• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern DEFCON 0 (Still open!)

Velkyn

what's under the words you know
Armageddon. It struck when nobody expected it. Anyone still alive will remember exactly when everything turned to rubble, and will carry it to the grave.

-----------------------------

The American People went about their morning as any other morning. Nobody knew the severity of what was to come. The people went about their mornings, Going to work and school, watching the same old news, starting another day of the seemingly endless cycle. But, for some, today was panic inducing. Overnight, America had dropped to Defcon 2. And the tensions kept rising. America had lost contact with Europe, China, Russia, Everyone. And global images showed the worse. The world was going to war, for the last time. Thirty minutes later, and America went into complete chaos. From Nuclear counter-reaction systems, to deliberate strikes, America was now being targeted by countries already descended into wastes. Despite the best efforts of brave men and women, by the time the nuclear barrage started to make impacts, they didn't stop. Word never got out in time.
Hours upon Hours of that horrific, ominous sound in the distance. It almost sounds like a gunshot, with howling winds behind it. But the blinding flashes in the sky indicate it was another strike, as the former United States of America was peppered with blasts. Within hours, almost any major city was destroyed beyond recognition, and 99% of the North American population vanished.
But now that the dust has settled, Nobody wants to debate what could have been done better. They just want to survive. In a desolate land, once called The Home of The Brave, only the bold and brave could still be alive. Despite the constant stream of weapons fired at the US, as well as around the world, Uninhabited areas of the past were now heavens of the living. Desolate, but survivable. However, competition here is fierce. Not everyone is a friendly survivor. If you brave the Heavens, you brave Human encounters, which could be fatal. Survivors roam this land, Unless equipped with the gear to survive the radiation, they almost have no choice. While there are not many around, you can never be too sure nobody is watching your every step.

-----------------------------------

Hello everyone! This is a new genre for me, but I am very interested in it. I hope my idea stands well, and is interesting. It was a thought I came across, and decided to write it out. This Might be a group RP eventually, it depends on if anyone is interested in this. If you are interested, PM me! I will happily explain further and answer any questions you have, and we can get started!

Rules: I don't want to be super strict, but some things need to be clear here.
  • Quality! I just ask that, no matter how long your post is, you give things to work off of, or at least make it easy to move forward. I'm not saying every post has to be super detailed and progress the plot a ton, I'm just asking that we keep it interesting for everyone!
  • Consistency! Yes, I understand everyone here has a life to tend too! And I will not at all be upset if someone can't respond for a day or two. But anymore than that makes me feel like you don't have interest in the story. If you have something to do, just let everyone know! but not saying anything and disappearing for days at a time makes everyone feel awkward.
  • Romance. Here's the thing. If its just a 1x1, I am perfectly okay with taking it wherever the characters want it to go. If this does grow into a group adventure, Id prefer all Romance to stay PG13. I also do NOT want Romance to be the center of this plot. Its simply not. Am I okay with it? Absolutely, I love a well done love story in a fictional world. But please don't make it the focus.
  • Literacy: All I ask is that you write to a reasonable level, where what you say is straightforward and clear.
  • One last thing! This RP will either be taking place in a Group PM on this site, Or in a Discord Server. It will depend on what everyone is alright with. 1 on 1's will be hosted in a PM.
-----------------------

Sorry for the boring, now that that's over, Please PM me if you are interested! Id love to hear character ideas for this, And am stoked to getting started!

-Velkyn

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back