• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

"There better be bacon involved." She kissed him again, a smile on her features. "And coffee." She gave him another kiss and poked his sides, before climbing off the couch.

@KattRai

"Not all of us were slain." Scath watched Liliana as she tried her best not to gawk at him. As he watched he caught a sight glimpse of something in the sky. A shape, vaguely reminiscent of his own. He watched the sky as he pondered on what he had seen. Could there be another Dragon here? Turning his attention back to Liliana, he continued, "Well, my fair Lady Valkyrie, what will be your next move?" Scath wondered if she had truly expected to find a Dragon, or if this was a mere chance meeting.

@KattRai @sitanomoto

Piper nodded and turned around, immediately calling for a team. She picked up a map of the city and starting shooting off orders, pointing smaller teams to different areas. "I'll take agent Sander and you three. We're going to this area here. There might be people hiding in the basements of these hotels."

The agents Piper gave orders to had only just arrived when she started firing off orders, and they scrambled to accommodate. As the rest of the agents who were coming started arriving from DC. As Piper was giving her orders, Greyston applied his sunscreen very liberally. He hated fighting in his work clothes, and was glad he had a change of clothes and sunscreen in his bag he kept under his dest. He dug out sunglasses, and told the rest of the agents the plan once Piper had finished. "Our job is to cover those searching for survivors and to start trying to charge up some of the buildings." He told them, "Don't worry about property damage, theres so much already that it doesn't matter any more." He finished explaining the details, and finally asked if everyone was ready to head out. When they replied, he told Piper to get everyone loaded in the vehicles waiting outside, and he went to change into an outfit more suitable for fighting- a sweatsuit- that way his skin was covered. Of course, he kept his weapons on him, still.

@Kylesar1

When the shadow crossed the sky, Lilliana glanced up at it for just a moment, then returned her gaze to the dragon. "So, you seem to be more than the vile, greedy beast of some legends, you did not attack me outright, and you spoke." She said, more to herself than to the dragon. "So you must be one of the helpful ones, like those who aided the heroes of old... Are there many of you left?" She remained tense and ready to fight should the dragon attack. She wasn't certain how accurate her assessment was.

Zhaine smiled at Alexa and her kisses, "Bacon and coffee, then?" he asked, repaying her pokes with tickles before she could get up, then he stopped and let her stand, and he stood too. He headed into the kitchen to make pancakes, bacon, and sausage.

At Lilliana's question Scath sighed, noticeably bothered by the question, as if old memories had been brought back to the surface. Finally, he spoke again, "No." His eyes met those of Lilliana. "No, there are not many of us left, no matter what our stance was. When the hunt began it had but one goal, and it almost accomplished it." Scath noticed now that Lilliana was tense, poised in an almost fighting posture. "Relax my dear, I mean you no harm, as long as you plan on doing the same for me."

@KattRai

Luke walked outside to the car. "Ready to go?" He decided to leave his laptop here, as he wouldn't need it

Mira crept behind Zhaine, before jumping and perfectly leaping onto his back. "I'm coming with you!" She gently nipped at his neck while she resided on his back.

Greyston headed out to the vehicles, and they headed out towards New Orleans. Greyston made some calls on his cellphone as the drove, requesting a military assistance.

"My apologies, I did not mean to bring up bad memories." Lilliana said, "And I have no intentions to harm you, if you've none to harm me. So it appears that we both should be fine." With those words, she relaxed as much as she ever did, and stepped towards the creek to sit on the bank. "You made quite a display when you arrived." She stated.

Zhaine's gate hardly faltered when Alexa leapt to his back. "Oh, are you now, little Cling-on?" he asked with a grin in his voice

Zhaine smiled, and moved his arms to help support her until he got into the kitchen. Once in the kitchen he proceeded to work on a pancake breakfast for 2. "So, should I put food dye in them to spice it up?" He asked her, reaching for the coloured liquids.

"How old are we now?"

Before getting a response she laughed, while nodding.

"Yes. We've done this for so many years..."

She kissed him again, before playfully licking the side of his cheek.

"Here we go." Luke said, as they started to approach the minions. This was to be a huge pain in his ass. "We may need to speed up." He got prepared to summon fighting bots.

@KattRai

@Sleipnir

Scath thought about that statement as he slid into the river and swam closer to the other bank, feeling that it would be safe to close the distance some. "Davenport no doubt. That was...oh nothing worth mentioning. Just another relic of the past I suppose." Scath found a boulder close enough to Lilliana to allow for easy conversation, but without feeling to close. He eased himself up onto the boulder with just his tail slightly dipping into the water as he laid down, enjoying the sun the was now shining through the clouds. He chuckled slightly, thinking about Davenport. "I can see how that would be bothersome to some of the locals, but so far you have been the only person I have seen looking for me." Scath watched Lilliana intently. She seemed at ease being near him. Then it occured..

"Forgive me my dear, it would seem introductions would now be appropriate. I am Scath. To who do I owe the acquaintance?"

Seeing a group of more pest coming, I summon a horde of Mi-go and send them to exterminate the nuisances.

Piper moved out with her group, heading to the tourist district. She began working, cutting down Mi-Go as they came. Her group kept up nicely excepting Sander, who forged ahead, rapidly taking the beasts down without effort.

Luke summoned a RC electric turret on the top of the car. Utilizing the camera built in for vision, and RC controls, he proceeded to shoot the incoming minions with electric enhanced bullets, focusing mostly on the front so the car could progress. The head creature in charge would need more than these little minions to stop them.

r3_breach_turret_by_meckanicalmind-d49ysra.jpg

They were doing good, but some minions would ram the car on the sides when they got to it. Hard. This vehicle was armored, so damage wasn't an issue. Not being able to drive it was the issue at hand. "Focus your fire on the sides! I got the front. We're fucked if this car flips over." There were an insane number of these minions converging on their position.

