• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Derika - Land of the Gifted [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Abbey

As Vivian, Lexa, Kugo, and Ayesha start on their assigned tasks, Abbey stands off to one side, looking down at her hands. Soft and smooth palms, pale, delicate skin, slender fingers, and carefully trimmed nails. The last time Abbey could recall getting her hands dirty was a decade ago in elementary school. Sure, she'd done messy work when she'd come into her Gift--her Gift practically required it when augmenting animals--but that was just bloody, not physically strenuous. Even chores were dealt with by maids, as her parents had deemed any time not spend on research as a waste of Abbey's time.

In stark contrast to Abbey's borderline frail figure were Ayesha and Lexa. One was pulling a several-hundred pound piece of farming equipment like a workhorse faster than a workhorse, while the other was literally stabbing holes in the ground with their bare hands without any apparent pain. And at least Kugo had the advantage of being male. If her coworkers could use their Gifts to do their jobs, Abbey could to. However, it wouldn't be good to be thought of as lazy, so Abbey had to do something...

And so, Abbey promptly walks straight into Vivian's cabin and sits down at the dining table, pulling a laptop out of her backpack. She'd come up with plenty of ideas on how to improve the equipment or her coworkers to better handle their jobs in a few days. Photosynthetic skin? Better hydration retaintment? Maybe a more UV-ray resistant skin? And on the off chance they declined Abbey's free upgrades for some reason, maybe she could alter some common animals to farm for her. But training alone wouldn't be sufficient, unless she made her 'workers' far more intelligent than she was comfortable with. Maybe a control interface embedded directly in the brain? Something to look into...

Outside, Judas reluctantly digs holes in the ground with metal paws, slowly baking in the heat. Metal armor didn't mix well with direct sunlight, but Judas was a loyal doggo through and through.

IceSolstice IceSolstice always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing

"Yeah, flying is fun! I can give other people their own wings too!" Alice says animatedly and smiles back.

"Ooh, electricity is pretty cool--or should I say electrifying," Alice winks, "The Elemental Faction is the best Faction! We can have people who create and manipulate cats!"

Alice pauses a brief moment before answering, tilting her head to the side while in thought, "I'd suggest the meat! The steak is very juicy and tasty and the lamb skewers are nicely seasoned!"

"I was going to not make that joke because I thought it would be too bad. But now I see that my standards of humor should fit in perfectly here!" Lysander said with a laugh. "I was also not aware that cats were considered an element. I'll have to remember that. Anyway, I'm gonna grab something to eat and then see about finding a job. Start earning my keep and all that."

Neggy, having neglected RP for far too long decides that they need to actually make a post. So they have Vix decide to get a pair of aetherite shoes for a reason that may or may not become apparent later on, and also start absent minded humming jingle jangle jingle.

IceSolstice IceSolstice Y Yuki no Yue

Last edited:
[Haku]

Hmmm.. She couldn't decide between two pairs of jeans so Haku ends up buying both of them. Haku pats the jean pockets appreciatively. Thankfully Brinkhaven wasn't as backward as the rest of the world and had real spacious pockets on their pants for women.

Haku takes her bundle of clothes to the cashier, not bothering to double check to see if they fit since she trusts that the lady had a Gift that allowed her to determine if the clothes would fit or not.
The cashier rings up the total and Haku scans the QR code provided with her Z-Watch. A notification on her Z-Watch asks Haku to confirm the amount and she obliges, sending the payment.

Although her face doesn't show much, Haku happily totes around the bag with her new clothes and calls out to Vix and Alex, letting them know that she's done with shopping.

Y Yuki no Yue negativenull negativenull

[Alice]

"Okay!" Alice chirps and flits over to the trays.

Two of them grow wings and float over to land on the counter. Alice begins piling on various cuts of meat, such as drumsticks, steak, salmon fillets, and slices of honey ham. On her other plate she grabs some garlic bread, a salad, and some slices of watermelon--she needed to be healthy in order to fight for justice after all.

Humming to herself, she looks for a place to sit down, the trays hovering beside her.

Spectre558 Spectre558

[Vivian]

Vivian oversees the progress with satisfaction. Ayesha tilled a surprising amount of land, for which she is grateful for.

All that's left now is to water the plants--some of the earlier planted seeds are already sprouting, tiny green shoots pushing through the dirt. Vivian estimates that they'll be full grown overnight.

She hooks up a hose to the outdoor water tap and runs it all the way down to the finished section. Vivian then proceeds to water all of the plants.
Once she's done, she wipes her brow and takes a few moments to admire the view.
It's so nice being away from my parents. It's a little scary that I'm officially on my own for now making my own living but I'm sure I'll get through it just fine. I'm a legal adult now.

