• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[Haku]

"I want to get a quick snack and head back to the Factions for dinner," Haku states.

Although the Factions did have nice food, it still wasn't as good as some of the specialty restaurants or stores around. Haku leads the group out of the store and into the district filled with food stalls and restaurants of all kinds. Mouthwatering smells permeate the air, the sizzle of freshly made food can be heard--Haku loved this place. She almost made it a point to come here everyday.

She goes up to a kebab stall and orders three lamb skewers for herself. Haku waits in anticipation for her food to finish grilling and focuses her attention back on the group, "Let me know if you want anything around here, Alex. It's easy to lose someone here with everyone bustling about."

Y Yuki no Yue negativenull negativenull

[Alice]

"Sure! Let's sit over there!" Alice points enthusiastically at an empty table.

The trays zip over and settle down at the table Alice had indicated and the wings disappear from them as well.
Alice sits down and immediately starts tearing into a drumstick. The skin is nicely crispy, and the meat is bursting with flavor. Alice dabs at her face with a napkin to wipe up the juices dribbling down her mouth.

"So," Alice says in between bites, "What do you plan on doing in the future with the Factions?"

Spectre558 Spectre558

Lexa Gilliam

Just a quick meal out with some new friends. What was the worst that could happen?

As it turned out, plenty.

The three of them were walking down the main street into town, when a group of hooded figures came at them from the side. All were wearing the exact same outfit, making it difficult to distinguish which was which, other than their varying heights. One thing that was immediately obvious, however, was that they weren't friendly.

The closest of them raised their hand, and a bright plume of green light shot out of it, blinding Lexa instantly. Her slightly-thicker-than-normal skin protected her from the brunt of the blast, with only her clothes singed slightly. In both anger and fear, she shoved the stranger away, and tried to clear her vision. She wasn't stupid, though - she knew she couldn't fight anyone like this.

She ran backwards, grabbing hold of the closest large object she could find. In this case, it turned out to be a postbox. Her mouth closed around the top of it, ripping off a sizeable chunk. Strength instantly flowed through her veins, re-igniting her fighting spirit. With each bite, chewing through it became significantly easier, and soon enough, she'd devoured the entire box. Turning around, she was now twice as tall, her clothes barely clinging on, even being fairly elastic, and her shoes split open.

Her large presence came barrelling down on the offensive group, arms smashing the puny figures aside. She reached down and grabbed the one who'd blinded her earlier, picking him up with both hands.

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne

Ayesha Nawaz

Jesus H. Christ! We just wanted dinner!

This was bad. Sure, I trained with my uncle, who was a decorated Ranger, but I've never actually been in a real fight before. As the hooded figures rush us, I instinctively take a step in fright. One of the hooded figures shoots some sort of green light at Lexa. She doesn't seem hurt too much by it, but she rubs her eyes a little before shoving her attacker away and groping for something to power her up. Some sort of blinding attack, perhaps?

Lexa manages to find a postbox to eat. Having seen her power at work, I have no doubt she'll be plowing through our attackers soon. But I can't just let her do all the work! We're colleagues (well...fellow farmhands...) right? My heart is still beating fast and I'm still incredibly nervous. Thankfully Lexa does as I expect and she charges into the fray, twice as big as she used to be and a lot stronger than usual.

Not every attacker is smashed aside by her rampage however and one decides to target me. 'Alright, Ayesha, calm down, calm down. Just like uncle showed you, right?' The attacker lunges towards and I mange to dodge the attack. Taking advantage of the opening, I grab my attacker's arm and wrench it with all my might, just like uncle showed me. (Un?)fortunately, my own response didn't take into account I'm much, much stronger than I used to be and I rip the arm off. My attacker begins to scream in pain. Holding the appendage for a second until the reality of the situation hits me, I immediately drop the f-ing arm and being to scream in horror as well!

