• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Dark matter's school for girls

Carmen sat in the middle row, near Octavia. She listened to what the principal explained and she could feel the dread washing over her in an instant. She sulked in her seat, glanced at Octavia, then her jaw dropped but recovered seconds later. She noticed, but she wouldn't say anything. She looked at the principal quickly.

"Please don't be sorry, it's really my pleasure." She said as the girl started rubbing her eyes. She has just met this girl and Ellie couldn't help but think how she looked absolutely adorable as she rubbed her eyes. Ellie shook her head a bit. You just met her, control yourself. Besides, helping Emily was the least that Ellie could do right now and she felt bad. Admittedly, one of the main reasons that she wanted to help was because Emily was really drawing Ellie to her with her beauty and cute tendencies. She really wanted to take a chance and get to know Emily, and she hadn't felt like that for a long time. They locked eyes for a moment and they both ended up turning to hide their blushing faces. Ellie cleared her throat and tried to play it cool, "I'm Ellie. It's very nice to meet you too, Emily." She couldn't hold back the smile. "I do know how to get to loop, I'd love to show you how to get there." @Jen Underwood

Andrea took the nod from Octavia and responded with one of her own. She watched on as she interacted with her friends, most likely rebels as well, judging by the exchange she just saw happening. Letting her eyes roam past, she also spotted Carmen who she gave a small smile to before she turned her attention to the stage.

The lights were dimmed while stage lights had flashed on and shone onto the stage like some dramatic Broadway play. The Headmistress, a woman who look neither young nor old stepped onto the stage with a stern look upon her face and immediately began to address the crowd of bored, scared, and uninterested students. The teachers and staff members had taken to standing against the walls as well, surrounding the students who were seated in perfect rows of chairs in the middle of it all.

Andrea simply let out a small breath of disapproval, causing the teacher in front of her to turn her head sharply, as if to silently reprimand Andrea for such unladylike behaviors. Fortunately, the Headmistress continued the welcome speech, getting louder by the second as she was getting more and more passionate in her words. Andrea only zoned in and out at different times, snapping back into attention when the Headmistress smacked her hand against the podium loudly or when the teacher in front of her shifted and turned her head to glare at Andrea.

Fed up with the silent battle, Andrea leaned off the walls, bringing her hands fall down to her sides. The teacher turned once more, now smiling, as if thinking that Andrea would silently obey and take a seat before she turned her attention back to the Headmistress. With a smile of her own, Andrea quickly spun around and silently darted out, escaping the orientation, if only for a few minutes to get some fresh air for herself.

Now that she was free in the unsecured halls, Andrea took her time admiring the walls that looked frozen in time, neither rotten or new, paintings, decor. She continued, exploring and mapping out the entire school as she dashed through the halls freely like a child on a high. Rounding a corner - and she realized she must have been quite far from where the orientation was being held - she caught a glimpse of two students talking and quickly pulled back, hiding herself.

She only poked her head out, and watched, fascinated, "So it happens here too. Ha, knew mother and father didn't leave me stranded with no hope," Andrea thought playfully, ignoring the stab of homesickness well enough. She watched the interaction a bit longer before she quickly turned around, but bumped into the locker quite loudly. "Oh snap," Andrea bit her tongue.

(@Jen Underwood @iShyShy )

Emily smiled at Ellie's response and was filled with a bit of warmth but she abruptly stopped herself, w-what are you doing you barely even know her at all, but she looks so prepossessing, it wouldn't be that bad to be shown around the school by her would it, her company seemed a bit nice and relaxing, she thought about this to herself and accepted her offer, Emily looked back up again with confidence this time she smiled and locked eyes with her again without turning away, "I'd love-" even before she could answer she heard a bang near by and immediately got scared, she stepped a bit closer to Ellie and looked around to see if anyone was around.

Carmen worked against the quiet calming crowd while observing how one of the students escaped orientation. She was slightly envious of Andrea considering she was near the exit. Carmen bit her lip in annoyance. She was never the type to sit here and do nothing, which this felt like nothing. Carmen placed one leg over the other, leaned back and stared at the girls on stage.

