Deal Breakers. What makes you "walk" away?

Do you mean when people treat roleplaying like it's a version of dating? Because I think that's kind of personal boundary issue and it's extremely creepy. I don't think it's so much stupidity as just not listening to people when they say to leave them alone. I'd put it closer to harassment. If someone is following you around after you tell them to knock it off I'd contact the staff. Their pretty good about looking out for that kind of stuff on this site.

In a lot of situations, the staff didn't cared at all, so eh.. if they wan't to have a problem with people leaving and boycott them, it's up to them.

but yes, many treated roleplaying as dating and used "roleplaying" as an excuse, honestly, this is why i don't RP anymore, i lost my confidence in roleplaying, i never know about what the person have in mind, if they are actually honest.. etc.

In a lot of situations, the staff didn't cared at all, so eh.. if they wan't to have a problem with people leaving and boycott them, it's up to them.

but yes, many treated roleplaying as dating and used "roleplaying" as an excuse, honestly, this is why i don't RP anymore, i lost my confidence in roleplaying, i never know about what the person have in mind, if they are actually honest.. etc.

Are you talking about this site? Because in my experience the Staff here is pretty good about telling people when to knock stuff off. Plus there is the ignore function that works wonders. The people can't contact you through pms and it hides all their posted contact from you so you don't have to deal with them.

I'd say you might try looking for platonic 1x1 players. They are very specifically not looking for romance in or out of the roleplay. And they'll usually specify that directly in their searches as it's a common theme to assume that romance is the default for all 1x1 roleplayers.

I know that I put it specifically in my search and I know a lot of other platonic players do the same. Or just ask your partner if they're cool with no romance in the roleplay. If they're okay with no romance in the roleplay than chances are they aren't looking for romance out of the roleplay either.

The people who use roleplay as a dating substitute tend to ONLY do romance roleplays. ( not saying all romance roleplayers are like this. just that dating roleplayers only do romance. they won't do a platonic roleplay )

Are you talking about this site? Because in my experience the Staff here is pretty good about telling people when to knock stuff off. Plus there is the ignore function that works wonders. The people can't contact you through pms and it hides all their posted contact from you so you don't have to deal with them.

I'd say you might try looking for platonic 1x1 players. They are very specifically not looking for romance in or out of the roleplay. And they'll usually specify that directly in their searches as it's a common theme to assume that romance is the default for all 1x1 roleplayers.

I know that I put it specifically in my search and I know a lot of other platonic players do the same. Or just ask your partner if they're cool with no romance in the roleplay. If they're okay with no romance in the roleplay than chances are they aren't looking for romance out of the roleplay either.

The people who use roleplay as a dating substitute tend to ONLY do romance roleplays. ( not saying all romance roleplayers are like this. just that dating roleplayers only do romance. they won't do a platonic roleplay )

I'm not talking about here, don't worry, but other sites.. pfew! it's just a huge mess..

honestly, i'm not up for putting a RP threads, i tried it some times, either i got no answers at all, either it's plain creepy..

in both cases, i got really un-motived about the whole thing.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about here, don't worry, but other sites.. pfew! it's just a huge mess..

honestly, i'm not up for putting a RP threads, i tried it some times, either i got no answers at all, either it's plain creepy..

in both cases, i got really un-motived about the whole thing.

As I said you can look for platonic search threads someone else already put up. You don’t have to make your one. But looking through them gives you an idea of the people on this site. You don’t have to answer them or anything but just looking at how people create their searches, which ones are down with platonic roleplays, and even who shares your interests.

It’s a way to familiarize yourself with the website and get a feel for the community.

I can count on one hand the number of people who post dating classified on this site. Got all of them blocked and anytime I see a new one I block that person immediately.

Most folks however are pretty easy going. And aren’t looking to dare anyone they just want to write a story.

The biggest problem is finding other platonic roleplayers. Not so much because the romance players are creeps I just don’t like that style.

They do exist and in my experience arent overly attached to their characters

As I said you can look for platonic search threads someone else already put up. You don’t have to make your one. But looking through them gives you an idea of the people on this site. You don’t have to answer them or anything but just looking at how people create their searches, which ones are down with platonic roleplays, and even who shares your interests.

It’s a way to familiarize yourself with the website and get a feel for the community.

I can count on one hand the number of people who post dating classified on this site. Got all of them blocked and anytime I see a new one I block that person immediately.

Most folks however are pretty easy going. And aren’t looking to dare anyone they just want to write a story.