"We're done for today if you guys want to go back home!" Vivian hollers to the others, "I'm going to go check up on Abbey now too!"

When Vivan enters her house this time, she savors it compared to the hurried rush from before. Her eyes roam around the estate, noting the living room to the right of the entrance with its couches, a TV, and tea table. To the left is the dining room and kitchen with a sleek modern looking refrigerator and a cherry dining table set.

Wow. The Factions must have a lot of money to throw around. Or maybe it's not expensive if you factor in Gifts? It's really weird to think that something like gold wouldn't be worth much here...

Vivian goes up to Abbey and gently taps her shoulder, "So what have you been up to?"

Mattie Mattie WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne

Tenten Emilia

Tenten was a stow away on the boat to Derika. She compressed her black goopy form into a clear soda bottle. Sve was kicked around in the lower deck, but it was better than being thrown overboard in the middle of the ocean. Tenten felt the boat stop, which meaned she will have to go through security soon. Luckily, some idiot made it easier to get past the secruity after the bottle she was in was thrown over to port area. She landed in the water with bottle intact, floating to the sandy beach. Tenten popped the cap open with a push and pulled herself out. It took a few seconds for her to form into her childform. "Fresh air!" She sighed in relief, stretching her arms. "Now, what should I do? Oh! I should find a place to stay."She didn't want to stay in some crummy motel with unexplainable stains on the blankets. "A apartment will do. I have plenty of money anyways." She said to herself as she began to skip futher into the city.

[Haku]

Hmmm.. She couldn't decide between two pairs of jeans so Haku ends up buying both of them. Haku pats the jean pockets appreciatively. Thankfully Brinkhaven wasn't as backward as the rest of the world and had real spacious pockets on their pants for women.

Haku takes her bundle of clothes to the cashier, not bothering to double check to see if they fit since she trusts that the lady had a Gift that allowed her to determine if the clothes would fit or not.
The cashier rings up the total and Haku scans the QR code provided with her Z-Watch. A notification on her Z-Watch asks Haku to confirm the amount and she obliges, sending the payment.

Although her face doesn't show much, Haku happily totes around the bag with her new clothes and calls out to Vix and Alex, letting them know that she's done with shopping.

@Yuki no Yue @negativenull

Alexander Cyphre

Oh? That was pretty fast. I didn't even had the time to check out the whole store. Still, it's not like I needed the clothes right now.

"Well, we can go. Any suggestion on what to do now?"

Now that I think of it, I still need to unpack...

Ayesha Nawaz

Lexa was poking holes into the ground with a finger like it was nothing. It was definitely impressive and made me wonder what her upper limits were and how long the effects lasted. Anyway, that idle thought aside, it looks like we've done quite a bit of work today. I address her and Kugo as we relax a little, "I think we deserve a pat on the back. Not bad for our first day! I could really go for a shower after all of that."

KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie IceSolstice IceSolstice

Kari floated on a small metal boat, which she layed on, her clothes ragged though enough, as she approached the shoreline, she got up slowly, her hair in a small ponytail, a suitcase on her chest, "W-where am I..." She paused looking at the nine-year-old on the beach "Hello, Erm... Do you know where this is?" she looked at the child quietly, the sword at her side gleaming in the sunlight.
Kisaki Kisaki

Tenten Emilia

Tenten turned around to the girl. She looked her up and down then spoke, " You're on Derika, of course." She pointed to the fading sign next to her saying, ' Welcome to Derika'. Tenten had second thoughts about her appearance now. Somone or maybe even the girl infront of her could call child services, thinking she's a lost child. "I'm new by the way. I'm not that informed about the city itself." She explained.
Hexxy Hexxy

Dan Ryder

Dan crawled out from underneath the entrance to the faction building, panting heavily. That had been far, far too close - the sheer number of people, none of which seemed inclined to keep still, in there had been incredibly dangerous. Nothing about that had been pleasant at all.

He looked around him, looking for anywhere that might be considered safe for someone like him. There was less foot traffic out here, but he knew from experience that that could change pretty fast. He didn't have a plan anymore. Unless he got lucky and was discovered again, he was back at square one, just trying to stay alive. And of course, this had all let him pretty exhausted, so he wasn't really in the mood to travel far anymore.

The only thing that seemed even remotely unexposed was a single piece of chocolate, sitting discarded near the door he'd just emerged from, but still unopened in its wrapper. The sight of it reminded him that he hadn't eaten anything since he'd gotten here, his stomach rumbling to confirm that fact. It wasn't ideal, but it was better than nothing.

He wandered over to it, the journey still taking him a minute or two at this size, despite it being on the same doorstep as he was. It wasn't hard to peel back a tiny bit of the blue foil, and to find his way to the sweet food inside. He used both his hands and his mouth to burrow out a small area for himself, large enough to contain his entire body. It wasn't long before he was stuffed full, satisfied with his work.

