• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DBZ inspired RP needs new players!

Kyero

Three Thousand Club

Hey everyone! Kyero here!

I am in need of new blood for my RP, Odyssey of Power, which you can reach by clicking the link above.

It is inspired by Dragon Ball Z, but does not contain much original DBZ lore. There are no Dragon Balls. There are no Senzu Beans. There is no Hyperbolic Time Chamber. No androids. And no Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, or Dragon Ball GT characters. Many of the original DBZ mechanics are either Deus Ex Machina's to prevent character death/give overpowered bonuses to power like the HTC, or simply cliched to the point where I don't want to use them.

The only element kept from the DBZ lore is the fact that we are portraying members of the Saiyan Race, but even they have been given an entirely new dimension compared to the original. As an expanding mini-galactic empire, they have 17 home worlds, each with a ruling member equivalent to a King or Queen (some of which actually hold the title). The true Mother World is called Metahnn (Not Vegeta), and it is there where our story began and where it is now returning to for those of us who have been in the RP for a while.

So the story thus far is our first major threat, a creature called Overlord Inecros, is moving towards Metahnn for the purpose of wiping out the Saiyan race. He tried several hundred years ago and failed, but he's found us again and he's here to clean house.

Inecros a humanoid creature with a maximum power level of 145 million, 25 million more than Frieza in his final 100% power form in the DBZ anime/manga (according to certain accounts). He's calm, aristocratic, and very much like a gentleman with a secret habit of genocide. He'll slaughter an entire race of people in the blink of an eye, but he'll do it with a glass of wine in his hand with his pinky extended chuckling with his free hand over his mouth like that of a rich gentleman who laughs at another wealthy colleague's bad jokes.

As our first major threat, we are building to our confrontation against him right now but still have a long way to go yet to reach him and plenty to do along the way. A long way yet.

Our characters are all Saiyans, and it is up to you which of the 17 home worlds your character was born and raised on.

Now, one thing I'd like you all to be aware of is that this RP was NOT designed around the concepts of "fairness" and "character equality". Saiyans are not equals to one another by way of their very culture and existence. One is always going to be stronger and the other(s) weaker. This RP embodies that reality in every way. Your character, especially if you join now, will be much weaker than the others at first. However, as time goes on, things change. I have structured the RP so that everyone can enjoy their time in the spotlight as the most powerful Saiyan among the group no matter at what point they join in.

So don't worry. Even though it'll take some work to catch up to the rest of us who have been involved for a while, it will happen. You are guaranteed a place at the top of the food chain at least once throughout the RP's LONG WINDED story.

Also, if you check the link at the top of this post to see the RP, you'll notice a rather intimidating character sheet. Fear not. I have everything you need to complete the demanding nature of the character sheet in the first post of the OOC section, which can be seen here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/odyssey-of-power.97907/

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see you inside!

Last edited by a moderator:
The link is in Odyssey of power. All you need to do is click it.

In Kyero's main post. The big blue title.

Lol I know. We all thought the same. But everything checks out and the mechanics work smoothly. It is much easier than outward appearances may suggest.

Well i can only do so much to convince you. It is a well thought out RP and we have had a lot of fun with it. Kyero did well in summarizing everything in his post.

We are likely to start blowing things up here soon.

gogojojo331 said:
-Shivers in boots- I..I...I dunno
If the character sheet scares you, then fear not because I have everything you need to complete it with minimal resistance on the first page of the OOC thread which can be seen here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/odyssey-of-power.97907/

The lists of questions I have posted are there for you to answer. Ideally you will answer them with more than one sentence each, as some of them are deeper than just a simple straight answer. Hopefully they get your creative juices flowing.

You should have no trouble filling everything out in no time if you copy those questions into the respective sections of the character sheet and answer them (deleting the questions after having done so of course).

Bump!

gogojojo331 said:
okay...

how do you do the power bar thing?
It's part of the "Progress" BBCode. You insert the number, obviously 1-100 scale, after the equal sign. And in the space between the two you will place the word which it represents.

Code:
[progress=][/progress]

So for example, using Era's stats, it looks like the following in code:

Code:
[progress=50]Offense[/progress]
[progress=80]Defense[/progress]
[progress=55]Stamina[/progress]
[progress=50]Speed[/progress]
[progress=55]Agility[/progress]
[progress=95]Precision[/progress]
[progress=90]Fluidity[/progress]
[progress=35]Ki Consumption[/progress]

gogojojo331 said:
i feel stupid...
It confused the bejeezus out of me too when I came to this site, and I've been role-playing for over 17 years now this Summer. (Yay anniversary!)

So no worries.

gogojojo331 said:
I feel Rp stupid...Like I can't write like everyone else..like I'm dumb
Ah don't worry about that.

Almost everyone in this RP has been at it as long, if not longer than I have. I know King and Sophileon for sure have been at this longer than I have. Our experience should come with a certain level of writing proficiency, otherwise what good are we? Know what I mean?

Regardless of your own personal writing proficiency level, you shouldn't feel afraid to join this RP. If you know of DBZ, and can put yourself in the mind of your character on the page, that's all you need. You don't need to write an essay or prove anything with perfect grammar. Even the best of us make mistakes.

So don't worry about a thing. As senior level role-players, we're here to help whenever you need it. Just ask and we'll lend a hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back