• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

Eli grinned. "I mean... Okay, it was a hard spell, yeah." He couldn't argue the praise anymore. Back to the main topic, he said, "I wonder where she went? I mean, if she's after demons and all."

"She probably has a list of demons. Or maybe she's gonna be after me and my siblings now, since she couldn't get Lucian first," Mason says nonchalantly.

"I don't think so, you're all half demons," Eli said. Kyra had seemed to have some warped morality about killing humans.

"Yes. I told her. She said that even that was probably a face he put up to seem good. I don't know, she's stubborn and won't believe the truth anyway. I just hope nobody is manipulating her for their benefit."

"Well, maybe her whole family dying really messed up her brain. It happens, so... can't really blame her for acting like that," Mason says.

"Yeah, you're right," Eli said with a sigh. "But what if someone is just using her for their benefit?" He couldn't help but worry for the poor girl.

"Quit worrying about her, you don't even know her," Mason says, a little jealous that she's taking over his thoughts so much.

"Let me know if you do, I'll come to you. I still have guns even if I'm not working for father anymore, you know," Mason hints.

"I know," Eli sighed.

A few days later, Eli was with Max, who was going to visit his doctor friend. Eli stayed in the waiting room and sat down next to a man of around his age.

The man had a notepad on his lap that already looked worn, like he uses it a lot. He is constantly looking down at his legs, glancing at his phone every once in awhile. He looks up when people pass by very close to him, and stares at Eli for a little, then looks back down at his legs.

Eli looked the man over, then looked at the notepad. He didn't want to say anything. That would be awkward, wouldn't it? But that man seemed very out of place.

Everyone managed to get through the rest of the year generally easily, with only a few hiccups and bad weeks amongst all of them.

Mason and Eli went to Tahiti over spring break, and Eli cried when they had to leave so Mason promised they’d be back again the next year. Mason’s dissociation was much better after Eli stopped being gone so much to work on his magic, which was getting better and better even though he didn’t use it in everyday life too much. Eli was helping Mason shake the layer of painful memories off, and Mason was helping Eli become the person he wanted to be.

Matt managed to get a name for himself in music, and became confident on stage and is much preferred over the former singer of the band. He had performed at plenty of live shows and TV shows, and was preparing for a tour during the next year. They released an album at the beginning of the new year, and Matt was ecstatic when it got good ratings. He brought Em with him to every concert, every prerecording for TV, and almost every studio recording visit.

For Theory and Orion, things were going superb. Theory managed to stay on the down low so he isn’t being hunted by angels or demons, and he officially moved to Earth much to his parents dismay. Orion met Theory’s parents briefly, and they were grumpy but seemed to approve of Orion. Theory was getting good at controlling his strength and learned so much about the human world, and Orion was by his side all the time. They even started working together in the candy store.

Lucian was raising Mikhail as a single father, but that didn’t stop him from getting dates and girlfriends. His most recent girlfriend had been with him for half a year, and it seemed to be going well between them. She was sweet, but Lucian didn’t trouble his kids by mentioning her too much. Mikhail himself, being a mystery to Lucian himself, was growing at an alarming rate. He had the body and mind of a 6 year old by the time he was actually only one year. And his growing was only speeding up. Demon doctors told Lucian it was probably because Lilith had so much demon in her that Mikhail was growing at a similar rate to some very powerful demons.

Jack, who had been living in Lucian’s home, approved of his girlfriend, and so did Maybelle whenever she visited from her college dorm. That was enough for Lucian. Lucian had taught Jack how to drive, and Jack managed to get a job at a warehouse. He hated it. He hated being sectioned off into one area to pack boxes. He learned he had a knack for cooking, though, and had been looking for a job in any kind of restaurant recently. Maybelle taught Jack how to behave in public, and even though he hasn’t mastered politeness, he hasn’t been fired or spat on yet. Maybelle was quickly progressing toward her degree, wanting to finish school as fast as possible so she can take Jack and move in with him somewhere new. She felt bad that he was couped up with an exhausting job and a usually-empty or quiet house. Their relationship wasn’t suffering, though, and they cherished every moment they had together.

