DanganronpaRE: Remember Me RP

"Just what are you accusing me of, Kobayashi?" He leaned forward, both hands resting on the podium in front of him. "After all I've said and done to help this trial, are you still trying to incriminate me?" Leaning back, Ryōka looked at everyone around him, his eyes stopping at Tsuzaki and then darted back to Koba.

"Haven't I already told you how much Mari meant to me? And you would still think me a murderer? Well, where is your proof? Besides my lack of an alibi, you don't have much that you could peg me as the killer. I'm just the 'odd one out' as they say."
Ryōka crossed his arms and tilted his head back, looking down on the cytologist from level ground.
loadWebfont('Nosifer');There is no proof that I'm the murderer, not a single shred of evidence. You're just pointing fingers at me again because you despise me so much."

koba-png.315091

"Ryoka...I *want* to...I really want to..." Koba spoke, his dry and delicate lips trembled. Confusion and suppressed despair was brewing within him.

"I really want to believe that you truly understand how painful it is to lose someone that you never wish to lose." Koba spoke, his eyes bored into Ryoko's as he clenched his hand against his chest tightly.

"Yet what can I do? Tell me......"

step0002-jpg.289020

Yume's eyes were on Ryoka, staring blankly the SHSL Hairdresser. The girl pressed her lips together, her body started to tremble involuntarily ever so slightly as her sixth-sense was giving off an unpleasant alarm.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"More solid proofs, so that's what you need. Understandable. In fact, I do think that's what everybody in this room needs."
"Now, I do recall we have *plenty* of them, am I correct, everyone? Yume?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"
"There is no doubt that we can proof Ryoko's involvement in this case..."
"However-" Yume stuttered as she tried to open her mouth. The girl soon gave up on speaking as something seemingly took over her mind.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Hm......"
"Now let's start off with something simple then."
"For instance, the reason behind the sound that the metal detector made when Minori and Alex is being pushed into the trap room by a person......"
"And...let's say the person who did that is indeed Ryoka."
"If that's the case, I am sure that there's a logical explanation as to why the metal detector would start to beep."

a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero
GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Last edited:
Julian watched the change in personality. "I'm sorry, Ryoka, but the very sudden Change in attitude.... I don't think it helps your Cause." Julian said looking off put. "Anyway, We were looking for the bombs, which were metal. The reason why the Metal detector would go off, is that Ryoka, or the Culprit at least, would have to have something metal on them to set it off." Julian put out. This was very simple and basic logic. "I'm sorry, but is anyone putting any Logic into thinking that? That shouldn't even be a question. What really you should ask is.." He said turning to Ryoka. "Ryoka, tell me, please, do you have anything Metallic on you?" He asked. "Anything. Anything at all. Earring, piercings, metal on you clothing... A buckle, I don't know." Julian suggested.

Julian watched the change in personality. "I'm sorry, Ryoka, but the very sudden Change in attitude.... I don't think it helps your Cause." Julian said looking off put. "Anyway, We were looking for the bombs, which were metal. The reason why the Metal detector would go off, is that Ryoka, or the Culprit at least, would have to have something metal on them to set it off." Julian put out. This was very simple and basic logic. "I'm sorry, but is anyone putting any Logic into thinking that? That shouldn't even be a question. What really you should ask is.." He said turning to Ryoka. "Ryoka, tell me, please, do you have anything Metallic on you?" He asked. "Anything. Anything at all. Earring, piercings, metal on you clothing... A buckle, I don't know." Julian suggested.
step0002-jpg.289020

"Scissors......"
"It's a hairdressing scissors."
"Ryoka always carry some scissors with him, he's a SHSL Hairdresser after all."
Yume mumbled as her eyes averted from everyone.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Not to mention there are clearly some signs that the culprit definitely have a scissors with them. I believe some of you did notice that."

"If any of you are still doubting Ryoko's involvement in this case, try to recall how Ryoka showed up at the crime scene."
"Even without the guidance of Kasumi, Ryoka was able to maneuver around the dungeon with ease and seems to know exactly where the bodies could be found right after the body discovery announcement is made, he showed up at the crime scene within the matter of a few minutes."
"It was at that point it was made clear that he's definitely familiar with the layout of the dungeon after all, correct?"

"Is there anything you want to say, Kureiji Ryoka?"

a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

*I suddenly feel the need to slip in some ost from the main series*

Last edited:
Julian watched the change in personality. "I'm sorry, Ryoka, but the very sudden Change in attitude.... I don't think it helps your Cause."
Ryōka harrumphed and twirled his bangs, wrapping them around his index finger. "Truthfully, I'm getting a bit sick of Koba trying to start things with me. You can't blame me for getting a little annoyed."
"Ryoka, tell me, please, do you have anything Metallic on you?" He asked. "Anything. Anything at all. Earring, piercings, metal on you clothing... A buckle, I don't know." Julian suggested.
Ryōka burst out laughing
"Scissors......"
Ryōka burst out laughing, tears started to form in his eyes as he tried to contain himself. "What a question that is, to ask me if I have anything metallic on me. Of course I do, isn't it obvious?" Ryōka pulled out the scissors in question. The golden metal scissors with an intricate rose engraved into the handle, the ones that used to be his mothers before she passed away. "I would never leave my room without my scissors. Besides, there wouldn't be any point in saying they're plastic anyways, it's easy to tell otherwise." Ryōka then lightly pulled at one of the cross earrings he wore. "My earrings would have also been an acceptable answer, although my scissors are just as good an answer."
"Not to mention there are clearly some signs that the culprit definitely have a scissors with them. I believe some of you did notice that."

"If any of you are still doubting Ryoko's involvement in this case, try to recall how Ryoka showed up at the crime scene."
"Even without the guidance of Kasumi, Ryoka was able to maneuver around the dungeon with ease and seems to know exactly where the bodies could be found right after the body discovery announcement is made, he showed up at the crime scene within the matter of a few minutes."
"It was at that point it was made clear that he's definitely familiar with the layout of the dungeon after all, correct?"

"Is there anything you want to say, Kureiji Ryoka?"
Ryōka began to chuckle, covering his mouth with a closed hand. "A good observation, Hisoka. I expected nothing less of the SHSL Memory." Ryōka continued to chuckle, unphased that he had become the primary suspect for Mika and Mari's deaths. "It's funny isn't it, how you have the best memory out of everyone here but you still can't recall your lost memories?"

"Hmmm, yes, there was something I wanted to say.." Ryōka said as he idly scratched at his cheek, closing his eyes in mock thought. "Hmmm, what was it, what was it, just what was it..?"
Ryōka's scratching progressively got faster and his nails began to sink deeper until a bit of blood began to seep from the cuts he had made in his cheek.

"Let me tell you two useful pieces of information..."
  1. "You should not address me by my first name. We are not friends, and I do not see you as someone I should respect or worship, so you should address me by my surname."
  2. "I am not the SHSL Hairstylist. I am nowhere near worthy of such a grand title.
  3. "While I may not be the Ultimate Hairstylist, I am still an Ultimate!"
"You may ask yourself, 'Just what is his Ultimate title?' Please allow me to enlighten you!"

Ryōka snapped his fingers to cue two Monopawns, whom he had intimidated into doing this earlier, that were waiting above him with a bucket of water. This was their signal to dump a bucket of water on his head as he bent backward to let it fall on his face. Snapping back into place, Ryōka unsheathed his comb with one hand and put his index and middle finger to each of his eyes respectively with the other.

