• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DBZ inspired RP needs new players!

You make me feel old, boss :(

*grumpy old man voice* back in my day we didn't have Google or wikipedia, our search engine was the encyclopedia.

Back then we didnt have the internet. We had to type uphill both ways in the snow in the heat of summer.

Back then we were deafened by dial up tones...and we loved it! During particularly long dial up times we even found ourselves trying to make the same noises with our mouths. And practiced while waiting twenty minutes for a page to load.

Back then when we wanted to roleplay, we found ourselves some good long sticks and had swordfights out in the woods while we waited for.mom to get off the phone so we could get back online.

Back then there was still 150 pokemon! *old man voice coughs and grumbles*

Kids these days... spoiled by WiFi and high-speed and smarthphones and Windows. Never truly enjoying the simple joys of Mouse and Solitaire and Minesweeper.

Never having to know the struggle of navigating DOS... those were intimidating words by George! More slashing than an old school Jason thriller.

KingHink said:
You make me feel old, boss :(
*grumpy old man voice* back in my day we didn't have Google or wikipedia, our search engine was the encyclopedia.

Back then we didnt have the internet. We had to type uphill both ways in the snow in the heat of summer.

Back then we were deafened by dial up tones...and we loved it! During particularly long dial up times we even found ourselves trying to make the same noises with our mouths. And practiced while waiting twenty minutes for a page to load.

Back then when we wanted to roleplay, we found ourselves some good long sticks and had swordfights out in the woods while we waited for.mom to get off the phone so we could get back online.

Back then there was still 150 pokemon! *old man voice coughs and grumbles*

Kids these days... spoiled by WiFi and high-speed and smarthphones and Windows. Never truly enjoying the simple joys of Mouse and Solitaire and Minesweeper.

Never having to know the struggle of navigating DOS... those were intimidating words by George! More slashing than an old school Jason thriller.
Lol!

I do remember the good old days before google and wifi. Minesweeper kicked my ass every time. I never understood it as a kid. Solitaire kicked my ass until recently when I finally figured that one out. My best friend and I lived right down the street from one another growing up, and we would role-play whatever the craze was at the time using whatever props looked like they belonged in the craze's lore. I remember the original 150 Pokemon. I used to know the entire PokeRap from the first original anime series. All 150 Pokemon, anytime, anywhere. Now I can't remember it cause I'm all discombobulated thanks to all the new generations.

gogojojo331 said:
I feel like this is turning into a nostalgia chat
Partially.

Anyway, if you would like to join then go do your thing in the RP's Character Sign-Up page.

Firstly, let me say that by doing your own rendition of a role play inspired Akira Toriyama's amazing story, you've earned my respect. Secondly, you've touched on a big part of what makes DBZ RP's fail in the first place; power. Every story I've been in has one or two Mary Sue sons of bitches turning their offspring of Trunks/Vegeta/Goku into a Super Saiyan 5 that can annihilate the universe with a sneeze. DBZ is that cool, sure. An RP without progression is not. But because you offer everyone a chance to GROW, that being the keyword, I'm interested. I'll look it over tonight and begin brainstorming a character if you're still looking. :)

ToryD said:
Firstly, let me say that by doing your own rendition of a role play inspired Akira Toriyama's amazing story, you've earned my respect. Secondly, you've touched on a big part of what makes DBZ RP's fail in the first place; power. Every story I've been in has one or two Mary Sue sons of bitches turning their offspring of Trunks/Vegeta/Goku into a Super Saiyan 5 that can annihilate the universe with a sneeze. DBZ is that cool, sure. An RP without progression is not. But because you offer everyone a chance to GROW, that being the keyword, I'm interested. I'll look it over tonight and begin brainstorming a character if you're still looking. :)
By all means. And if you need any questions answered then feel free to ask away. I'll answer every question you have.

KingHink said:
I would like to join this rp! It sounds awesome! Where can I sign up?
You silly man! You're already in it!

KingHink said:
But look! A person! I shall credit my overacting to attracting an interested party!
I'll give you credit for my stumbling upon this thread and never tell a soul otherwise.

