• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lexa Gilliam

"Um, sure."

This really hadn't been what she was expecting when she'd walked in here to get food. In the space of just of a few hours, she'd sorted out both a place to live and somewhere to work. It was almost too good to be true.

"I haven't really got any experience, but I'm sure I'll figure it out," she added, half-jokingly, half-bragging. In her experience, she tended to be quite good at anything she put her mind to, especially if it was something physical. It wasn't arrogant if it was true, right?

"Is there anyone else working there, or is it just us for now?"

IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused Mattie Mattie

Kugo gets done eating and takes a quick break "ahh...that was refreshing" after he gets done loafing around he gets up and exites the cafeteria.

He takes a walk just to get a bit familiar with his surroundings. "This is a really nice place good thing a came here. I have a place to stay and im pretty sure there nice People here too" he talks to himself. "Speaking of how good this place i need a job so i could get some monny." He starts stopping people who are walking as well and asking if they know where he could work. But he had no luck. "Dang..
It seems know one knows...or they just dont want to talk.." He starts talking to himself agian when he sees a group of people waking together. "This could be my best bet to getting somthing at least" he says really hopefull. He walks over to them. "I been very unlucky with whom i asked about this but do you know where i could find a job"
IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused Mattie Mattie
WhipDing WhipDing

[Haku]

"Vilks Silks offers a wild variety of clothing, so the prices will vary--especially if you're looking for something custom-made or specialized. All normal clothing is pretty affordable and have prices comparable to the outside world, if not cheaper. I'm personally looking for new aether clothes because it's irritating to have my clothes messed up every time I use my Gift," Haku explains.

The group reach the bus stop and hop on. Haku is immensely grateful that they're lucky enough to catch a bus shortly after they arrived.

"There are a myriad of creatures residing on Derika. You can find all the typical fantasy creatures on the island, such as dragons, unicorns, fairies, slimes, chimeras, and the like. But there are many undiscovered species too. It's very difficult to list them all out."

A black fidget spinner appears out of her palm and floats in front of Haku and she idly spins it with a finger. The bus ride to and from Brinkhaven were her least favorite parts. She could be doing something more productive with the time, but unfortunately the travel time was a necessary evil. It wouldn't do if there were many portals leading to the entrance of Brinkhaven.

In search of something to continue the conversation, Haku asks, "If your Gift could be anything else, what would you want?"

Y Yuki no Yue negativenull negativenull

[Vivian]

"It's fine if you don't have any experience, it's not very hard to learn if you have someone who knows what they're doing helping you. Which I am." Vivian adds the last part proudly.
Maybe she'll do just fine in this new place after all.

"No one else is working with us," Vivian confirms.

In an ironic twist of fate, someone stumbles across their group asking where they could find a job.

"Well, there's the employment agency in the DoI that can help you find a job. It looks like they try to find something for you that matches your Gift..." Vivian trails off, hesitating before continuing. I don't know how I feel about offering a job at the farm for someone I haven't even had a proper conversation with yet.

But knowing her Gift, Vivian realizes that the limiting factor isn't the crop growth, but rather the manpower needed to harvest, replant, fertilize, and water everything. If things went sour with this stranger, she could always fire him too.

"...But I do have a farm that I need help with, if you're interested," Vivian continues.

WhipDing WhipDing KanTheOne KanTheOne always_confused always_confused Mattie Mattie

[Haku]

"Vilks Silks offers a wild variety of clothing, so the prices will vary--especially if you're looking for something custom-made or specialized. All normal clothing is pretty affordable and have prices comparable to the outside world, if not cheaper. I'm personally looking for new aether clothes because it's irritating to have my clothes messed up every time I use my Gift," Haku explains.

The group reach the bus stop and hop on. Haku is immensely grateful that they're lucky enough to catch a bus shortly after they arrived.