WhipDing WhipDing KanTheOne KanTheOne

Lexa Gilliam

Lexa was mad. And not just normal mad - she was super mad. This was an effect she'd been aware of since her Gift was manifested, and had gotten her into some big trouble in the past - for whatever reason, consuming large amounts of material in a short time like this amplified her already aggressive tendencies. Which, considering her increasing strength, was a pretty bad thing.

She raised the man she was holding over her head, and tossed him with some effort over a nearby fence. At this stage, she had enough control to understand how dangerous she was to other people, and was able to somewhat divert her rage elsewhere. As long as anything didn't piss her off any more, this fight would be over soon enough, without anyone getting too hurt.

Of course, she wouldn't be that lucky.

Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted movement in the distance. Turning to look, she saw exactly what she didn't want to see - a woman, clearly terrified, staring at the ongoing fight with a phone glued to her ear.

It was only a couple of moments before the BDP appeared, a few cars materialising from around the corner. This was going to be bad.

She instinctively took steps towards what she now could only perceive as a threat, nonchalantly kicking aside one of the thugs from earlier. One of the officers called out to keep still, but it was far too late. The slow walk quickly into a sprint, as she rushed towards the nearest vehicle.

Shots rang out, as Lexa lifted a car from the front. It was still too heavy for her to lift entirely, but it was enough for her to begin taking bites out of it. Some of the BDP officers tried to stop her, but to no avail - she easier batted them aside, her power growing with each bite. Soon enough, the entire car was devoured, the occupants bailing out just in time, and Lexa now stood over four times larger than a normal person.

She let out a roar, bullets now mostly ricocheting off her skin. Some managed to embed into her skin, but this just made her angrier. The remains of her clothes flapped around as she smashed one of the officers into the ground, leaving a sizable crater in the ground. Another ended up being thrown into the side of a building. These people were nothing to her now. Nothing at all, just vessels to channel her rage. What she really needed was power. More power.

Looking around, she latched onto the nearest house in the area. Her teeth were strong enough to rip straight through the brick and tiles, the entire roof easily being sucked into her mouth. Screams came from inside, and eventually a pair of people ran out the front door. One managed to escape unharmed, but the other ended up under Lexa's foot, barely noticed as she grew to even larger heights.

Now more than fifty foot tall, Lexa looked out over her new domain. This was her city now. There was nothing anyone could do to stop her. Not the factions, not the police. She was invincible.

That said, she was starting to get tired. She'd consumed a lot of inorganic material, something that had made her strong, but was exactly a great source of energy. She needed something... nutritious.

She looked down at the now puny set of thugs that had started all this. Many of them had ran off, but some of them, presumably with more useful Gifts, had opted to stay and fight. Idiots. They had no idea what they were dealing with. Lexa bent down and grabbed one of them, a grin on her face a she lifted him up to eye-level.

The guy struggled between her fingers, to no avail. Interestingly, his body seemed... oddly squishy. No matter how hard she squeezed him, her seemed to return to his original shape, like a stress ball. Perhaps that was his gift? It didn't matter much to her, she already had a plan for him. Her mouth opened wide, and she slowly moved her hand towards it.

The struggling became more vigorous, as the guy began to understand what was happening.

His screams were muffled as Lexa shoved him into her mouth, teeth crushing down onto him. Annoyingly for her, his gift was disrupting her meal - no matter how much she chewed, it was impossible to break him apart. In the end, she settled for swallowing him whole, his body being forced down her throat, ending his screams.

Now reinvigorated, she made her way back towards the BPD cars, stepping on one, and kicking away another. This was almost too easy. None of these people were presenting her with a challenge at all. There really was nothing they could do. And damn, it made her feel good.

A whirring sound from above distracted her for a second. Glancing up, she could see a helicopter hovering over her, spotlight aimed right at her eyes, blinding her again. She tried to swat at it, but it was just of her reach. Whatever. It wasn't like it was a threat any--

A large net fell over top of her, spiked being fired into the ground to pin it down. She attempted to break free, but somehow, impossibly, she just couldn't. It anything, it seemed to be sapping her strength, her skin seeming to weaken. She growled, but it was no use.

