• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern โ€ ๐ƒ๐„๐€๐ƒ๐‹๐˜ ๐๐€๐‘๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐„ โ€” ๐š ๐ณ๐จ๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ž ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ.

idiot

๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ.

• intro

taro

alt-j

overview.

E
    va's trolley squealed to a halt โ€” the left wheel still squirming despite the all-so-capable Niko, one of the Resort's repairmen, apparently "fixing" it. The only indication of that came in the form of duct tape haphazardly wrapped around the wheel. Not only that, Eva's uniform was crinkled from her lack of ironing this morning. Should of set another alarm. Maybe you wouldn't of snoozed the third one?

Mr Ullman gave her a searing look when she had walked through the Resort's doors this morning. She would most likely get the usual, 'we have standards โ€” this is meant to be a luxury experience for our guests' bullshit talk after her shift.

So yes, it was not Eva's day.

A long-winded sigh. Room 246. Almost done this floor then back to bed for you.

The 'Do Not Disturb' sign clung to the doorknob of Room 246.

Eva's finger dragged down the clipboard's list until she found the room. It had been four days since their last clean. The hotel protocol that had been drilled into her head by Mr Ullman's shrill voice read she needed to enter the room and change the towels at least.

"Housekeeping!" Eva's yellow-gloved hand knocked at the door; she was audibly shocked at how hoarse her voice was from last night's drinks with some of the housekeepers. It didn't help her head was still spinning but she couldn't afford another day off, Mr Ullman would have her head on a platter. Plus, Aleki needed some new clothes after that damned growth spurt of his.

Hm. No answer.

Eva contemplated moving onto the next room โ€” she wasn't paid enough to deal with this. Fair wage for the locals my ass. Yet, she swore under her breath, swiping her master key card. The door responded with a gleeful beep and Eva pushed it open with her trolley.

"Good morningโ€”it is just housekeeping." Eva started her speal, the trolley's squeaking added to her arrival, "I've just come to change your towels and sheetsโ€”if that is okay, sir or madam?"

A sickening squelch sounded underneath her left foot.

Oh God, not again. Why can't these people just make it to the bathroomโ€”

What Eva could see underneath her foot was thankfully not what she expected. Instead the white carpet was stained with...

"Blood?" Eva whispered, eyes flicking up towards the room. Red streaks painted the wall and handprints were haphazardly printed on the bathroom door. The room's furnishings were knocked over, making it clear in Eva's mind a struggle was had.

Fuck this, you seriously aren't paid enough for this.

Eva took a step backwards, her white trainers now tainted by the blood soaked into the carpet. She had no intention of finding out what was in that bathroom, Mr Ullman could fire her if he liked.

The trolley squeaked again. Stupid wheel, Niko is going to be dead when I seeโ€”

An eerie groan lingered in the back of the room.

Another step backwards. Eva carefully reached for her key card.

An arm clawed from behind the bed, digging into the carpet. The same blood coated their chipped nails.

Shit, shit. Eva barely had time to take another step as the arm's origins showed a crazed man โ€” his bloody torso littered with puncture wounds. Bite marks?

"S-Stay back, sir..." Eva's voice wavered, the cleaning trolley's wheel still fucking squealing as sweaty hands held it tightly. "I'm going to call the e-emergency services, yeah? Y-You just sit down, sir. I think y-you've lost a lot of blood."

The man broke into a sprint, a feral, almost visceral scream erupting from his gaped mouth.

Eva's eyes widened as he smashed into the other end of the trolley, arms outstretched and clambering for her. Thankfully the trolley was long enough to have his fingers mere inches from her face. White-knuckled hands attempted to keep the trolley in place. Holy shit! He's gone mad.

Eva realised there wasn't time to turn around and open the door. If she let go of this trolley he would get to her.

The floor to ceiling windows up ahead spilt the clear-skyed sun into the room. Glass windows. Ten stories up.

Eva's hands dug into the trolley's handle tighter. Only one choice seemed plausible in that moment or maybe it was the adrenaline taking over.

Letting out her own scream, Eva pushed forwards, arms and legs burning with the movement.

The man's jaw was snapping, teeth threatening to shatter as she pushed the two of them closer and closer until...

One final push hard enough to almost dislocate her shoulder. Or maybe it did? Who knew. The window shattered, the man and her trolley floating in the sky for a brief moment.

