• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Dark Earth

TheRevenant

In the year 2050 a great asteroid collided with Earth, throwing up clouds of ash and dust that blocked the light of the sun for thousands of years. This event became known to the survivors as 'The Great Cataclysm.'

Those that survived the initial collision were soon hunted by strange creatures of darkness that appeared once the light of the sun had been extinguished. The survivors were hunted relentlessly by these creatures, as well as having to take shelter in abandoned buildings to survive dust storms so powerful they could tear the flesh from a man's bones.

After years of struggling to survive, the weary survivors found a spot where the light of the sun penetrated the oppressive clouds of ash and dust and this is where they built their cities. They built cities in these spots of light that were littered across the world and called these cities 'stallites' a place of reprieve from the creatures that couldn't venture into the light.

The RP will take place in one of these stallites called Sparta (THIS IS SPARTA xD ) centuries later when the descendents of the weary travellers have forgotten about their history, save from the great cataclysm. These descendents Now worship the sunlight as the great Solaar and have erected temples in worship where priests known as Sunseers give their thanks to the all powerful Sun God.

The stallite Sparta consists of a upper city and a lower city slum.

Now the Stallite is under threat, as a secret group wish to extinguish the protective light of Sparta and welcome in the darkness. A war is beginning. A clandestine war that threatens the lives of everyone in the stallite. The conspirators must be exposed before they find a way to extinguish the light holding back the twisted creatures of the dark lands.

Players will play as either one of the following:

SUNSEER:

Sunseers are the priests of the great Solaar. They are the healers and leaders of the stallite, claiming that their prayers to the great Sun God keep his rays of light shining on the stallite. Sunseers live in the temple district in the upper city, their apartments are luxurious, offering comfort and personal space.

GUARDIAN OF FIRE:

The guardians of fire are the military and law enforcers of the stallite. Equipped with crossbows and sabers, they make formidable opponents in battle. The guardians serve as the right hand of the Sunseers, they protect them and carry out their orders.

They live in the upper city in the barracks, cramped together without personal space. The guardians patrol the outer walls, man the outer wall canons, maintain order in the lower city and guard the temple of the great Solaar.

SCAVENGER:

The scavengers live in the slums of the lower city, making homes from tin and wood and anything else they can scavenge. Living up to their name, they must scavenge for food and useful tools to ensure their survival, otherwise they will perish. They are thieves and those who are otherwise considered unhelpful in the progression of the stallite.

BUILDER:

The builders are tasked with the arduous job of repairing the mechanical elevator that runs between the upper and lower city and making repairs to the outer walls. Their jobs are dangerous and there are often accidents resulting in loss of limbs or loss of life. They are skilled engineers and builders and have earned their own building in the upper city providing them with their own private quarters.

WANDERERS:

The wanderers live in the slums of the lower city. Wanting to earn an honest living they refrain from mugging and stealing and instead venture out into the dark lands to find technology from the old world and animals to either eat or use as pets. Some of them travel on tamed bears and trade what they've found with the sunseers or builders in exchange for food. Wanderers seldom come back from the dark lands alive.

The Rules:

No God Modding.

Swearing is allowed.

Each player can make multiple characters.

If you're going to leave then kill off your character instead of them just vanishing.

Is anybody interested and are there any questions?

Oh, man, I remember Dark Earth. Such a cool game, especially for it's time.

Good luck - I don't have time to play, but have fun.

Grey said:
Oh, man, I remember Dark Earth. Such a cool game, especially for it's time.
Good luck - I don't have time to play, but have fun.
I'm surprised another user knows it haha. I've never spoken to another person that knows about this game! Shame you can't play dude :(

I've heard of Dark Earth before, but I never played it. The premise sounds intriguing, though.

All I can say is that I'm interested, but I can't make any guarantees regarding my involvement due to preexisting time constraints. If at all possible I'll join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back