• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

“Can do,” Mason calls. He gets up after eating and goes to Matt and Em’s room, knocking loudly. “We going snowboarding or what?” He yells, obviously not caring that there were other rooms connected to that hall.

Matt whips the door open and immediately smacks his palm on Mason’s forehead. “Shut up, idiot, you’re so loud. Yes, we’re going, we’ll be out in the lobby in an hour,” Matt hisses. His hair was messy. He obviously hadn’t started getting ready yet.

Mason raises an eyebrow. “Your pants are inside out, and your hair is greasy. At least try to look presentable, Mr. Rockstar,” Mason sticks his tongue out. Matt punches Mason’s chest, but not very hard, and says “Look who’s talking, Flash.” Matt rolls his eyes and shuts the door. Mason pouts and touches his head. His hair wasn’t greasy. He looks down. His pants weren’t inside out, either. “Stupid,” Mason mutters to the door and heads back to his own room.

“Guess so. Max texted me last night saying he’s not going, so Beatrice probably won’t want to go either,” Matt shrugs.

Max wakes up when Casey starts crying out of hunger, and he grunts and stretches. “Be?” He mutters, hoping she’s awake and going to the baby.

"Yay, then you can teach me to snowboard," Em said, adorably excited.

Beatrice groaned, having been asleep. "I got her," she sighrd.

Matt grins. “You’re too cute. I’m gonna make you the best damn snowboarder ever,” he assures her.

Max rolls on his side and watches her get up to get the baby. “What time is it? Aren’t they supposed to be leaving for snowboarding pretty early? You’re going with, right?” Max tiredly reaches out for his phone.

"Best after you, of course," Em giggled.

Beatrice checked her phone, then said, "I think I might stay with you and the kids...."

“That goes without saying,” Matt scoffs. “You hungry? Should I order room service or something?”

“What? Why? Don’t you wanna go snowboarding on Korean hills? You have to go,” Max says, feeling bad because he doesn’t want to be the reason she misses out on things.

Em smiled slightly. "Matt, we got food last night, remember? We got the blood while we were out?"

Beatrice shrugged. Sure it would be an awesome experience, but.... "Casey can be a handful."

“Yes, but do you want a breakfast smoothie? Or some veggie juice?” Matt asks. “To give us a little extra charge for the day.”

Max frowns and slowly sits up. He hesitates, then says quietly, “Sometimes I feel like you and the others think I’m incapable of taking care of my own child, or any child. I’m not mentally handicapped. I can take care of kids just fine. I’m just a little... sad, is all. Not unstable.” Max pauses. “It makes me feel more mentally messed up than I am, and as if I’ll never be able to take care of Casey by myself. I swear I can do it,” he admits, not meeting Be’s eyes.

Em thought for a moment, then said, "Veggie juice would be nice."

Beatrice sat up and said, "Baby, I don't think you can't. But you've been stressing so much about the competition, and I know you were considering training today."

Matt smiles. “Yep,” He says and calls room service, ordering juice and a smoothie and then sitting with Em.

“I don’t want you missing out on fun things because of me. I can watch the kids. You go have fun. Leave everything to me,” Max says.

Em cuddled up to Matt, acting all cute. She quietly added, "I miss Ace."

"Well... Okay," Beatrice said. She got up and started to get ready.

Matt smiles. “Yeah, me too, love. But we’ll see him soon enough,” he says. “Hopefully he’s being good.”

Max watches her and gets up to make coffee from the little coffee maker in the room. “do you need coffee?”

“Hopefully Nobody is triggering him or anything,” Matt says, that being a genuine concern of his.

“Got it,” Max smiles and makes her some too, then leaves it for her when she’s ready.

"No, we have a good dog sitter," Em reassured him.

Beatrice grabbed her coffee to go and met everyone else in the lobby.

Matt nods. “You’re right. I’m probably too paranoid,” he says.

Everyone is down there and suited up to go. Mason looks enthusiastic and when he has a solid headcount, they move out to the van they had rented.

Matt seems to be one of the best out of the group at snowboarding. He is taking it slow though and helping Em along. Even Mason is constantly falling over, and Eli is left laughing at him. Lucian is also very good, leaving the others in the dust and being much more agile than the Olympian that was struggling to turn his board without falling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back