• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Department of Defense Against the Supernatural

Scath shook himself, watching droplets of water glide from his scales into the air. He had been up for around an hour or so, though most of that time was spent making sure no humans were around the particular section of the Potomac that he used. The water felt good, he hadn't bathed in a month. It seemed quieter, almost as if time hadn't touched this area for the last hundred years he'd been away. The humans hadn't seemed to have moved any closer to this area, which was a good thing. Though Scath was not afraid of humans, he preferred that they didn't know where he lived. The last thing he wanted was to be treated like the eagles and osprey that thrived in this region. They were always in someones camera focus.

Scath moved towards the shore, almost slithering through the water. He had managed to find a couple of rather large cows within ten miles(by air) of his den. Of course, they weren't exactly his cows originally, but the previous owner probably hadn't noticed their absence right yet. He picked at what was left, which was mostly a bloody smear that he lapped up off the rocks. Scath made an almost purring sound deep in his throat, a slight smile curved on his lips. He enjoyed being able to move about unseen, especially during the day time. The cows had been unaware of his presence right up to the point that he had just grabbed them in his claws. He had killed quick and painless. He had snatched the cows, landing on them just enough to brake their spines, and then punctured both lungs and the heart with a claw before flying away, all in a fluid motion that took no more than five seconds. The only remains were from where his back feet had touched the ground on impact, unfortunately leaving to perfect foot prints, as well as the impression of what appeared to be two suddenly flattened cows, behind.

Feeling full and at ease Scath found a comfortable spot in the sun and stretched out his wings, letting what remained of the days sunlight wash over his body. He was blissfully unaware of the fact that, at that very moment, the news was starting to get out about a possible dragon sighting in Davenport early that morning, as well as a follow up sighting near DC, which had made the headline in the paper.

Wednesday Morning

Corin looked at look and said "This was the best we could do in such a short amount of time, apologies that the equipment is substandard, but we've been able to do more with less." Greyston then headed over to do some searching of his own, just doing a basic google search for 'giant, city leveling water monster' didn't really garner the results he was looking for. When Luke asked his question, Greyston looked at him and said, "If you weren't coming with us, I was hoping you'd send some kind of virtual presence at the very least." He said. "Though, if you can make fighting bots, or something that we could set up to help prevent further expansion that would be good, the only problem is I've no clue what we're dealing with here. If it lived in the water for so long, like seems to be the case, then I'd say water weakness is out, so that would leave fire and electricity most likely." He paused to think some, as he got up to close the blinds and block the sunset "But those are only elemental weaknesses, he may not even have those. And if we are throwing fire, silver, or iron at this thing, I'm staying out of the frey."

Liliana had stopped and slept in her car for the night, she had no where to be in the morning and was really very curious about this dragon sighting. The closer she got to Great Falls Park the more gossip she heard about the dragon and the flames. 'must be going to the right place, then, I suppose' She thought to herself the next morning as she grabbed a mini package of donuts and a container of milk from a gas station near where she spent the night. She headed out, deciding if nothing else she'd get some good hiking in at the national park.

Zhaine grinned at her, and kissed her deeply, much more than the simple pecks on the lips from earlier. Afterwards, the couple got to head back to their homes to get some rest- unless, of course, Alexa stayed over with Zhaine, because he did offer.)

(Sorry this part is rushed, I'm catching them up with the others.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Aye." Luke said. "I was thinking of electric weakness the most. It's worth the first try. Also, from the footage seen in DC, the creatures appear to be gel-like, meaning that explosives are useless and machine gun fire may do some damage." He paused. "Another thing. I hacked the city computer systems. There are survivors still within the city. We need to get them a safe place. Evacuation isn't an option right now, since those ugly bastards are everywhere. We may need to secure another location."

Luke smiled at the vampire's mention of his weakness. "The only iron we're shooting is iron bullets, and silver probably has nothing to do with water. There aren't any water creatures I know of with a substance weakness. As for fire, that'll have to be the second option. None of you have fire magic, so as long as you stay out of the way of my flamebot, you'll be fine. Don't you have to put on sunscreen or something before going out in the open sun anyways? Besides, once we go out in the field, you can't cower just because of a little he-"

Luke was looking at his computer as he was talking, and something popped up. "As if we don't have enough shit to deal with. There's been a dragon sighting in DC." Luke yawned. Yet another pain in the ass. "I wish this dragon would at least have the decency to come here to New Orleans, or at bare minimum, show up BEFORE we left for here. What the hell is it with these big-ass creatures showing up all at the same time. I know DDAMPSEA are super-humans, but there's still only one of us. Anyways, a couple of pictures have been released of it flying:"

castles_in_the_sky_by_skysealer-d54345b.jpg

"For a dragon" Luke said. "You'd expect to see news articles on it attacking cities and crispifying people. However, there's not even one. Could you call the DC department, and tell them not to engage the dragon on sight. Wait for it to attack first. Tell them to keep their guard up though, and take anti-fire measures."

