• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Deception and Perception

((OOC- I have to do a few things so my post will be a little spread out.))

She led her in to the bar and sat her down, taking the seat opposite to her. Without waiting for her to speak he ordered a bottle of vodka. With the drinks on the table he would let her drown her anger while he cooled off.

Pouring the vodka, she downed it, doing this three times before she stopped and sat back in her chair. The drink felt so good, the taste, the rush, it relaxed her, almost as much as taking drugs used to. Natalie was by that now.

She remembered her mother telling her that her fathers favourite drink was vodka, so she knew it was only natural that it was her favourite too. Funnily enough, her father was Russian.

Now, she had caught herself in a spiral of depression, thinking about her drunken, alcoholic father whom she never met, her tortured to death ex boyfriend, and her shamble of a life.

It was after he heard Joel speak then Hunter poke his head in telling him to take a break. Virgil look to Joel's closed eyes and raised his gun. "Open your eyes." He said darkly he'd then pull the trigger holding down riddling Joel's body starting with his stomach and going up slowly emptying the entire clip in the mans body as if he was some type of target. The shots would be heard as the couple made their ways away, Virgil didn't have patience for idiots. He'd then drop his Joel's gun pressing against the bottom of his chair until the chair came free of the hook causing Joel's dead body to fall with a splat on the floor. Virgil would only stare for a few moments before picking back up the gun and his tools placing them away. The gun compacted into his pocket along with the two spare clips. "As all shakespearean tales it ends in death and tragedy." He'd say looking at the dead body before going to leave the garage.

Joel simply kept his eyes closed, he knew what was going to happen but his job here was done - he'd spent most of his life doing it after all. The sound of the gunshots rung through the air with the sounds of startled civilians and a helicopter... Or two. Four cars with darkened windows began to travel down the roads leading towards the garage. Joel would rest in peace since his part in this plan was over, all the pieces were in place now.

((And no he didn't so I'm using what I planned in case of this, gives me someone to RP as still :P ))

Was only a phantom of the scene as he was making his way through a building speaking with a man who usually met Virgil. An elderly man he was who had known Virgil for some time and always gave him refuge, after all the situations he had been in there was a place the man made specifically for him in his home. Virgil thanked the man grabbing a water from the fridge before disappearing from the map, until he decided it would be a good time to return.

((This is also a post for me going away for a bit. ))

The lightly armored cars pulled up around the building, each door opening and being used as forms of defense by soldiers in completely black ballistic armor, armed with a range of high-tech weaponry, each one standing resolute in preparation. The choppers circling above hover over the roof before opening the doors on either side and releasing 8 ropes which coil against the floor at the bottom, each rope is taken to by a soldier sending them slowly down onto the building, these would be much more heavily armored suits - the kind used to dispose of bombs and such. From here the two armored troops proceed down to the doorway, attaching small charges to it then stepping back a short distance, there is a short explosion and a fairly neat double circle shape is formed in the door. They then proceed inside and begin to search for any bombs, immediately noticing the corpse and notifying whoever is in charge using their own PCDs - whatever said being muffled beneath the layers of defense surrounding their heads within these suits which make them look like walking tanks. They then return to searching for any explosives to confirm it to be safe for the body to be safely removed while the soldiers outside take formation as if defending the building - still keeping their distance from the walls just in case there would be anything ready to be detonated within. By this point police would be shutting off the entrances towards this area and evacuating anyone already within it.

By this time Sylvia had already walked within close proximity to the bar and Natalie still responded back to her message. Sylvia was feeling very wary at this point. What in the world could have happened between then and now? A regular looking man walked by and out of the bar drunk she saw some money poking out of his left pants pocket. As he swerved past her she pick-pocketed him with ease. In the little shop with clothes next door she went in. Casually yet quickly she picked up some socks and running shoes to purchase them before walking into the bar. Looking through the crowd she noticed this was the meeting place for syndicate members and sat down at a table alone. When a waiter walked by she ordered a drink for herself as she sat, waiting for the right time to reveal that she has in fact escaped and is back.

