Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So assuming that nothing happens in real life, the switch should begin on February 19 (no exact hour yet).

Here are a few things to note:

• Unlike the august update, your existing RP Urls WILL correctly redirect to the proper format for the upcoming forum software. No need to have to hunt for your content after the switch due to URLs changing.
  • BBCode library will be up and fully functional with a couple of new ones.
  • Followers will not transfer over.
  • We will still have a color me and a dark style (with color me functionality!) and a default style.
  • The site will be insanely faster, thank the dark gods.
  • Post Ratings are a go! (different likes)
  • The site will only be offline for 2-4 days this time around. This is all  mostly due to how fast the import process can transfer all of the site's content into a new platform.
  • As mentioned in the previous announcement, make sure that to save all your blog content if you were one of the few to use that.
  • If you use the book marks feature located here: https://www.rpnation.com/bookmarks/ please make sure to save your bookmarks, we will obviously have a bookmarks functionality but the addon can't import to the other addon. You'll easily find all your bookmarked content again by keeping the URL and just pasting it in your browser, as explained in the first point. At which point you'll be able to bookmark it again using the site's functionality.
  • Sometime before the 19th all inactive HPs should be archived. Active HPs will have a disruption in terms of all the cool functionality. Your HP will become a forum with all your threads in inside of it and subforums. Just like the good old days. Once we are on the new software you can recreate your roles and other neat stuff again.
  • Posts that use HTML will look scary until cleaned up after the move. Make note! PS: BBCode Posts look gorgeous again
  • If you sign in with twitter/facebook you might need to reset your password using the forgotten link and reestablish connection with those services after the move.
  • No Threads/Users/Posts/Content will be lost as usual with these imports across software.

As usual if you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :)!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just have two questions;

1. Do we know for sure if followed content will carry over, or if it'll be lost again after the move? Or are we still uncertain about that?
  2. During the August update, some images I had removed from my galleries had been restored. Will I have to re-hide them again when the site comes back?

During the August update, some images I had removed from my galleries had been restored. Will I have to re-hide them again when the site comes back?

I'm not completely sure on this one, no gallery images have been lost, whether soft hidden or not. Most likely.

Do we know for sure if followed content will carry over, or if it'll be lost again after the move?

Followers do not cross over again, let me add that to the first post, thanks for reminding me!

I'd like to just make sure ONE more time that nothing in Private Workshop will get lost? I have like 50 different role play starting posts typed out there. 

I'd like to just make sure ONE more time that nothing in Private Workshop will get lost? I have like 50 different role play starting posts typed out there. 

The My Private Workshop was in several of my screenshots:

chrome_2017-02-11_00-27-42.png

Obviously the numbers don't match up to the current site if you can see them (not sure if non staff can) because I used an older backup of the site for testing purposes. The final import will use the most up to date version.

I can see the number 37,161. But yeah, that's great. I didn't even notice the work shop in the screen shot since I got so excited over the members online thing in the corner.

The My Private Workshop was in several of my screenshots:

chrome_2017-02-11_00-27-42.png

Obviously the numbers don't match up to the current site if you can see them (not sure if non staff can) because I used an older backup of the site for testing purposes. The final import will use the most up to date version.

Screenshot.png

Edit: Aww, I was too slow T.T

So you're saying the RPs we follow will NOT be automatically unfollowed?

Or are they going to be unfollowed due to the shift

Is there any update on whether or not we'll lose all of our line breaks again? I know I asked this initially and I was told it was unsure. Just checking in again because from the looks of things, some experimentation has been done. 

So you're saying the RPs we follow will NOT be automatically unfollowed?

Or are they going to be unfollowed due to the shift

I know followers themselves won't be transferred over, but what about the threads you follow?

The follow system in general for IPS seems to be borked.

You'll need to rewatch them on xF. Just save the link somewhere to the content you follow to find it again, or use the vastly superior search system we used to have to instantly find anything.

Is there any update on whether or not we'll lose all of our line breaks again? I know I asked this initially and I was told it was unsure. Just checking in again because from the looks of things, some experimentation has been done. 

Maybe?

I've looked at some threads and I can't tell if people just like to hit enter a lot. Trying to find a decent example some where.

Maybe?

I've looked at some threads and I can't tell if people just like to hit enter a lot. Trying to find a decent example some where.

Try a post by Staff-chan, maybe? Are those in your test site? I think it'd be pretty obvious if something were wrong there XD

Also, question that I haven't seen asked yet that I'm actually surprised about. 

In the current site, I get notifications in the lower left corner of my screen even if I don't have RpN open. It's awesome! I know there's a name for them, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I hope the description is enough to make it make sense. 

Will that be a possibility when we transfer back to xenoforo? 

Also, question that I haven't seen asked yet that I'm actually surprised about. 

In the current site, I get notifications in the lower left corner of my screen even if I don't have RpN open. It's awesome! I know there's a name for them, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I hope the description is enough to make it make sense. 

I think I know what you mean. The notification windows that pop up if you set your browser to allow them? They're nice  :smile1:  So are the little "Ding"s whenever one comes up.

They are desktop notifications, I'll find a replacement for them don't worry. Super useful :)

Try a post by Staff-chan, maybe? Are those in your test site? I think it'd be pretty obvious if something were wrong there XD

Paragraphs have two spaces instead of one, so I believe so. I'll see if something can be done.

Will we still be able to link to all the hosted projects we're part of? Like will they show up in a little list for us to be see and navigate from still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back