• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

(Sweet :D Altough if the Manaangall preys on pregnant women, lets just keep this creature as a freak Aswang, that decided to its prey on men. What do you think?))

As William listened to the man's talk, his eyes ventured on the raw-eaten back of the victim. So much blood, yet so well done, almost professionally. That creature's work reminded him of his Kraken years. Those years...full of carnage. His eyes lit up for a moment, but he controled it then turned to the man.

''Very well'' he replied coldly. ''Let us return to the department and document on this creatu-'' he started but ended his sentence abruptly when he saw a hooded man watching them. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary with him at first glance, but then Will noticed his eyes. Cold. Staring right in his soul. And the reflection of him reversed in the eyes of the beast. (It is said online that if you want to discover if someone is Aswang look into their eyes. They will show your reflection turned backwards)

''There'' he shouted as he started running towards the suspect motioning the man (@KattRai) to follow him. The beast gave him one last cold glare then hopped over a fence and started running at high-speed, dodging the Kraken's tentacles as he whipped them from his hands. (Not true form, so dont panic Katt). The beast made one big leap over another fence, and dissapeared from view..

"Fortunately I have yet to encounter any Hunters from the Old World, but," he sighed, "I fear that I may soon. Georgia, specifically Atlanta, has a very determined group of researchers that stalked me constantly. I believe that their original goal was simply to find solid proof of Dragons existing, which was quite humorous really. I toyed with them for a few years, enjoying watching them as they ran around with their equipment in massive mobs that trampled any evidence they might have found, but after a time I felt like their intentions began to change. Strange people I had not seen with them before began to travel with them. The groups were smaller, more focused. These were not the friendly researchers I had come to enjoy seeing. One day I took a risk and stalked up on the team while they were studying several footprints I had staged to draw them close. I noticed the stranger had a crest on the sleeve of his shirt that he kept covered under a jacket. The crest looked almost akin to that of the Hunters Guild. I didn't stay long enough to double check."

@KattRai

The man followed, he was very fast and nearly was able to catch up to the creature, however the fence proved more of a barrier for him than it seemed to be for the creature. By the time he scaled the fence it was gone, and he sighed.

Lillian leaned back on the grass, "Strange, I would have ventured to guess that most just wanted to prove there were still dragons. It seems when something disappears, the hunters intentions change from shooting that something with a gun to shooting it with a camera. That's what happened with the Yeti, after all. I imagine playing with the curious was amusing, for a while, though...." She trailed off some, sensing someone was watching, but looking around the creekside and nearby cliffs she failed to immediately notice what she sensed. She tensed, waiting for something new to show itself, assuming an enemy until proven friendly.

Luke summoned 2 shock bots and set up his laptop, using magic to keep it charged.

"I'll follow you with these for defense. Consider these survivors safe."

Greyson nodded, and thanked Luke. He motioned for Piper to head with him back outside. If that coil did it's job, then the whole block should stay secure. He led both his team and pipers back outside, wincing in the harsh sunlight and returned to firing rounds at the nearby minions, he wondered where all of these... things came from. He'd lived a long time and never seen anything like them.

''Curses!'' William shouted as he finally leapt over the fence joining the other man. '' We lost him. Sneaky son of a bitch sure does know how to run fast'' he said as he tried to mentally recall the image of the one they chased. The man couldn't have been younger than 20, and even though he had a hood at the time, Will got to see a bit of his face, mainly a short beard and the clear strand of blond hair coming from underneath the hood. ''We need to get back to the Department'' he said as he rushed back. ''Find out how to kill this thing and put an search for any male, 20 with blond hair, that has been in the area recently. We need to check cameras, surveillance footage, anything'' he said as he drove off to the Department with the man by his side.

As he drove to the location, The Kraken felt compelled to ask: '' I must ask: what are you?'' @KattRai

She carefully nibbled at her breakfast, eventually finishing.

"I love your cooking..."

She sighed contently and leant into the couch, closing her eyes.

@KattRai

Luke did some research on the creatures. He went to the social media sites and hacked the traffic from devices coming from New Orleans right before they left. All tweets indicated they came from the sky, even though the beast itself came from water. Why the hell was that thing even here then?

Luke spoke through his Shock Bot. "These minions don't just come from nowhere. They must come from the sky, from a planet outside the solar system. In no other circumstance would we be fighting that many. If they all came from the water or the ground, they'd have been discovered a long time ago. The same goes for coming from the beast itself, since we literally SAW it, and nothing came out of it. Nothing was discovered from other planets. The only other circumstance is outside the solar system."

He sighed. "Let's just kill this thing. The survivors can wait until after. The longer we wait, the less their chances of living are. I'm thinking of killing myself every time I think about how much paperwork we have to do when we get back. The thing is weak to electricity, taking from how fast the minions die when shocked. These Shock Bots have insanely high speed generators in them, packed with 25 1/2 Mega Volts. To put that in perspective, 1 Mega Volt is a million volts. It's the highest voltage ever recorded. Who do you think produced it? Since we have 2 of these things, that beast will be taking 50 Mega Volts worth of electricity; It wouldn't even survive one explosion. We get these things inside its body, then blow them up."