The principal finally shut up and told Octavia and her friends to walk up. She got on stage and smiles. "Hello Ladies welcome to Dark Matter Academy alright I know you are all bored. We dont want that. So let's start few things I am Octavia Blake have any questions don't hesitate to ask alright. Alright moving forward." She said. she named her friends off." Ask them any time alright Ladies Uniforms must be above the knees not to high shirts must be pressed and with a tie at all times. Sweaters and anything else well you have those. Normal clothes are for weekends only. We are like your RA's need anything again. We are here for you at all times day or night. We may not be happy in the middle of the night but were still herem follow class schedules and curfews they will be enforced by us. Now detentions and suspensions may happen just follow the rules. We also have mass on Sundays mandatory. "Okay that shit said m get up ladies when we call your name you will come with us we will give you a tour of the grounds feel free to ask questions. Any un asked question is a stupid question now listen for your names and pay attention will be calling them out like the white stripes."She said into the microphone.

Death to all betrayers

Ellie let out a breath of relief when Emily accepted the offer, she really wanted to spend more time with her and get the chance to know her. She probably doesn't even think of you like that! Why would she? Her thoughts were bouncing around in her head from her nerves. When Emily purposefully locked eyes with her again, she could feel herself melting happily from her smile. The loud bang startled her as well, causing her to jump a bit but she instinctively tried to protect Emily by wrapping one arm around her and pulling her slightly away from the bang. "Uhm... sorry about that, I just reacted." She then silently told Emily to stay there and walked toward the lockers where the sound seemed to come from, finding Andrea. She recognized her as one of the girls who spoke to Octavia earlier. "Hey. Did the locker steal your money or something?"

Andrea only gave a sheepish grin, "No, nothing like that, sorry for startling you two," she apologized, "I was just wandering around the school and somehow ended up hearing you guys, not that I heard anything. I was just going to leave you two at it, but I guess I'm a bit of a klutz," Andrea explained as she turned her head to look just over Ellie's shoulders at the clock that hung on the wall.

"Looks like I've been here out way longer than I should have, Dark Matter's orientation ceremony should be just about done," Andrea muttered to herself, before she smiled at Ellie and Emily, "you're both in Loop right? Your own orientation ceremony should be starting soon too, since the Headmistress is done with ours." She continued muttering.

"Oh." She turned back to Ellie and Emliy, "Sorry, my name's Andrea, from Dark Matter, nice to meet you both and I apologize - again - for scaring you both," she said giving them both a friendly smile.

Andrea had obviously not scared them on purpose, and Ellie felt bad for being slightly bitchy toward her. "No worries, really, as long as the locker didn't hurt much." What did she mean by leave us at it? Did she think that we were together or something? "I'm sorry for being a smartass like that. You have every right to walk around, even if you're supposed to be at the dreadfully boring orientation. I hope you can forgive me." She casually turned to Emily and called her over to them then stuck her hand out formally to Andrea, "You're right. I'm Ellie and this is Emily, of Loop. It's really a pleasure and no need to apologize, things happen." She felt bad for introducing Emily, that was something that girlfriends would do and they had just met. What came over me? She really had no idea. Turning to Emily she said, "Andrea's right, orientation is soon and that's mandatory for everyone. We should head that way."

Emily blushed at the sudden contact from being pulled over gently and tried to maintain calm, at the moment she wanted to find out what had caused the bang from the locker, she stood their dumbfounded for a small matter of minutes and shook her head to see Ellie waving her over, she slowly walked over not hesitating "is everything alright?" She stood behind her to find yet another girl in front of her, she had nice red hair that slid itself nicely behind her neck and a smooth skin tone, w-why does every girl here have to be really pretty Emily hid herself behind Ellie out of embarrassment and waved slowly as she was being introduced, "nice to meet you too" she had heard them mention about the orientation and gently hit the side of her head, "t-thats right we should get over to the campus soon, it was nice meeting you Andrea" at least she had said her name without stuttering.