"There are a myriad of creatures residing on Derika. You can find all the typical fantasy creatures on the island, such as dragons, unicorns, fairies, slimes, chimeras, and the like. But there are many undiscovered species too. It's very difficult to list them all out."

A black fidget spinner appears out of her palm and floats in front of Haku and she idly spins it with a finger. The bus ride to and from Brinkhaven were her least favorite parts. She could be doing something more productive with the time, but unfortunately the travel time was a necessary evil. It wouldn't do if there were many portals leading to the entrance of Brinkhaven.

In search of something to continue the conversation, Haku asks, "If your Gift could be anything else, what would you want?"

@Yuki no Yue @negativenull

Alexander Cyphre

"Well, I need to remember this for when I'll need new clothes." The walk was relaxing, until we reached the bus. We were lucky to find the bus there.

"I can't wait to see them. Also, where do we need to go for getting our reward for the quest?"

Another gift, uh?

"I kind of always wanted to mess with either time or ice, if I'm sincere."

"I would like to work with you that is if your willing to 'hire' me" He says thankfully. I might even have a job now also at least someone replys with somthing useful. He then looks up to speak agian

"May i ask what is your gift?" He says curiously. He starts thinking to himself after he asked the question, how far is the farm? What are everyone's else's gift? Are these people friendly? He decides to just ditch the thoughts and just think positively about the situation. He just got offerd a job so he shouldn't be worried about anything really.
IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused

Ayane Katou-

Yawn. Looking at my Z-Watch I see it's almost 12am! Wow. I slept in a little... okay, maybe a lot. Hopefully Mar isn't too upset. With the whole thing that happened yesterday, I bet he would cut me some slack. Then again, he's a chill dude. Then again, I don't see him in the courtyard. He must be doing something else. Well, what was I expecting? For Mar to just sit around for hours waiting on me to get up?

Well, okay. I go and sit down at one of the benches around the place, seeing the other people going throughout their business. My stomachs growl at the sight of food. It's lunch time, I should probably eat something. But where? There's that question again. I could ask Mar... Well, he's kind of the only person I could ask. Well, I could try and find Esther or just ask a random person... Eh, I'll just message Mar on the Z-Watch. Oh? That was quick, he said he'd come right over. Cool.

So, what should we do today? If we are doing anything... maybe we could just eat something. But what then? Well... I have been meaning to go shopping... Ha! Would Mar go with me? I could always ask. I need new clothes. I've had to wear the same T-shirt and pants for three days now! I think it's time for some new clothes. I mean, sure, I washed them in between use, but yesterday Mar just carried my bodies to my room and left. Well, what else could he do? I just wish I had the sense to at least put my stuff in the wash before sleeping last night. Eh, whatever.

I'm sure some new clothes will help. Plus, I can pay for stuff too! The only reason why I'm shopping now is because I have money. 300 bucks! That's pretty good. Just enough to buy me a new outfit or two for both bodies! Yay. I had an alert on my watch this morning about payment for containing the Alots, and I chose to get cash instead of points. I feel more comfortable dealing with money anyway, though I should probably get used to points sooner than later. I'll have to ask more about that.

Speaking of that, I'd probably have to go to the lobby to ask. I wonder if the lobby is all fixed up yet. I heard something about it getting fixed as I was leaving, so I went through the side entrance in case they were still doing so. Sigh. I should probably talk to more people in my faction. To avoid stuff like this and have another friend. Not saying Mar is a bad dude, it's just that he'll probably tire of me at some point. Plus, I'm only 15. What kind of adult wants to hang around a teenager all the time? Oh... it's gonna be hard to find a teenager in the Mental building. Probably. How many younger people live in the faction buildings? What's the legal age saying you're an adult here, anyway?

Oh! There's Mar. I wave him over with Aya as both bodies stand from the bench.