Another net fired out from the copter, this time wrapping around her legs. She stumbled for a moment, before tumbling over onto her front, flattening one unlucky officer. The fall, combined with her now weakened state, was enough to knock her out entirely, her motionlessly body laying motionless in the street, a Lexa-shaped indent smashed into it.

And just like that, her rule was over.

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne [note: I won't be posting for a long time after this, so I wouldn't attempt to interact with Lexa directly anymore. Party control stuff is okay though.]

[Haku]

"I want to get a quick snack and head back to the Factions for dinner," Haku states.

Although the Factions did have nice food, it still wasn't as good as some of the specialty restaurants or stores around. Haku leads the group out of the store and into the district filled with food stalls and restaurants of all kinds. Mouthwatering smells permeate the air, the sizzle of freshly made food can be heard--Haku loved this place. She almost made it a point to come here everyday.

She goes up to a kebab stall and orders three lamb skewers for herself. Haku waits in anticipation for her food to finish grilling and focuses her attention back on the group, "Let me know if you want anything around here, Alex. It's easy to lose someone here with everyone bustling about."

@Yuki no Yue @negativenull

Alexander Cyphre

"Well, as long as you are here to help me, I have a question."

There were a lot of stall and restaurants and the mass of people was impressive, simply crushing.

The chatter was enough to make your head spin and lose your breath.

"What are the typical dish of Derika?"

Miyarkus stood up from the bench to lead them both to the mall, but before he could utter a word to chat idly, the space around him twists and jags, then a rift appeared to envelop the skeleton man whole. It disappeared as fast as it appeared. For the time being, Miyarkus seems to have traveled to whatever pocket dimension this portal leads him to.

Onlookers murmur among themselves as they observe what transpired. Some know full well what happened, others thought it was the work of some Dimensional-related Gifted. Despite this, they all move along after half a minute.

431101134 431101134 (Here ya go, do what ya want for now)

"Im down for dinner" he said happily as they left the area to go eat. This could be nice to go eat and make new friends. Yeah this is gonna be great. He thought to himself as they were walking. Soom enough troubled found its self to us as 3 cloaked figures showed up.

Not now right when i thought this could be a great opportunity for friends this happemds, he thought to himself since he planed for this to go better. Just as he finshed thinking that one sends out a green light towered lexa he looked away just in case, when he got hit by one of the cloaked figures. He got launched far back when he saw lexa eat a postbox and grow he then saw Ayesha start to fight one of them. Soon lexa started tp handle them with Ayesha. Why does this always happeneds when im left out. Soon enough the BDP comes and lexa runs off. A few minutes later she eats a house and cars and grows to super high heights. He then realized whats happening as a heli flies around her, "I just wanted this to be a normal day...and there is no way i can help" he says under his breath.

A net flies over her then another form the heli witch brings her down. She hits the ground hard knocking her out. With the shape of her body. Be turns to Ayesha "what just happened" he said to her he
felt as that just. Happened in a few seconds.
always_confused always_confused WhipDing WhipDing (sorry i was gone for a while i never got a notification form this)

"Im down for dinner" he said happily as they left the area to go eat. This could be nice to go eat and make new friends. Yeah this is gonna be great. He thought to himself as they were walking. Soom enough troubled found its self to us as 3 cloaked figures showed up.

Not now right when i thought this could be a great opportunity for friends this happemds, he thought to himself since he planed for this to go better. Just as he finshed thinking that one sends out a green light towered lexa he looked away just in case, when he got hit by one of the cloaked figures. He got launched far back when he saw lexa eat a postbox and grow he then saw Ayesha start to fight one of them. Soon lexa started tp handle them with Ayesha. Why does this always happeneds when im left out. Soon enough the BDP comes and lexa runs off. A few minutes later she eats a house and cars and grows to super high heights. He then realized whats happening as a heli flies around her, "I just wanted this to be a normal day...and there is no way i can help" he says under his breath.