In a flash, Ryōka combed and dried his hair back to the way it was while simultaneously removing a pair of contact lenses from his eyes. Using the previously dumped water and a comb covered in a special self-made hair dye, Ryōka turned his hair color from a cool, raven-like black to a bright, sun-like yellow. The colored contact lenses which had made his eyes look to be a dull red revealed their true colors as a bright pink.

"I Am The Super High School Level Artist"
Real Kureiji Headshot.jpg

Dreamtique Dreamtique Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos a simpler name a simpler name Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

Last edited:
step0002-jpg.289020

Yume started at Ryoka as she listens intently, dumbfounded by the sudden escalation of the mood of the trial. She was paralyzed by the sudden rush of unnamed fear and dread that rushed down her spine, her eyes narrowed while her brows locked together, as a look of disbelieve slowly took over her pale face.

koba-png.315091

Eye widened as his teeth clenched together tightly. Koba trembled in rage as he finally unleash his long
suppressed amalgamation of confusion, puzzlement, and frustration.
"What do you think you are doing, Ryoka!? Don't mess around with us here!"
"You pissed me off when you laugh like that! What the hell is wrong with you!"
"Don't start spitting nonsense like that."
"I would have punched you right in the face if-" Koba paused and swallowed his words as his eyes turned to glance at the black and white photo of Mika placed on the podium she used to be standing.

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"W-what? He...he lied to us? Is that what Ryoka really thinks? So h-he was h-hiding his true self?"
Hitsuji squinted his eyes as he clenched tightly to his fluffy hoodie, trying to gain a sense of safety from the violently growing despair that was filling up the air of the trial ground.

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"What is...happening?"

koba-png.315091

"What is this? Is that the real Kureiji Ryoka?"

"First it was Mari, and now 'this guy'...what's next? Are we all only putting up an act this entire time. So acting all friendly is merely an act...part of a plan to cover up all of the murderous intention we got!?"
"What is real and what is fake...I can't even tell now......"
"Is all of these just and act?"

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"I-I don't wanna......" Hitsuji put his hands over his head, trying to hide his face as he mumbled incoherently.

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"BUAHAHAHA!!! Just look at you! Take a good look of the face you are making now! It's priceless!!! Marvelous! Fabulous maaax~!"
"You though you know your 'friends', but at the end you are only lying to yourself! That's the only reason why you are always only going to be living in your own lies...as well as other's lies!!!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"
"Who are you?" Yume's eyes fixated on Ryoka as she asked.
"You are not the Ryoka I know, you are not the Ryoka we know." Yume spoke, her voice was so weak that it was only barely audible.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"The SHSL Artist, huh? It is interesting isn't it? It reminds all of us just how little we truly know about each other, even ourselves....."
Hisoka kept his arms crossed as he scanned Ryoka from head to toe with a subtle smirk on his face.

koba-png.315091

"So it turns out this guy we though we know is just some god damn psycho......"
"I j-just don't get it. But we don't have to, right? Now I just want this guy to be gone from my sight......"
Koba kept his head low as he commented, his back and limbs went limp completely.

"What are we waiting for...let's vote...I honestly can't stand this anymore, I had enough. I am done with this, I am *so* done with all of these."
"Let's end this, please......"
With his hoarse and trembling voice, he spoke amid the overwhelming despair that was suffocating all of them.

"Let's...end this......"

step0002-jpg.289020

"No......"
"Please. Hold on."

Last edited:
"Just what are you accusing me of, Kobayashi?After all I've said and done to help this trial, are you still trying to incriminate me?" Leaning back, Ryōka looked at everyone around him, his eyes stopping at Tsuzaki and then darted back to Koba.

Tsuzaki stepped back at Ryouka's sudden outburst. She was, frankly, shocked. Unwarranted actually. This... t
This is not Ryouka. She felt that something was different, something was up. No. It was not that she 'felt'. She was sure when Ryouka looked at her. It was not right.

"Haven't I already told you how much Mari meant to me? And you would still think me a murderer? Well, where is your proof? Besides my lack of an alibi, you don't have much that you could peg me as the killer. I'm just the 'odd one out' as they say." Ryōka crossed his arms and tilted his head back, looking down on the cytologist.

"Uh-" she faltered slightly. "Yes. That is corret. We shouldn't accuse Ryouka without sufficient proof. " She decided the best course of action was to defend Ryouka. No matter what the outside of him looks, he's still good on the inside,right? Right? Her mind didn't answer that.

There is no proof that I'm the murderer, not a single shred of evidence. You're just pointing fingers at me again because you despise me so much."

She looked scared. Scared at Ryouka. He was the one who made her feel a lot of emotions, emotions that she hasn't felt for a long time. Well, this was the first time she felt fear.

koba-png.315091

"Ryoka...I *want* to...I really want to..." Koba spoke, his dry and delicate lips trembled. Confusion and suppressed despair was brewing within him.

"I really want to believe that you truly understand how painful it is to lose someone that you never wish to lose." Koba spoke, his eyes bored into Ryoko's as he clenched his hand against his chest tightly.

"Yet what can I do? Tell me......"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"
"There is no doubt that we can proof Ryoko's involvement in this case..."
"However-" Yume stuttered as she tried to open her mouth. The girl soon gave up on speaking as something seemingly took over her mind.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Hm......"
"Now let's start off with something simple then."
"For instance, the reason behind the sound that the metal detector made when Minori and Alex is being pushed into the trap room by a person......"
"And...let's say the person who did that is indeed Ryoka."
"If that's the case, I am sure that there's a logical explanation as to why the metal detector would start to beep."

It hit Yukino. There was no doubt. She should be saying what was wrong out of all of this. It was her responsibility to speak the truth. Rather, she stayed silent. It was lying, she knew. Lying with ommision. She touched her right arm,looking down on the floor. It was Julian who called it out.

step0002-jpg.289020

"Scissors......"

It was obvious. She felt a sweat dripping down. She mumbled a yes.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

She said very silently to herself. "Like the cut letter."

It all made sense but she wanted to deny. She shook her head and clawed deep into her podium. She was ready to fight.

Ryōka burst out laughing, tears started to form in his eyes as he tried to contain himself. "What a question that is, to ask me if I have anything metallic on me. Of course I do, isn't it obvious?" Ryōka pulled out the scissors in question. The golden metal scissors with an intricate rose engraved into the handle, the ones that used to be his mothers before she passed away. "I would never leave my room without my scissors. Besides, there wouldn't be any point in saying they're plastic anyways, it's easy to tell otherwise." Ryōka then lightly pulled at one of the cross earrings he wore. "My earrings would have also been an acceptable answer, although my scissors are just as good an answer."

"But even if all of that was true, that does not mean that he killed them!"

"Hmmm, yes, there was something I wanted to say.." Ryōka said as he idly scratched at his cheek, closing his eyes in mock thought. "Hmmm, what was it, what was it, just what was it..?" Ryōka's scratching progressively got faster and his nails began to sink deeper until a bit of blood began to seep from the cuts he had made in his cheek.

She looked up to that horrid sight, her eyes a bit watery. "Ryouka....No."

"Let me tell you two useful pieces of information..."
  1. "You should not address me by my first name. We are not friends, and I do not see you as someone I should respect or worship, so you should address me by my surname."
  2. "I am not the SHSL Hairstylist. I am nowhere near worthy of such a grand title.
  3. "While I may not be the Ultimate Hairstylist, I am still an Ultimate!"