The biggest problem is finding other platonic roleplayers. Not so much because the romance players are creeps I just don’t like that style.

They do exist and in my experience arent overly attached to their characters

From my experience, the ones who never stopped were also attached to "their characters", and yes, they were creeps, when someone say "no", then, the choice must be respected, honestly, i'm tired of seeing that hobby being used as an harrasment, unless if the staff know what they are doing, sometimes, they get away with it.

this site seems to be chill, so.. maybe i can give it a try, but for now, i can't do much based on the difference of time-zone.

As i said, i'm not interested at all about forums RPs, so for now, i must wait until i find something i am comfortable with.

From my experience, the ones who never stopped were also attached to "their characters", and yes, they were creeps, when someone say "no", then, the choice must be respected, honestly, i'm tired of seeing that hobby being used as an harrasment, unless if the staff know what they are doing, sometimes, they get away with it.

this site seems to be chill, so.. maybe i can give it a try, but for now, i can't do much based on the difference of time-zone.

As i said, i'm not interested at all about forums RPs, so for now, i must wait until i find something i am comfortable with.

As I said you can just look around. You don't have to join anything but looking to see how things work is good. As this site is different to a lot of forum based sites in how it's set up and how roleplaying works. So I would recommend just sort of browsing around to get a feel for things. If you have questions your welcome to post threads here or in the community hub.

Again you don't have to join anything. But looking at how things are run is good so that you know what to expect if you do decide to do some roleplays.

As I said you can just look around. You don't have to join anything but looking to see how things work is good. As this site is different to a lot of forum based sites in how it's set up and how roleplaying works. So I would recommend just sort of browsing around to get a feel for things. If you have questions your welcome to post threads here or in the community hub.

Again you don't have to join anything. But looking at how things are run is good so that you know what to expect if you do decide to do some roleplays.

Thank you for the proposition, i have no questions since the site is easy to use,
and okay, i'll see that later.

When someone says they don't have a fully rounded plot in mind that they like to discuss details and brainstorm with their partner so they both like said plot instead of everything being just their idea however they turn around pitch an idea that can be clearly seen as cliche or over used, you tell them although it's interesting and you still want to write with them to plan something from scratch or brainstorm like they said they continue to push their idea instead of trying to brainstorm and come up with something you both enjoy.

1. When my partner plays an all powerful chosen one who crushes all in their path, and then has any kinds of complaints about any level of weirdness that later happens on my part. Super powerful characters are not inherently bad imo, and I enjoy them. The problem for me arises when someone who might as well be playing God says "don't do that, it bothers me because [insert any reason]" it honestly makes me wish I could reach through the screen and punch them in the face.
2. Long trigger lists. I'm not walking on eggshells in-character or out to hold a conversation. A few is fine but I'll be damned if I'm gonna write a story with the Chuckie Finster of Tumblrvania.
3. Rejecting multiple plot ideas without offering any in return.
4. Unfair use of Meta-Knowledge. (There are justifiable ones. If your character is a telepath, or aware of the fourth wall like Bugs Bunny or Deadpool for example. Circle back to #1 here though.)
5. If there's no listed age (or one listed that is less than 18) it's a big no-no unless it's guaranteed to always be a purely platonic friendship. Even something as innocent as hand holding will get you blocked (unless of course it's because one character needed help crossing the street.) I'm 27 and I'll assume you're 12 if I don't know. This is NOT discrimination, despite what I've been told before. If a lot of my stories were movies, they'd need their parent or guardian with them to buy a ticket due to violent content. Don't like it? Either wait a few years, or contact your local politicians and have a go at lobbying. As far as I'm concerned, I've got a right to say who I don't want to write with, and no. The threat of a warning, ban, or even telling your dad that I am really mean will not change my outlook on this.

When you ask for a descriptive RP and your partner breaks the rules on the first post by giving you one line.

When you ask for a descriptive RP and your partner breaks the rules on the first post by giving you one line.

Or, my other favorite, when you give the other person a very thought out introduction with plenty of setting information and about a dozen different ways to engage with, and then they give you the old one-liner response with an accompanying message like "Lol I didn't know what to write".

Wow, Becky. Thanks for trying.

Disclaimer: Becky is a fictitious character, and any relations to real people is purely coincidental.

Or, my other favorite, when you give the other person a very thought out introduction with plenty of setting information and about a dozen different ways to engage with, and then they give you the old one-liner response with an accompanying message like "Lol I didn't know what to write".

