• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Mattie

Knight of Mind
Since long in the past, an incredibly few rare individuals would develop abnormalities—powers and mutations that set them apart from the rest of humanity. Some found themselves able to take to the air or make the ground itself shake with a thought. Others had their very bodies irrevocably changed, taking on wonderful and terrible new forms. These powers were termed Gifts—those that wielded them, the Gifted. Their small numbers kept their existences relatively unknown, but they became the source of myths and rumors. Over the last few decades, the Gifted have exponentially increased in number. Due to simple probability, some received more powerful Gifts than ever seen before. People could no longer deny the truth.

Naturally, some Gifted used their newfound powers for good, others for evil or selfish desires. They came to be called heroes and villains, and when they clashed, the world suffered for their actions. Public opinion inevitably turned against these individuals wielding unknown and often dangerous powers, yet standard police were woefully inadequate for the job. In addition, even when Gifted were successfully apprehended, they tended to escape before long.

Before controversial military action could take place, a more effective solution presented itself: ETG. An organization offering to capture and securely detain dangerous and uncontrolled Gifted, ETG soon proved to be overwhelmingly effective—able to apprehend and contain even the strongest of Gifted, and with minimal collateral damage. Swiftly earning the approval and admiration of the public, ETG quickly became the world’s leading Gifted-focused security company, providing training for countries that declined their help.

However, criminal Gifted were not the only ones disappearing off the streets. Well-known Gifted acting as heroes, celebrities, or innovators gradually began to vanish. Although things were impossible to prove, who else but ETG could be responsible? Gifted that had managed to escape their abductors reported chilling tales of relentless research, forced labor, and brainwashing. Even hiding and keeping one’s head down wouldn’t work forever—if you were Gifted, ETG would eventually come for you.

Around this time, myths and rumors surfaced about a place called Derika, a supposed safe haven where all Gifted are welcome. People flocked to the island in search of safety, acceptance, a sense of adventure, or even a fresh start.

You character will have gotten to Derika by either buying passage aboard a boat, stowing away on a ship, or flying. Costs will depend on quality of housing, safety, speed, and treatment. Flights are prohibitively expensive due to the danger of flying in Derikan airspace.

To start, your character will have just disembarked a bus or just walked through a bridge checkpoint into Brinkhaven proper. Those planning on living in Brinkhaven through non-Faction means must register for citizenship at the Department of Immigration. Those planning on joining a Faction will enter the Faction Recruitment Building. Those not planning on living in the city legally or joining a Faction can go wherever they wish.

The Immigration department will provide basic food and housing for up to a week before turning your character out onto the streets. If there are extenuating circumstances, one can apply for an extension. In the meantime, employees will help your character find work, through either applications of their Gift or skills and talents they possess. If your character is planning on joining a faction, there will be a Faction recruitment building right by the entrance as well.

The Department of Immigration is a relatively tall skyscraper, due to needing to cheaply house all the poor people that are trying to find work in the city. The outer facade is neutral stone brick. Walking in, one is met with a high-ceilinged room, with rows of receptionists behind sturdy metal desks at the back. On the sides are comfortable couches, chairs, and coffee tables for others to wait or simply hang out. At each corner are wide spiral stairs leading to the second floor, where the kitchen and cafeteria is located. From the fourth floor and up are apartment rooms where people will be staying, two to a room. Rooms are furnished with basic necessities, no kitchen, but a full bath.

When a character sees a receptionist, they’ll be given an ID card laced with inert antinite. That card is necessary in order to obtain a driver’s license and obtain housing, and swipes at scanners. The card itself records your character’s age, Gift summary, a picture, a physical description(since standard height/weight may be inapplicable), and any other outstanding information. The Gift summary is entirely up to the character registering, but more accurate summaries will help find employment. If not a Gifted, the summary is left blank.