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Ayane Katou-

Yawn. Looking at my Z-Watch I see it's almost 12am! Wow. I slept in a little... okay, maybe a lot. Hopefully Mar isn't too upset. With the whole thing that happened yesterday, I bet he would cut me some slack. Then again, he's a chill dude. Then again, I don't see him in the courtyard. He must be doing something else. Well, what was I expecting? For Mar to just sit around for hours waiting on me to get up?

Well, okay. I go and sit down at one of the benches around the place, seeing the other people going throughout their business. My stomachs growl at the sight of food. It's lunch time, I should probably eat something. But where? There's that question again. I could ask Mar... Well, he's kind of the only person I could ask. Well, I could try and find Esther or just ask a random person... Eh, I'll just message Mar on the Z-Watch. Oh? That was quick, he said he'd come right over. Cool.

So, what should we do today? If we are doing anything... maybe we could just eat something. But what then? Well... I have been meaning to go shopping... Ha! Would Mar go with me? I could always ask. I need new clothes. I've had to wear the same T-shirt and pants for three days now! I think it's time for some new clothes. I mean, sure, I washed them in between use, but yesterday Mar just carried my bodies to my room and left. Well, what else could he do? I just wish I had the sense to at least put my stuff in the wash before sleeping last night. Eh, whatever.

I'm sure some new clothes will help. Plus, I can pay for stuff too! The only reason why I'm shopping now is because I have money. 300 bucks! That's pretty good. Just enough to buy me a new outfit or two for both bodies! Yay. I had an alert on my watch this morning about payment for containing the Alots, and I chose to get cash instead of points. I feel more comfortable dealing with money anyway, though I should probably get used to points sooner than later. I'll have to ask more about that.

Speaking of that, I'd probably have to go to the lobby to ask. I wonder if the lobby is all fixed up yet. I heard something about it getting fixed as I was leaving, so I went through the side entrance in case they were still doing so. Sigh. I should probably talk to more people in my faction. To avoid stuff like this and have another friend. Not saying Mar is a bad dude, it's just that he'll probably tire of me at some point. Plus, I'm only 15. What kind of adult wants to hang around a teenager all the time? Oh... it's gonna be hard to find a teenager in the Mental building. Probably. How many younger people live in the faction buildings? What's the legal age saying you're an adult here, anyway?

Oh! There's Mar. I wave him over with Aya as both bodies stand from the bench.

"Morning, Ayane. As usual, I've nothing to do so don't feel guilty about bothering me today." Miyarkus said and sat along with what's left of the bench since it was taken by two young girls already. His arm has refined and repaired, even better than before it was broken. The area around the Mental Faction's courtyard was a calm solitude of a place, aside from that brightly-clothed guy over floating way up high, sitting cross-legged in the air. It's easy to miss them, though, since they're very high up. They parallel the sun, almost.

"So, what's up?" Miyarkus simply asked straight up. Ayane probably has some plans since she called first. He took his Z-Watch out to spot some requests. They were there, but they were either gonna take tediously long to complete, or just too difficult. Not that he can't do 'em, it's just that risk isn't ever a good thing.

"Morning, Ayane. As usual, I've nothing to do so don't feel guilty about bothering me today." Miyarkus said and sat along with what's left of the bench since it was taken by two young girls already. His arm has refined and repaired, even better than before it was broken. The area around the Mental Faction's courtyard was a calm solitude of a place, aside from that brightly-clothed guy over floating way up high, sitting cross-legged in the air. It's easy to miss them, though, since they're very high up. They parallel the sun, almost.

"So, what's up?" Miyarkus simply asked straight up. Ayane probably has some plans since she called first. He took his Z-Watch out to spot some requests. They were there, but they were either gonna take tediously long to complete, or just too difficult. Not that he can't do 'em, it's just that risk isn't ever a good thing.

Ayane Katou-

"The sky," I say, looking up, answering his question literally. "Oh. And that dude." What is that guy doing? Nice gift, I guess. If it's 'flying.' 'Hovering,' maybe? But why was he-eh. Whatever. I don't need to get into everyone's business. I guess I should tell Mar what I plan to do. Not much but whatever.