Watching the battle, I am filled with excitement as I see more and more of my minions joining the fight, knowing that my enemies cant stand in my way forever. Wanting to break their moral I begin calling out to them. " Why do you oppose the inevitable, this planet will be mine once more! No one can challenge the great Yog-Dagor. If you surrender now I will grant you and quick death, but if you continue to defy me, then you shall face a fate worst than death!"

( There will be other cases after this right? I liked the investigation you lead to find the black dog and I hope it wont be all just huge deity fights.... Anyway now for my post)

William sighed as he put his formal suit on. Being a human was so wierd. He still wasnt used to the lack of water, wearing clothes or these wiggly miniature tentacles people called fingers. It was all quite new for him, the cars, the big bulidings, and television. Way too much. Fortunately, the Department found him when they did and after a while he got used to it. Now, he was a detective in-training. They said, his skills would do good for investigations and defending the human population from the supernatural criminals.

As he entered the HQ, William gazed around. The Department was sure a wonder. Hundreds of people, working alongside monsters, defending the population. He didnt meet many of them yet. He got to see that vampire for a short time, never talked to him though. He saw Banshees, Werewolves and several other creatures around here. Nothing was like him tho. No one knew the process of him living and learning every day. As he continued down the hall, he entered the debriefing center where he waited for some case to be offered. He needed to wait for the others, as they were fighting a huge monstrosity in New Orleans.... It was okay. He had time.

(The plan is indeed to have other investigations too. We honestly weren't expecting Cosmic Horror Battle to happen!)

"Freakin' Sander," Piper heard someone breath behind her, surprised by his ability. She had known him when he was in the field and this was the only reason she brought him — someone was probably scrambling to find the desk work he was assigned now. She felt aomething slam into the side of her, knocking her down - it was a Mi-go. She scrambled to get up as well as she could but as it approached her best bet was to scrabble back.

Suddenly a huge black something body-slammed it and forced it down, ripping violently at it. After several moments, she recognized the form of a dog.

The biggest dog she'd ever seen — the size of a young cow. Suddenly it turned to her, and she stared at it, slightly terrified. It's silver eyes studied her a moment, then suddenly, it dove into the cement and disappeared. Slowly, she stood up. She heard a voice call. "Reed?" She turned.

"I'm... I think I'm okay," she yelled back.

"You are." She turned sharply. The man from the library was standing there. He held out a hand. "Galleytrot, by the way. Friendly neighborhood Black Dog. I'm here to help with civilians."

Greyston was in the car behind the turret, and he swung up through the whole in the roof to fire off shots at the Mi-Go's at the sides. He noticed Piper had gotten out of the car up ahead, clearly that's where she't start her search, and used the car's radios to instruct the others to form a perimeter around the building, for now they needed to ensure the safety of the survivors, the question was if they should simply stay keep this building as a base. He noticed a building that was still mostly standing about a block away, and decided the'd work their ways towards that. When the beast spoke to them, he couldn't help but grin, and shout back, "Hey, I'm already dead! So why don't you give it your best shot?!" That maybe wasn't the smartest thing to do, but he did it as he kept up firing at the migos. 'We need that army presence... and soon.'

Back at the main department, things had settled down some. A few of the agents were talking with each other about the recent dragon sighting. A few others monitored the situation in New Orleans, those who were discussed heading to Baton Rouge so they could monitor it from less of a distance. They weren't good in the field, so no doubt that's why Greyston didn't bring them with him. Another few people were fighting over who would get to go investigate the latest murder case- it seemed simple, a basic vampire killing.

"Góðan dag, Scath. I am Lilliana, a daughter of Freja, as you know. If it is any comfort to you, I did not truly come out with the expectations of finding you. Though it is nice to meet one of your kind. What brings you up to DC?" She was always curious about the dragons of old, and was glad that they hadn't been hunted to extinction.

Zhaine grinned, and turned his attention away from the green and blue pancakes and kissed Alexa's cheek, too. "You know, I wish I would have asked you out sooner, my love."

"Ah stop whining you bufoons" William said as he overheard the conversation. "I will go. You lot are so lazy that you couldnt handle a cat in tree case, for crying out loud" he said as he grabbed his coat and drove to the scene of the murder in his appointed car he got recently. Nasty thing this technology. It messed with his head.

As he entered the backalley where the murder was commited, his eyes fell on the victim. Caucasian, male, aproximatavely 30 years old, with two puncture marks on his neck and another clear sign which seemed of a stabbing bellow his jawline.

"Interesting" William mused in his cold endeavour. "The marks seem vampric of nature" he thought to himself as he continued to examine the dead body. There still remained the wound of the presumed stabbing though....

"Why didn't you? And you also haven't answered my question...are you like me or not?"

She leant in to kiss him, before pushing him up against a counter, arms either side of his torso.

"Answer my bloody question...do not avoid it, or I will never kiss you again..."

She threatened Zhaine with a very harsh glare.

As Will was investigating the body, another man drew nearer, and realized someone was already there to investigate, he turned silently to leave.

He was surprised by her sudden intensity, but then he gave her his cocky smile, and said, "Why is it that I don't believe you, Lexi?" He asked, reaching his arm to flip the pancake. "But, if you're asking if I can see people's pasts, and occasionally their futures, then I suppose I must answer truthfully now that we are dating. Yes, I can."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back