>_>

While I am thinking about it (I'll ask more if they come to me), the questions I have right now are 1. At what point will a new character start in terms of power level? I read everything over and understand the 250-500 rule, but notice characters put up far beyond that. Should I stick to the entry point and if so, how long will one expect to be outclassed? And 2. Any recommendations on keeping track of power levels? The numbers are solid and very doable, but I can see where it might get convoluted and/or wrongly calculated from time to time. Perhaps, while you definitely should not be responsible for tracking everyone's progress, you might post a tab with current levels similar to your NPC overview. That could give you a generalized look at where everyone is and help newcomers like myself have an idea on placement in regards to my first question.

ToryD said:
I'll give you credit for my stumbling upon this thread and never tell a soul otherwise.
>_>

While I am thinking about it (I'll ask more if they come to me), the questions I have right now are 1. At what point will a new character start in terms of power level? I read everything over and understand the 250-500 rule, but notice characters put up far beyond that. Should I stick to the entry point and if so, how long will one expect to be outclassed? And 2. Any recommendations on keeping track of power levels? The numbers are solid and very doable, but I can see where it might get convoluted and/or wrongly calculated from time time. Perhaps, while you definitely should not be responsible for tracking everyone's progress, you might post a tab with current levels similar to your NPC overview. That could give you a generalized look at where everyone is and help newcomers like myself have an idea on placement in regards to my first question.
Because of the fact that the RP has been in play for a while, the 200-500 rule will be henceforth negated for you and all others who may join in the near future.

However, I will still dictate that your character be a Low Class Saiyan. The power level of a Low Class Saiyan is, at maximum, around 1,500. So anything between around 500-1,500 is fair game for you. I know it sounds low, but remember there are ways to ensure you begin catching up such as training with the current cast who will give you a solid beat down and watch over your recovery. Whether you are fighting against an enemy or a player controlled character, the calculations are the same so training with us will be the fastest way to see some early growth if you are so inclined. If you prefer it to be against enemies, then that's fine. We'll figure something out as we move forward.

Keeping track of your power level can be done in a multitude of ways. The way I do so is by a text document on my desktop. Era's current power level is there, and whatever I decide to do to her in combat is taken into account and used to calculate her new power upon recovery.

I will take that suggestion into consideration. It's definitely a great idea to have a dedicated page for everyone's individual power levels for easy access so we don't have to check character sheets. Perhaps the "Extra IC" page they offer or something like that. I'll look into it and hopefully have a dedicated page for it soon cause that is an awesome idea.

Awesome stuff. I greatly appreciate the quick answers and I'm glad you like the idea. Always makes me happy when I can contribute. Like I said before, if anything else comes to mind, I'll ask away. In the meantime though, this looks very promising. And while I appreciate the lift on power level limitations, I'll most likely stick to the low end of the spectrum. I have a tendency to utterly crush my characters anyway, so the beatings will come natural regardless, lol. Plus, if Goku can turn out how he did starting out at a single digit power level, there's hope for everyone, right?

ToryD said:
Awesome stuff. I greatly appreciate the quick answers and I'm glad you like the idea. Always makes me happy when I can contribute. Like I said before, if anything else comes to mind, I'll ask away. In the meantime though, this looks very promising. And while I appreciate the lift on power level limitations, I'll most likely stick to the low end of the spectrum. I have a tendency to utterly crush my characters anyway, so the beatings will come natural regardless, lol. Plus, if Goku can turn out how he did starting out at a single digit power level, there's hope for everyone, right?
Haha! You're just like @KingHink in that respect of crushing your characters. I can tell you two will get along splendidly. And yes, if pseudo Goku can turn out all right I think there's hope.

Chaos8ringer said:
Oh god, dragonball RP. You guys still got a free spot left for me to take? :D
We are accepting new players.

[QUOTE="Revan The Courier]Still looking for people? Also how many super saiyans are there ect, ect

[/QUOTE]
There are no Super Saiyans yet. The form has yet to be discovered. But everyone is assured that they will attain the form at some point in the RP as it progresses.

Chaos8ringer said:
perfect! expect a sheet in a few hours, first need to read through all mechanics and stuff :D
There's a lot of info there, so if you need to ask questions do so at any time in a private conversation.

Bump!

Bump!

Alright, so how many characters do you have that are still active? And I'm very interested in joining, and I really don't mind that there are no super saiyans yet, it means that I haven't misse possibly way too much, and is there a link that shows your lore? I would like to check to see if there are any major differences between the 17 planets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back