"I was planning on eating, then going shopping some. I don't know where to go, again, so I'm asking you. Have you eaten yet?"

Ayane Katou-

"The sky," I say, looking up, answering his question literally. "Oh. And that dude." What is that guy doing? Nice gift, I guess. If it's 'flying.' 'Hovering,' maybe? But why was he-eh. Whatever. I don't need to get into everyone's business. I guess I should tell Mar what I plan to do. Not much but whatever.

"I was planning on eating, then going shopping some. I don't know where to go, again, so I'm asking you. Have you eaten yet?"
Miyarkus snorted at the little girl's answer. Well, when did they become the jokester? The man up high has now sped fast from them, probably to run some errands. He returns to answering Ayane's question.

"Um, yeah, earlier? Breakfast. What, you hungry? We can eat at the nearest mall, I could go for an air conditioner right about now. No, not to eat, you know what I mean." Miyarkus said, since sitting outside right now is getting a bit hot. The trees around the courtyard and the one looming over them do provide a nice shade.

Miyarkus snorted at the little girl's answer. Well, when did they become the jokester? The man up high has now sped fast from them, probably to run some errands. He returns to answering Ayane's question.

"Um, yeah, earlier? Breakfast. What, you hungry? We can eat at the nearest mall, I could go for an air conditioner right about now. No, not to eat, you know what I mean." Miyarkus said, since sitting outside right now is getting a bit hot. The trees around the courtyard and the one looming over them do provide a nice shade.

Ayane Katou-

I almost giggled when I imagined him eating an air conditioner. I did smile though, that's probably why he clarified.

"Yeah, okay, let's go do that then. Lead the way," I say, because I definitely don't know where the mall is. With a place like this and all these Gifts, a mall sounds pretty normal. I can go shop there too! Jackpot. Good idea, Mar! And so we start to walk.

Last edited:
[Haku]

Haku looks at Alex in surprise, "There should've been a notification on your Z-Watch a while ago notifying you of the payment."

She gives the fidget spinner another twirl.

"I thought you already could use ice, but with fruity flavors," Haku comments.

[Vivian]

"My Gift is plant manipulation," Vivian answers.

That being said, the group finally moves along and eventually arrives at Vivian's farm. Nothing has changed since she last saw it, as expected. She would have to figure out where to put the extra housing though. Probably somewhere to the left of her current house.

Standing in front of her house, she mentally maps out where she wants the farmland to be and waves a hand.
Instantly, all the weeds and grass in that designated area shrivel up and die.

"I'm thinking fruit trees towards the back and whatever seeds the Factions have provided me towards the front," Vivian states, "The ground needs to be tilled before planting can start. I'll go check what tools they've provided me."

She opens one of the large wooden double doors of the storage shed and starts coughing from the amount of dust inside. Once the coughing fit is over, Vivian takes a good look around--there are many bags of seeds, some feed for the current non-existent animals, basic farmer tools and... what seems to be a tiller!
Vivian pushes the doors open some more to let in more light. Her gaze falls back onto the true form of the tiller.

A tiller meant to be hooked up to animals. Not one of those ones attached to the back of a tractor.

Vivian slowly pivots on the balls of her feet and stares at Ayesha.

Ayesha could pull it, right? It would--
No.
No no no.

Vivian rigidly and awkwardly snaps back to the tiller, firmly keeping her gaze on the machinery.

Vivian! She mentally scolds herself, Don't treat people like they're animals even if they could pull a several hundred pound piece of equipment.

KanTheOne KanTheOne always_confused always_confused WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Last edited:
She opens one of the large wooden double doors of the storage shed and starts coughing from the amount of dust inside. Once the coughing fit is over, Vivian takes a good look around--there are many bags of seeds, some feed for the current non-existent animals, basic farmer tools and... what seems to be a tiller!
Vivian pushes the doors open some more to let in more light. Her gaze falls back onto the true form of the tiller.