@iShyShy

@Winter

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrea took the offered hand and gave it a firm shake, taking the apology from Ellie easily, "Don't worry, it's all water under the bridge," she simply said, as she lowered her hand once more to her side. She turned to Emily, "and it's certainly a pleasure to meet the two of you here, on my first day too," Andrea chuckled.

As the two of them were deciding to head back to their campus, Andrea started turning around as well, "Hope your orientation is much more interesting than ours, I should be heading back as well, in case they call my name and I'm not there, I hope I get to see you guys around soon," She bid her goodbyes before she began to head back to her own orientation ceremony. She had been away for quite some time, she could only hope that she hadn't missed all of it.

When Andrea walked back into the orientation ceremony, she couldn't help but to notice some of the teachers frowning, or scoffing. Raising an eyebrow, she turned her attention onto the stage, where the Headmistress was no longer there, but Octavia was, effectively holding the students' attention with her straightforward words, among other reasons surely. Andrea listened in and made note of the rules and other instructions.

Once Octavia had finished speaking, the students began to chatter to their friends once more. It was clearly the ends of all the speeches, now was the time to actually move about and explore the ridiculously large school. Leaning against the wall once more, Andrea watched on as names were called and students walked up to the stage, following one of the seniors who began to take them for the tour around the school. Soon enough, Andrea was called up, and she quietly made her way through some of the small crowds to get to the stage.

She took a look at the seniors and the new comers, most separated into groups for the tour. Unsure of which senior she'd be going along with, Andrea stood off to the side, watching as a couple more new comers were standing around as well, waiting for the seniors to organize them.

Carmen raised an eyebrow once Octavia finished her speech. A smirk teased at her lips as she glanced at others in the room. She stood up, rather boldly, and headed down the rows. Orientation seemed annoying and pretty reckless. She walked out of the ceremony, glancing around. She no longer needed to be in there.

Emily was thinking of skipping orientation really, she didn't want to really like the sound of dull or long it made her a bit ill to think of such awkward silence in such a square room, she kept over thinking what every tedious moment would be like in there, even thinking about sitting in there made her a bit anxious, she never really sat in a large group of students, nor did she want to she was very claustrophobic in such spaces, all of this made her a bit lightheaded, she never had action toward the outside world that much, sitting next to a thousand would have made her get a panick attack, but she didn't want to cause a commotion especially around Ellie she, so she stood up straight and started walking over to loops campus, but she did start feeling a bit better when she saw some streamers and bubbles flow by, loops students were very creative people though.

"Andrea and Carmen and Emily are the last 3 in my group join me at the entrance if your late and don't know where to go oh well your fault." She said." I am not slowing down or waiting let's go." She said and started walking. " have questions ask I am your RA." She said. Octavia was walking quickly in heeled shoes. She never listened to the dress code. Octavia was walking and talking she was showing them everything they needed to know. She answered a few questions. She passed Ellie in the hall and raised an eye brow she rolled her eyes and kept walking she wasn't one to play nice so having all these fresh recruit's was not helping her mood. She needed a cigarette.

Death to all Betrayers

Carmen joined Octavia, her eyebrow raised. She wanted to ask about the money, she seen. This wasn't the time and place, mainly, not her business. Carmen walked in front of her then, stopping her from walking. "Can we talk, now?" Carmen tilted her head to the side. "I need..." She glanced at the other girls then to Octavia. "A cigarette,"

"Not here." She said." You want one your gonna have to start paying up for them. Also yes you can talk if you have any questions about the school all others I am your RA. My door is open day and night." She said. She kept walking and looked around her. She went for the freshman classes be and then the sophomore then the juniors and seniors. Octavia started walking for the dorms she showed them her door. She slept in their alone. Her door was decorated. Alright ladies you need anything else ask. Also remember like I told you use your buddy system. Again my door is always open just knock if I am not in leave a note on the pad." She said. " Now go on dinner is at 6 don't be late you won't eat if you are. " she said.

Death to all Betrayers

Carmen remained standing there with a small smirk. When Octavia finished, and some of the girls had left. Carmen's eyebrows furrowed as she stepped near her. "Why did you take that girls money?"