She shook her head furiously. She wanted to think this was just a dream. Disdainfully, she looked at Monokuma. Tell something, you idiot. Tell that Ryouka did nothing.

"You may ask yourself, 'Just what is his Ultimate title?' Please allow me to enlighten you!"

"Shut up, Ryouka. Shut up. Shut up. Shut u-"

Ryōka snapped his fingers to cue two Monopawns, whom he had intimidated into doing this earlier, that were waiting above him with a bucket of water. This was their signal to dump a bucket of water on his head as he bent backward to let it fall on his face. Snapping back into place, Ryōka unsheathed his comb with one hand and put his index and middle finger to each of his eyes respectively with the other.

In a flash, Ryōka combed and dried his hair back to the way it was while simultaneously removing a pair of contact lenses from his eyes. Using the previously dumped water and a comb covered in a special self-made hair dye, Ryōka turned his hair color from a cool, raven-like black to a bright, sun-like yellow. The colored contact lenses which had made his eyes look to be a dull red revealed their true colors as a bright pink.

She blinked. Out of all the students, Yukino said what everyone was thinking succintly.

"What the fuck."

Dammit RPnation! where's my notifications! XD im back.))))

Minori was rather surprised when everything shifted to Ryoko. He seemed rude, but she did like him, he seemed cool. Though when his appearance even changed she wondered if even that was an act. Nope, he probably still disliked her, that was normal, but all the same, it did seem like her was the killer, and that was just disappointing on its own. She had been hoping to bother him further. After all, he was interesting, and this only got her more interested. Artist? how fun, after all, revelations like this, as said before, only got her more and more interested. She looked over at Yukino, she just needed to drop the 'we don't have enough evidence' act, it was pretty obvious he was the killer. No matter how disappointing it may be.

Julian sighed, counting on his fingers. "Okay, Sissors, for the reason the metal detector going off, Artist so the reason for doing something so... elaborate, in the murder, he was obvious okay with handling spiders since he was close to Mari. Able to navigate through the Dungeons, and why he didn't get lost, was cause he was there before, Large jump in personality, though this could be due to the case of the Crazies that seems to be going around recently..." He said, trailing off a bit before continuing. "But what I don't get is the Motive. Does he have a motive? A proper one, Not the, uh, one to die by bombs?" Julian asked at the end, rubbing his temples. "That and Why Mari? And Mika? You seemed.... Infatuated with Mari at the least. Like, what's going on there? Because they were pretty? Again, is there a factor to prettiness? Cause Yume, Yukino, Alex... They're all pretty too. Was there a certain factor to it?" He asked again. He sighed, starting to give himself a headache. Humans were confusing, he swore to everything good an holy.. All the secrets being let out made him feel conscious of his own. But, it wasn't like he was a Threat or anything, but he still worried. No, now is not the time to think of your own problems. Alright, back to the situation. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'll have to stay neutral on the Deciding if he is guilty." He said almost defeated.

koba-png.315091

"What are you guys talking about?!"
"Even now...You are still trying to deny the fact that Ryok-...That guy over there, killed Mari and Mika!?"

"Just stop this already, its over! The evidence and our deduction are all pointing towards him, and look at that guy! He is utterly insane. So why are all of you still being so dense."
"It's over... please put an end to this already!"

"Why...Why... are you still defending this guy?"

"It's settled, Ryoka's is the only one capable of committing the murder, there's simply no way to refute that fact."

step0002-jpg.289020

"Is... Ryoka really the only one capable of doing that?"

koba-png.315091

"What are you talking about of course-"
Koba paused, his eyes widened as a sudden realization struck him.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"You did realize that right? Kobayashi?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Mika......"

"Mika...She came down from the cabin when Hisoka and Yukino approached the cabin, that's when someone have the chance to carry Mari's corpse with them and escape from the balcony."
"If... that's the case, she......"
"She must know something right?"
"She must know something about the murder, right? But why......"

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"Why did Mika kept quiet about everything?"

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"H-huh? I-I am lost......"
"So what does that mean?"
"R-Ryoka is definitely the killer right?"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"It means that, there's a possibility that......"

"Two of them are working together......"

koba-png.315091

"There's no way!!!" Koba shouted at the top of his lungs, intending to bury Hisoka's voice with his's.
"There's no way...there's *no way*......stop spitting out nonsense!"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Nonsense, you say?"
"No, that's purely a product of my deduction."

"For instance......"
"I do recall that Mika was trying to intentionally distract me and Yukino when we approached the wooden cabin......"

"There is someone over there." Hisoka walked closer to Tsuzaki as he whispered.
You were not sure what makes Hisoka thinks that.
What could be heard was only a sudden rustling of the leaves, that was maybe caused by a gust of strong wind, or maybe not. It could also be caused by 'animals' like the birds, squirrels or something like that. Or else, what could it be? It would be ridiculous to think that there'll be flying humans after all-

"Hisoka, Yukino, I am glad to see you two here." Your train of thought was interrupted as a voice called out to two of you.

As two of you turned to the voice, you could see Mika, who was walking down the spiral staircase curling around the giant tree gradually before she leaped off and landed on the ground.

step0002-1-jpg.289028

"I...I am glad to see two of you here." She repeated what she said, she seemed to be panting slightly, perhaps from the long staircase that she'll have to climb.

"Um...um..."

For a few seconds two of you were just staring at the girl as she started to make a bunch of incoherent voices, seemingly having difficulties to come up with words, but after the girl's breathing pattern slowly resumed to a less erratically one, she gave the two an awkward smile before she finally spoke.

"I am extremely sorry, I am feeling a little nauseous and tired... perhaps it's from the stinging smell of detergent and all that...but regardless, I want to apologize for being not able to provide any help to all of you in this treasure hunt."

koba-png.315091

"Don't bluff all you want! Why are you even trying to involve Mika in this! WHat the heck do you want?!!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Koba, I want the truth......"

"There are still many unanswered questions."
"How exactly are Mika and Mari killed so 'easily'? What is the true motive behind this? Why Mika and Mari? What are Mika, Mari, and Ryoka's role in this case? Could this case be connected to how Mari was acting before the murder? Is there an explanation for Mari's actions?"

"There are still many things that I don't understand... including why is Ryoka acting this way, I...I just don't believe that that's the Ryoka we know."
"That's why I want to look for the truth in this case......"

[sorta 'To Be Continue' here....enjoy the suspense I guess :') ]

Last edited:
She shook her head. No. She refused to believe that Ryouka would do something that vile. Even if he was mad, insane and possibly weird, he couldn't kill Mari. That was impossible. It pains her to say that but she knew Ryouka's personality. It was unfathomable for him to kill Mari. Yukino would find it more probable that Ryouka would kill himself for Mari. It was unconscionable. Impossible. Yes. She refused to believe that. Splinters break from the podium.

He couldn't. Yukino refused to believe. She really wanted to say that was true but... doubts attacked her. Her mind hurts. He was innocent.

She viewed all of this events, all that was happening in front of her like it was some distant place, that she was not participating in its entirety like this was just squiggles of text on the screen. But this feels real. Real to her. She knew deep in her heart that she did not want to see Ryouka die.Her mind hurts, her face scrunches when she thought. Because he was innocent, and she knew.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right? Right? Oh god please tell me that was true. Someone. Anyone. Please! This is selfish, I know. I should consider this rationally. But I can't. I look at the new Ryouka. The strange man that stood before me. He's still him inside. The unselfish man. Whenever I try to reason, I always thought about how kind he was to others. Especially to Mari. It is inconceivable for me to believe. Why am I thinking like this?! Because, because, because?