A net flies over her then another form the heli witch brings her down. She hits the ground hard knocking her out. With the shape of her body. Be turns to Ayesha "what just happened" he said to her he
felt as that just. Happened in a few seconds.

Ayesha Nawaz

As much as it hurts me to say so about a friend, or at least a friendly acquaintance, I'm glad the BPD manage to contain Lexa quickly. I don't know what happen and frankly I'm not in the mood to figure things out right now. Medical personnel swarm the area, working hand in hand with the BPD. One sits me down in the back of an ambulance and gives me a look over. I'm not hurt, but I'm still shaken from being in my first fight...and ripping a dude's arm off. Giving me a few words of comfort, the medic leaves to take a look at the wounded while I just sit and try to make sense of things.

Kugo finds me amidst all the commotion and we get to talk as he asks me about what happened. "Wish I knew, Kugo. One moment we're being attacked these masked people and the next...I don't know. Seems like Lexa's powers went out of control and she went loopy. Can't say, maybe the BPD know more..." What would Vivian say if she was here...

Oh crap! What would Vivian say about all this? That thought jolts me back to the present, all my worries and trauma temporarily pushed aside in a sudden flash. "Kugo...I think we better hitch a ride, or walk, back to the farm. What the hell are we suppose to tell Vivian and Abbey about all this?!"

KanTheOne KanTheOne IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie

Right after she says that he soon too relies. "We should probably go"he said as he sliped out of the area and started to walk back. He still has a little bit of shock from what happend back there but he grown a new type of 'shock' one that says he gonna it in huge trouble.

He turns to Ayesha again "We shouldn't get in trouble with Vivian if we told her that we where just going to take a bite to eat like we planed...right?" He then continues "whats going to happen with lexa is she going to be alright..." He says under his breath and picks up his pace a bit faster. "I possibly could have stopped her...I guess i just got shocked this happened"
always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie

After a bit in the outskirts of the Mental faction building, a portal appears and seems to spew something out quickly. The figure stands straight almost like a statue and the portal closes. The dreamrift seems to have finally decided to release him.

"--We should go to... huh?" Miyarkus asked first but it shifted into confusion. Ayane, or at least one of her bodies is currently not physically present from where he thought they were just a second ago. Actually, something about this moment seems off from a few seconds ago... and that's definitely weird. Miyarkus looks around. He swore he saw some people going around those sidewalks. Now, it's relatively barren aside from some cars passing by. He looks around once more; nope, not a trace of Ayane anywhere. Where could she have gone? Miyarkus decides to message her about her whereabouts, and proceeded to walk across the street, probably to a more central area of crowded people.

(I'll be free to anyone. I think 431101134 431101134 is currently away for the time being.)

Right after she says that he soon too relies. "We should probably go"he said as he sliped out of the area and started to walk back. He still has a little bit of shock from what happend back there but he grown a new type of 'shock' one that says he gonna it in huge trouble.

He turns to Ayesha again "We shouldn't get in trouble with Vivian if we told her that we where just going to take a bite to eat like we planed...right?" He then continues "whats going to happen with lexa is she going to be alright..." He says under his breath and picks up his pace a bit faster. "I possibly could have stopped her...I guess i just got shocked this happened"
always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie

Ayesha Nawaz

As we make our way to the farm, the sun setting fast in the distance, I think about what Kugo says. "I guess you're right. Vivian and Abbey...I think they'd be worried for Lexa's well-being and would find the entire situation unfortunate, but I don't think either is the time to jump to conclusions. Likely we'll still have our jobs as farmhands. Although with Lexa gone it'll be harder going down the line."

The conversation continues along those lines until we eventually do a full circle and get back onto the topic of Lexa's outburst. "I want to say she'll be alright...the cops could've gone lethal, but they decided to take her down non-lethally. I think we can credit the BPD with a good degree of professionalism. She still committed crimes, of course, but maybe they'll go easy since it was in self-defense?"

