News Details about the Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a stupid question, but will there still be the option to keep information like your birthday private? Like, so it doesn't appear on your profile?

This is such a stupid question, but will there still be the option to keep information like your birthday private? Like, so it doesn't appear on your profile?

Not a stupid question.  I don't like all my info out on the internets either. ^;3^   There should be an option to hide it, yes.

Are we going to have a button like the current "My Hosted Project Memberships"? I found that really convenient because I'm too lazy to bookmark content I go to frequently

Hey All,

So assuming that nothing happens in real life, the switch should begin on February 19 (no exact hour yet).

Here are a few things to note:

• Unlike the august update, your existing RP Urls WILL correctly redirect to the proper format for the upcoming forum software. No need to have to hunt for your content after the switch due to URLs changing.
  • BBCode library will be up and fully functional with a couple of new ones.
  • Followers will not transfer over.
  • We will still have a a color me and dark style (with color me functionality!) and a default style.
  • The site will be insanely faster, thank the dark gods.
  • Post Ratings are a go! (different likes)
  • The site will only be offline for 2-4 days this time around. This is all  mostly due to how fast the import process can transfer all of the site's content into a new platform.
  • As mentioned in the previous announcement, make sure that to save all your blog content if you were one of the few to use that.
  • If you use the book marks feature located here: https://www.rpnation.com/bookmarks/ please make sure to save your bookmarks, we will obviously have a bookmarks functionality but the addon can't import to the other addon. You'll easily find all your bookmarked content again by keeping the URL and just pasting it in your browser, as explained in the first point. At which point you'll be able to bookmark it again using the site's functionality.
  • Sometime before the 19th all inactive HPs should be archived. Active HPs will have a disruption in terms of all the cool functionality. Your HP will become a forum with all your threads in inside of it and subforums. Just like the good old days. Once we are on the new software you can recreate your roles and other neat stuff again.
  • Posts that use HTML will look scary until cleaned up after the move. Make note! PS: BBCode Posts look gorgeous again
  • If you sign in with twitter/facebook you might need to reset your password using the forgotten link and reestablish connection with those services after the move.
  • No Threads/Users/Posts/Content will be lost as usual with these imports across software.

As usual if you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :)!

Will we have to re follow people like last time?

Hey, guys. 

I just wanted to say thank you I know you all are working so hard on this site ❤️

And I do miss bbcode, last time I fiddled with html I almost destroyed a page in a hosted project XD

It was a good thing that i took screenshots of my followers list before the update. 2-4 huh? I can wait that long. hopefully... The last time RPNation got updated my mouth nearly foamed. But hey i hope the wait is all worth it. #MakeRPNationGreatAgain 

I have to say, after reading so many obvious questions that could've been answered if they had read the original posts about this update, I'm a bit disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will there be a tool where you can prevent people from viewing your profile?

ANOTHER QUESTION OCCURRED TO ME (I'm sorry)

Will the character things exist as one thread like before? Or in Hosted Projects will they still be a separate forum?

(Does that make sense?)

I had a few more questions pop into my head. 

Firstly, there is one good thing I have learned with this forum over xenoforo. Drafts are saved so much more often. I've never started writing something and then lost it. It is always here even if I log out and come back and in some cases, it still stays in the typing box even after I've posted it (odd, but better than losing it). Is xenoforo supposed to be as good at saving drafts? I remember when we were in it before, things got lost more often than they do here. 

Also, is there a way to make it so that when you edit in a tag on xenoforo, it sends a notification? On the old site, editing in a tag after posting did nothing. Here, if I edit in a tag late, a notification is still sent. 

@The Dark Wizard @SachiGrl asked if her badges would transfer over or get lost again like last time. 

I could've sworn I answered this, but I'm too lazy/don't have time to look it up and see.

Badges won't transfer automatically, but I've compiled a list that shows who has what, as of yesterday.  During/after the transfer we'll get them issued back out.  If anyone is still missing some a week or so after the update, have them PM me and I'll get it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back