He made me believe that I matter, that I am not only a part of a bigger, grander scheme. My own story, feelings.

A story. That's what I used to see my life. This is just a part of something bigger and my life does not matter that much except to teach others about morals and virtues to others when they found out about my story. That's the point of everyone's lives. To improve the
lives of other people. If that is not true, then what then? I simply do not matter.

He proves me wrong though.

This life is real, not to you possibly.

But to me.

step0002-jpg.289020

"Is... Ryoka really the only one capable of doing that?"

koba-png.315091

"What are you talking about of course-"
Koba paused, his eyes widened as a sudden realization struck him.

I look at Koba, my eyes looking at him. He is a bumbling idiot if he thought that it was Ryouka who did kill. Good thing he was not that stupid."Yes, it is clear, isn't it?" I said with an edge in my voice. Actually, it was more like I was near to shouting at him.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"You did realize that right? Kobayashi?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Mika......"

"Mika...She came down from the cabin when Hisoka and Yukino approached the cabin, that's when someone have the chance to carry Mari's corpse with them and escape from the balcony."
"If... that's the case, she......"
"She must know something right?"
"She must know something about the murder, right? But why......"

"It was like she was hiding something." I reasoned, "Preventing a..." My mouth mumbles at that thought. That implies that she and Mika killed each other. It was possible. I knew that might be true. I just don't want to say it though.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"It means that, there's a possibility that......"

"Two of them are working together......"

koba-png.315091

"There's no way!!!" Koba shouted at the top of his lungs, intending to bury Hisoka's voice with his's.
"There's no way...there's *no way*......stop spitting out nonsense!"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Nonsense, you say?"
"No, that's purely a product of my deduction."

"For instance......"
"I do recall that Mika was trying to intentionally distract me and Yukino when we approached the wooden cabin......"

I nod my head with all my might. I knew that something is up. "I confirm that is true."

"Don't bluff all you want! Why are you even trying to involve Mika in this! WHat the heck do you want?!!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Koba, I want the truth......"

"There are still many unanswered questions."
"How exactly are Mika and Mari killed so 'easily'? What is the true motive behind this? Why Mika and Mari? What are Mika, Mari, and Ryoka's role in this case? Could this case be connected to how Mari was acting before the murder? Is there an explanation for Mari's actions?"

"There are still many things that I don't understand... including why is Ryoka acting this way, I...I just don't believe that that's the Ryoka we know."
"That's why I want to look for the truth in this case......"

I look at the strange man that took the place of Ryouka. The same unselfish man. Innocent. Right? My head still hurts.

Last edited:
koba-png.315091

"Why...why are you even trying to involve Mika in all of this......"
"She...s-she......"
"She's...dead......"

"She is dead! She's the victim in this case, so what are all of you trying to proof here?!"
"I j-just don't understand......"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"
Yume kept quiet, deep inside she knew there are times when keeping quiet is the better way to answer a question.

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"H-hey! R-ryoka...y-you killed Mika and Mari right? A-answer us......"

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"Quit that. He wouldn't."

step0002-jpg.289020

Yume let out a deep sigh. She slowly lifted her head up to look straight at Ryoka, the man who's standing right in front of all of them. A face so familiar yet so distant. She couldn't quite understand what's going on with Ryoka, but somehow her instinct tell her that something was definitely off, and if there's anything that she leant through the trials this far, her instinct is always on point.
It was almost as if Ryoka changed completely, all so suddenly, just like how Mari did before she was murdered.
Was Ryoka just acting all this time? Is that really the case? Is that even possible?
Unless Ryoka and Mari are both really good actors, there is simply no way for them to change their attitude and body language completely.
Ryoka...does he even know the answer to all of that himself? Regardless, that's all unimportant, she's going to unravel the truth along with everyone that's in this trial room, right here.

"Everyone, Koba...I want go through the case once again."
"How about...we talk about the murder weapon?"

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"Murder weapon?"
"The culprit clearly used a syringe to inject the fatal poison."

step0002-jpg.289020

"Yes. But the real question is, which syringe was used?"

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"H-huh?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Kasumi, you said you found a syringe at the secret room in the dungeon, correct?"
"So we can safely assume that the murderer used that to inject the poison."
"But...in fact, we also found *another* syringe, a broken syringe with a "Monokuma Trademark" on it, in fact, all of the 'treasures' that's in the treasure chests have a 'Monokuma Trademark' on them."

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"Yep! Yep! Because all of them are my lovely creations!!!"
"Aren't all of them lovely! I am so proud of all of them that I just *have to* put my face on them!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"That syringe was actually included in the Treasure Chest we found at the treehouse that contains various fatal poisons."
"But since the syringe is broken, it seems like the murdered didn't get to use the syringe at all."
"The state of the broken syringe convinced me that the syringe is not intentionally broken by someone, it's purely caused by...*poor manufacture*."

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"HEEEY!!! You just *have* to be a little brat, aren't ya?!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"And that raised a crucial question...what's the origin of the syringe we found at the secret room in the dungeon?"
"First, we know that it can't be that the murderer obtained it through the treasure hunt, since there's clearly no 'Monokuma Trademark' on it."
"We also know that the murderer must have used that to kill, but where do they get it, where can they obtain the syringe from?"
"And most importantly...who is more likely to have access to medical tools like a syringe?"

koba-png.315091

"Me."
"My room."
"I have plenty of laboratory apparatus and medical equipments in my room, but I am pretty sure that nothing is missing."

step0002-jpg.289020

"That's good to know...then, who else do you think will have access to a syringe?"
a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Last edited:
Julian listened. "If we're going to think on who can get a syringe, then we should go through everyone's Ultimate's. That's the only way to get any equipment from your room." Julian piped up. "I'm bad when it comes to names, let a lot their ultimates, I can only remember a few, such as , Geek, Medium, Hide and seeker, Scientist, but I can be wrong, I've known this guy as a hairdresser, but he's an artist..? uh, Debater, and spiritualist? I can just about remember them, and I'm not sure with half of them..." Julian said, pointing at people when saying their respective Talent. The only people He was sure on was himself, The new girl, Kei, Yukino, Alex and Kasumi. Everyone else blanked his mind. Then Alex cut in.

"If we're going by that Logic, then the only one who Could have Anything to do with Medical supplies would be Koba. However, why're we limiting it to rooms? Shouldn't there be a medical supply kit somewhere in the castle? Someone could have found that." Alex said, and Julian hummed. "But then, wouldn't it have the Monokuma signature on it? we're looking for one that doesn't have it, right?" Julian asked, and then Alex cut in again.

"My point still stands, the only one who would be able to use a syringe without the Monokuma trademark, when you think of everyone's ultimate and that the equipment in our rooms do Not have a Trade mark on them, then it should only be Koba." She said. "Koba, question: when did you last go into your room? Was it before or After the Murder? Did you let anyone inside your room before the Murder?" She asked, looking at Koba.
Dreamtique Dreamtique

"My point still stands, the only one who would be able to use a syringe without the Monokuma trademark, when you think of everyone's ultimate and that the equipment in our rooms do Not have a Trade mark on them, then it should only be Koba." She said. "Koba, question: when did you last go into your room? Was it before or After the Murder? Did you let anyone inside your room before the Murder?" She asked, looking at Koba.

koba-png.315091

"No. I specifically checked my equipments after the murder. I don't think it's from my room. I don't think anyone stole it either."

step0002-6-jpg.289023

Kasumi held his chin, he seemingly realized something, but was unsure of whether to talk about it or not.

step0002-jpg.289020

"True.... If you noticed, our room was specifically tailored to our needs, it's specifically designed based on our talents and our unique daily needs."
"The point I am trying to emphasize here is, besides items and tools that are related to our talents, we are also provided with our daily, personal needs, if I have to guess, the mastermind must knows many things about us, a little too much, almost to an unsettling degree, but well... that's off topic."