As we get to the farm and approach the main building to give Vivian and Abbey the news, I speak out once more. I can't let Kugo stir in what-ifs and could-bes. I did...do the same thing myself so many times and I'm not going to pretend it doesn't paralyze me with uncertainty and regrets at times. "Kugo...we don't know the full nature of anyone else's powers but our own. There's no way we could've seen Lexa's outburst coming. I'm not saying things couldn't have gone better, but what happens happens. Maybe you could've stopped her. Maybe I could've held her down before she went overboard. Hell, there were a decent number of trees lining the streets, right? If Vivian were here, maybe she could've made the trees contain Lexa. Maybe Abbey could've made some super-science taser to knock Lexa out. My point is, there's so many ways things could've gone and if we keep worrying about what-ifs and could-have-beens, we're never going to get anywhere. Besides, property damage aside, no innocents were hurt and Lexa was also contained non-lethally. Maybe this could've gone better. But it also could've gone so much worse. Best thing to do now is knuckle up, get to work and be there for her when she gets out. Right?"

Hopefully my rambling stream of words has the desired effect. I hold out a fist, waiting for a fist-bump. I'll probably have nightmares about today, and for more than one reason, but I also have new friends now - even if I just lost one after she went crazy - and a job. This is a new beginning for me. It'll be hard. I'm still carrying the scars and damage from my past, but I can't let that hold me down. I'm going to give it my all from here on out!

We end up getting to the farm and approach where Vivian should be Ayesha talks to me about what I said earlier and hold out her fist for a fist bump. "Your right" I said and fist bumbed her. Then I look to the building. I think i just made some new friends through this rough time. See there is always somthing good when ever something bad happeneds. I should start being more optimistic but it sure is going to be hard.

"This could go two ways she understands or she understands and gets mad. But it is what it is" I say, shortly after i say that comment I look towards her. "You ready?" I might just be Hypeing myself up for nothing but that could also be good, eh it dosnt matter now lets just get this over with.

I breath in and out deeply and walk in to talk to Vivian about what happened a little tenses thus making me look at her and back at Ayesha. I could do the explaining but I dont think im gonna make it ill just leave it for her and hope for the best. No I should do somthing for once. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Besides a slight exhale
always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice

We end up getting to the farm and approach where Vivian should be Ayesha talks to me about what I said earlier and hold out her fist for a fist bump. "Your right" I said and fist bumped her. Then I look to the building. I think i just made some new friends through this rough time. See there is always something good when ever something bad happens. I should start being more optimistic but it sure is going to be hard.

"This could go two ways she understands or she understands and gets mad. But it is what it is" I say, shortly after i say that comment I look towards her. "You ready?" I might just be hyping myself up for nothing but that could also be good, eh it doesn't matter now lets just get this over with.

I breath in and out deeply and walk in to talk to Vivian about what happened a little tenses thus making me look at her and back at Ayesha. I could do the explaining but I don't think I'm gonna make it ill just leave it for her and hope for the best. No I should do something for once. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Besides a slight exhale

Ayesha Nawaz

It's a weird day when I'm, of all people, the one that has to do the talking. But this is hardly the time to play a game of 'see, hear, or speak no evil'. After Kugo unfortunately clams up, I give him a nod and what I hope is a comforting smile and step forward to speak to Vivian and Abbey.

"Vivian, Abbey. You might have heard about it by now on the news, but I'll give you the story nonetheless. The three of us, Lexa, Kugo and I decided to visit the city to grab a quick dinner. Unfortunately we were attacked by a trio of hooded and masked attackers. I...'disabled' one. Lexa decided to charge up to take on the other two but it seems she went way too far. She kept consuming material until she grew to a giant size, rivaling buildings and just straight up pasted our attackers. But she didn't stop there and her rampage threatened to hurt innocents as well. The BPD thankfully managed to contain her and took her into custody...The two of us were thankfully uninjured so we decided we should hurry back here and inform the two of you."

That should be everything. I don't think I'm missing anything, but if I am, Kugo can hopefully fill in the blanks.