At the back of the room, the words 'DERIKAN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY' are etched in bold lettering onto a frosted glass wall. Past glass double doors is a relatively normal office space. The receptionist at the front desk will ask for an ID card before directing people to a kiosk. At each kiosk is a worker who will look over a person’s skill, talents, Gift, and suggest opportunities for the person. Players can make up reasonable jobs to be suggested to them if they wish.

Characters planning on joining the Factions can enter the faction recruitment building, which is a tall, mostly-glass skyscraper. Above the front entrance are bold white letters spelling out ‘Faction Recruitment’. The decor within is carefully selected to be neutral, since the separate Factions didn’t want one ‘Faction color’ to be favored over the others (not that there really are specific faction colors so much as opinionated people). To the sides are information desks where people can ask general questions and be placed into the queue to be seen. Those waiting can rest upon the scattered groups of comfortable couches, benches, and chairs.

Once called, the character will head over to the appropriate desk, where a receptionist will help the character register their identity if they have not yet. They’ll be given an ID card laced with inert antinite, which is necessary in order to obtain a driver’s license and obtain housing, and swipes at scanners. The card itself records your character’s age, Gift summary, a picture, a physical description(since standard height/weight may be inapplicable), and any other outstanding information. The Gift summary is entirely up to the character registering, but more accurate summaries will help find employment. If not a Gifted, the summary is left blank.

Afterwards, the Gifted will be led down a hallway or two to the back of the building, where their Gift will be tested. The specifics of the test will vary widely depending on what the character reports their Gift as. In most cases, target dummies will be set up in a fortified room, with judges looking on from behind reinforced glass. If living targets are necessary, animals and humans can be supplied as well. Production-type Gifted will be provided materials necessary to showcase their ability.

If the character’s Gift passes muster (left up to the player), they will receive a Z-Watch and be assigned a Faction and an apartment with that Faction building. Characters will also be able to use their ID card to swipe into all faction cafeterias. After testing, the character will be free to go wherever, and doorways that lead directly into each Faction can be taken.

All players can and should create their own minor NPCs and facilitate registration and testing on their own.
(It just isn't practical for me to RP out interactions with 15 players each separately.)

The feel of the RP is generally up to the player’s own desires for their character: if you would like a gritty, dark, realistic struggle against the forces of ETG or the shady underside of Brinkhaven, that can be done. Organized crime and criminal elements will provide plenty of challenging conflict. On the other hand, a whimsical, comedic, or happy-go-lucky slice-of-life feeling can also be found through bizarre and extraordinary requests or complications while going about even mundane tasks. Or you could go on epic adventures with your friends, slaying monsters and upgrading your gear. With theoretically plenty of characters around, whatever appeals to you should be available. Finally, once things get off the ground, I will be providing cohesive plots for smaller groups of characters that would like a more game-like experience.

Always accepting applications!
My moderators are IceSolstice, Ryik, and negativenull. If you have questions about the setting, please direct your PMs to them.

Last edited:
Brinkhaven. A robust city enclosed by a massive wall with even taller skyscrapers peeking over it. The city is bustling with people and people-like figures going about their daily business. Taxis and buses line the 4-lane street, waiting to take passengers into the heart of the city. On one corner and accompanied by an ubiquitous metro symbol is a set of stairs leading below, from which one can hear a faint rumbling. The street is full of hotels and restaurants meant to cater the new arrivals who were most likely starving, and looking for a place to stay.

Above the entrance to the Juliet hotel, a girl with green hair and brown gloves leans out over a window balcony, her hands pressed against the outside of the building. Vines spread and curl outward in delicate patterns, covering the hotel facade in intricate patterns. On the street below, a black-haired man in an apron directs loops of water to spell out Heric’s Hotdogs. Said hotdogs seem to be slightly burnt, but that doesn’t stop a slender girl from turning invisible and snatching one up with a smile.

The city’s sidewalks are surprisingly clean for a metropolis, with hardly a spot of black gum or trash littering the ground. This is especially fortunate as a small furry-eared little girl scampers barefoot down the street, chased after by a young man wearing a dashing black scarf. Street performers displaying dazzling flashes and bursts of light find themselves thrown off their feet by the speedy child.