A tiller meant to be hooked up to animals. Not one of those ones attached to the back of a tractor.

Vivian slowly pivots on the balls of her feet and stares at Ayesha.

Ayesha could pull it, right? It would--
No.
No no no.

Vivian rigidly and awkwardly snaps back to the tiller, firmly keeping her gaze on the machinery.

Vivian! She mentally scolds herself, Don't treat people like they're animals even if they could pull a several hundred pound piece of equipment.

KanTheOne KanTheOne always_confused always_confused WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Ayesha

As the latest gifted introduces himself to our slowly growing party of farmers and farm hands, Vivian decides to cut the chatter and take us all to her new farm. It's...pretty impressive. Or has the potential to be, in my layman eyes anyway. It's also quite a bit of land to take care of. The good news is the boss herself can manipulate plants, so that takes some of the burden off of us. Still, lots of work ahead. Thankfully, steady work I hope.

As Vivian takes us around and shows us the tools and seeds available, her eyes linger on a tiller....and then she turns and stares at me for a bit before she snaps back to the tiller. Hmmm? Oh...OH! "I-I could try pulling the tiller around if we can't find a farm animal to pull itor a task I'd be better suited to. I've never tried pulling that much weight before though..."

KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Kugo followed her (Vivian) while she showed him and the others around. He took a look around a bit himself. Work shouldnt be that hard right? He thought. He continued to follow till they reached the storage shed.

"Lets see what we have here..." He says to himself, as he opens the doors dust flys from the inside out the door as he covers his face with his arm. I can see this hasn't been touched for while. He takes a looks inside and looks at the equipment. This could be tiring but im up for it. He then sees here look at tiller, he also inspects it form a bit of a distance and it looks like it is used for animals. Then he heard someone say that they could pull it.

"You really think you should do that? I mean it could be really heavy" he said a bit curious. But im just a random person so she probably doesn't care what i think. "I think we should just try to get or find an animal for this, not to sound lazy or anything" he says rushing the last part. After that he turnes away and starts looking at the equipment agian.
IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie always_confused always_confused WhipDing WhipDing

Lexa Gilliam

She stared out at the field as weeds spontaneously began to wither and die. Huh... she had to say, that was actually quite impressive. When she said plant manipulation, Lexa had assumed she meant making things grow a little faster. No wonder she wanted to be a farmer - she was practically born to do it.

Following the rest of the group, she looked around the clearly-neglected storage shed. The first thing she noticed was the variety of tools that had been shoved in there, covered in dust. With a bit of cleaning, they'd be pretty good for... farming. Yep, definitely farming. Not as a quick snack or anything.

She chuckled to herself when Ayesha suggested pulling the tiller around. It just looked heavy - there was no way that Lexa would be able to drag that anywhere. Still... she suspected that Ayesha might actually have the strength to do it, given what she what she'd observed so far. Either way, it be entertaining to watch.

"Well, there's only one way to find out if you can, right?"

always_confused always_confused IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie KanTheOne KanTheOne

[Vivian]

Her face flushes when Ayesha suggests that she could try to pull the tiller.

"I-It would be great if you could pull it," Vivian mumbles, still refusing to look Ayesha in the eye, "This place doesn't have any farm animals."

She peruses the remaining equipment: a cultivator if she needed it, some bags of fertilizer, and a nice stack of trellises. Those would be nice to use. My Gift works better with trellis plants than things like potatoes and cabbages. I think it would look nice if we had trellis plants closer to the house, other crops in the middle, and a nice orchard in the back.

Vivian backs out of the way so the others could easily access the equipment.

WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne Mattie Mattie

Kugo finshes taking a look at the basic equipment and takes a quick look at the others and says "Its a bit stuffy in here imma go outside real quick" he goes outside the storage shed.