With little left to do, he crawled into the crevice he'd carved in the chocolate's surface, and pulled the wrapper back over the opening to shield himself from the outside. He had a lot of problems to deal with, but right now, he just wanted to rest.

[open for interaction]

Lexa Gilliam

Lexa nodded in reply to Ayesha, the boost from eating the rake earlier starting to wear off. She could feel her skin beginning to soften, returning to a more human-like form.

"Yup, not bad considering there's only the five of us. Shower definitely doesn't seem like a bad idea."

She pulled out a tissue, and wiped down her hands. That was one nice benefit of her Gift - it was a lot easier to clean herself when her body wasn't all spongy and absorbent like most people. It wasn't something that she usually thought about, but it was pretty handy right now.

"So, any plans for after this?"

always_confused always_confused KanTheOne KanTheOne

Kari smiled "Ah thank you, By the way I am Kari. Why don't we explore the city together, I mean if you want to..." Kari smiled, as she put on some fresh clothes over her wreaked clothes. Kari quickly smoked a cigarette before she put it out then threw it away. Kisaki Kisaki

Tenten Emilia

" A traveling partner? It dosen't sound bad, sure!" Tenten replied. " Also, my name is Tenten." She added, crossing her arms as she watched Kari smoke. Her nose twitched, " Now that you are dressed with more presentable clothing and smoked, we should find somewhere to stay or pinpoint some important locations. Anything in mind?" Tenten asked.
Hexxy Hexxy

Kari looked at Tenten, "A hotel would be a good idea yes" She looked at Tenten for agreement, as she made a metal bottle cap float 2 feet from her hand. "So what is your gift?" she looked at Tenten.

Tenten Emilia
Hexxy Hexxy

" A hotel.... Okay, let's find a hotel that is clean." Tenten said. "You are strong with the force." The girl giggled. It was her turn now. Tenten turned into her black matter form which looked like a blob of floating ink. The matter was soon compressed into a taller form, revealing to be her true form. " I can change my age at will and mimic certian items." She said.

She smiled as her bottle cap morphed into a sword, which took a couple minutes, "Ithe nearest 5star hotel isn't far away... It would most likely be in the central plaza" she said looking at Tenten " you have a very special gift " Kisaki Kisaki

Lexa Gilliam

Lexa nodded in reply to Ayesha, the boost from eating the rake earlier starting to wear off. She could feel her skin beginning to soften, returning to a more human-like form.

"Yup, not bad considering there's only the five of us. Shower definitely doesn't seem like a bad idea."

She pulled out a tissue, and wiped down her hands. That was one nice benefit of her Gift - it was a lot easier to clean herself when her body wasn't all spongy and absorbent like most people. It wasn't something that she usually thought about, but it was pretty handy right now.

Ayesha Nawaz

Taking a seat next to Lexa and Kugo, I open one of the water bottles Vivian had thoughtfully left in a cooler and take a deep drink of it. The cool, refreshing water goes quite a way in making me feel better.

"Well...I dunno, to be honest. Originally thought it'd be just Vivian and I, in which case I figure I'd do whatever she wanted me to do and hit the sack. No real plan beyond farm and the bed. But now...think we have time to take a quick look around 'town'?"

WhipDing WhipDing KanTheOne KanTheOne @IceSolistice

Kugo looks back at all the work we maneged to do then he answers lexa's question. "Not really i never planed that far yet" he says

"Also if ypu guys are going to look around the city I will be willing to go with you if you dont mind, its not like i have better things to do" he says literally since he hasn't planed that for agian.
IceSolstice IceSolstice WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused

Lexa Gilliam

"Sure, don't see why not. It'd probably be a good idea to find out way around this place if we're going to living here for a while."

In reality, Lexa was mildly nervous about being out and about this late - not for own sake, obviously, it wasn't like anything was going to hurt her anytime soon. But... well, bad things tended to happen for her after sundown.

Tenten Emilia
Hexxy Hexxy

"Cool! I can do something similiar to that." Tenten stated as she looked at the newly made sword. "Thanks. I just wish I can mimic a car so we don't have to walk." Tenten said with a smile. She pulled out a map of the city from her cat bag. " This should be a five minute walk. Let's go." Tenten started to walk forward. She really hoped the hot will have good beds.

Kari began to collect scrap metal, as she focused, the metal binding and stretching, to form a car, as Kari finished she fell to her knees, "Ouch... I shouldn't have used that much energy..." She muttered, as she attempted to get back up, as she fell once more Kisaki Kisaki

Ashes met concrete as one Abel Corvin breathed in the toxic smoke of tobacco, a grumble from his throat as he leaned against the railing. His last day here. Hard to really think straight with that in your head.