A warm breeze sweeps through the area, rustling the trees in full bloom and causing petals to gently drift to the ground. The sky is mostly clear, with a few fluffy cumulus clouds dotting the azure background. A short distance away from the entrance of Brinkhaven, an enthusiastic butterfly winged girl is floating above the crowd, clutching a poster with the words ‘FACTIONS, RECRUITING NOW!!’ and shouting, “Join the Factions today! Comes with free housing and food! And a cool badge!”
Below her is a group of people holding similar posters in front of a relatively small modern building with the words ‘Factions’ printed on the facade.

Close by, a police officer surrounded by small balls of light helps direct people towards a pristine towering skyscraper labelled ‘Department of Immigration’. Most people seem to make their way towards the immigration department while some break away to talk to the group of Faction recruiters.

Last edited:
Alexander Cyphre

The bus reached to a stop with a shriek of brakes. I was roused from my reverie of the outside and turned my attention to the city where I would live for the next years of my life. A scholarship in this place, uh...

Well, it wasn't the time for woolgathering, I had to register. A quick check to be sure that I had all the papers I needed and I was walking out of the vehicle. It seemed like I was the younger one on it, but I wasn't particularly worried. I could simply find some friends at school.

I hoped.

The outside was nice, kind of reminding me of Italy. Nothing like the cities in the U.S.A.

"Now, where did I needed to go? Faction recruiting, was it?"

I bit lightly on the lollipop in my mouth, before start walking towards the butterfly winged girl.

[Alice]

From her superior vantage point, Alice spies a young well-dressed male making his way over towards the recruiters. She descends and lands in front of him, smiling broadly.
"Hi! Are you interested in joining the Factions? I'm giving out a cool badge for anyone that does!"
Alice proudly displays a metal badge with 'Factions' etched into it and adorned with a wing across the top.

[Alice]

From her superior vantage point, Alice spies a young well-dressed male making his way over towards the recruiters. She descends and lands in front of him, smiling broadly.
"Hi! Are you interested in joining the Factions? I'm giving out a cool badge for anyone that does!"
Alice proudly displays a metal badge with 'Factions' etched into it and adorned with a wing across the top.

Alexander Cyphre

"Ah, yes... I was told to either join a faction or go through the department of immigration. In both cases, I would need to present these papers here..."

I rummaged in my bag for a few moment, before taking a manila folder out and giving it to the girl.

"I'm Alexander. Please to meet you."

[Alice]

Alice stows away the presented badge and hands off her poster to someone else to receive the manila folder. She thoughtfully flips through it, a crease manifesting on her brow. Alice closes the folder and hands it back to Alexander along with a badge.
"Everything seems to be in order! All you need to do is present this to the receptionist in that building over there--" Alice points to the Faction Recruitment Building, "And you'll be all set! I don't know what you're Gift is, but I'm sure they'll like it! My name is Alice though, it's great to meet you too!"
Alice holds her hand out for a handshake.
"My Gift is to create wings!"

[Alice]

Alice stows away the presented badge and hands off her poster to someone else to receive the manila folder. She thoughtfully flips through it, a crease manifesting on her brow. Alice closes the folder and hands it back to Alexander along with a badge.
"Everything seems to be in order! All you need to do is present this to the receptionist in that building over there--" Alice points to the Faction Recruitment Building, "And you'll be all set! I don't know what you're Gift is, but I'm sure they'll like it! My name is Alice though, it's great to meet you too!"
Alice holds her hand out for a handshake.
"My Gift is to create wings!"

Alexander Cyphre

I shook her hand, smiling, before collecting the folder back from her.

"As said, I'm Alexander. My Gift is something that is, honestly, a bit ridiculous. I can create sweets."

And I extended my hand, palm up, before creating a rock candy figurine of her, butterfly wings and all.

"Thank you."

And I started walking towards the building she had pointed.