Chase looked up as Sylvia walked into the bar, and he was pretty sure his heart stopped. 'Are you kidding? I knew it, I should have gone with my original. This always happens when I change at the last minute!' Chase was thinking frantically, and suddenly looked. 'I seriously sound like a woman.' He decided it was too dangerous to go through with his plan and went to leave the bar before even getting his drink. He had to do something and decided to text Hunter and Virgil: "Sylvia escaped. She's at the meeting place right now."

((I was waiting for anyone to post something so that I don't progress with the operation too fast, but I can continue if ya want?))

Hunter looked down at his phone, replying to Chase, "I can't get over there, but Virgil might be able to help.". He tucks it in his pocket before returning his gaze to Natalie, drinking her sorrows away. He didn't know where to pick up with her so he gave the most asked question in all existence, "How you doing Natalie?". He wanted to hit himself for driving at this girl with such a question, but it was too late.

"What do you think.." She snapped at him, she immediately felt bad, but went back to drinking. Figuring it was only a matter of time before she was drunk, she grabbed the bottle and began downing it when she heard sirens.

Almost choking, she sat the bottle back down, only a mere dribble left.

Hunter sighed, watching her drink the bottle, losing interest in her behavior. Though the sirens immediately caught his attention. He saw her almost choke and if it weren't for the situation he would've laughed. Grabbing the bottle he took the last bit, laying it calmly on the table before addressing her. "I know what your thinking, but that is just a coincidence.". ((Well this whole interrogation is an end of Hunt and Nat DX))

"How would you know what I'm thinking?!" She slurred and stood, "You don't even know me! You never wanted to know me, you think I'm stupid? Huh? Cause I'm not! And I'm sick of being pushed around like a little girl! You can't use me anymore." Slamming her hands down, she walked out. Her cheeks were flushed, eyes watery as she walked from the bar. Nat stumbled slightly, but kept her grip on the wall.

Hunter watched her leave, in fact the whole bar watched her leave, but Hunter didn't move til she was gone. He stood, "I'm sorry everyone, she's had a little too much to drink." With that he briskly left the pub. Once he caught up with Nat he started slow, "Natalie I need you to listen, I'm not trying to use you. I really care for you." His words were sincere, but he didn't know if they would reach her.

Natalie heard him approaching behind her and felt her legs get weak. "Shut up! If you care for me, you'd have let me tell-" As she glanced back, she saw police cars surrounding the direction of the garage, people crowding at the tape. Stopping she looked at the cars, heart pounding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunter was trying his best to hold his composure, He was completely frustrated with the situation. He turned to see the building was surrounded by various police and EMS services. "Natalie, I'm sorry.". He stood there, waiting for her to leave, to yell, to cry, and to inevitably leave him for he was nothing but trouble. ((Won't able to post as frequently.))

She covered her mouth, "..O..Oh god.." Tearing up, Natalie covered her face and crumbled against the wall. She wanted to scream, punch, just lash out, but she stayed still. It had happened again, and she knew as long as she was in The Syndicate, that it would keep happening. Should've swallowed all the pills when I had the chance, she thought.

Hunter watched the scene, he didn't tear for he never liked Shakespeare, but he would miss him. When he was alive he was a connection with Natalie, now he was thing that severed what they had. He turned around to see Natalie crying into the wall. Everything told him to hold her, all except his brain, who knew that this girl hates you. He didn't say anything, just watched her with a mixture of concern and confusion crossing his face.

She held her knees tightly, cuddling them with all her might. Natalie barely knew Joel, but if she hadn't have told them so much, he probably wouldn't have died. Her chest began to crush and panic set in.

"Natalie it's not your fault." Hunter was looking at the scene, knowing she was regretting everything. He didn't turn, he didn't want to her to see him. He was crying, for he had never killed someone, and yet here he was the one who could've stopped this. He didn't whine, whimper, the tears were silent, but they were there. This was his job, the one he couldn't leave, and he hated it now. The blurs of parties and Intel gathering were smothered by death that he caused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back