Octavia looked at her."my my nosey aren't we. Just for a reason nothing of your concern. Now run along unless you have payment for a cigarette. " she said. Octavia un locked her door and opened it. She put her hair down and shook it out. Her door was a crack. She grabbed her cigarettes and pulled off her shirt. And grabbed a black one that fight tightly. She really didn't care who saw. She had tattoos all up her back to cover her scars.

Death to all Betrayers

Carmen wasn't the type to leave without an answer. Octavia was right, it had nothing to do with her. There was something she couldn't trust about Octavia, but she was still attracted to her in some small degree. When Octavia had went inside her dorm room, Carmen debated on leaving. She lingered in the hallway of whether to return to her dorm room. She turned before seeing Octavia without her shirt on exposing plenty of exotic and intriguing tattoos. Her face flushed quickly, she turned away,"Listen, I'm just saying...that doesn't seem right." She cleared her throat.

Emily heard her name in one of the groups but was a bit upset that she wasn't with Ellie, she was the only one who made her feel comfortable here and without her she would just move back down to square one, she didn't really want to say it but she needed her, it was hard to admit yes but it was true, her anxious personality would act up again with new people but she tried to talk to herself in a better tone come on if you keep up this old habit you'll never meet new people just get it together and go see the people you're with, they could be very welcoming, she waved a small goodbye and smiled before waking over to the two girls who were already roaming the halls, "sorry for being late, it's nice to meet you both"

Octavia laughed as she put her black shirt on and changed her skirt shoes and socks. She grabbed her jacket. And walked out locking her door."oh must be one of the ones I am RA for."She said seeing Emily.She turned to Cameron. " like I said need to know. And you don't need to know, have any more questions leave them on the note pad."Octavia said and grabbed he bag and smokes..She smiles and nods to them." Enjoy walk around I am on a break."She said. She went to go smoke out side. She put a beanie on and gloves this time. She hated being cold.

Death to all betrayers

Carmen's gaze shifted from Octavia walking outside to Emily. She smiled softly, remembering her from earlier. "Nice to meet you, I'm...I'm Carmen."

@Jen Underwood

After the tour from Octavia, Andrea was just a little lost in the halls of the dorms. Octavia's room was rather far from her own room, she realized with slight irritation. When she rounded a corner and saw the tall doors looming overhead, she couldn't help but to smile. She could walk outside and enjoy the outside of the school or find her way into her own room, either way, she wouldn't need to get to classes since it was orientation day. Unable to make up her mind, Andrea crossed her arms and leaned against the wall once more. She dug into the pocket of her button up shirt and pulled out a lollipop and put the sweet into her mouth.

Just then, Andrea's phone rang. Startled, Andrea quickly moved outside, away from the chatter and small crowds in the halls and dorms. With only the wind and a few birds making any kind of sound, Andrea pulled her cell out and answered it with her lollipop in her other hand while she held it to her ear. Before the red head could get a word in, a booming voice came from the other end, startled her once more, though this time she dropped her phone.

Giving the cell narrowed eyes and a huff, Andrea bent over, picking up and then cut through the muttering of the phone, "Sorry, the reception is terrible here, I'll call you back ... say, in a week?" She asked cheekily before she hung up, pocketing her phone again. With the annoyance gone, Andrea looked around her surroundings and couldn't help but to think that the decor outside was rather bland - compared to what she would usually see in France anyway.

Emily turned over to meet Carmen's gaze and tried to return a sign of kindness by smiling, "oh hi there, I'm sorry if I intruded on you're conversation with her I really didn't mean to, I'm such a jerk, it's a pleasure to meet you though I hope we get along" she spread out her arm for a friendly handshake, this Carmen girl didn't seem bad, she was actually a pretty delightful person she made a good choice on socializing with her.

@LoversLane

Carmen laughed gently, shook her head. "You didn't interrupt," She continued to explain,"The conversation was pretty much at it's end," She stared at her. "You aren't a jerk! Sh! It's fine," Carmen laughed once more. Carmen shook Emily's hand slowly, staring at her. "I think we will, I apologize.. now I am the jerk,but what is your name again?" @Jen Underwood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back