IceSolstice IceSolstice KanTheOne KanTheOne Mattie Mattie

I steped back just in case if i made a scene. I dont know why but i end up making other people do things for me. Maybe cuase im nervous somthing bad might happen to us even though i know its probably not like them. I always had this problem and try to hide it by being morr friendly but really im more of an introvert i guess my moms advice did work though being friendly did get me this job.

I always had a problem with being nervous every since I was young and its still here. I have to get over this somehow. As im in my thoughts while she's speaking I start tp clench my fist. Fire sprung from my fist without me realising it soon it traveled up to my arm. The thoughts of me having trouble over somthing so small made the fire sway more violently while it changed color from a red to a bright orange.

A dark empty room has a lot of secrets. That much Miyarkus could tell. Crates covered in tarp and barrels with padlocks scatter the room as far as Miyarkus could see. There were no signs of life around the warehouse. Probably because most of the guards are outside. They doubt someone could sneak inside, but apparently, Miyarkus did. Actually, he just snuck his bones in a tiny hole on the back of the warehouse. He fit each limb and part one by one, but getting his skull and scythe was the hard part. It probably took him five minutes to get both through. If any guard passed by, they miraculously didn't notice.

There was nothing inside that didn't look big and bulky, or had cloth covering it. Nothing in particular at all, except for that one crate in the corner of the room. It was shining under the moonlight from a window above it. How convenient. The target item is in that one particular spot for everyone to easily notice. That thing must actually be really valuable. Nevertheless, Miyarkus walks cautiously towards it. No one is seriously inside protecting the stuff in this warehouse at all. Miyarkus is starting to think that this place was a trap. However, seeing as there are guards outside, they are probably expecting to spot a thief. If there was no one at all, it would'nt make sense for no one to guard this place and thus a trap is in here. Miyarkus decided to take the risk and headed towards the crate.

The metal box is cold and smooth to touch, and has already started gathering dust in the dark, dank place. There were no stickers to label it, not indicating anything at all to whatever the box may contain. According to what he received, this box shouldn't have been here for more than a few days.

Wait, should he try to open it? He was instructed to retrieve the box, but it looked heavy. Actually that was an understatement; the thing probably weighs a ton. Miyarkus has no choice but to open the box and get whatever is in there. Actually, that's not a bad idea. Those guards wouldn't realize the box was looted of its contents, and would probably only realize it a few days later.

To open the said box is metallic, but a handle on one end allows him to pull the lid. He slides the heavy cover to the side of the box, and peered inside. The box was void and large, and Miyarkus could easily hide inside it if he wanted to, without having to remove each limb to fit himself snuggly. Hell, he can do so even with the statuette inside. Speaking of, that's exactly what he needed to find.

The statuette is a jade-colored figure of an eastern dragon. While it is completely green and shiny, its eyes are coal-black, almost as if it is still blazing. Despite the cold of the evening, warmth emanates from the figure. Miyarkus was told this was a masterpiece and the only artwork of a peculiar artisan. That was really all Miyarkus was told about.

Miyarkus stashes the statuette on his pack, placed back the cover, returned to the tiny hole on the wall, and sneaked out of the vicinity of the warehouse.

-*-*-*-
"... yeah, almost too easy, you say?"

"Mm-hmm, the security is simple. No cameras or sensors whatsoever. Even outside the warehouse, there weren't many guards..."

"Amazing. You mean to say that you retrieved this without obstruction... whatever could they possibly be scheming..."

"There was nothing of particular interest inside the warehouse. I don't think I'll bother looking twice there."

"If you say so. At any case, here's your payment will be sent to your account shortly. Contact me if any problems occur."

-*-*-*-
Miyarkus awaits new orders outside the Physical Faction building for his recruiter. Whilst there might not even be a new assignment for him today, he had nothing better to do. So few people to meet, so much time.

((Hello, not deads... yet. Anyway, I thought I could do a short thing to do while I have nothing to do. If anyone dares wants to interact with Miyarkus, I won't prioritize this nightly missions of his for the sake of having time with your character~))

A sudden surge of dreamrifts ripped through Brinkhaven, swallowing Lux, Rika, and Abbey in quick succession.

