• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Justin smiled in good will as he looked around, and saw the people who were basically drinking for them. It was true. Many of these people would be dead if it weren't for DDAMPSEA, so they had all the reasons to cheer for them. Laying back in his chair, Justin poured himself some orange whiskey-like drink, and sipped it to make sure it was good. He noticed Piper's glance, and in return, raised the glass up for her, in a silent way, dedicating this glass of whatever to her. Glancing over to William, Justin noticed he was smiling too. The Kraken has loosened up afterall. This must have been the first time he saw Will have some fun. Well, he deserved it. He was pretty busy all this time, he helped the Deparment more than Justin has. He deserved it. Suddenly, Justin turned pale, as he experienced another premonition. Flashing images appeared yet again, before his eyes. He saw two masks, opening stiched mouths, and a carnage following in their wake. He saw yet again, two golden fangs unfolding on the flesh, and the last image, was of an hooded figure with red glowing eyes, and a gun at it's side. Coming out of the vision, Justin recomposed himself, and tried to shake it off, hoping no one noticed. This heavenly gift was quite a pain in the ass, lately.

Jefferson ordered one of the special fire-related drinks they were giving for supernatural, from a waiter, then sat down and sipped the liquid flames quietly. This party was rocking, and everybody seemed to have fun, yet a certain sense of dread was looming over him. What if all this peace didnt last?

Vortigas hummed as he sat in his cell. He was in great pain, as the drain weakened him more and more, but he was concealing it. Years of torture have taught him how to endure, and even dismiss this pain. Glancing down, to his waist, he watched the morbid hole, springing from his torso, now all bleeding and seeping a black liquid, which he guessed, was hollow blood. With a sigh, he looked at a watch. It was guard shift time. In the short time here, Vortigas has already learned the shifts of the guards guarding him. Gundall, the minotaur, just left two minutes ago, and now he was being replaced by a new guard, apparently a human one. Vortigas clench his fists, dreading the fact that they took his weapons. Oh, how he would carve this human. With a glint of hopelessness, he layed on his back, on his bed and closed his eyes. His mask was deteriorating by hours, and a part of it already cracked. It was coming off. Soon, he would be human.

@BookWyrm

Bael saw several looks, smiles, and nods his way, but to his own surprise, he hesitated to respond and even shrank back some. Every "agent" here was marked, himself included. He leaned against a table, looking at the ground before him and listening but not acknowledging the words.

"...Bael?" He looked up. Sanja was staring at him, curious. "You okay?"

"I forgot something," he told her flatly with a scowl. "I don't like attention."

Sanja nodded slowly, but still looked incredibly intrigued. This was probably the first thing Bael had displayed to her not directly connected to anger. She moved away then, deciding that after the announcements, she's go try and talk to some celebrities.

Galleytrot was still chatting with Death when they started making announcements. He paused to listen quietly, pleased by the acknowledgment and wondering who else they were here to honor.

The host concluded the honors. "Let's give another round of applause for all these departments. We wouldn't be here without them......... And now the real festivities begin. We hope you enjoy the evening of good food, good music, good people, and good conversation. Cheers!" The people clicked their glasses one last time all together to conclude the honors, then they started back with the festivities. The entire thing took about an hour

The party was to last for another hour and a half

Once the president's speech was finished, Greyson made his way over to chat with the man. They had made each others acquaintance several times in the past. He went over and shook the president's hand, proceeding to spend a while chatting with him.

Meanwhile, one of the department weathermen- Dakota was his name- came over to chat with Piper, he gave her a friendly smile and asked her, "So, any interesting new cases lately? We haven't talked much."

Wednesday was there in her usual attire, but hadn't noticed Bael until he was mentioned by the host. She appeared at his side, saying nothing but tugging on his hand to pull him out towards the area that was becoming a dance floor- one for formal ballroom dancing. Caden remained off to the side, not doing much but sitting there. Though, she had been quite cleaned up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carnifex stood quietly, watching the guards move about below him. Technically he wasn't standing, instead actually clinging to a walkway to avoid contact, but specifics are specifics. Carnifex quietly lowered himself with a tendril before dropping to the ground and continuing down the hallway. He made a right hand turn and walked through a door to find a stairwell leading both up and down further into the bowels of the facility. "You're going to want to-"

"I can sense him. I think I can find my way from here."

Carnifex walked over to the edge of the stairwell and focused his senses before leaping over the side. He allowed four tendrils to extend from his back as he fell, finally launching them out to slow his decent as he neared the floor. "I'm on the outside of the containment cells." Carnifex looked around the room. Luckily the Department had signs and directions leading throughout the facility. Finally spotting a sign labeled "Drain Cell", Carnifex hurried down that corridor. "I've picked up his trail, its still very fresh."

Carnifex rounded the corner and entered the room with the Drain Cells, coming face to face with the guard stationed outside of Vortigas' cell. The man's eyes opened in shock as Carnifex tackled him to the ground. The man let out a short yell before the Hollow wrapped his arm around his throat, locking his left arm in front of his wrist, and pulled back, crushing the guard's throat with a sickening crunch. Gundall, having heard the yell, entered back into the corridor. "What's all the noise, the hell?" Carnifex turned fast enough to catch the Minotaur by the horns as he charged, pinning the Hollow against the far wall. Carnifex slipped an arm out and slammed an elbow into the back of Gundall's head before grabbing his horns and twisting, freeing himself from the wall and throwing the Minotaur off a couple of steps. Gundall turned, coming around with a left hook that Carnifex ducked under before driving his talons into the Minotaur's gut. Gundall grunted, taking a step back before Carnifex unleashed a volley of strikes, continuing to push until they were back across the room and in front of the cell. Gundall fell to his knee to catch his breath before looking up to find Carnifex was gone. The Hollow jumped onto Gundall's back and grabbed him by the horns. Gundall howled in anger as he tried to wrench Carnifex free, but the Hollow had the advantage. Taking a horn in his hands, Carnifex yanked, breaking it off before diving over the top of Gundall's head. The Minotaur reached up to check himself before charging again. This time Carnifex ducked and slammed the horn down into the top of Gundall's foot with enough force to stick it into the floor before forming his hand into a blade and cutting off the other horn. Gundall stammered back, trying to avoid the blade, only to feel something stab into his stomach. Carnifex wrenched the horn part ways across before putting his arm underneath and pushing up, taking the horn up into Gundall's sternum.