Eva barely stopped herself from following suit, breathing raggedly, as she could only watch the man's final descent.

Eva forced herself to not watch him meet the pavement below. She imagined that the fire emergency crew were waiting below; one of those blow-up trampoline things softening his landing.

Instead she looked onwards to the Grand Oasis Resort grounds. The usual picturesque views remained โ€” with the turf being lined with palm trees and the many pools that guests usually lounged around. The clear sky almost blended into the expansive sea up ahead. Eva craved to be laying on the white-sanded beach with a cocktail in her hand right about now.

Yet, the more she looked she noticed something was severely wrong. People were running as distant screams started to ring in Eva's ears. Some of the pools had been contaminated by the same red hue that painted the hotel room. Bodies floated in the pool alongside the inflatable toys. Not only that, the guests and staff alike were running from each other and for those who weren't fast enough were pounced on and attacked.

What was most horrifying was the way they attacked. Their teeth ripping into flesh. Eva shivered, the idea that could of been her if not for her quick thinking.

Behind her she could hear the same groans and a rhythmic pounding on the bathroom door.

This really wasn't Eva's day.

โ€”PREFACE

Hello friends! The name is Idiot or Connor and I'm back with an idea I tried to get off the ground last year but had some personal issues arise BUT I'm back and ready to give this a go. A good ol' zombie roleplay. Based on the setting it is probably clear this is heavily inspired by Dead Island with some tweaks to tone and other aspects. If you haven't played the game, then it is a zombie roleplay set on a tropical island in which our hapless survivors will attempt to escape or succumb to the infection that has quickly spread throughout the island. If this sounds like your jam, why not express your interest! If this garners enough attention I will make the relevant threads. For now, post below with your interest and if you have any questions after reading the thread then don't be afraid to ask.

intro

lore

rules

DEADLY PARADISE,

where survival takes
its last breath.

genre

horror, zombies, survival

status

accepting apps!

gms

spots open

7-10

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
It's back!

100% count me in

Interested! I am however completely new to this website and forums as a whole so it might take me a bit to figure out

Interested!
Definitely interested and hoping to see this do well
yay !! great to hear, hopefully a few more people express their interest and Iโ€™ll make the relevant threads.
Interested! I am however completely new to this website and forums as a whole so it might take me a bit to figure out
welcome !! that is more than okay, everyone is pretty helpful while you get your bearings. let me know if have any questions. :-)

only could a certified connor classic bring me out of a four-month hiatus

love this, just started re-playing the game. I'm down for this!

Interested!
eee !! thanks queen !!
only could a certified connor classic bring me out of a four-month hiatus
as you should, I miss your brilliant writing !!
love this, just started re-playing the game. I'm down for this!
Who do you Voodoo bitch!

Gotta love a good ole Zombie RP inspired by one of the best games EVER! :D
ikr itโ€™s such a fun game !! now Iโ€™m tempted to play through the first one again, the second one just didnโ€™t quite scratch that itch.

also loving the interest so far, so Iโ€™ll get to work on revamping the cs code and get the thread up soon โ€” along with some of the lore to help build your characters !! :-)

Ay, yo?? Consider me interested. There's something about the setting of a tropical island that always just hits right for me when telling an apocalyptic story.

damn connor knows how to write an interest check-- i missed the chance to apply for this one a couple of times before i think-- interested!!

UPDATE !

due to the interest (thanks everyone!) Iโ€™ve made the relevant threads, including the ooc thread for questions, chatter and character ideas/concepts โ€” hopefully the cs thread will be up sometime today! Iโ€˜ve also done the lore thread which gives you an in-depth look at the island. :-)

links in main post or here โ€” ooc / lore.

Ahhhh I'm so very interested! ๐Ÿ๏ธ
I'd love to participate! (:
I was screaming in my head I'm interested as I read through the intro :smilepuff:
ahhh thank you !! hoping to get the cs thread up today but feel free to read the lore and pop over to the ooc thread for questions or your character ideas !!
Hello this still accepting? Iโ€™d love to join
yes !! still at the stage of gathering interest. :-)

CHARACTER APPS NOW OPEN !

hi guys ! for everyone who has expressed interest or is interested โ€” the character sheet thread is now open for apps. feel free to get to work on our survivors and ask me any questions in the ooc thread or dm me. I still am yet to set a due date ! :-)

link in main post or here โ€” cs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back