• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Dark Omens (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
If I'd put a hard number on it, up to a maximum of 2. But really, it depends on what your character would've already been capable of in the past before everything went to heck. So in that regard, it all comes down to background. Make a suitable backstory and you can have as many as you like, so long as it's reasonable of course.

Yes.

Just kidding, although it'd still be an accurate answer. The thing with these abilities is that it's all carried in the blood, but between the first heroes and current descendants, it's gotten so diluted that most are lucky to use any abilities at all if it doesn't skip a generation or two.

Basically, some have the abilities they were born with and get no more than that for the rest of their lives, while others may unlock more than a few and, very rarely, become as powerful as the first heroes were.

Basically, the more you use your power, the more likely it is to gain more. That's the most surefire way of going about it, although abilities may also manifest spontaneously through happenstance, say in a time of need or moment of intense emotion.

Hey. I would like to take a ranger with affinity to nature. Originally, I intended him to be of elemental orientation born under the sign of the Mage, but after seeing that most abilities are fighting oriented and not "utility spells" for nature, I will take the bloodline of the trickster.
I would like to add as question: does shapeshifting mean only turning to look like a different human or also include animals? You said "any shape".

I was so confused when I was looking through the group interest checks and found another interest check for this roleplay, but with different people reporting interest. Are you done with the threads now? I believe in the other interest check you said that the threads were up and we were good to go, but in the other one nothing was mentioned so are we still waiting? Enkerzed Enkerzed

I was so confused when I was looking through the group interest checks and found another interest check for this roleplay, but with different people reporting interest. Are you done with the threads now? I believe in the other interest check you said that the threads were up and we were good to go, but in the other one nothing was mentioned so are we still waiting? Enkerzed Enkerzed
I believe the threads are all up and running as linked!

Severinus Severinus Any shape means exactly that. Human, animal, monster even, a shapeshifter can change into whatever form they like. The only limit is size.

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Just as Lekiel mentioned, all threads are up and linked in both interest checks. The roleplay is 100% good to go and only waiting for characters now.

Are magical weapons a thing?
58fd264f1400002800a9b547.jpg

Hey. I would like to take a ranger with affinity to nature. Originally, I intended him to be of elemental orientation born under the sign of the Mage, but after seeing that most abilities are fighting oriented and not "utility spells" for nature, I will take the bloodline of the trickster.
I would like to add as question: does shapeshifting mean only turning to look like a different human or also include animals? You said "any shape".

Might I ask whether you'll be going for a female or male character xD? Sorry for the odd question, I just can't really decide myself, so I just thought to see what's coming up and work from there; I'm partially obsessive about balance sometimes. This must be one of those times *facepalm*

Might I ask whether you'll be going for a female or male character xD? Sorry for the odd question, I just can't really decide myself, so I just thought to see what's coming up and work from there; I'm partially obsessive about balance sometimes. This must be one of those times *facepalm*

I would have liked to take a male character, but I am still working on the details.

Speaking of balance, I'm surprised no one's made a warrior character yet. There's literally none so far.

I almost went Warrior but figured ex-Vengeance Witch would be more fun.

Enkerzed Enkerzed After giving it some thought, I'd like to add the following Ability to Aymeline's sheet.
  • Flood: Around the time she turned 20, Aymeline discerned how to draw water out of the ground and divert streams for watering cattle. In the future, she was able to drown villages. In this time period, though, her ability functions slowly enough to only be a danger to someone who couldn't just walk away.
Is that cool with you?

So just to let you all know, once your characters have been approved, you're free to post in the main thread at anytime. If you want any help with starting off, tell me and I'll try to assist however I can.

As for those wanting to bring npcs into the story, you're allowed to control them if you like, but just know that the decision of when and how they'll be introduced will be up to me. That said, when the time comes, I'd like to work through it with you and see what works best for everyone.

Also, I noticed that the lore needs a little fine tuning on account of how vague some of the details are, so I'll work on that and let y'all know what's been changed after I'm done. It shouldn't affect your posting however, so don't feel like you have to wait.

I typically have family stuff going on in the weekends but I'll try to get a post up tonight or tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back