Deal Breakers. What makes you "walk" away?

All female or all male characters.
Or like, 8 females and 2 males. Nope. Can't do it.
Vice versa also applies.

No bbcode anywhere. Like none. Bare.

I can't roleplay with unrealistic faceclaims. Like i used to be able to. But I can't do it anymore. Nothing against those who do though, its cool, its just not for me.

All romance RP makes me go nope. Never interested in them. I feel like it's just a waste of time trying to play into your character and acting like you're having feelings for the other and etc etc etc.
Not to mention, I have a boyfriend too. More nope from me.

"I only RP on Discord/Kik/Google Docs/Frikkin' AIM or something"

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that because you were posting here, on a roleplaying website, that you would be willing to roleplay on the website.

because most of the time those types of RP that ask you to post elsewhere becomes ERP or ultra violent fetish....

I guess it's not something that makes me drop and RP since it never starts but it is something that will make me not RP with you at all. The person who asks for a specific thing in their RP. You meet all their standards and you do everything they ask, just for them to randomly drop the RP and then proceed to ask for the same RP with other people. So basically despite doing everything you asked I'm still not good enough? Well, that's fine, never ask me to RP again.

Oh, and while I'm at it, admin favoritism.

If it's blatantly obvious an admin is forcing THEIR preferences on what I post (irregardless of the suitability, sometimes they are perfectly fine chars that are relegated to NPC status or otherwise denied) and is letting others post characters of much lower quality/higher in-RP power, then I just leave.

Oh, and while I'm at it, admin favoritism.

If it's blatantly obvious an admin is forcing THEIR preferences on what I post (irregardless of the suitability, sometimes they are perfectly fine chars that are relegated to NPC status or otherwise denied) and is letting others post characters of much lower quality/higher in-RP power, then I just leave.
I got in this kind of shit pretty often. My most recent one, exactly the same.
Heck, they're my own arts and they're pretty damn decent, if I dare say so myself.
Nope. Not allowed. The mods said my arts make people feel uncomfortable because of the complex design (give me a break...), and asked me to find different pics for my char. Otherwise I'd not be accepted.
I'm sorry, but you're asking me to google up pics of specific combination of animal species that no-one else has ever done. For my goddamn character.
No fucking thanks.

I got in this kind of shit pretty often. My most recent one, exactly the same.
Heck, they're my own arts and they're pretty damn decent, if I dare say so myself.
Nope. Not allowed. The mods said my arts make people feel uncomfortable because of the complex design (give me a break...), and asked me to find different pics for my char. Otherwise I'd not be accepted.
I'm sorry, but you're asking me to google up pics of specific combination of animal species that no-one else has ever done. For my goddamn character.
No fucking thanks.

Mine was more related to how a certain admin decided they hated my RPing, and it was in a multi-fandom RP where I posted blank-slate chars that I could more easily play due to their lack of defined personalities, and the admin had denied people from a multi-fandom for playing chars that were 'too silly' and what not.

Mine was more related to how a certain admin decided they hated my RPing, and it was in a multi-fandom RP where I posted blank-slate chars that I could more easily play due to their lack of defined personalities, and the admin had denied people from a multi-fandom for playing chars that were 'too silly' and what not.
I was simply told that furries are not welcomed in this site. Werewolves, sure ! Normal walking/talking wolves, NOPE !
To be honest, I'm not even offended. I know I deserve respect for the works and efforts I put in my char.

If I cannot design my own weapons, I'd not make my char a blacksmith.
If I cannot use a gun irl, neither can he.
If I could not invent and develop any of my magic to have my own style of interpretation in it (such as using infrasound and ultrasound to do those shouts like in Skyrim), I'd pass.

Let's be honest here, both ero and romance are a nope, they are both extremely repetitive and over-used, not to mention that it's not normal to harrass people about it..

and real-life faces, no, i can't share a story with people who pretend to be: a celebrity, youtuber, wrestler.. whatever!
it's not my thing at all, impersonnating someone (even if they play a fictionnal role) is not my thing and will never be.

and the lenght limitations, writting in multi or novella? is it a RP or a fanfiction?

Edit: like i said in another post, fujoshis are also what turn me away, the obssession over yaoi is creepy, even if the verse is not yaoi at all and wasn't designated to it.

Last edited:
Er, a little off topic, I think.
Sorry, got carried away...

Let's be honest here, both ero and romance are a nope, they are both extremely repetitive and over-used, not to mention that it's not normal to harrass people about it..

and real-life faces, no, i can't share a story with people who pretend to be: a celebrity, youtuber, wrestler.. whatever!
it's not my thing at all, a own creation? why not.

and the lenght limitations, writting in multi or novella? is it a RP or a fanfiction?
I don't understand why people even like those types of RP, anyway. It makes no sense. Trying to play as your character and pretend to have feelings for the other person's... character ?
I really don't like the idea of length requirement, either. Sure, it's really awful if people write too short and you have nothing to work on, but have you ever considered the situation where there is too much to take in ?