"I really wonder what the others gifts are, and how strong that girl is in order to pull that tiller. It seems to weigh alot but maybe she has a gift that deals with strength or somthing. Also I kinda forgot to introduce myself to them cause I am kinda a stranger.

After he done hanging outside for a bit he then brings himself back inside the shed. And leans a bit on the shed's wall. This place will need a bit of cleaning just like the tools. Thus meaning there should be plenty of work to do.

"So what would we be doing first?" He asked. I would think of cleaning sense i can see that it does need it but we could be doing somthing else you never know.
IceSolstice IceSolstice WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie always_confused always_confused

Ayesha

"Peak human strength, in case you're wondering. But enough about that. When do we start, Vivian, and with what?" Farm Work...oh boy. I was wayyy out of my comfort zone doing this kind of labor, but gotta learn sometime, right? Anyway, while we hang around waiting for orders from the chief, I remember we never did ask Kugo what his gift was. "Hey, Kugo, was it? Well, you have a general idea of what our gifts are, might I ask what yours is?"

KanTheOne KanTheOne IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie WhipDing WhipDing

"Well... My gift is basically fire in other words i can create fire" he said "Here i can show you" he said getting in a stance. He started tensing his arm and his hair started to turn form a black to a white.

"Here we go" he says as he tenses his arm and it cacthes a flame. Since he is calm the flame moves fluently but slowly. It has a light red in color. "I can do multiple area's of my body but i just do my arm for now"

He starts tensing his arm more and it goes more violently till it turns to a light orange with a tent of yellow. "This is how strong and hot i can go for now" As he lets go and the fire dissapers. His hair falls and goes back to black.
IceSolstice IceSolstice Mattie Mattie WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused

[Vivian]

"Right now the ground is too hard to actually plant anything, so we have to loosen up the soil first. That's where the tiller comes in. Just start with this front section first and then the others can help by putting up these trellises and planting the seeds," Vivian answers, regaining her confidence.

After Kugo shows off his gift, it appears that Vivian is the only one whose Gift is terrible in combat. She hopes that the Gift distribution in Derika isn't super skewed towards combat Gifts because well...that would mean she'll be in a lot of trouble on her own if something happens.

"Ayesha, if you can't do the entire field that's okay," VIvian adds on, "It'll be good enough for now if we have one section to work with. I'll have to go out and buy some fruit saplings later on for the orchard anyways."

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

[Haku]

Haku looks at Alex in surprise, "There should've been a notification on your Z-Watch a while ago notifying you of the payment."

She gives the fidget spinner another twirl.

"I thought you already could use ice, but with fruity flavors," Haku comments.

@Yuki no Yue @negativenull

Alexander Cyphre

"That is... actually true. Uh. I never thought of it in that light before."

I pondered, while checking my Z-Watch. There was a notification about the quest, actually. And the reward... Well, it wasn't that bad.

Pretty good actually.

"Do you want half of it?" I asked Haku, as she helped me.

Now, normally I wouldn't have offered because I was kind of a... well, miser, at least a bit, but she did help me a lot plus she could be good to do some more work later, so....

[Haku]

"Since we partied up, the rewards were automatically split. There's no need to give me any," Haku states, "But thank you for the consideration."

Haku notices that Vix has been rather silent. She surmises that the slime is still miffed by Martha's reactions towards her.

They eventually arrive back at Brinkhaven and hop on another series of buses to reach the commercial district. There's a clear divide in established stores and marketplace shops and stalls. The marketplace runs down one main street, and many people could be seen shuffling around from store to store looking for any good deals or interesting trinkets. Sellers are yelling out deals, street performers are dazzling audiences, buyers are haggling--the cacophony washes over Haku even though she's a ways from the marketplace.