This trial is strange, I would like to admit. To be fair, this entire situation made no sense but this is clearly stranger. There's the possibility that two people killed themselves, the person she knew well *wasn't* the actual person and what's with that sudden air horn?

It made sense that no one would think that suicide was possible. It is simply too overwhelming. However, I feel, no I believe, that it is the truth. Truth needs to be revealed. I shuffle in my place. Who would have a good access to a syringe? I considered everyone in the room. The spiritualist, the geek and so on and so forth. Their talents give no clear idea who has one. My mind couldn't wrap around the idea. Who? Who? I clench my fists as I try even harder to think.

Think, Yukino, think. It couldn't be that hard. I just need to consider the use of syringes. What is the use of a syringe? To inject substances, right? Then who would need to inject substances in the first place? I came to a silent realisation when Julian attempted to unravel the mystery himself. It was admirable but the idea was wrong. When you think about it. Only one person would have syringes other than Koba.

I stare determinedly at Yume. "It is clearly Mika, correct?"

"You should understand that well Koba,"
I said while I glance worryingly at the man that used to be Ryouka. He must be innocent at this point, at least I wish. With my finger raised, I explain "Mika, suffers from a disease, though I am not confident what kind of disease it was, so forgive me, Koba... " I slam on my desk to emphasise my point. "However she definitely needed injections. Only she would have had syringes, other than Koba."

I tilt my head as I considered the implications of that. "Again, I'm sorry, Koba."

Last edited:
I stare determinedly at Yume. "It is clearly Mika, correct?"

"You should understand that well Koba,"
I said while I glance worryingly at the man that used to be Ryouka. He must be innocent at this point, at least I wish. With my finger raised, I explain "Mika, suffers from a disease, though I am not confident what kind of disease it was, so forgive me, Koba... " I slam on my desk to emphasise my point. "However she definitely needed injections. Only she would have had syringes, other than Koba."

I tilt my head as I considered the implications of that. "Again, I'm sorry, Koba."

step0002-jpg.289020

"Exactly!"

"I definitely agree with Yukino. If you all remember, Mika clearly stated that she had many experience with combating many medical conditions and complications since she was born. It would make sense if she'll have some medical tools in her room as well...for example, some medical conditions like diabetes require regular intake of insulin through injection."

koba-png.315091

"......"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Besides, there's also a concrete proof to show that Mika do have to inject herself quite oftenly......"
"We...we are able to find many old needle marks on her inner elbow, that shows that she has to often takes injection from time to time."
"That means...she's very experience when it comes to injection....."

"If that's the case......"
"There's no doubt that Ryoka is involved in setting up all of the decorations and carried Mari's corpse to the dungeon...but..."

koba-png.315091

"B-But?"
"S-so...so what?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

koba-png.315091

"A-are...are you trying to imply that Mika did this?"
"You are trying to say that Mika is more fitting to be the culprit of this case?"

step0002-jpg.289020

Yume averted direct eye contact with Koba, she can definitely understand how he feels now, she could empathize with his pain so vividly that she couldn't manage to directly stare at him for long.

koba-png.315091

"W-what's all of this...w-why is Mika suddenly the killer now...h-huh? I-I don't understand......"
Koba's face went pale, his eyes stared into the blank as he started to mumble. Petrified by confusion and denial as the truth slowly started to unravel before them.

koba-png.315091

"I-I though...I though all of these is over...I-I though...this will all be over once we voted for that psycho......"
"Aren't we all doing this for the sake of Mika and Mari? S-so why? What are we all doing now? W-why are we all starting to accuse Mika as the culprit?"
"......"
Koba spoke, his voice was weak.
Koba's lips tremble as he realized the nightmare he was put into was not over, that was all just the beginning.

"T-that's...all nonsense right? W-why would she do that?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"I-I honestly don't know......"
"But if I have to guess, it must be somehow related to Monokuma's motive."

koba-png.315091

"C-come on now!" Koba bursted out in a forced laughter.

"T-there's still no evidence to proof that Mika did went to her room to take the syringe right?!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Actually...I do think there's someone who's able to help us with that....."
a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

"I-I though...I though all of these is over...I-I though...this will all be over once we voted for that psycho......"
Ryōka, who had been silent up until that point made a long, drawn-out sigh. Had Koba not been tearing up and snotting all over himself he would have continued to believe that ignorance was bliss. "Yes, it will be over. Just not in the way you think it will, Koba. Because if you vote for me, we're all going to die." Ryōka puffed and folded his arms. He supposed it didn't matter if Koba believed him or not. So long as the others made the right choice and voted Mika as the killer they'd all be safe. Still, the tiny perfectionist voice in his head was nagging him to convince Koba otherwise. "Kobayashi, I wish what you were saying was true. If that was the case, then you could all just direct your hate towards me, kill me off and go on with your lives, and that wouldn't bother me one bit." Ryōka frowned and let out another sigh. "I wasn't lying earlier when I said that I would never kill Mari. She was to me as Mika was to you, I'm sure. And to prove my devotion to her to you, I'm afraid I must help shed some light on this case.

koba-png.315091

"C-come on now!" Koba bursted out in a forced laughter.

"T-there's still no evidence to proof that Mika did went to her room to take the syringe right?!"

step0002-jpg.289020

"Actually...I do think there's someone who's able to help us with that....."
"Yes, Yume is on the right track as usual. There's only one person I can think of that would know that Mika went to her room."

Ryōka blew some hair out of his face and pointed towards the hooded gentleman in the room. "Kasumi-san, you look like you have something to share with the class!"
step0002-6-jpg.289023

Kasumi held his chin, he seemingly realized something, but was unsure of whether to talk about it or not.
"When the treasure hunt began, Monokuma had torn you from the rest of the group. Could it be that he was hiding you away inside the castle?" Ryōka took out a comb from the pouch on his waist and started to casually brush his hair back with it. "If that was the case, then I'm sure it would have been possible that you would have met with anyone else who had entered the castle. Including Mika!"

Dreamtique Dreamtique a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona

Ryōka, who had been silent up until that point made a long, drawn-out sigh. Had Koba not been tearing up and snotting all over himself he would have continued to believe that ignorance was bliss. "Yes, it will be over. Just not in the way you think it will, Koba. Because if you vote for me, we're all going to die." Ryōka puffed and folded his arms. He supposed it didn't matter if Koba believed him or not. So long as the others made the right choice and voted Mika as the killer they'd all be safe. Still, the tiny perfectionist voice in his head was nagging him to convince Koba otherwise. "Kobayashi, I wish what you were saying was true. If that was the case, then you could all just direct your hate towards me, kill me off and go on with your lives, and that wouldn't bother me one bit." Ryōka frowned and let out another sigh. "I wasn't lying earlier when I said that I would never kill Mari. She was to me as Mika was to you, I'm sure. And to prove my devotion to her to you, I'm afraid I must help shed some light on this case.