As I am moving through the city I see three more rock like obejects landing in the city and releasing hundreds of new Mi-go.

Talithor shrieked in frustration as the soul fabric in its claws faded. It reached again into the master's attackers chest and grasped around. "Pessssky homunculus, I should've known....." He screeched in agony and anger and teleported to the master's side.

----

Tulula heard the word "dragon" and slipped quietly out of the room. She silently sprinted to the street and spread out her arms. Within seconds, a blue light enveloped her and then faded, leaving a dragon in her place. She took off, her powerful wings lifting her high into the sky. She flew faster than the wind to DC and hovered in the air, searching for her "brother."

Seeing that Talithor wasn't able to kill the pest, I decide to destroy him myself. I then precede to grab pest's leg with a tentacle and begin to slam him into the ground repeatedly.

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Getting smashed on the ground repeatedly, every time he gets smashed on the ground, he moves some metal up from pipes. His skin getting shifted into full metal, he thinks of a stupid plan, play dead. Noyeh had his hand squeeze as if water was coming out of it, except it was blood, returning his hand normal, he did his best to act dead.

@Barbas

Noyeh said:
"Ow! Ow! Ow!" Getting smashed on the ground repeatedly, every time he gets smashed on the ground, he moves some metal up from pipes. His skin getting shifted into full metal, he thinks of a stupid plan, play dead. Noyeh had his hand squeeze as if water was coming out of it, except it was blood, returning his hand normal, he did his best to act dead.
@Barbas
Lifting up my tentacle, I see that the pest appears to have died from being repeatable slamed into the ground. Seeing that my I succeded in killing the pest I precede dispose of his copse by throwing it into the nearby river.

Having his skin turn normal, he swims up to the surface, breathing hard. ''I don't like water!" Noyeh spits out some water, swimming towards land, he stretches, walking over to the city.

@Barbas

Having dealt with the pest, I focus my attention on my Mi-go, who have now began constructing a large, black obelisk in the center of the now desolated city.

Greyston nodded, and took in all of the information Luke presented him with. "Yeah, loads of sunscreen. Well, We'll try to secure two smaller sanctuaries for survivors in the city, to prevent the monsters from having just one target. Once we get those set up though, I want to throw as much fire power at those things as we can spare on an initial blow- the city is virtually destroyed last time I saw, so we don't have to worry about causing more damage. Let's find a couple of buildings we can set an electric charge to, and I'll send a team out to find survivors. Piper, you wanna lead that team?" He asked, then he focused on the second issue Luke brought up, "The last time I saw a dragon was nearly 200 years ago, when I first joined up. It wasn't as angry as the legends made them out to be, Tulula, will you call back to base and tell them.... Tulula?" He asked, confused when he turned and she wasn't there. He cursed under his breath, and went to the phone to issue the orders not to engage the dragon back to DC himself, since his apprentice had vanished and he didn't have the time to search for her.

@Sleipnir

Lillian, meanwhile, parked her car as the sun rose, grabbed a water bottle she picked up along the way, and went out for a hike, with just the hint of hope that she may actually see a dragon. 'If i do find one, I wonder if it'll let me ride it? Hmm, that may be rude to ask.' she thought to herself.

Zhaine had Alexa sleep in the bed and slept on a futon himself.

As I am watching my minions working on the obelisk, I notice that the Mi-go have began gathering all the humans they could capture by the obelisk, most likely intending to kill and devour them when the obelisk is finally finished.

Talithor began to gather soul fabric from civilians. It took souls from the old people and left the younger population for the Mi-go to devour. After it had gathered ten souls, it brought them to the obelisk and laid them atop the point. Those poor souls who had lost their..... Uh.... Souls..... Were now collapsed on the ground, having lost all personality and morals. They were now Talithor's minions. It brought them back to the master and then stood atop a building, watching and waiting.

As soon as the obelisk was completed it began to emit a dark green light which began to glow brighter by every passing second, after a few moments the obelisk fires a continuos beam of energy into the sky and began opening a portal that leads to the Mi-go homeworld above the city which will begin releasing thousands of Mi-go into the world when the portal fully forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
(This Is getting rather ou of hand really fast.... @Barbas, maybe we should let the others post and deal with it before the Mi-go actually start attacking.....)

sitanomoto said:
(This Is getting rather ou of hand really fast.... @Barbas, maybe we should let the others post and deal with it before the Mi-go actually start attacking.....)
(The portal is still opening, it's going to take some time for it to open)

Noyeh stands on top of a building that was in pretty could condition. Having a sniper rifle in his hands, he shot a Mi-go either coming out of the portal or on the ground. He was sure the sniper rifle was silent so he wouldn't be found, and such, he kept shooting the Mi-go's one by one.

