• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark Fantasy

Tombstone

That Damned Cowboy
Hello all! Soon I'm going to be creating a dark fantasy RP. The main story is going to be that of a quest to defend the mortal realm from the demonic forces of hell. There will be an underlying horror theme because of this. I want to make this to be a very morally grey style of story, as such this will not be as light hearted as other RPs out there. To emphasize this point Im debating asking those participating to create more than one character so there will be some to kill off. With that said all will get at least one immortal (won't die during the course of the RP) character and it will be up to the person playing the character when their character meets his/her untimely end. With any hope it should have a similar feel to Game of Thrones. There will be varying degrees of magic in the RP as well as different races to choose from. There will also be some generic character classes to choose from depending on your background and fighting style. Each character's history would have to match his/her class. To start with all of the character will be either good or neutral. After the story progresses a bit some character can turn evil and new demonic classes will be introduced for the creation of new characters. I know this might be a little different than most other RP's (at least from what I have seen) but I would like to give it a try. I hope you guys are interested in joining me in this endeavor. Ill have more information posted soon and hopefully have the main portion and character sheets of the RP up later tonight.

Okay here is the first set of the two starting factions. All of these classes have backgrounds with the church. All of the classes aligned with the church possess holy magic. Strength classes are fighters/tanks, Speed classes are Rouges, and Intelligence classes are Heavy magic users. The second set which I am working on now will be those of the general populace.

Crusader (Strength) – Crusaders are elite soldiers in the Holy churches army. These warriors rely heavily on their strength and prowess during battle. They specialize in inflicting strong heavy blows doing massive amounts of damage, with that said they are very slow. They are one of the two classes that can use offensive holy magic, and the most powerful style at that. The crusader’s holy damage can be described as a righteous blow to smite enemies. To offset this it takes a while for them to build up their mana. Historically, crusaders have been used to fight human enemies of the church. If you play as a crusader, prepare to purchase some indulgences.

Templar (Strength) - Templars are the elite guards of high-ranking church officials. They are heavily armored and great at taking in damage. They use defensive holy magic to dispel that of the enemies and shield themselves and their comrades from enemy blows. While they mainly absorb damage, their fighting abilities are nothing to laugh at.

Exorcist (Speed) – Exorcists are men physically altered and specially trained since childhood to track down and kill demons. Little is known about them and their organization is highly secretive. They are swift and excel in battle, using primarily flank attacks. Exorcists are one of the only two classes able to use offensive holy magic. Their magic is one of purification that lingers and burns away at enemies. While not overly strong, over the course of a battle it can be deadly. Sometimes when fighting demons they can use lines from the holy book as well as other holy tools (such as holy water) to effect that type of enemy.

Clerics (Intelligence) – Clerics are priests of the holy church with strong devotions to God (notice I didn’t say the church). They are prone to wanting to spread their ideals and beliefs, often leading them to travel the world as missionaries. They have few fighting abilities if any. However, they are often desired as they posses Restorative and Defensive holy magic. Clerics are one of the few classes capable of healing and are considered to be the best at it.

Inquisitor (Intelligence) – The holy church possesses a few branches of Inquisition. Those in this class belong to the branch that specializes in witch hunting. They use a variety of traps and holy artifacts to aid them in fighting and dispelling dark magic. They also posses a type of holy magic that leaves barriers and runes to weaken the magic of their opponents. It isn’t uncommon for inquisitors to be paranoid, overzealous, fanatics who take things too far, possessing hatred towards any magic that isn’t holy. Some also tend to be snobs who look upon certain races and rankings in society as inferior.

@MadamMysitc & @DemonKitten

Ooooo! Sounds fun, maybe I can try out that hell knight character, would be a crusader for the sake of keeping to current class availability.

Alright here are the classes that will be available to the common people. A character should not need any set affiliations to be in any of these classes.

Knight (Strength) – Knights are the heavily armored soldiers in the employment of nearly all the nobility. Characters of this class are excellent horsemen, using this to their advantage on open fields of battle. While on horseback they typically carry lances and dominate the battleground. During this state it would be better for one to focus on the animal that the knight was riding rather than the knight itself. On foot they are excellent at absorbing damage and are good at fighting with melee weaponry.

Ranger (Strength) – Rangers are better than your average soldier or mercenary. This class, while not exceptional in any given area, is very well rounded. The only thing that a ranger cannot do is use magic. One trait that is unique to rangers is that they are the only strength class that can efficiently use archery as well as administer basic healing through first aid and basic alchemy. More or less, this class is very desirable to have on ones team.

Assassin (Speed) – Trained to kill since childhood, assassins are exceptionally deadly to mortal enemies. This class relies heavily on steal to make their attacks and when they aim to kill (and they always aim to kill) they usally succeed. Assassins tend to favor smaller and easily concealable weapons such as daggers and hidden blades. Still don’t doubt for a second that they cant swing a swords just as effectively. Many assassins employ the use of deadly poisons on their weapons to make the most out of every injury they can inflict.

Huntsman (Speed) – Huntsman are skilled trackers and excellent shots. The huntsman is the only class that specializes in the use of archery and long-range warfare, giving their attacks the farthest reach out of any of the classes. Bows and crossbows are the main weapons of a huntsman, but they are no stranger to knives and swords. Long periods spent in the isolation of the wilderness have taught the huntsmen how to sustain themselves and use herbs to create basic first aid supplies. This class proves vital when traversing the open world.

Alchemist (Intelligence) – Alchemists are intelligent minds who have studied the art of how certain materials react. What separates alchemy from chemistry is that the ingredients used in alchemy tend to have magical properties significantly different from the standard chemical ones. Alchemists tend to use a variety tools to gain the advantage in battle. Potions and elixirs can temporarily alter their physical properties and give them unique traits such as strength, stamina, and night vision. These potions can also be used to heal injuries and cure ailments. This ability makes them the second best class for healing. Alchemists can also bombard enemies with a variety of different grenades inflicting mass damage.

Court Mage/Apostate Mage (Intelligence) – These mages are very similar in abilities but differ in their backgrounds. Court mages have gone through rigorous training and certification while acquiring their magic abilitlites. Due to this most often live cush lives in universities or noble palaces where they have access to many recourses and supplies. Apostate mages have tried to learn on their own without assistance the assistance of others. Because of this fact do not receive the necessary certification and monitoring needed to legally practice. This commonly leads inquisitors to pursue apostates as well as witches as there is no guarantee that they will not turn to the forbidden magics. Mages use a type of magic called raw magic. Raw magic is very neutral unlike the holy and forbidden magics. It’s power sources from the flow of the world around it. The two most commonly practiced types of holy magic are that of elemental spells (mostly attacks) and alteration spell (these manipulate the world around you). A very rare from is that of Illusion magic which can play tricks on one’s mind. Mages typically have to recite incantations to use spell when using no device to channel their mana. As such most mages carry staves which allows them to quickly cast a wide variety of spells. Most battle prone mages will craft their staves out of metal putting a blade on one end (spear like) with the channeling crystal on the other.

I am nearly complete with the story of the RP and as soon as I have that finished Ill create the Role Play. If there is not a class that fits you play style let me know and Ill see if I can't create one that would fit into this world. Ill also take on any ideas or suggestions you guys have. This is my first time creating an RP but i know this one will be great. Also if you have any good ideas to name it let me know, I'm still brainstorming that.

@MadamMysitc, @DemonKitten, @Allcure, @Orikanyo @Seymour

Alright the core body of it is ready to go. You will find it here: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/fallen-ashes.131435/. Ill tag all of those who said they were interested in the OCC.

It just went online, no one has signed up as of yet. You are more then welcome to join!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back