Disclaimer: Becky is a fictitious character, and any relations to real people is purely coincidental.
Becky, be honest, you just didn't read it did you.

Oh, God, that's honestly the worst.
Like, you didn't even attempt to try and pretend like you were descriptive. I could have given you points if you if you points if you started off descriptive and slowly declined, but what did you think was going to happen? That I was just going to accept you because I made the post already? No.

One line roleplaying is what makes me not join a Role Play. A long time ago, I used to do this but I had stopped after a bad experience with it. I went on to being more descriptive with my posts. But, if I post a long paragraph to have my partner have lots of things to react with and all I get is one line that is pretty much 'he/she smiled', then I'm done right then and there. I hate putting in all the thought and effort into the post to get nothing that my character to react to.

I also don't enjoy those ones who are controlling. I dislike it when my partner does not ask me if they can kill my character I am using and they just do it. I generally drop the RP and walk away as it is so frustrating trying to RP with the person, and they kill your character without asking.

I don't mind using the pm system to roleplay in at all but something that does turn me off is ooc stuff in with the actual thread. I like to keep a pm for the thread and one for the ooc to keep everything organized but hey that's just me.

I don't mind using the pm system to roleplay in at all but something that does turn me off is ooc stuff in with the actual thread. I like to keep a pm for the thread and one for the ooc to keep everything organized but hey that's just me.
It's not just you, i like to keep the OOC and INRP stuffs separetly,
like the OOC in comments, and INRP in the PMs.

What turn me away, is the abuse of "litterate" or "professionnal" terms, i don't know, they are odd.. and incredibly pretentious.. are we in some kind of master-chief? i don't know..

Last edited:

What a lie. Becky with the bad writing is a hundred percent a real person. I used to run into her all the time on Gaia. She and her bitchy pack of friends ( lookin' at you Jessica. You know what you did ) were always out there startin' drama. :b7:

-------------------

in all seriousness I don't understand giving just one line of response. if you really can't think of anything to say than just let me know. i'll give you hints or just retype my own reply to be a little easier to respond to.

don't come at me with "i did the bare minimum but i'm gonna be cutesy so you can't get mad teehee bullshit. cuz as a matter of fact REBECCA i can get mad. i am mad. knock this shit off.

OMG IKR. Like I just that shit always bothered me in PMs and threads. It's such a petty thing but it would always make me walk away. Cuz i dunno it makes my organizational nerd go batty.

Like no no no you're breaking the flow of the narrative.

Like when fanfic writers put (an: blah blah ) in the middle of a paragraph. Ugh. Rawr. Ragequit. No.

OMG IKR. Like I just that shit always bothered me in PMs and threads. It's such a petty thing but it would always make me walk away. Cuz i dunno it makes my organizational nerd go batty.

Like no no no you're breaking the flow of the narrative.

Like when fanfic writers put (an: blah blah ) in the middle of a paragraph. Ugh. Rawr. Ragequit. No.
I completely agree. I was in this roleplay somewhere else where the person wanted a PM roleplay, perfectly fine. So, they make the opener in our ooc thread. I asked if we could separate the roleplay from the ooc thread. They said yes. They made a new spot for the actual roleplay but STILL posted out of character stuff in it. In fact, they kept going back and forth between the new thread PM and the ooc until I told them I'm done. It was also because they did a horrendous time skip that A. left me no room to respond and B. controlled my character in the process which we did not agree on nor discuss.
Never again.

I completely agree. I was in this roleplay somewhere else where the person wanted a PM roleplay, perfectly fine. So, they make the opener in our ooc thread. I asked if we could separate the roleplay from the ooc thread. They said yes. They made a new spot for the actual roleplay but STILL posted out of character stuff in it. In fact, they kept going back and forth between the new thread PM and the ooc until I told them I'm done. It was also because they did a horrendous time skip that A. left me no room to respond and B. controlled my character in the process which we did not agree on nor discuss.
Never again.

Yeah I usually try to like clearly label the PMs IC RPNAME and OOC RPNAME. So your ass doesn't have an excuse. I'll let you have maybe two mistakes ( cuz hey sometimes your legit not paying attention. It's fine ). But if you flub up more than twice nah. That shit is intentional and we're done.

Everything is in capital letters and I do mean everything or everything that should not be lower case is in lower case letters from places to the name of people. None of it is cute and all of it I've come across.

Last edited:
It... seems like this should be the other way round o.0
Perhaps, people want privacy this way? idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back