Max and Beatrice were still living in his mansion, but he has been working on his skating extra hard so that he could make it to the Winter Olympics in 2018. He moved his way up and made a name for himself in the ice skating world. He won gold in almost every competition, and placed second in the Grand Prix. He applied on short notice to be in the Olympics, but thanks to his strikingly (maybe even suspiciously) good track record the past year, they couldn’t say no to him. Max had to travel a lot for competitions and training, and Beatrice insisted on joining him whenever she could. Beatrice herself picked up ice skating again officially, and though she didn’t have the same passion or desperation to make it to the top, Max’s passion drove her to compete and slowly but surely succeed. Maybe not yet to Max’s level, but she was content with being a small-scale Ice wonder. That is, until she got too pregnant to skate anymore. Max was with her when she had their baby, and was relieved when the baby came out healthy and Beatrice showed absolutely no damage to her mental health like Max’s mother had. He was extra worried about her for the months after the baby’s birth, and Beatrice had to continuosly tell Max everything was fine. The baby was around 5 months old when Max began packing for the Olympics.

And that is where everyone leaves off now. In the beginning of the next year, with the 2018 Winter Olympics around the corner. Max was packing a week in advance. He was gone all the time, skating and practicing until his body ached. But he was still having fun.

Mason comes home from his own training one day. “Eli!” He calls. “Bedroom!” Eli calls back. Mason heads to their bedroom after greeting Eva, then tackles Eli who’s on the bed watching youtube. Mason sticks some papers in Eli’s face, and Eli notices that they’re tickets of some sort. “Hi! Guess what? We’re going to South Korea.” Mason says, waving the tickets by Eli’s face while laying on him.

Last edited:
Beatrice walked in with their daughter on her hip. "Max, isn't it a bit early to start packing?" She was concerned about him overworking himself, as he tends to do.

Eli blinked at the papers shoved in his face, then looked up at Mason in confusion. When Mason was this excited, Eli struggled to keep up. "Slower, dear, we're doing what?"

“I just want to make sure I have absolutely everything I need, I don’t wanna pack in one day then end up forgetting a bunch of things,” Max says.

“Flying to South Korea! For the Winter Olympics, to support Maxwell,” Mason says with his million dollar grin.

"Lists are wonderful things," Beatrice chuckled.

"Oh, awesome!" He almost asked about price, then realized that it really didn't matter. "I can email my professors and do my work there, I think."

“Hush, Be.” Max chuckles and holds his arms out for the baby. “I miss my baby girl~ gimme.”

“Good cause I’m not letting you say no~” Mason kisses Eli’s cheek.

Beatrice held the child out to Max. "I hope she behaves on the plane ride to South Korea."

Eli smiled at the affection. "It's not like I was going to say no anyway."

“Me too. She should be fine, though,” Max says as he takes her in his arms. “We’ll be prepared if she does make a fuss.”

“Damn right,” Mason chuckles and smacks Eli’s butt. “Matt said he’ll think about coming, and my dad will be there too. Maybelle is gonna see if she can get off school.”

"Okay, but you have to deal with her too," Beatrice chuckled.

"Is your dad's girlfriend coming with? Is Em? Is Jack?" Eli reached out and wrapped his arms around Mason to pull him to his chest.

“Nah I’m an Olympian who’s supposed to be stress free,” Max laughs.

“Not sure about dads girlfriend, Em probably will come, and I don’t know if Jack will want to,” Mason says and buries his head in Eli’s chest.

Beatrice raised an eyebrow. She knew he was joking, but she needed to set a standard here. "She's half yours, mister Olympian, you get to deal with her too."

"Ah. So just most of the Savage family," Eli chuckled.

“I know, I know.” Max clears his lap and pats it. “Come sit,” He says gently.

“Of course, Max is the second favorite after all,” Mason says with a laugh, half kidding and half serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back