Ayane Katou

Oh dear. What was I thinking... Too late to go back now, I guess. This place does look pretty cool, though. Holding my own hand, I look around. Ha! Having four eyes is useful for something!

There are a lot of other people... I didn't expect there to be so many on the streets. I guess I never got out much in the downtown area at home. Oh wait, this is my home now. Got to remember that.

So... uh, what should I do? I never asked about what to do when I got here on the way over. Do I have to sign up for this place or something? It is another country... really can't go back now...

I guess I'll ask someone. There's a lady on wings over there shouting a bunch about 'factions.' There's some other people looking like they know where to go.... Oh! A police officer. Cool.

Walking up to her I see he's talking to another person so I wait my turn, talking to myself(literally).

Last edited:
Gabriel Anders
Staring down at the papers in his hands one last time, Gabriel sighed softly before he exited the bus, ignoring how some people stared as he limped along to join the crowd heading to the immigration building. He looked around, taking in the sight of Brickhaven, his new home for an innumerable amount of time. He was still trying to process everything that had happened to him recently, from his sister's untimely death to the Gift he was still trying to figure out. While he been reading up on it as much as he could since he had been pretty much forced to accept he was one of the Gifted, Gabriel hadn't had the chance to test his power out that much, considering how much of society disliked his kind, including his father...

Pushing the memories of the screaming match that had ensued that came with it away, he instead considered his current options. He could either just go through regular registration process, or join a faction. Both had their own benefits, as either way he would have free access to food and a place to sleep for the time being. However, joining a faction would increase the likelihood of him being able to properly settle down right away...Considering how much he had lost, it would be a chance he was willing to take.

Ultimately, Gabriel headed in the direction of the girl with butterfly wings. Once standing in front of her, he said as he held out his immigration papers, "Excuse me, miss. I'd like to join a faction."

If possible that is. He added silently.

IceSolstice IceSolstice

Dan Ryder

Dan scurried around on the pavement, desperately trying to get out of the way of the majority of the foot traffic.

Getting here had been a heck of a mission - he'd spent of the journey inside some guy's suitcase, using a rolled up sock as cushioning.It hadn't been comfortable, but it was the only way he could think of. It wasn't like he could carry money, so buying any kind of transport was practically impossible. And he hadn't found anyone willing to help him out, most people just freaking out if and when they figured out what he was.

But now that he was here... he didn't really know where to be begin. It wasn't like he could register, like he was supposed to - it would honestly be more dangerous trying to get someone's attention to do so than staying out here for now. His ultimate goal was to restore himself to his full size, but he had no idea how. He knew that was apparently some of antinite that could weaken abilities, but who knew where he would find that?

That said, he had some more mundane issues to deal with first. He hadn't eaten at all during the hours it'd taken to get here, and the floor here was frustratingly clean, not a crumb in sight. The closest thing he could see to eat was a hotdog stand... but he hadn't exactly had the best experiences with greasy hot food. Perhaps he could find a bit of dropped bun or something?

Either way, he slowly made his way in its general direction. Even if he couldn't find anything there, perhaps he could find something in the hotel behind it?

[Alice]

Alice has acquired a rock candy sculpture! She examines it, admiring the detail that went into it. And briefly chomps down on the head. Tasty.
A tall man with flowing white hair approaches her, "Excuse me, miss. I'd like to join a faction."
Alice graciously takes the file and gives it a cursory scan.
"Seems good!" Alice exclaims, handing it back alongside a shiny badge, "Take this to the Faction building behind me, and good luck with the recruiting process! My name is Alice by the way!"

Alexander Cyphre

I shook her hand, smiling, before collecting the folder back from her.

"As said, I'm Alexander. My Gift is something that is, honestly, a bit ridiculous. I can create sweets."

And I extended my hand, palm up, before creating a rock candy figurine of her, butterfly wings and all.

"Thank you."

And I started walking towards the building she had pointed.

