP starts.

Daemons - Daemons come in different sizes with different abilities, which places them in classes. Class range from Small Class (Small Daemons with little power, but capable of killing dozens of humans with ease), to Titan Class (Enormous Daemons with incredible power capable of destroying cities and killing multiple Slayers with little effort.)

Mutations - Daemons can mutate, or evolve. Some mutations can be small and inconsequential, while other times, Daemons can become something much stronger and far more dangerous when placed under heavy stress. Only 1/1000 Daemons evolve in such circumstances.

Conventional Weapons - Guns, bombs, gasses, bio-weapons have no effect on Daemons at all.

Ithreal said:
@Idea
Slayers - Soldiers that are trained to kill Daemons. They possess an innate power that allows them to fight against Daemons

God Arcs - Weapons that are created by exposing a Slayer to a live or die situation, the result is their power awakens and creates a weapon that is capable of both harming and killing Daemons. Not much is understood by the general populace except the explanation that the God Arcs are similar to the Daemons, somehow. More will be explained as the RP progresses. This process of creating a God Arc can only be done with established methods, God Arcs cannot be created by a Slayer alone.

Last Remnants - Last remaining survivors of the human race, less then 1 million humans still exist when the RP starts.

Daemons - Daemons come in different sizes with different abilities, which places them in classes. Class range from Small Class (Small Daemons with little power, but capable of killing dozens of humans with ease), to Titan Class (Enormous Daemons with incredible power capable of destroying cities and killing multiple Slayers with little effort.)

Mutations - Daemons can mutate, or evolve. Some mutations can be small and inconsequential, while other times, Daemons can become something much stronger and far more dangerous when placed under heavy stress. Only 1/1000 Daemons evolve in such circumstances.

Conventional Weapons - Guns, bombs, gasses, bio-weapons have no effect on Daemons at all.
so, anyone can become a slayer?

Why did those bits of humanity survive? Is there any pattern between them?

Why don´t all daemons evolve?

Why can any weapons affect Daemons if bombs, gasses, guns and bio-weapons can´t?

Idea said:
so, anyone can become a slayer?
Why did those bits of humanity survive? Is there any pattern between them?

Why don´t all daemons evolve?

Why can any weapons affect Daemons if bombs, gasses, guns and bio-weapons can´t?
No, it takes someone with a relatively rare genetic element to possibly become a Slayer, and even if you have this element it does not mean you will become one. Many die in the process of acquiring their God Arcs, it's that dangerous. What that genetic element is called the Daemon Factor, or daemon cells that have been assimilated into a human. Only those born after the Daemons truly began to terrorize humanity are born with this element.

Most of the survivors are people that managed to hide from the Daemons or the children from those survivors. The discovery of the God Arcs is what has allowed humanity to start to slowly rebuild.

Daemons don't evolve without a reason. Not every Daemon can evolve.

That last question will be addressed in the RP

Ithreal said:
No, it takes someone with a relatively rare genetic element to possibly become a Slayer, and even if you have this element it does not mean you will become one. Many die in the process of acquiring their God Arcs, it's that dangerous. What that genetic element is called the Daemon Factor, or daemon cells that have been assimilated into a human. Only those born after the Daemons truly began to terrorize humanity are born with this element.
Most of the survivors are people that managed to hide from the Daemons or the children from those survivors. The discovery of the God Arcs is what has allowed humanity to start to slowly rebuild.

Daemons don't evolve without a reason. Not every Daemon can evolve.

That last question will be addressed in the RP
hmm....Well, I think I´m pulling out. Still, good luck with your RP, and thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

@Ithreal What is the preferred post length? Nice idea by the way.

Edit: Thank you for the information, I'm interested. Looking forward to it!

@VioletShadow I would say a preferred length be above 2 paragraphs. More is welcome so long as it's not a paragraph about the detail concerning the color of the sky. (I have seen posts like this O.o ) If people can't post a lot, I prefer relevance to detail

Arvis90 said:
How come Idea? This sounds interesting to me!
It´s a very personal reason. I can´t stand the idea of "good demons", it´s just too contradictory to me (among other things). The idea itself here is good, if well executed, but I wouldn´t quite into it.

Idea said:
It´s a very personal reason. I can´t stand the idea of "good demons", it´s just too contradictory to me (among other things). The idea itself here is good, if well executed, but I wouldn´t quite into it.
Where exactly did I say "good demons"?

Idea said:
You said the slayers had daemon genes or cells. The characters are, generally, not straight up evil. Hence, "good demons".
I don't think that makes them "good demons". What would seperate the slayers from daemons is the fact that while a daemon is naturally born evil and powerful, a human is born neutral and weak, and a slayer is a human who gets power later in life, but still keeps a human consciousness.

Sullivanity said:
I don't think that makes them "good demons". What would seperate the slayers from daemons is the fact that while a daemon is naturally born evil and powerful, a human is born neutral and weak, and a slayer is a human who gets power later in life, but still keeps a human consciousness.
it´s a matter of principle. The way I always phrase that limit is "anything pertaining to the demonic or divine". Besides, here´s the point, if you sell your soul to kill a demon, aren´t you a demon yourself in a way?

Idea said:
it´s a matter of principle. The way I always phrase that limit is "anything pertaining to the demonic or divine". Besides, here´s the point, if you sell your soul to kill a demon, aren´t you a demon yourself in a way?
The Slayers are humans. Their Daemon Factor is just simply a biological part of them that gives them a fighting chance. Ironically, those with high levels of Daemon Factor usually die a painful death. There is no divine anything, just monsters vs humans. No soul selling either

Ithreal said:
The Slayers are humans. Their Daemon Factor is just simply a biological part of them that gives them a fighting chance. Ironically, those with high levels of Daemon Factor usually die a painful death. There is no divine anything, just monsters vs humans. No soul selling either
it was a metaphor I used to try and convey my point. The name "daemons", though, was clearly taken from the word "demon"...

Though, if it´s not demons that are envisioned here, I suppose I´ll give it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back