Glancing at the letter, he had to sigh. Therapists idea, not his. Seemed to think it would be "better" for him. A way to get away from the city he had grown up in...

With a jingle from his phone, he realized it was time to go. He was really doing this it seemed...damn.

Shouldering one of the only two bags he needed, he headed down the stairs, the second in tow. It didnt take long for him to load up in the therapists car, and get seated comfortably. Looking out the window to his ran down shack of an apartment building, he couldnt help but let a small smile tug at his lips." You know...lot easier to leave, knowing I wont ever see it again...lets get to the docks. I dont want to be here much longer..."

And that was it. Within the next two hours he was on a boat, heading away with the shore vanishing in the distance. The trip wasnt bad. It was...bizarre. Time moved in such a way, he couldnt tell if it was quick, or drug on... Which ever it did, he was happy it was done.

Stepping free of the boat, he sighed, looking out to the ocean. He could get used to that sight. Nothing in fhe distance...just water. Guess it felt like everything that happened...was far behind him. Shaking his head, and calling himself an idiot, he gathered his things, and started off.

Calling the man who orchestrated all this, his therapist answered the phone on the first ring.
"Hey...uh, yeah, yeah, i made it alright...no the ride wasnt bad. Kinda a blur...yeah, so, im gonna go to the faction agency... My infos in the file yeah yeah I got that...uh huh... Uh huh...ok! Thanks. Ill...ill give you a call when ive gotten settled...yeah...you do the same...alright. Later..."

Amazingly the agency wasnt hard to find. Had people giving directions and all kinds of things. Easy. Wasnt much of a hang up about cirtification, other than the back ground check. Quick call to a judge, however got that cleared up. Only other issue was they practically forced first aide on him. Yeah his arm was abit scrapped up,but it was nothing he hadnt dealt with...besides that though And he. Found himself good and legal...you know when things seem to go...abit too smoothly? Pretty much how he felt right now...

"Now i gotta work on getting a building bought...who the hell do I talk to about that..?"

The faction recruitment building. It was, well, bland. Yura had expected something a bit more grand. To be fair, her imagination did raise her expectations to the roof, which not even the skyscrapers of Dubai could reach. The only thing that truly stood out was a girl sitting just outside the building. She didn’t look particularly busy, and half looked like she was having an existential crisis.

Being the social moth that she was, she decided to go talk with her. She took the stick of the now finished dum dum and tucked it into her shirt pocket; they were really starting to add up. Waving a hand in the girl’s face, she presented her with a snickers bar. “Hoi. You’re not you when you’re hungry.” She said, attempting to make a friendly expression. In other words, she simply stared blankly at her. It would be a while yet before she noticed the object on the girl’s lap.

Mattie Mattie

"Okay!" Alice chirps and flits over to the trays.

Two of them grow wings and float over to land on the counter. Alice begins piling on various cuts of meat, such as drumsticks, steak, salmon fillets, and slices of honey ham. On her other plate she grabs some garlic bread, a salad, and some slices of watermelon--she needed to be healthy in order to fight for justice after all.

Humming to herself, she looks for a place to sit down, the trays hovering beside her.

Lysander looked on with surprise as the newly flying trays floated about. "Thats weird... but also pretty cool." He got himself a tray of his own, getting himself a big juicy steak and some other odds and ends. Once he had arranged an appetizing meal for himself, Lysander walked over to where Alice was searching for a seat.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked. "I don't really know anyone else yet."

Kugo looks back at all the work we maneged to do then he answers lexa's question. "Not really i never planed that far yet" he says

"Also if ypu guys are going to look around the city I will be willing to go with you if you dont mind, its not like i have better things to do" he says literally since he hasn't planed that for agian.
IceSolstice IceSolstice WhipDing WhipDing always_confused always_confused

Lexa Gilliam

"Sure, don't see why not. It'd probably be a good idea to find out way around this place if we're going to living here for a while."

In reality, Lexa was mildly nervous about being out and about this late - not for own sake, obviously, it wasn't like anything was going to hurt her anytime soon. But... well, bad things tended to happen for her after sundown.

Ayesha Nawaz

"What about dinner? I have a few 'Z-bucks' on me, I figure we can probably afford something cheap. We can leave the serious exploring of the city for some other time. What do you two think?" The food at the Immigration Center wasn't bad, considering it was made for quantity and not quality. It bodes well for the food culture in the rest of the country, at least I think it does.

There is the issue of running into trouble, but as a country filled with gifted I'm guessing...and hoping that Derika has a well oiled law enforcement agency. That and between the three of us, we should probably be able to handle gifted that aren't too high up their in terms of power, right?

@IceSolistice KanTheOne KanTheOne WhipDing WhipDing Mattie Mattie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back