As the Minotaur slumped to the floor, Carnifex turned to look at Vortigas, his mask and body covered in blood and gore. "Time to get the hell outta here."

@Elias

Vortigas felt a surge of joy, and mainly hope, as he saw his brother coming to his rescue. Slumping up from his bed, he went towards Carnifex, as he patted his brother on the shoulder. ''Thanks for coming after me'' he said as he looked around, and watched as Gundall was dying on the floor. ''You called me a spawn of death and hell itself'' he whispered into the minotaur's ear. ''I think you've met something much worse than that'' he said as he made the minotaur look towards Carnifex and the other dead guard. ''Let these be your last images of this world'' Vortigas muttered as he guided the minotaur's head to look at all the blood and dead bodies.

''They'll get you'' Gundall said as he coughed a huge amount of blood. ''The Deparment will get you. And next time, they won't make the mistake of taking you alive'' the minotaur said as he drifted off, his eyes losing their colour, his head slumping. He died right next to the Hollows, an employee, whose job just happened to kill him. Getting up, Vortigas tightened the bandages on his bleeding wound, and motioned for Carnifex to go forward. Glancing around, he grabbed one of the Minotaur's horns, and held it as a weapon, as Carnifex guided him towards the exit, in shadows.

Taking a deep breath, outside..he thought of sending a message. Using the horn he got, and an amount of blood, he wrote in blood, on a nearby wall in front of the Deparment. ''Death comes in many forms, and at any time. Yours will just come sooner......and it will be ....majestic'' he scribbled as he finished. Under the writing, he took care to place Gundall's severed head as an ultimatum. '' Screw you Deparment'' he said as he finally got off.

@BookWyrm

Piper looked over at Dakota, a bit surprised he had addressed her. "Oh — well, it's hard to say," she replied. "Half the time, I think every case is interesting and the other half, it's just another day at the office. I'm looking forward to getting to the bottom of that shipment of drained bodies, and there's been a report or two of men found half-eaten in the woods, but not in a typical animal way. These guys would have been able to fight a bear..." She trailed off with a frown. "Not exactly party tall, though, is it? Sorry. You get pretty morbid after awhile."

A look of panic flashed across Bael's face as Wednesday tried to pull him toward the floor and he immediately stopped dead, digging his heels into the carpet. "Oh, no. No, I can't go out there," he told her sharply. "What are you doing?"

"I've got him, we are exiting the facility now. Scrub the cameras." As Carnifex led Vortigas out, the hacker used the self destruct codes to not only eliminate the evidence, but also to cause a slight bout of interference, allowing the evidence to remain hidden and the Hollows to escape. Once outside, and after Vortigas had left the message, Carnifex had led Vortigas carefully back to the hacker's hideout. Once there Carnifex had unraveled the bandage from Vortigas' body and looked over the wound. "In any other situation I'd be laughing right now, but this almost killed you." After looking through his pack Carnifex pulled out the vile filled with the grey liquid. "This'll fix you up, but in your state, its gonna hurt. And I'm not talking about what happened back in the day, I'm actually meaning pain. So, sorry Vort."

Carnifex stabbed the syringe into Vortigas' chest and pushed the plunger, injecting the whole tube into his brother before pulling the needle out and following up with a hard left hook to the chin. "I know you'll forgive me for that, but I wasn't about to listen to you scream.", he lamented as he laid his now very much dazed brother over to lay on the floor.

@Elias

Fred had been enjoying the party, shed danced with Ronan and a couple of guests, sipped champagne, and made polite conversation with others who had inquired about her and others roles in protecting the city. She'd also been keeping an eye on Aeron.

Something about him didn't sit well with her, it was almote bad enough to the point of discomfort. In all of her years these feelings only ever surfaced around people with a hidden agendas and ulterior motives. She was by no means certain but in her experience it was best to listen to that instinct than to deny it.

Aside from that one pinch of unrest she'd been feeling fine, that was until she heard Luke's little news broadcast. Hearing it had felt like a punch to the gut, and she was certain that if she hadn't ben sitting down when she heard it shed have keeled over from the shock.

Wednesday didn't care to hear Bael's protests, she drug him out there anyway, "Oh, come on! I want to dance!" She said with the slightest hit of a whine in her voice.

Dakota watched Piper with a smile, "Ah, don't worry about it." He said. "Besides, I'm curious too."

"Well I don't," Bael shot back, a tinge of panic in his. "...You aren't supposed to ask anyway!" He added, pulling back. He hadn't done anything like this since he was about fifteen, and he certainly hadn't missed it in all that time.

Piper shrugged. "If it doesn't bother you, I can keep talking," she told Dakota. "I didn't think our weatherman would be interested in fieldwork, though." She chuckled, looking around.

Sanja, meanwhile, had made her way over to Justin and a few others. "I just spoke to RDJ," she announced proudly. "And... Honestly, I may as well have just been chatting with Iron Man. He's basically the same guy. This is so awesome."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back