Yeah, besides, lot of verses i have worked on had far less than para or novella, what the point to force people to do that?
or even... having actual feelings for another person (not really the character) and that happened a lot of times, i see no excuses here, either they use a proper site to date people, either i can't help at all..

No but really, that's creepy and not excusable at all.

Last edited:
All female or all male characters.
Or like, 8 females and 2 males. Nope. Can't do it.
Vice versa also applies.

No bbcode anywhere. Like none. Bare.

I can't roleplay with unrealistic faceclaims. Like i used to be able to. But I can't do it anymore. Nothing against those who do though, its cool, its just not for me.

FYI, you and I have opposite roleplay preferences. Good to know.

Not so ironically, given the length of the thread here, I would say most of my peeves have been addressed. It seems there's a common theme between many of the players active on this site. Haha.

I think one of my biggest issues is when people ask you to play a canon for their OC, but then expect you to tailor said canon and strip them of their defining qualities in order to force some kinda weird romance.

You wanna play against a villain in an evil plot where you're both basically using each other to get your own ends, and it results in a gigantic showdown between the two and their ability to adapt to the other, struggling to stay one step ahead? Sign me the fuck up.

DO NOT, however, ask me to play Loki Laufeyson and then expect him to give up his dastardly ways just because your sweet little Mary Sue flounced into the room and shook her tiddies a little. He's a silver-tongued, double-crossing asshat. Therefore, that's what I will be playing.

Not so ironically, given the length of the thread here, I would say most of my peeves have been addressed. It seems there's a common theme between many of the players active on this site. Haha.

I think one of my biggest issues is when people ask you to play a canon for their OC, but then expect you to tailor said canon and strip them of their defining qualities in order to force some kinda weird romance.

You wanna play against a villain in an evil plot where you're both basically using each other to get your own ends, and it results in a gigantic showdown between the two and their ability to adapt to the other, struggling to stay one step ahead? Sign me the fuck up.

DO NOT, however, ask me to play Loki Laufeyson and then expect him to give up his dastardly ways just because your sweet little Mary Sue flounced into the room and shook her tiddies a little. He's a silver-tongued, double-crossing asshat. Therefore, that's what I will be playing.

Yeah I never understood.

I mean if you just like Tom Hiddleston you know you can request that right? Like just tell people I want ( Generic Pairing ) and I want you to use Tom Hiddleton for a face claim.

Boom. You get what you want and you're not breaking the characters integrity.

But if you ask me to play a character I'm going to play that character.

I've had that with Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne in the Flash TV Show. Like Harrison falls in love with my character because she's scientist. She's not even a scientist that specializes in anything just scientist. Like....

So you do understand that he's a manipulative sociopath that will a 100% murder your character at some point right? I mean sure he could play along with whatever fantasy she wants to enact. Either cuz he's bored or she might vaguely be useful. Or he simply can't get out of it without blowing his cover. But he will give less than zero fucks about her. Shit he murdered CISCO who he sees as his adopted son. Pfft. but your magical titties are going to keep you alive? Er. I mean your character alive?

Nah.

Evil people do evil shit.

That's sort of their thing.

The Liar. You know that person who lies to you. Say you're looking for a decently descriptive RP partner and you find a thread with someone who is looking for a partner and says they can do 7+ lines but when you start doing with them, they are constantly giving you 1-2 lines consistently.

The thirst is real.

*Puts a rather detailed request thread up. Two minutes later gets a response*

"Hey I read your request thread(lies) looks like we would be a good match. I got this idea about teenagers with super powers in a modern setting trapped together on an island. What ages do you typically play your characters?"

"Thanks for reading my request thread but I'm not really interested in that."

"Oh man really? Come on, how about no super powers. We can do this! Let's put some romance in it too."

"No thank you."

"Really? Damn. How about we do a kidnapping plot, my guy kidnaps your girl who later on finds out she likes him."

"No."

"Huh? Damn, that sucks. You like fantasy stuff?"

"Not to be mean but I'm sorry I'm not interested. I hope you find a partner for your ideas."

"My fantasy idea is a guy has a harem of women he kidnaps your girl to make her his. The plot is open for your ideas you just have to play multiple females."

"Nope."

"Come on! Please?"

Nope. No.

People stuttering OOC. I make my characters stutter if they're generally a nervous person or if they are anxious at that particular moment, but someone unironically pulling the "h-hewwo" crap gets on my nerves.

I'll probably get flack for this but..
there are a lot of weird rpers on this site that their requests alone make me walk away. i run into it every time i come here. ;;

When a person is obssessed with you, even if you said "no" multiple times, are people that stupid to use the roleplay as an excuse for that?

eh, sorry, sometimes, i needed to say that.

When a person is obssessed with you, even if you said "no" multiple times, are people that stupid to use the roleplay as an excuse for that?

eh, sorry, sometimes, i needed to say that.

Do you mean when people treat roleplaying like it's a version of dating? Because I think that's kind of personal boundary issue and it's extremely creepy. I don't think it's so much stupidity as just not listening to people when they say to leave them alone. I'd put it closer to harassment. If someone is following you around after you tell them to knock it off I'd contact the staff. Their pretty good about looking out for that kind of stuff on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back