Hexxy Hexxy KookyJar KookyJar

[Vivian]

The moment Vivian taps Abbey's shoulder, what looks like a multicolored portal or rip in the fabric of reality appears right on top of her. Vivian yelps in surprise and jumps back but Abbey is seemingly consumed by the strange phenomenon. She watches in horror as Abbey appears to be literally winked out of existence by the rift.

"Abbey? Abbey?!" Vivian frantically calls out for Abbey, touching the chair, table, and plans that Abbey was using a mere moments earlier.
Was that my fault?! Did I develop a new Gift that caused Abbey to disappear? What do I do?? Should I call 911? Does 911 even work here??

Vivian fumbles for her phone in her jeans pocket, unlocks it, and punches 911 into the dialer. Her knuckles whiten as she clutches the phone, waiting for the other side to pick up.

"Hello, 911 what's your emergency?"

"H-hi. I touched someone and this strange portal thing appeared and swallowed her up!" Vivian blurts out, almost hysterical.

"Ma' am, is your Gift dimensional?"

"No, my Gift is plant manipulation," Vivian says slowly.

"Then what you most likely witnessed is a dreamrift. They are a regular occurrence on Derika. A rift in time and space sudden appears and consumes the person. She will be fine. Time is stopped in dreamrifts and people are eventually ejected from them."

"O-okay. When will I see Abbey again?"

"I can't tell you that, but she will eventually reappear again."

Vivian breathes out a small sigh of relief. So Abbey was going to be okay. And she didn't spontaneously develop a second Gift.

"I'm going to unpack and lie down," Vivian mutters to herself.

--

Vivian stares at Ayesha and Kugo in shock. First Abbey and now Lexa was gone too? Detained by the BPD no less? It sounds like it was out of self-defense but...
Vivian, maybe you should get to know people better before hiring them!

"Well..." Vivian starts hesitantly, "There's nothing we can do aside from hoping that Lexa gets released soon. Abbey is gone too. Apparently a dreamrift took her away."

[Haku]

"A typical dish of Brinkhaven?" Haku repeats.

The vendor calls out that her order is ready and Haku rushes over to accept it.

Returning back to Alex and taking a thoughtful bite out of a skewer, she answers, "There is no typical dish of Brinkhaven. People immigrate here from all over the world so it's a mix of a lot of different cultures. Brinkhaven hasn't been around that long to fully develop all aspects of its culture but it does tend to take after the United States in terms of language and some policies."

The skewers were just as perfect as ever. The succulent seasoned lamb meat practically melts in Haku's mouth.

Y Yuki no Yue

Adrian tripped "Oh god!" He got up, quickly disguising himself as a young boy at the age of 10. As he sat in silenice from what happened. "W-what was that could it happen to me?" He looked around, for something to get his mind off of what happened...

[Haku]

"A typical dish of Brinkhaven?" Haku repeats.

The vendor calls out that her order is ready and Haku rushes over to accept it.

Returning back to Alex and taking a thoughtful bite out of a skewer, she answers, "There is no typical dish of Brinkhaven. People immigrate here from all over the world so it's a mix of a lot of different cultures. Brinkhaven hasn't been around that long to fully develop all aspects of its culture but it does tend to take after the United States in terms of language and some policies."

The skewers were just as perfect as ever. The succulent seasoned lamb meat practically melts in Haku's mouth.

@Yuki no Yue

Alexander Cyphre

"Really?"

I always thought that the whole land had some sort of culture or traditions or anything like that before coming here. It was a surprise to hear that it didn't.

"I always thought... oh, nevermind. Well, if that's the case, that means that you have pretty much all type of food here, right?"

I waited for the nod of confirmation, before continuing.

"Do you know any good thai food place? I always wanted to try one."

