• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dark Hearts

“I won’t let you get hurt, Eli,” Mason says.

“I won’t be able to sleep if you keep kissing me,” He says.

"I know youd never let me get hurt on purpose, but...." Eli was hesitant, but didn't want to insult Mason.

Beatrice went to nuzzling against him, then finally settled down. "Please sleep," she said softly.

“But what?” Mason frowns and stares at Eli.

“Okay,” He says quietly. “I don’t think I want to go snowboarding tomorrow. I’ll stay and work out or visit an ice rink.”

"Well, you can't hold my hand the whole way down a slope," Eli said.

"Okay, love," Beatrice said, anot nagging him about missing leisure time just this once.

“Is that a challenge?” Mason raises an eyebrow.

“I’ll take care of the kids. You go have fun with them,” he says and closes his eyes. “I love you. I’m sorry for waking you.”

"No, no, that's how accidents start," Eli said with a grin.

"Nothing to be sorry for," she said and closed her eyes, trusting him to actually sleep.

“It’s too late, I’ve been challenged,” Mason laughs. “Come on, let’s go to sleep, I wanna snuggle you.”

Max wraps an arm around her waist and kisses her cheek, falling back asleep shortly.

The next morning, Mason gets up first to shower and start getting ready. He wakes Eli up right after he orders room service breakfast.

Mason takes his breakfast in his hand. “I’m gonna go make sure the sleepyhead Max is awake,” Mason says and goes out to Max’s room, knocking on the door.

Beatrice woke up and noticed Max still asleep next to her. Probably his sin, sloth, keeping him asleeo. She carefully got out of bed, then ran to the door in her pajamas and hissed at Mason, "Why are you making noise, he's sleeping in for once!"

Beatrice stepped out of the hotel room and held the door open only slightly, so she could get back in but block most of the noise. "Hush, Mace, you know he doesn't usually sleep when he really needs to. He woke up last night, too, I'm glad he fell asleep again at all. Besides, I think he was planning on skipping snowboarding to train."

Mason groans. “Fine. Are you coming, then?” Mason asks, figuring now he won’t have to ask Em or someone to stay back and watch the kids if Max can watch them.

"I think I might, I don't know. I feel like I should stay with him. He tends to neglect himself a lot, even when I'm there to nag him, but it does seem to help when I'm there," she said.

“I think you should come. He’ll be fine, he’s taken care of himself somehow this long. Send me a message with whatever you decide, ‘Kay?” Mason says with a smile. “Decide soon, though.”

"Alright, I'll text you," she said, then went back into her room. She checked on thw baby, then went back to bed and laid down next to Max, wondering what the right thing to do was. It seemed best if she support him in this time more than any.

Mason goes back to his room o finish breakfast with Eli. “Max doesn’t wanna go.” Mason says, sitting down on Eli’s lap.

Eli moved a bit to accommodate Mason sitting on him. "Oh. Well, I mean, he probably wants to practice more. It makes sense."

Mason looks at Eli and chuckles. “Oops. I’ll get off of you,” He says, noticing Eli can’t reach the food. He sits next to Eli instead. “Are you excited?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back