After entering the Faction Recruitment building and chatting with a Faction Rep, Alexander is swiftly redirected to a desk.

An imposing figure fully covered by a solid black hood and cloak sits behind a reception desk. Their features are entirely obscured, but the general height and shape suggests a male. Through the double doors of the Faction recruitment building enters a white-haired teenager looking slightly lost. The hooded figure silently beckons for the teenager to come forward, guessing that they were here to sign up.

Last edited:
Oh dear. What was I thinking... Too late to go back now, I guess. This place does look pretty cool, though. Holding my own hand, I look around. Ha! Having four eyes is useful for something!

There are a lot of other people... I didn't expect there to be so many on the streets. I guess I never got out much in the downtown area at home. Oh wait, this is my home now. Got to remember that.

So... uh, what should I do? I never asked about what to do when I got here on the way over. Do I have to sign up for this place or something? It is another country... really can't go back now...

I guess I'll ask someone. There's a lady on wings over there shouting a bunch about 'factions.' There's some other people looking like they know where to go.... Oh! A police officer. Cool.

Walking up to her I see he's talking to another person so I wait my turn, talking to myself(literally).

[Police Officer with the small balls of light - Esther]

On closer inspection, the police officer is a female!

"Welcome to Brinkhaven! please walk, don't run!"

Esther cheerfully directs traffic towards the immigration center, although no one really seems to be paying attention towards her pointing hands. A rather lost looking elderly man wanders nearby, prompting her to ASSIST.

"Hello there sir! You seem lost, if you're looking to join a faction, it'll be the smaller building directly to our right, if not, then you'll be heading behind me towards the larger building, see the big sign? You can't miss it."

The man's squinting gaze darts to the bold lettering of the Department of Immigration, then back towards Esther before he mumbles out a quiet thank you.

As Esther waves off the gentleman on his way, she notices the pair of girls waiting their turn. She beckons them to come closer with a slight wave and a smile.

"Hi there! If you're wondering where to go, you can head over to the factions group if you're Gifted, otherwise just follow the rest of the crowd to the big building. I would recommend having a try if the factions will have you though, worst they can do is deny you two right? You miss all the shots you don't take"

431101134 431101134

After entering the Faction Recruitment building and chatting with a Faction Rep, Alexander is swiftly redirected to the Elemental Faction.

-Elemental Faction, first floor-

An imposing figure fully covered by a solid black hood and cloak sits behind a reception desk. Their features are entirely obscured, but the general height and shape suggests a male. Through the double doors of the Elemental Faction building enters a white-haired teenager looking slightly lost. The hooded figure silently beckons for the teenager to come forward, guessing that they were here to sign up.

Alexander Cyphre

"Uh, hello? Alice, the girl with the recruiters sent me here and the receptionist said that I had to reach this floor..."

I trailed out, unsure on what to do, slowly sitting on the chair in front of the guy. Which was taller than me by a pretty margin.

Gabriel Anders
Nodding, Gabriel accepted the file back, smiling at the young woman. "Gabriel." He replied. "It was nice meeting you. And thanks."

He then entered the building Alice had described, wondering exactly what this recruitment process would entail.

Ayane Katou-

Nice police lady is talking to me. Yeah, okay. Having Ayane act shy behind Aya, I have Aya be the confident social side of me.

"Hi, we were wondering, what's a faction? We're new here and have Gifts, but we don't know what 'faction' is supposed to mean," I say. Should I have said 'I' there? Do I want people to know I'm just a person with two bodies? Eh, too late to change anything now.

Last edited:
Ayesha Nawaz
Lost and decidedly not found

It had been a few days ago when I woke up in this place. Apparently I had been found exhausted and almost unconscious in the waters surrounding the Island, easy prey for the monsters that lurked in the depths. Thankfully for me, the gifted who patrolled the Island's waters drove off the monsters and got me the aid I needed. After a few days of recovery, they explained I was on the Island of Derika. The mysterious island that had so captivated, and continued to captivate, conversation back home.

