News Details about the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our post count isn't going to be reset is it?  Sorry, I wasn't around for the August update, so I'm not sure what happens during it.  x.x

So I'm a bit confused (please forgive me) 

so will all our roleplays still be here.. like we won't have to start roleplays again or anything? I re read the post like a good few times and I just wanted to make sure that our roleplays or even Private messages will still be here, :)  

thankyou! 

So I'm a bit confused (please forgive me) 

so will all our roleplays still be here.. like we won't have to start roleplays again or anything? I re read the post like a good few times and I just wanted to make sure that our roleplays or even Private messages will still be here, :)  

thankyou! 

Everything will be here :).

Our post count isn't going to be reset is it?  Sorry, I wasn't around for the August update, so I'm not sure what happens during it.  x.x

Everything will be fine :)!

Its just some down time to switch the platform, the reason why it takes the 2-4 days is because the other forum software grabs the data including your posts in this one and converts it to that one.

Unless it was answered and I didn't see it or overlooked it, I have 2 simple questions.  

1) Will simple text codes be broken down?  Like in August, everything bold or italic was completely broken down due to BBCodes,  think.  I could be wrong about that detail.  

2) Is the update scheduled yet?  I saw the 19th being the time to have HPs that are inactive archived.  Does that mean the 19th is the start of the update?

Bonus!) I just need personal conformation.  RPs that are active and in action won't be broken up will they?  Just I'd hate to have to look for all threads and tabs related to my RP and reassemble them like last time.  If it all stays together, then hooray! :)  

Bonus!) I just need personal conformation.  RPs that are active and in action won't be broken up will they?  Just I'd hate to have to look for all threads and tabs related to my RP and reassemble them like last time.  If it all stays together, then hooray! :)  

You'll be fine :)!

1) Will simple text codes be broken down?  Like in August, everything bold or italic was completely broken down due to BBCodes,  think.  I could be wrong about that detail.  

Bolds and italics should be fine.

2) Is the update scheduled yet?  I saw the 19th being the time to have HPs that are inactive archived.  Does that mean the 19th is the start of the update?

Assuming everything goes according to plan, the 19th is the goal for the update as well :)!

You'll be fine :)!

Bolds and italics should be fine.

Assuming everything goes according to plan, the 19th is the goal for the update as well :)!

Hooray!  Thank you so much for letting me know!  I always get nervous when I hear about updates.  Thanks for clearing it up! :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just in response to Pen, whew!  Bio Strike, our main RP got destroyed last time xD plus our friend Marorda started a new one as well.  Good to know they will be okay xD

Oooooof course Lady xD  I'd be lest without you and Mar xD  And the gracious RPN Staff.  

It is nice to know that everything will be okay this time around.  But I'm saving everything juuuuust in case ;)  

i've been very minimalistic with my hosted project (see my signature for the link), do I risk it being turned in to a normal thread? I'd rather it not, as I would like to expand upon it in the future.

I just want to say that I am super stoked for this move! I love and miss XF. Though one thing... Why would you pay for software that you had already bought? IPS is like $200+ any addons you want from the devs. Will you be reselling it or keeping it on the back burner?

Im fairly new to RPN so i wasnt here for the august update, and im pretty confused. Is it going to unfollow the people we follow?? [Edit: also does it effect the signature any???]

I missed the old rating system. Was much more satisfying when someone left a nice scene or said it was dramatic, as opposed to a general like. r.i.p cool html trickzzzzz

I remember asking this in the previous thread, but given that it looks like some tests have been done, I'd like to ask again;

Will my Roleplay's layout (When you click on the link) change at all? I remember disliking the tab system prior to the switch because it looks so unorganised. I'm mainly worried about the set up I have here, where I have the Main Thread, which shows all of the different threads and has a description for each thread. Will this remain the same (apart from the background image that you confirmed last time won't transfer), and is it recommended to save anything?

Outer Me: Cewl~

Inner Me:

Q6Ce3Ky.gif

I remember asking this in the previous thread, but given that it looks like some tests have been done, I'd like to ask again;

Will my Roleplay's layout (When you click on the link) change at all? I remember disliking the tab system prior to the switch because it looks so unorganised. I'm mainly worried about the set up I have here, where I have the Main Thread, which shows all of the different threads and has a description for each thread. Will this remain the same (apart from the background image that you confirmed last time won't transfer), and is it recommended to save anything?

Again,

The only thing going away for a little while is all of this part:

chrome_2017-02-11_04-25-39.png

The actual forums won't be touched.

Again,

The only thing going away for a little while is all of this part:

The actual forums won't be touched.

Ah, okay. I thought I should ask again because of the tests you guys (and gals!) had done. Thanks for the confirmation :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back