Perpendicular to the marketplace, the more established stores line the street and have their neat, modern storefronts with glass displays. It is this street that Haku walks down, eyes scanning the familiar storefronts until she arrives at one: Vilks Silks.
The store has mannequin displays wearing nice suits and dresses to show off to the public. Haku grasps the metal handle and pulls the glass door open, feeling a rush of cool air.
Inside are racks and racks full of clothing. Signs on the walls divide up the clothing into gender as well as adults versus children clothing. There's normal clothing, made with quality materials in addition to clothing with special properties--such as ones that shimmer or change color or some that are completely fireproof. What Haku is after though, is aether clothing. The only kind of clothing that would work with her Gift. She peruses through the aether hoodies, looking for one that suited her taste.

"Hello, how may I help you?" a bespectacled woman approaches Haku.

Haku rips her gaze away from the clothing to address the newcomer, "I'm looking for a black hoodie and a pair of jeans my size. All aether."

"Hmmm..." the woman gazes thoughtfully at Haku for several moments and then walks to the rack itself.
The lady plucks a black hoodie and hands it to Haku. She notes that the hoodie is very soft and seems to be well-made. Haku nods approvingly. She wasn't one to dress extravagantly after all.

"That should fit. I guarantee it," the employee winks, "Now if you'll follow me...I'll show you our selection of jeans."

Before following the woman, Haku turns to Alex and comments, "If you want to browse on your own, you can."

Last edited:
[Haku]

"Since we partied up, the rewards were automatically split. There's no need to give me any," Haku states, "But thank you for the consideration."

Haku notices that Vix has been rather silent. She surmises that the slime is still miffed by Martha's reactions towards her.

They eventually arrive back at Brinkhaven and hop on another series of buses to reach the commercial district. There's a clear divide in established stores and marketplace shops and stalls. The marketplace runs down one main street, and many people could be seen shuffling around from store to store looking for any good deals or interesting trinkets. Sellers are yelling out deals, street performers are dazzling audiences, buyers are haggling--the cacophony washes over Haku even though she's a ways from the marketplace.

Perpendicular to the marketplace, the more established stores line the street and have their neat, modern storefronts with glass displays. It is this street that Haku walks down, eyes scanning the familiar storefronts until she arrives at one: Vilks Silks.
The store has mannequin displays wearing nice suits and dresses to show off to the public. Haku grasps the metal handle and pulls the glass door open, feeling a rush of cool air.
Inside are racks and racks full of clothing. Signs on the walls divide up the clothing into gender as well as adults versus children clothing. There's normal clothing, made with quality materials in addition to clothing with special properties--such as ones that shimmer or change color or some that are completely fireproof. What Haku is after though, is aether clothing. The only kind of clothing that would work with her Gift. She peruses through the aether hoodies, looking for one that suited her taste.

"Hello, how may I help you?" a bespectacled woman approaches Haku.

Haku rips her gaze away from the clothing to address the newcomer, "I'm looking for a black hoodie and a pair of jeans my size. All aether."

"Hmmm..." the woman gazes thoughtfully at Haku for several moments and then walks to the rack itself.
The lady plucks a black hoodie and hands it to Haku. The hoodie is very soft and seems to be well-made. Haku nods approvingly. She wasn't one to dress extravagantly after all.

"That should fit. I guarantee it," the employee winks, "Now if you'll follow me...I'll show you our selection of jeans."

Before following the woman, Haku turns to Alex and comments, "If you want to browse on your own, you can."

Alexander Cyphre

"I'll look around."

The store was impressive, clearly pretty high end. I simply wandered around, looking to clothing and readying the various tag that explained what special property the clothes had.

It was interesting, but I wasn't in need of new clothes right now and nothing held my attention for more than a few minutes.

In the end I simply waited for Haku to finish.

[Vivian]

"Right now the ground is too hard to actually plant anything, so we have to loosen up the soil first. That's where the tiller comes in. Just start with this front section first and then the others can help by putting up these trellises and planting the seeds," Vivian answers, regaining her confidence.