"Yes, Yume is on the right track as usual. There's only one person I can think of that would know that Mika went to her room."

Ryōka blew some hair out of his face and pointed towards the hooded gentleman in the room. "Kasumi-san, you look like you have something to share with the class!"

"When the treasure hunt began, Monokuma had torn you from the rest of the group. Could it be that he was hiding you away inside the castle?" Ryōka took out a comb from the pouch on his waist and started to casually brush his hair back with it. "If that was the case, then I'm sure it would have been possible that you would have met with anyone else who had entered the castle. Including Mika!"

Dreamtique Dreamtique a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"Y-Yes...you are correct."
"I was assigned by Lord Monokuma to clean up the castle as you said......"

"But....I didn't *saw* Mika, I-I heard it. The only thing I can tell is that someone definitely entered their dorm, but I can't say for sure if it's Mika or not......"

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"Oh, god. I really shouldn't have, it was a mistake... and I ended up having to ask the Monopawns to clean up the mess......"
"How can one be so clumsy!"

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"I...I just happen to slip...and spill all of the detergents and stuff while I was cleaning around the dorm......"

koba-png.315091

"Hehe...haha......" Koba laughed bitterly.

"You failed...you failed to prove it."
"I-It seem's like......it's all useless, what all of you are trying to do now......"

"There's no way we can proof that Mika did entered her room after all....."
"N-Now...w-why don't we stop...why wouldn't we stop continuing this absurd line of reasoning! M-mika is clearly innocent!"

Seriously. Where is that very contextual music coming from, exactly? No matter what though, Ryouka, or whatever the heck he calls because I'm honestly not sure anymore, was correct. There was no one else who could've to witness Mika. I nod towards the strange man that was now combing his hair. I have to admit though, it was somewhat calming that he was still helpful and he's going back to old habits... It was still ludicrous though. Why did he change, I ask? There was no reason for this sudden change. I ignore my hesitations and listen to the conversation taking place.

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"Y-Yes...you are correct."
"I was assigned by Lord Monokuma to clean up the castle as you said......"

"But....I didn't *saw* Mika, I-I heard it. The only thing I can tell is that someone definitely entered their dorm, but I can't say for sure if it's Mika or not......"

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"Oh, god. I really shouldn't have, it was a mistake... and I ended up having to ask the Monopawns to clean up the mess......"
"How can one be so clumsy!"

I sniggered somewhat. The image of Kasumi not being able to clean well was humorous enough. However, I suspect that he purposefully fudged up his own cleaning. Pretending to spill soap all around the castle. Having a doe-eyed facial expression when Monokuma viciously questioned you on your incompetence. I have to be honest. That sounds amazing really. To stick it up to Monokuma is their only form of resistance at this point.

"Well, I did not expect that. Maybe you feel out of it, Kasumi?" I said with feigned concern. There might be a possibility that his mistakes were not faked. I am going to hedge my bets. Still, there's no solid proof yet. I start to worry a bit. I need to get Ryouka off the hook.

I feel like biting my fingers. Is there any more information? Please!

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"I...I just happen to slip...and spill all of the detergents and stuff while I was cleaning around the dorm......"

I raised my eyebrows. Ah!

koba-png.315091

"Hehe...haha......" Koba laughed bitterly.

"You failed...you failed to prove it."
"I-It seem's like......it's all useless, what all of you are trying to do now......"

"There's no way we can proof that Mika did entered her room after all....."
"N-Now...w-why don't we stop...why wouldn't we stop continuing this absurd line of reasoning! M-mika is clearly innocent!"

"No. You're wrong!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. This knowledge, this powerful truth... It will save Ryouka!

"Detergent... Mika mentioned detergent when we met her! Isn't that right, Hisoka?"

"I asked myself, 'why did she mention detergent'. Now, I know! Mika Akiyama went back to grab the syringe. She did it to..."
I wanted to explain but my eyes rested on Koba as I talked. I stopped. This is cruel for me to do. I've never been in a situation to explain to someone that the person he liked killed herself. "...Well, we understand the reason well."

No. You're wrong!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. This knowledge, this powerful truth... It will save Ryouka!

"Detergent... Mika mentioned detergent when we met her! Isn't that right, Hisoka?"

"I asked myself, 'why did she mention detergent'. Now, I know! Mika Akiyama went back to grab the syringe. She did it to..."
I wanted to explain but my eyes rested on Koba as I talked. I stopped. This is cruel for me to do. I've never been in a situation to explain to someone that the person he liked killed herself. "...Well, we understand the reason well."

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Correct. I can confirm what Yukino said."
"It seems like we are reaching a rather surprising conclusion."

"But that's the ironical beauty of 'the ugly truth' after all, just because of how stubborn we tend to hold on to our clouded judgement that we would rather stay in the dark, but today, here on this stage, in this trial room, with our lifes on the line...seeking the ultimate truth and reality is not an option at all......"
"It's a must."

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"Upupupu......"

koba-png.315091

"......"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Well, it seems like it's more or less the purpose of all of these after all, that's what Lord Monokuma wants..."
"Instead of fighting it...perhaps we should just accept it. Because this *is* the reality of this case after all."
"It's the irrefutable truth, there's no use in fighting it."

koba-png.315091

"B-But...why?" Koba's eyes widened in disbelief, desperately trying to fight the tears that was rolling in his eyes from sliding down his cold cheeks.

"B-But...why?" Koba's eyes widened in disbelief, desperately trying to fight the tears that was rolling in his eyes from sliding down his cold cheeks.
While everyone had been trying to explain their reasoning and thoughts, Ryōka had been staring at one person, just one person, the entire time. Koba.. Since the very first day, this skateboarding scientist had gotten on his nerves. He was impulsive, impolite and worst of all he was hideous. So why was it then that he was starting to feel sorry for this sad sack?

Ryōka already knew the answer, it was a rhetorical question after all. He and Ryōka were the same, at least when it came to matters of love. Both of them cared deeply for their love interests, to the point where they would do anything for them. Seeing Koba react this way to the truth, that the light of his life was a murderer was unsettling, to say the least. While Ryōka may not have liked Koba, he felt that he deserved the truth after all he's put him through.

"During my search for Mari, I had stumbled across a conversation between her and Mika. Not wanting to intrude, I chose not to make my presence known to them. From what I heard, it sounded like Mari was going to..." Ryōka paused and closed his eyes for a moment, steeling himself for what he was going to say. "It sounded like Mari was going to hang herself. She would have done so had Mika not stopped her." Ryōka looked over to Mari's portrait, which would now take her place for the remainder of this trial and the other potential trials to come. Why hadn't she talked to him first? Surely she could have trusted him with whatever secret had pushed her to do such a thing.

"The two of them talked for awhile, and Mari eventually explained her reasoning, as well as why she had been acting strangely." Ryōka looked over to Yume with a sad look on his face. "I heard from them that when Mari had returned to the group, she was not acting like herself at all..."

"But that's all it was, an act. Mari claimed that she was the SHSL Bad Luck and that all the misfortune and deaths we've had to experience so far was because of her. So when she returned to the group, although momentarily, she pretended to be a mean and selfish person so none of us would feel bad for her after she died." Ryōka looked to the rest with a more serious look like how an angry father scolds his children. "We shouldn't pity Mari, but none of you better hold anything she said against her or you'll have to answer to me." To accentuate his point, Ryōka pulled out a pair of scissors and snipped them twice, hoping to use everyone's uncertainty and fear of him against them.