@KattRai

Last edited by a moderator:
The man said little, and accompanied Will back to the department. "I am nothing special," the man said. He was clearly from the Asian islands. "My name is Buwan, by the way. What is yours?"

Greyston nodded at the bot, and called to Piper, "You and Sanders keep searching for survivors, everyone else, were heading for the heart." Greyston lead the charge towards the creature. @Barbas

Zhaine smiled at Lexi, "Well, I must be getting off to work, I'll see you tonight, love" He said, finishing his breakfast and kissing her lightly.

He fell, and laughed "Hey! Calm down, I suppose I can't tell you not to join me at the book store, now can I?

"In the elder times and even today I was known and am known as the Kraken to your people. I hail from a titanic race called "Leviathans", beings that have their origin both in water and on land" he explained as he entered the bulding with Buwan. "But you can just call me William. Everyone calls me that" he said as he glanced around the corridors. "So....any idea on what can kill this creature? Are bullets gonna kill it? Blades? We need to document"

KattRai said:
The man said little, and accompanied Will back to the department. "I am nothing special," the man said. He was clearly from the Asian islands. "My name is Buwan, by the way. What is yours?"
Greyston nodded at the bot, and called to Piper, "You and Sanders keep searching for survivors, everyone else, were heading for the heart." Greyston lead the charge towards the creature. @Barbas

Zhaine smiled at Lexi, "Well, I must be getting off to work, I'll see you tonight, love" He said, finishing his breakfast and kissing her lightly.
Seeing a group of humans charging at me, I summan a group of Mi-go and I create five tentacles to try to crush them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those tentacles didn't look very nice. Luke spoke through the bots. "These bots don't have shields, so if they get crushed by those tentacles, I'll have to summon more. That'll take a while to get here. That thing will take massive shocks upon contact, but it won't be lethal enough to kill."

There were more minions than usual coming for them. The bots went to work, shocking the minions in front, while the other shot behind them. "I need all of you to focus on the sides. Those things will die on contact with the bots, so I'm not worried about them destroying the bots. These are here for your defense." They were starting to get swarmed.

You pathetic humans think you can oppose the great Yog-Dagor! No one can oppose me, I am invinceable!

Sanders immediately turned away without a word, but Piper paused and grabbed her partner's wrist. "Greyston," she began, but then stopped for a few moments. "Don't get yourself killed." The looked at Samdernover her shoulder and then took off after him, fighting Migos along the way.

The man called Buwan nodded at Wills introduction "This seems a strange place to work for a creature with such a violent history." He noted, then to the case at hand he said, "If it actually is one of the creatures I faced in my homeland, the one I mentioned before-and Aswang, then it would take... a whip made of stingray tails." He said, then after a moment he added, "Or simply decapitation." As they entered the building, another couple of agents left to check out some murdered gang members.

Greyston nodded, to Piper, and didn't have time to reassure her, so he simply said, "As long as you don't," before heading off. Greyston noted Lukes instruction and ran off away from the bots as he shouted to the monster, "You know, Usually when something starts claiming it's invincible is about the time it gets -vinced!" He was still shooting off he Migos. Greyston was painfully aware that he was not the person who should be taking this thing on, especially not in the middle of the day.

Zhaine laughed at his girlfriend, and said, "Well, we can't have you bored now can we?"

William smirked. "Violent history doesnt even begin to cover it. But hey.. thats why Im here. To pay for my sins." he said as he looked through the weapons then picked a axe he saw lying around. "Looks like we are going to have to work with what we have. No whip. Well have to decapitate the son of a bitch" he said as he swinged his axe in an arc to make sure it has the right speed.

"Well Buwan. Lets kill ourselves some Aswang" he said as he motioned for him to follow....

Buwan nodded, and followed Will, he wondered if he would know this aswang, or if the murder truly was just feeding murder.

As William got in the car, he let Buwan to drive and placed himself at the window. That way, he could keep an eye out on what was going outside and if he spotted the killer, it would save time. Afterall, he had very good eyes. He used to see through the deepest of waters with them. As he thought of that, the phone rang and Will answered.

"The technicians back at the department said that the attacker has been spotted on Vermont Avenue, near the Career Techincal Institute. Step on it" he urged Buwan.

Seeing the pest charging at me, I form two tentacle and attempt to crush him. "You insolent worm, do you truly think you can defy a god?"

One mile away from the fight scene, Allerio was watching from a skyscrapper. In the split of a second he launched a black , hard as steel arrow towards Yog-Dagor. The arrow travelled at 250 meters per second so it only took about 6 seconds to reach it's target. Allerio then continued to launch multiple black arrows and even a few grey ones, so that they could hit the ground and produce limited radius shockwaves on impact.

@Barbas @Kylesar1

Feeling the force of the attack, I begin to look around for my attacker and ordering a swarm of Mi-go to search the area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back