On the recommendation of one of my rescuers, I took a bus that was traveling towards the city of Brinkhaven, where I could apparently find many skilled therapists. Therapy...that implied I wanted to get better at all...temporarily brushing apart those dark thoughts, I gingerly get off the Bus as we reach our destination.

I listen and look at the options available. Part of me says to go with the factions. A steady income, place to live and a support base to learn from. What were the downsides? But I decided against it. I was still unsure of my powers, or 'gifts' as they were called. I never asked for this. I would have to live with them, yes, but to actively use them for a job? I was unconvinced. Or perhaps that was just my doubt talking.

In any case, having decided on a course of action, I approach the police officer (I think, judging from the uniform) directing people to the Department of Immigration. And so begins my new life in this strange place. Hopefully it'll be better than my old life...

Alexander Cyphre

"Uh, hello? Alice, the girl with the recruiters sent me here and the receptionist said that I had to reach this floor..."

I trailed out, unsure on what to do, slowly sitting on the chair in front of the guy. Which was taller than me by a pretty margin.

[Ominous Cloaked Figure (and receptionist)]

"Hello! And nice to meet you, I'm Alaina." Comes a faint, breathy voice from within the endless darkness.

"I hope Alice didn't give you too hard of a time. After meeting her, I'm sure you get what I mean." The surprisingly high-pitched voice continues. "I'll just take a look at those..." A shadowy extension, shaped like a tree branch imitating a hand, protrudes out of the middle of the cloak and gently retrieves Alexander's files. "My congratulations, a scholarship... everything looks to be in order."

After getting a brief description of his Gift and running him through a few questions, Alaina hands him an ID card and directs him to the left. There, a short line has formed leading to a doorway labeled 'Gift Testing'. Faint rumbles and screams can be heard in the distance.

Vix stands on a boat. She inst sure why but she feels it is very important that she stay on this boat for a while longer. Staring out at the sea, imagining conversations between a little over a dozen people. Its a nice boat. A perfect way to force people to mingle. Much better than random buses.

After a few minutes Vix makes her way back into Brinkhaven. Clearing the security checkpoint with muscle memory ease, she makes her way to the faction building to take a nap, because naps are great.

[Ominous Cloaked Figure (and receptionist)]

"Hello! And nice to meet you, I'm Alaina." Comes a faint, breathy voice from within the endless darkness.

"I hope Alice didn't give you too hard of a time. After meeting her, I'm sure you get what I mean." The surprisingly high-pitched voice continues. "I'll just take a look at those..." A shadowy extension, shaped like a tree branch imitating a hand, protrudes out of the middle of the cloak and gently retrieves Alexander's files. "My congratulations, a scholarship... everything looks to be in order."

After getting a brief description of his Gift and running him through a few questions, Alaina hands him an ID card and directs him to the left. There, a short line has formed leading to a doorway labeled 'Gift Testing'. Faint rumbles and screams can be heard in the distance.

Alexander Cyphre

I... didn't expect this. Still, it was surprising, but not that traumatizing.

"I'm Alexander Cyphre..."

The following conversation was a whirlwind, words were thrown at me faster than I thought possible. I compiled some modules with basic information (height: 1.70 cm, Age: 17, Born: Italy...) and, after that, she pointed me towards a door labeled Gift Testing.

Id Card in hand, I stepped beyond it.

Nice police lady is talking to me. Yeah, okay. Having Ayane act shy behind Aya, I have Aya be the confident social side of me.

"Hi, we were wondering, what's a faction? We're new here and have a Gift, but we don't know what 'faction' is supposed to mean," I say. Should I have said 'I' there? Do I want people to know I'm just a person with two bodies? Eh, too late to change anything now.

[Esther]

"Nice you meet you two, are you sisters? My name's Esther. To answer your question, the factions are groups focusing on well, the Gifts that people have, all five of them are differently sorted in how theirs works to put it simply. So if you're something strong you'd go to the physical one, but if you have a Gift that moves stuff like water you'd go into the elemental one."

