• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Hel

Daughter of Loki
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
DDAMPSEA is the Department of Defense Against Malicious Supernatural, Paranormal, and Extraterrestrial Activity. The agents in this department are charged with protecting all citizens of the country- but specifically humans- from any species who means to harm others. When it comes to human crime, usually the local police forces can handle taking care of it. However, when the crime is of supernatural, paranormal, or extraterrestrial nature they call for help from the experts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday morning

Cornelius Greyston leaned back in his chair, his feet propped up on his desk in front of him and repeatedly tossed a ball into the air, a clear sign of boredom, as he waited for something to happen. 'I'm so sick of paperwork, can't we get some real work? We haven't had a case since last Wednesday!' he thought to himself. In a way, he supposed that was a good thing, it meant that not enough supernatural, paranormal, or extraterrestrial crimes had been committed this week to warrant him getting a case himself. However, he still had to do paperwork for the cases that the agents under him were on, which was so much more boring than fieldwork.

"Hey, Piper!" he called into his parters office, through the open door. "You like paperwork, right? Why don't you come take over some of mine?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Piper slid back in her rolling chair, raising her eyebrows. "That's not my job, Greyston," she called back. "You aren't the only one with a pile of paperwork!"

She sighed heavily. She was in fact just as bored as her partner but, being considered the "responsible" one, she couldn't afford to complain out loud. She sometimes was suspicious that the only reason her partner was still employed was because of his talent in the field... He was certainly no wonder when it came to office work.

"Oh, come on! I'll give you a massage in exchange!" he joked, "Relax those tense muscles, surely you need one from sitting up so straight all the time."

She scoffed, throwing a look somewhere between a scowl and a smirk at him. "One of us has to look straight," she replied. "Do your own paperwork!"

"Such sharp words!" he said, putting his overdramatic flair to practice, then he sighed and returned to his own paperwork.

Piper smiled slightly, then turned back to her own work, suppressing another slight groan. It was, indeed, boring. Nothing had happened since Monday and now she'd had nothing at all to do but catch up here. "Better than that situation dealing with the sirens," she thought out loud. "You made them so angry."

"Well, you know, women can be a bit sensitive when an attractive man rejects their advances, huh?" Greyston said, smiling to himself at the memory.

She laughed. "And every other advance they tried." She glanced at Cornelius. "Killing 'em was rough. The water was really cold."

"It was December, after all," he mused back. "What I wouldn't give for another Siren fight right now, though."

Piper scoffed. "Easy for you to say! They can't get to you! I'd rather to paper work than deal with sirens any day of the week."

"Good luck with that," she told him. "Almost everyone wants something. You're a huge exception."

"Ah, well, one can only hope." Greyston said with a fake sigh. Around this time, the phone rang, and Greyston answered it, "Yes, yes. Really, okay, we're on our way."

He looked at his partner, "Piper, we have a case- locked door murder, we are so taking this one, wait until you see the scene."

Piper raised her eyebrows but didn't argue, standing up. She was curious — it had to be good. To call in their Department it had to be clear a human couldn't have done it and it wouldn't be the first time a human managed a locked-door murder. What made this one special? "Let's hurry, then."

They headed out to the scene. The murder happened in a new, modern, and extremely expensive apartment, the girl who had been living there was laying in the middle of the living room, on the table with not a mark on her. Her skin was a fairly normal color, and one would think that she was just asleep.

"So, the security system was armed when the police arrived, the security footage has no one entering or leaving the building, blah blah blah, normal locked door stuff," Greyston prepped Piper, "And initially the police just thought it was a heart attack or something, but then they found her journal, she had been writing about seeing a huge black dog following her around. She found it comforting at first, then it started scaring her and she stopped leaving her place two days before her estimated time of death. They thought they should call us in, just in case. It sounded fun, so here we are."

Piper folded her arms. "A huge black dog, huh?" She looked around, wandering very slowly, in an attempt to find something the police might have missed.

Nothing. Nothing was even out of place. "I don't know that you'd call this locked door stuff, Greyston. Everything is in perfect order. Was she poisoned?"

"They haven't done the full screen, but the werewolf on the force said he didn't smell anything- which would be a bit rare. And the preliminary screaming they did from blood sample didn't show anything. They didn't want to move anything until we got here, just in case. I'm curious about the dog visions. Hell hounds don't usually leave pretty corpses."

"Agreed," Piper told him. "Not sure what that's about. What might manifest that way? Can't be werewolves or Lycomorphs. Well - she could have been seeing anlycomorph, but that's not what happened here." She paused. "Well, there is one thing. You've heard of the Black Dogs, right?"

"The black dogs? Just the ones who live down the streets and won't shut up. I wouldn't be surprised if they were plotting murder." Cornelius said.

"No, not those dogs," Piper leaned to one side, looking at the body carefully. "The ones they tell the stories about. The ones that are supposed to protect women walking alone or take the souls of the dead to... Wherever."

"Yeah.... nope, never heard of them." Cornelious said, "Why don't you chase down fairy tails, and I'll see if this was maybe a haunting, ghost murders are something I actually know about. Maybe it was a dog's ghost, the ghost of a dog she tormented with her brother as a little girl, back for revenge." He mused. Upon realizing some of the officers in the room were giving him looks, he said, "Well... it would be a good story, I bet."

Piper was, admittedly, one of those giving him a look. That is, her look clearly said, "You must be kidding." She walked around to the other side of the body. "Yes, then you win the dog-ghost over with your charm and it leaves everyone alone, I imagine," she added. "There's no solid proof of the Black dogs, but people have claimed to see them. I can't think of anything else unless there's internal damage we can't see here."

"Right, we'll take it from here, guys. I'll go have her body taken in for examinations and such... Say, I wonder how she afforded such a nice place? Let's check out her family, too."

Piper nodded. "Let's get everything back, then. I need to talk to Cross." She turned to look over the apartment. "I just... There's nothing. No evidence of a crime. She's just dead."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back