[Vivian]

"Well..." Vivian starts hesitantly, "There's nothing we can do aside from hoping that Lexa gets released soon. Abbey is gone too. Apparently a dreamrift took her away."

Ayesha Nawaz

Kugo and I stand stock still as Vivian explains the concept of dreamrifts to us. The idea is...terrifying actually. While I'm glad that Abbey is safe, I sincerely hope she doesn't have any psychological trauma about this, down the line. With all the shocking news out of the way, it's just the three of us in the study, with seemingly no real plan on how to go forward.

If I was uncertain before, I'm all the more uncertain about the path forward now. "If I said I knew how we should proceed from here on out, I'd be lying. I, for one, am perfectly fine with continuing as a farm hand. It's going to be hard work without Lexa and Abbey helping out, but I was prepared to do this even when it was just Vivian and I. What about you, Kugo? I really hope you're still 'in'. Regardless, I feel like we should rest up for tonight and we can discuss all this, if there's anything to discuss, in the morning. What do the both of you think?"

KanTheOne KanTheOne IceSolstice IceSolstice

I looks surprised when she talks about dimensional rifts thinking at anytime someone could be swallowed up and gone for a while. I hope it dosnt happen to me or anyone else, and abbey is ok. After she done I realize its the three of is left with a big farm too. Maybe its too much work.

Ayesha ask if we are willing to work at the farm still. I think for a bit before replying with "Sure im willing to continue too also im fine with that it". Resting might be able to calm me down from all that has happened today even though it was two thing's.
IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused

[Haku]

"Yeah, we have almost everything here," Haku responds nonchalantly.

Haku thinks for a moment. There's the highly popular Golden Thai restaurant with pho being all the rage right now. But it was hard to get a table so Haku discards that as a possible choice. Bangkok Thai was less popular, had a more homey atmosphere, but still served very good food overall.

"Bangkok Thai is a good place. Will you also be joining us, Vix?" Haku asks the slime.

Y Yuki no Yue negativenull negativenull

[Vivian]

Vivian is a bit anxious. While she's sure she could manage the farm alone, it was infinitely easier with other people.

"I was prepared to do this alone, so I'm grateful for all of your support," Vivian smiles at Kugo and Ayesha.

This could still work out between the three of us. And who knows? Maybe other people will join and help out.

"I'll definitely get some rest-- after dinner though!" Vivian says with a lighthearted tone.

[Haku]

"Yeah, we have almost everything here," Haku responds nonchalantly.

Haku thinks for a moment. There's the highly popular Golden Thai restaurant with pho being all the rage right now. But it was hard to get a table so Haku discards that as a possible choice. Bangkok Thai was less popular, had a more homey atmosphere, but still served very good food overall.

"Bangkok Thai is a good place. Will you also be joining us, Vix?" Haku asks the slime.

@Yuki no Yue @negativenull

Alexander Cyphre

"Bangkok Thai, uh?"

I turned on my watch, quickly opening the map app and finding the direction towards the restaurant. Oh, there were some review, all pretty good, except for one or two.

They had changed or hired a new cook recently, and not everyone liked the change, apparently. Oh well.

I turned towards Vix, smiling.

"I would like if you came, Vix."

Vix checks her watch, mostly to make sure Alice isn't on a rampage trying to find her.

She looks up to see Alexander smiling at her. “Oh? Whys that?” she asks out of genuine curiosity, with a little tilt of the head.

Vix checks her watch, mostly to make sure Alice isn't on a rampage trying to find her.

She looks up to see Alexander smiling at her. “Oh? Whys that?” she asks out of genuine curiosity, with a little tilt of the head.

Alexander Cyphre

"Well, you seems to know a lot about the island and what is going on here and it doesn't seems right to ask everything to Haku all the time."

I shrugged at that.

"Plus, I don't like to eat alone."

Vix lets out a little fake sigh, “You just had to go with a reasonable answer. Sure I'll tag along for now. Not particularly familiar with Thai food though,” Her body grows distinctly more opaque, “So I might pass on that part.”

Y Yuki no Yue

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back