Esther holds up her hand, pointing to each of her five fingers as she lists them out.

"Physical, Elemental, Mental, Dimensional, and Unaligned, last one is for some special cases where it's not really clear on how they function, but they're not any less important than the others. I don't really like prying into what people's Gifts are, but the smarter people over there can definitely sort you two out if it's something you're considering. I don't want to scare you off, but they do sometimes reject people will some really mundane Gifts."

431101134 431101134

Ayesha Nawaz
Lost and decidedly not found

It had been a few days ago when I woke up in this place. Apparently I had been found exhausted and almost unconscious in the waters surrounding the Island, easy prey for the monsters that lurked in the depths. Thankfully for me, the gifted who patrolled the Island's waters drove off the monsters and got me the aid I needed. After a few days of recovery, they explained I was on the Island of Derika. The mysterious island that had so captivated, and continued to captivate, conversation back home.

On the recommendation of one of my rescuers, I took a bus that was traveling towards the city of Brinkhaven, where I could apparently find many skilled therapists. Therapy...that implied I wanted to get better at all...temporarily brushing apart those dark thoughts, I gingerly get off the Bus as we reach our destination.

I listen and look at the options available. Part of me says to go with the factions. A steady income, place to live and a support base to learn from. What were the downsides? But I decided against it. I was still unsure of my powers, or 'gifts' as they were called. I never asked for this. I would have to live with them, yes, but to actively use them for a job? I was unconvinced. Or perhaps that was just my doubt talking.

In any case, having decided on a course of action, I approach the police officer (I think, judging from the uniform) directing people to the Department of Immigration. And so begins my new life in this strange place. Hopefully it'll be better than my old life...

[Esther]

Meanwhile, another young woman seemed to be waiting to approach, Esther has never felt so popular before reciting her usual lines to the newcomers.

"Hello there miss! Welcome to Brinkhaven, faction business is off to your right, if not, Department of Immigration right behind me will help you with everything you need to begin your new life here. Would you like to know more about your options? Both have their benefits and downsides, but you'll be registered to live here regardless of your choice, so don't worry about missing out on anything."

always_confused always_confused

[Esther]

"Nice you meet you two, are you sisters? My name's Esther. To answer your question, the factions are groups focusing on well, the Gifts that people have, all five of them are differently sorted in how theirs works to put it simply. So if you're something strong you'd go to the physical one, but if you have a Gift that moves stuff like water you'd go into the elemental one."

Esther holds up her hand, pointing to each of her five fingers as she lists them out.

"Physical, Elemental, Mental, Dimensional, and Unaligned, last one is for some special cases where it's not really clear on how they function, but they're not any less important than the others. I don't really like prying into what people's Gifts are, but the smarter people over there can definitely sort you two out if it's something you're considering. I don't want to scare you off, but they do sometimes reject people will some really mundane Gifts."

Ayane Katou-

Oh, I see. Dodging the question on 'sisters,' Aya looks over to Ayane. They share a look like they are both deciding what they should do with their eyes, keeping up appearances as separate people. But really I was just thinking.

So, I join a faction according to my Gift... then what? I guess I'll ask. What faction would I be in, though? Maybe 'Unaligned'? More like 'Mental,' now that I'm thinking about it. Ah! But what if they reject me, because my gift isn't that useful? Or... I guess it could be in the right situations. Ha, I guess that's what Esther meant by 'scare you off.'

I guess during my thought's Esther was talking to someone else who walked up, a strong looking lady in a hoodie and jeans. Having Ayane speak next, a little shy at first, I ask, "What do factions do?"

Last edited:
Dan Ryder

Dan continued walking, makeshift backpack slung over his back. He didn't exactly have a huge amount of stuff - just a few bits of cloth he'd fashioned into clothes - but having stuff to wear was kinda a big deal.