Putting his scissors away, Ryōka let out another quick breath, something that seemed to be happening a lot since the trial started. It was almost as if every time he sighed, his emotions would 'reset', thus calming him down or keeping him calm. "You may ask yourself, why did Mika stop Mari from committing suicide if she was just going to kill her anyway?" Phew... Another sigh was let loose before he continued with his explanation. "Before I came here, I traveled the world looking to make it a more beautiful place. Working for charities and helping the sick were just some of the way I would do this." Ryōka looked over to Koba once more, only this time there was no anger or pity in his eyes. Just a blank stare that would betray no emotions to anyone but Koba. "Working with sick people, I've come to understand the type of pain they go through day after day, and unfortunately Mika was no exception to this. You should know Kobayashi that every day welcomes torturous pain for people like Mika unless they are properly medicated. And even when they are, said medication can cause side effects that don't make their condition any better..."

"Stopping the bombs and putting Mari out of her misery wasn't the only motives Mika had for what she did. She also wanted to end her own suffering. After she had put Mika to rest, she knew that Monokuma would have a punishment in store for her when we discovered she was the blackened. Dying at the hands of that detestable psychopath was certainly not how she wanted to go." Ryōka looked at Lord Monokuma and glared coldly at him, much like he had before when they first met. "She wanted her death to be peaceful and beautiful, so before she injected herself, she had asked me to make her and Mari a 'sight to behold.' And so it was I set up the flowers and the glass coffins for the two of them, to make them look even more spectacular than when they were alive."

"So yes, I worked with Mika to help pull all of this off, and you have to believe that I was going to tell you all of this when the time was right. So as much as it pains me to say, we have to vote for Mika and put an end to this stupid trial once and for all." Ryōka's face saddened and he left his podium to walk over to Koba, putting his hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "I could tell that Mika cared very deeply about you. She wanted you to know that she was grateful for everything you had said and done for her. She also said that you need to keep living for her sake, as she would have never made it this far in life without you."

Dreamtique Dreamtique a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

koba-png.315091

"What?"
"W-what are you talking about?"
"You heard everything they said? You...saw everything?"

"Suicide...SHSL Bad Luck...an act......"
"Mika..s-she......"
"What's all of that supposed to mean......" Koba mumbled with his empty eyes and tired lips as he tried to process everything Ryoka said, like a living zombie, part of him had already completely given up on processing anything he heard.

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"Y-you must be kidding meh......" Hitsuji gaspsed in surprise, his body trembled in disbelieve.
"All this time...I thought Mari was going to harm us...I really thought..."
"B-but in fact she was going to kill herself for us because she's the SHSL Bad Luck...she thought she'll bring bad luck to us?"
"S-she *wants* to make us hate her? She wants to make us boycott her......"

"I-I feel...I feel so bad right now......" Hitsuji cringe in guilt as his eyes gets watery.

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

"So...this is the truth......"
"It all make sense now."
Yume signed, although she did saw this coming, but it still took some time for the truth to sink in.

"I...I am sorry...Mari...Mika."
"I said I was going to make sure everyone is fine, b-but-"
"I end up having to let both of you suffer silently...I should have know...I should have helped, and yet I was so oblivious."

"As much as I want to make things to ends differently, I respect their decision."
"But if there's one thing that I wish I could have done...I wish I could tell them that they'll always be my friend, no matter what."

"I am sorry......"
Yume kept her head down, retrospecting on how she could have made things different, the frustration of her only being able to apologize to someone who can never hear her now only adds to the torturing pain in her fragile heart.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"What a sad conclusion we had reached."

"It turns out the 'blackened' we are all looking for is none other than Mika Akiyama, The SHSL Gardener, who is also the second 'victim' of this case..."

"How sad and pitiful...both of them had suffered so much in their life that they both of them chose to end their life for the sake of us."
"Perhaps because of love, friendship, or an unnamed determination...somehow they had gained the 'courage' to sacrifice themselves and end their miserable life......"
"But well, perhaps this is not entirely a sad ending as well, at least we know that they can finally sleep peacefully... and enjoy their eternal slumber without any pain or worries for tomorrow for the very first time."

"Perhaps somehow Mari finally got tired of adhering to her survival strategy, and chose to end this meaningless cycle of constant struggling, the same cycle of life that most of us had to constantly go through just to survive in this harsh and cruel world."

step0002-jpg.289020

"Sur-vival strategy? What do you mean?"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Quite literally, I meant Mari's survival strategy."
"It's quite simple and straightforward really...if at the end Mari could just decide to make all of us hate her with her acting, she could always do the opposite as well."
"Simply put, I think she begs for pity and sympathy with her acting by putting up a pitiful, weak persona, while lying about her talent as well."

step0002-6-jpg.289023

"You mean...you think she's acting this whole time. Mari is acting as a weak and pitiful character?"

step0002-5-jpg.289024

"H-huh?!"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Exactly. "
"The weak and pitiful 'SHSL Cleaner' we know could very well be nothing more but a character that Mari chose to act as just to beg for sympathy and protection."
"I can definitely understand why she would do that if she really thinks SHSL Bad Luck is her talent."
"In fact, it's really common for all of us to put up a facade and adopt a particular persona just to help us to blend in and survive in the society, it's nothing new. But Mari had taken it to the next level because of her extraordinary skill in acting. It's safe to say that she's indeed an extraordinary actress...I can see that very clearly from the way she transformed before her death, when she had finally become tired of all of the pity she had gained from her acting."

step0002-jpg.289020

"Or...because she had found something more important than her own life...a task more important than surviving."

"I don't care if she's acting, and I don't care if she'll really bring us bad luck or not, I just want everyone to understand that I care about them, I-I really do. I want everyone to be safe and sound......"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"But the world was not kind to her as you are, and let's be honest and ask yourself, what can you do for Mari or Mika, Yume?"
"What can you do for them...can you change their fate? Do you really have the power to do so?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"What makes you think that Mari would believe and claim that her talent is in fact the SHSL Bad Luck? When her extraordinary acting skills was definitely worthy to earn her the title of SHSL Actress."

"It sounds like complete nonsense for a talent, of course, we know that there is no way that one will have a talent of bringing other people bad luck."
"But yet...somehow her life had convinced her so...it's sad, isn't it?"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"The same applies to Mika. Both Mari and Mika share a miserable life, when fate was beyond their control."

"But instead Mika used a different approach to cope with her suffering, instead of resorting to strategies just to find a way around fate like Mari did, I presume Mika had already learnt to accept her fate...perhaps she chose to see things from a different perspective...she learnt to focus more on the beautiful things along her journey in life and treat death as nothing but merely an end to her journey. I guess that's one way to enjoy the ride, the roller coaster of fate."

"At the end, she was able to end her journey peacefully and painlessly, and helped Mari to end her suffering the say way as well, perhaps she wants Mari to understand that there's finally someone who truly sympathize with her unfortunate fate...even without all of the acting."

"And they did all of that for us...just to keep us safe from the explosion."

"Perhaps...we should all learn something from Mika......"

koba-png.315091

"I...I don't want this ending."
"Why does she not get it?"
"So why...does she have to be so stubborn......"
"It's not about how meaningful your life is...and how beautiful your death is...who cares about all of that..."
"It doesn't matter at all......"

"Because I promised I wouldn't let you suffer anymore...so why are you...why are you doing this?"

"I-I said want to make every moment of your life beautiful!!!"
"I want you to stay alive, with me!!!"

