• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

Beatrice didn't need to be told twice. She sat on his lap and kissed his cheek. "You're still cute, you know."

Eli grinned. "Right. Because I'm the real favorite," Eli joked.

“Am I? Why do you say that?” Max asks and kisses her jaw softly.

“Honestly, that might be true,” Mason laughs.

"Little stuff like this," she said with a smile.

"Ha, no, nobody could ever even get near your pedestal in your dad's mind. But you deserve it," Eli said with a grin.

“Oh. I just wanted to hold you,” Max hums and hugs both his daughter and Beatrice close. “I love my girls. I can’t wait to show you off on national television.”

Mason shakes his head. “I don’t deserve it~ I’m just the weakling of everyone, that’s why he takes extra care of me,” Mason says honestly.

"See? So sweet and cute," Beatrice giggled. "We'll to record all of this for when she grows up. Pictures of the city, the games, videos of you performing, everything."

"Oh, hush, he adores you in every possible aspect," Eli said.

“Of course. She’ll get to brag about her straight dad in a sport that’s dominated by gay men,” Max jokes, though it’s pretty true.

“Do you adore me, too?” Mason asks cutely.

"She can brag about her father and uncle both being Olympians. Maybe she'll be an Olympian, though I don't want to put that pressure on her."

"Of course! In every way," Eli said sweetly.

“I wonder what sport she’ll be into, if any at all. As long as it’s not curling, I’m happy,” Max says and kisses the baby’s head.

“Good, me too,” Mason says. “I think I’m gonna go for a run.”

“Not even the curling players themselves. Curlers? Is that what they’re called? How lame,” Max laughs and looks down at their baby Casey.

“Maybe. Or maybe I’ll drag you along,” Mason says.

"Yeah, much less interesting than ice skaters like us." She smiled and then said, "I just don't want Casey to ever feel like she needs to follow in our footsteps, you know? If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to at all."

"No, Mason, I'm too slow," Eli whined.

“Me too. We’ll have to give her a lot of options when she’s old enough. But her being active in some hobby is a must,” Max says.

“I’m not gonna sprint, just a light jog. Please?” Mason could only get Eli out to run once before and it was when Mason was working on speed instead of endurance.

"But that hobby doesn't have to be a sport," Beatrice said. "And she isn't allowed to be spoiled just because her daddy has all this money."

Eli said, "You're just gonna keep going after I have to give up."

"Oh absolutely fricking not," Max says, censoring himself on purpose.

"I'll carry you if I have to, or you can ride Eva back home," Mason says and nuzzles his face into Eli's neck. "Please?"

"Which means if she wants a new phone when hers is just fine, she can mow lawns and throw papers or whatever, right?" Beatrice said.

Eli sighed. "Fine."

Max purses his lips, hesitating. "Or she can just do something useful around the house. Or even just be a good girl in general."

Mason grins. "I'll go get on my workout gear," Mason says and heads to the bedroom to get sweatpants and a hoodie.

Beatrice glared at Max. "We are not giving our daughter money for doing what she ought to do anyway. Doing extra chores, sure. But just being good and doing the chores assigned to her? No."

Eli groaned and went to find his own workout clothes, which he was sure were hidden away in the back of some drawer somewhere.

"Well it's a good thing she's not old enough to do any of that yet because we'd be having one hell of a fight right now," Max sticks his tongue out.

Mason hugs Eli from behind as he's rummaging through his clothes. "Just use some of my stuff, we're the same size in most things anyway," Mason says and kisses the back of Eli's neck.

"Damn straight. Once you're done with your Olympic game, I'm going to be able to smack you again, so watch it," Beatrice said, only partially joking.

Eli nodded, but held still in the hopes of more attention from mason.

Max laughs. "Even if I win gold, you'll smack me?"

"You'd look cute in my new grey Nike hoodie, go ahead and put it on," he says and lets go of Eli.

"Damn straight, I have to keep you in line somehow, don't I?" Beatrice laughed with him. Even if she was partly serious.

Eli had to accept that Mason wasn't going to cuddle him anymore, so he went and gathered up the clothing and got changed.

"I have a feeling you're not at all joking," Max says and grimaces. "I'm gonna get beat up." Max looks down at Casey. "Your mommy's abusive, yes she is." He says in a baby voice.

Mason gets Eva ready for a run and waits for Eli by the door with his shoes on.

"Absolutely," Beatrice laughed. In baby talk, she said to Casey, "But never to you~"

Eli followed after, then said, "You remember the rule - no mocking me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back