It'd looked like a straight shot to the hotel, but in the time it'd taken for him to make his way across the street, an obstruction had appeared. A girl with... wings?... had landed, shouting something about 'factions', and people were constantly walking up to her. He hadn't really met many other Gifted, and definitely not anyone with such an obvious Gift. Other than himself, of course.

He approached her as a particularly tall man finished talking to her, and walked off towards another building, much like the last person had. He wondered what was so interesting in there, but that wasn't his concern right now. There were effectively three options as he saw it. He could go to her left, to her right, or... straight through. The last option was the most dangerous perhaps, but it would definitely shorten the journey. But was it a risk worth taking?

He paused for a moment, deciding what to do.

IceSolstice IceSolstice

Lacey Banks

Lacey was going to get off the bus quickly but was feeling kind of lethargic at the moment, she’d been entertaining herself by manipulating faint light beams to trace shapes and curly letters over the back of chair in front of her.

“Oh wow everyone flocked over to that girl. She must have something important...” Lacey said to herself watching, from her window seat on the bus, a bunch of people who got off the bus before her take off towards this girl. Lacey didn’t really want to think too hard about her course of action right now, so she took the easy way out- just copying everyone else. “...Let’s go to her too!” Lacey said, now exiting out of the bus and making maybe twenty or so paces towards this girl.

“Factions.” Lacey read a sign aloud to no one in particular as she approached the girl. The word sounded familiar to her, though the meaning of the word wasn’t exactly clear to her. Finally speaking up in a loud voice to the girl: “Is this some kind of team recruitment thingy? That is what faction means right? In which case...could you tell me more about them?”

Though Lacey wasn’t one for long explanations at all, it was at least helpful to understand what she was getting into before trying it out. If it didn’t appeal to her then she’d probably just walk around for a bit and try to find a cool place to live in before anyone else did.

Elias Georgia
Stowed away in a small box.

Elias was hidden inside a small box, real smart of him to choose the small ship sending legal immigrants to Derika but he needed a cheap way of getting to Derika. So, there he was, hidden in a box,with all kinds of cargo stowed away near him as well, he wasn't sure how much time has passed but he figured it was around 2 hours ago that he entered the ship and that stupid fucking crate, after the ship docked or what they call docking, Elias, after a few tries managed to break out of the crate with only a few words he wanted to express after getting out of that godforsaken crate. "Next time, I'm just swimming." He stretched, his neck was bent out of shape and he was hunched back like a bear on it's hind legs. Before he realized it, most of the luggage was gone from the part of the ship he was in, which meant most of the passengers must have left already. "Lucky me, I'll just say I was invisible the whole time, who knows, maybe they'll actually believe me." Elias muttered, he was still kind of upset about that crate.

Without much of a problem, Elias got off the ship and onto the mainland, and from there he followed the crowd that came from a different ship. He wasn't sure what to do, a guide was making sure the crowd was following him to where they needed to go, but where exactly do they need to go? And with that, Elias sat down on a bench and thought for a second. If he wanted to know where to go, who would he ask? Definitely not the people just arriving, he'd have to find someone established, someone who has been a local resident for a while and would know these things if asked. After abruptly entering a store and asking where to go with the great excuse of; "I just got here and was separated from my group", they gave him directions to the Immigration building but he didn't have to if he was gifted, why would they ask if he was gifted, beyond him since this place is the only place where gifted can really feel safe.

One way or another, he got to the Recruitment Building, you know, the one the store people didn't give him directions to. He figured he needed to fill out some form and get registered, and all of that was fine, but the lines, the lines were too damn long and he was very anxious to just go up and ask for a form, it would also be rude. It was also apparent he wasn't the only one trying to get a form, there was a crowd of people surrounding this one poor girl, Elias wasn't gonna do anything about it, hell, he's against the very idea of doing something even remotely tiring, so he sat in an available chair and waited.

He was lucky enough to have his phone at a stable battery percentage, meaning he could read or solve problems or pet virtual dogs without the hassle of dealing with real dogs. God I'm lonely. Elias is lucky to have such truthful thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back