After Kugo shows off his gift, it appears that Vivian is the only one whose Gift is terrible in combat. She hopes that the Gift distribution in Derika isn't super skewed towards combat Gifts because well...that would mean she'll be in a lot of trouble on her own if something happens.

"Ayesha, if you can't do the entire field that's okay," VIvian adds on, "It'll be good enough for now if we have one section to work with. I'll have to go out and buy some fruit saplings later on for the orchard anyways."

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Ayesha Nawaz

Kugo's powers were definitely more visually appealing than the ones any of us have. Also very useful. We're certainly not lacking 'fire' power if someone decides to attack this farm. For whatever reason someone would attack a farm.

And speaking of said farm...it seems like I really was going to be dragging a tiller weighing a few hundred pounds. I was capable of doing it, yes, even if I'd preferred I hadn't revealed anything when I caught Judas a few hours back. It wasn't that my powers were that impressive, or that I didn't trust Vivian and the others, it was just...hard to explain. Maybe it was how my 'family', as terrible as they were, reacted to them back then. Maybe it was the general atmosphere of distrust that society showed towards the gifted, outside of Derika. Whatever the reason, I decided to sandbag. I felt a sense of growing guilt the entire time I got work to the fake extent of my capabilities, considering how much trust Vivian had shown by giving me this job. To assuage my guilty conscience, I did slightly more work than she might have expected, doing 3/4ths of the trellis section and starting work on the 4th before faking exhaustion as the day came to an end.

"That was harder work than I've done my entire life, not gonna lie. I knew farmwork was going to be exhausting, but I didn't think it'd be this tough!" And that was true, even with my sandbagging. I had manage to work up a sweat and was definitely the 2nd most tiring thing I'd ever done, second to my err...unorthodox way of making it to Derika (kind of...).

IceSolstice IceSolstice KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Kugo wacthed as Ayesha started to till the ground. He look surprised as she pulled the tiller. "That thing is heavy..." He just stood there for a while till she got done with the first part.

"Alright" he said as he went back inside the storage shed and got some tools to set up the trellis. He went back out and started to set it up. He looked up every now and then thinking this will take a while. He kept going right when he got finshed with the second side Ayesha got stoped. "Well she looks she got 3/4 done" He stood up and stretched a bit, "Looks like the day is almost over" thus working a bit faster to get done. Witch he just maneged to do. After he got done he looked back at his job. This took a while...but its alright.

He then walked over to Ayesha and said "That's crazy that you could pull somthing that heavy for that long" he said while smileing. He then looked back at the tiller and stared for a bit then to look towerds Vivian to see what she would say.

Lexa Gilliam

Lexa rustled through the set of tools as the others got to work, Ayesha impressively pulling out the tiller out onto the field all on her own. Damn, she was strong. The tools were mostly in good shape, some slightly rusted through neglect.

Other than one of rakes. The head had entirely snapped off at some point, leaving just a wooden stick with a sharp bit of metal on the end. What a shame. That wouldn't be much use to anyone, except perhaps as a very makeshift weapon, which hardly seemed useful on a farm, especially given their Gifts. Guess she'd better get rid of it - wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves accidentally...

It didn't take long for her to shove it in mouth, one hand steadying it, and the other pushing it slowly into her mouth as she munched on the end of it. She had checked to see if anyone was watching of course, just in case anyone disapproved of her brazenness. Surprising, she got a strong taste of metal as she made her way down the pole - apparently it had some kind of reinforced interior. Either way, it was soon entirely engulfed, a reasonable meal for a reasonable woman.

She walked out, notably well over six foot now, with some of the seeds that had been left laying around. She began work planting them in the areas that Ayesha had already tilled, poking holes into the ground with a single rock-hard finger, and dropping single seeds in, before covering them back up. She could used to this life, as much as she hated to admit it.

IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused Mattie Mattie KanTheOne KanTheOne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back