@Barbas @sitanomoto

Alexa felt around for her glasses on the bedside table and after slipping them on, she walked out to awaken her boyfriend.

She found him, sleeping peacefully.

"Zhaine..."

She whispered into his ear and when he didn't respond, she pressed her lips gently to his.

@KattRai

Scath had risen before dawn to hunt. It had been fruitful, and having been able to catch four deer he had settled down to breakfast. Usually one good meal would do it, but with the journey back to Virginia and the rut, Scath hadn't eaten much. He made every last bit count. He had made it through two and a half before a strange smell had caught his attention. Scath lifted his head, looking off towards the direction the scent was coming from.

"Valkyrie."

It had been at least a century since he had smelled one, and that had been in Iceland. His curiosity peaked, Scath wolfed down the hind quarter of his meal, swallowing it whole, before quietly sliding into the water, leaving the other two deer hanging in a tree on the river bank. With the sun out and the smell of humans wafting in on the breeze, Scath wouldn't risk the attention to fly, instead he silently drifted down the river, allowing the current to do most of the work. He kept his wings tucked tightly to his body, the delicate membrane could tear on sharp rocks. Scath wound around a bend and stopped, allowing just the top most part of his head to surface. There, on the walking path, stood what looked to be a blonde haired human female, but her scent gave away her true heritage. Scath, as cautiously as he could, drifted closer, while also opening his mouth. He barely flicked his tongue out to taste the air before bringing it back in. Finally having made up his mind, Scath decided it best to at least keep the river between the two of them, and slowly climbed up on the opposite bank from the Valkyrie. He watched her cautiously, trying to gauge her next move.

@KattRai

(@sitanomoto, if you want to have Tulula show up during this it'd be cool. I'll be back on tonight, gotta go to work -_- )

Luke pondered Corin's plan. "Can do. I'll lend you some Shockbots for assistance. From everything I've seen on footage, they should be able to fend for themselves against a ton of those creatures. If we can get even half this city charged up, I can drain it and channel it into a huge Tesla coil in the dead middle of the city that'll destroy all the lesser minions, and keep them dead. The first priority is still getting survivors. The odds aren't in our favor though. The longer we wait, the harder this will get, so whenever you're ready, we can head out."

Noyeh said:
Noyeh stands on top of a building that was in pretty could condition. Having a sniper rifle in his hands, he shot a Mi-go either coming out of the portal or on the ground. He was sure the sniper rifle was silent so he wouldn't be found, and such, he kept shooting the Mi-go's one by one.
@Barbas @sitanomoto
While I am watching the portal when I see a Mi-go near me drop death, confused I begin to loo, for what caused it's death.

(@Kylesar1 I'm going to let @Sleipnir respond first, I feel like Piper needs to catch up a bit here.)

Liliana noticed the slight scent of charcoal enter the air, and heard something as the dragon climbed out of the water. She turned from where she had been admiring the view with her back to the river and as she did she caught sight of the magnificent beast. Lilliana was barely able to keep from gasping audibly. While she had set out with the intentions of finding a dragon, she never actually expected to find one. "You're...?" She said, at a normal speaking voice, unsure of what she planned to do now.

Zhaine's lips curved up into a smile, and he reached up to pull his new girlfriend down on the couch with him "Good morning, beautiful" He said with a smile, sleep making his voice sound heavier than usual. "Would you like for me to make breakfast?"

Barbas said:
As soon as the obelisk was completed it began to emit a dark green light which began to glow brighter by every passing second, after a few moments the obelisk fires a continuos beam of energy into the sky and began opening a portal that leads to the Mi-go homeworld above the city which will begin releasing thousands of Mi-go into the world when the portal fully forms.
Woah, you sure built that there obelisk portal quickly!

KattRpost: 2898053]([URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10876-kylesar1/ said:
@Kylesar1[/URL] I'm going to let @Sleipnir respond first, I feel like Piper needs to catch up a bit here.)
Liliana noticed the slight scent of charcoal enter the air, and heard something as the dragon climbed out of the water. She turned from where she had been admiring the view with her back to the river and as she did she caught sight of the magnificent beast. Lilliana was barely able to keep from gasping audibly. While she had set out with the intentions of finding a dragon, she never actually expected to find one. "You're...?" She said, at a normal speaking voice, unsure of what she planned to do now.

Zhaine's lips curved up into a smile, and he reached up to pull his new girlfriend down on the couch with him "Good morning, beautiful" He said with a smile, sleep making his voice sound heavier than usual. "Would you like for me to make breakfast?"

Woah, you sure built that there obelisk portal quickly!
(The obelisk isn't that big, plus the portal isn't completly opened yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back