"Mika......"
Koba threw his face down and mumbled under his breath, completely worn out by this whole ordeal, a thin film of tears was rolling in his eyes, but they soon evaporated into the air and disappeared along with the life that was sapping out of Koba little by little.

koba-png.315091

"Hey...Kureiji Ryoka." Suddenly, Koba spoke aloud, keeping his head down like a puppet without strings while he do so.
"You said you heard everything...you...saw everything."

"And yet you did nothing to stop both of them..."
"Don't need to give me any excuses, because I know......"
"I know part of you is *enjoying* all of these...correct?"

"So...what's the difference......"

"What's the difference between you and a cold blooded murderer?"

"Tell me......"

Last edited:
step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Correct. I can confirm what Yukino said."
"It seems like we are reaching a rather surprising conclusion."

"But that's the ironical beauty of 'the ugly truth' after all, just because of how stubborn we tend to hold on to our clouded judgement that we would rather stay in the dark, but today, here on this stage, in this trial room, with our lifes on the line...seeking the ultimate truth and reality is not an option at all......"
"It's a must."

I find that Ryouka said the practical truth. My head nods slowly in his voice. There's really no other choice than committing yourself to finding the truth no matter how ugly it is, no matter how ghastly, no matter how terrible. Because, it is true, that although you can live in fantasy sometimes, you have to face reality some time and act. Not just for yourself but to advance the happiness of others. Sometimes, it will strip away that feeling that your life is worth it. It is horrid... Subconsciously, I clasped my hands into a fist. I know but it is something we all have to go through. But, it will make you a stronger person. At least, that's what I believe.

step0002-8-jpg.289021

"Upupupu......"

koba-png.315091

"......"

Monokuma's jesting laughter was annoying as always. However, it was even worse considering what Koba have to experience. I look at the silent doctor. It is pitiful, I have to admit. Well, I can't do much this time because whatever I will say will make the situation much worse. Ergo, I stay silent, only offering companionship through my worried eyes.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Well, it seems like it's more or less the purpose of all of these after all, that's what Lord Monokuma wants..."
"Instead of fighting it...perhaps we should just accept it. Because this *is* the reality of this case after all."
"It's the irrefutable truth, there's no use in fighting it."

I feel a pang in my chest.

koba-png.315091

"During my search for Mari, I had stumbled across a conversation between her and Mika. Not wanting to intrude, I chose not to make my presence known to them. From what I heard, it sounded like Mari was going to..." Ryōka paused and closed his eyes for a moment, steeling himself for what he was going to say. "It sounded like Mari was going to hang herself. She would have done so had Mika not stopped her." Ryōka looked over to Mari's portrait, which would now take her place for the remainder of this trial and the other potential trials to come. Why hadn't she talked to him first? Surely she could have trusted him with whatever secret had pushed her to do such a thing.

"Wait," I say, stunned. "Mari tried to hang herself?" It made sense, that explains the noose that we found in the tree house in hindsight but it meant that Mari tried to kill herself twice. So, the conclusion would be... she really didn't care about her life anymore. That she was willing to sacrifice herself for the happiness of the group.

It was admirable, I have to say. But, to some, it would be cowardly for Ryouka to not intervene. However, if you examine Ryouka carefully, he didn't enjoy any of this. He was struggling. I couldn't help but soften my stance and offer a little prayer to Mari in the picture frame, even if I don't believe in the afterlife. It was more for her honour and memory to be honest. I hold my hands to my chest in prayer.

"May her soul be blessed, I think."

"The two of them talked for awhile, and Mari eventually explained her reasoning, as well as why she had been acting strangely." Ryōka looked over to Yume with a sad look on his face. "I heard from them that when Mari had returned to the group, she was not acting like herself at all..."

"But that's all it was, an act. Mari claimed that she was the SHSL Bad Luck and that all the misfortune and deaths we've had to experience so far was because of her. So when she returned to the group, although momentarily, she pretended to be a mean and selfish person so none of us would feel bad for her after she died." Ryōka looked to the rest with a more serious look like how an angry father scolds his children. "We shouldn't pity Mari, but none of you better hold anything she said against her or you'll have to answer to me." To accentuate his point, Ryōka pulled out a pair of scissors and snipped them twice, hoping to use everyone's uncertainty and fear of him against them.

"I pity her, honestly..." I say honestly. She left this world thinking that everyone here hated her and never knew what fate other people outside that mattered to her. SHSL Bad Luck? It might not be true, because we don't have any proof, but it is fitting in a way. However, there was no proof. The shiny scissors gleam in the light of the trial room. I am unconvinced, however. Logically, Ryouka's not a killer. But, it will make him more unpopular to the rest of the class. I need to intervene.

I look into his eyes.
"Please, Ryouka. You don't have to threaten to protect Mari. We understand."

"You may ask yourself, why did Mika stop Mari from committing suicide if she was just going to kill her anyway?" Phew... Another sigh was let loose before he continued with his explanation. "Before I came here, I traveled the world looking to make it a more beautiful place. Working for charities and helping the sick were just some of the way I would do this."

My ears perked up at his story. The SHSL Hair- I mean the SHSL Artist had a fairly interesting life. It was incredibly contrasting to my own. Well, what would you expect? His family was rich and he adventured the world. It's not surprising. The fact that he was charitable was also not surprising. It was simply just the kind of person he is.What I didn't expect was him sharing his own history with everyone about the time when he wasn't trapped in this hell hole of a theme park. I would've expected, after him changing his looks and personality completely, he becomes even more enigmatic. He seems to open up to his true self so we can get closer.

"Working with sick people, I've come to understand the type of pain they go through day after day, and unfortunately Mika was no exception to this. You should know Kobayashi that every day welcomes torturous pain for people like Mika unless they are properly medicated. And even when they are, said medication can cause side effects that don't make their condition any better..."

"What are you suggesting?!" I gasped out loud, my hand covering my mouth. "That Mika did not want to live anymore" I'm surprised those words slip out of my mouth. "... She just wanted to end her own life?"

"Stopping the bombs and putting Mari out of her misery wasn't the only motives Mika had for what she did. She also wanted to end her own suffering. After she had put Mika to rest, she knew that Monokuma would have a punishment in store for her when we discovered she was the blackened. Dying at the hands of that detestable psychopath was certainly not how she wanted to go." Ryōka looked at Lord Monokuma and glared coldly at him, much like he had before when they first met.

I was relieved, somehow. There was a sense in that, though it was horrible to think that. I am relieved that a girl killed herself for my own survival. She killed herself for me, for everyone in the class to continue on. It was heroic. She could've decided to just stay silent and there's a possibility that no one else would have known, barring Ryouka which could be easily solved by... 'removing' him from the game. It was almost an unsolvable crime. She could've won and stopped the game. Justify that she stopped everyone's suffering. She didn't. Why? Because it was the right thing to do, I believe.

"I could tell that Mika cared very deeply about you. She wanted you to know that she was grateful for everything you had said and done for her. She also said that you need to keep living for her sake, as she would have never made it this far in life without you."

My throat was dry. I'm not crying, I'm not. The fact that other people have to go through this lessens the emotional pain. However, pain is pain nonetheless. Sympathy. It was a change in my psyche, I noticed. A change that has made me weaker but restored a bit of my humanity, humanity that I lost. Fine, I sniffled a bit, I almost cannot lie, never been used to it. I mean, if they didn't kill themselves, I wouldn't be here. A part of me though, felt like it was wrong.

Am I cowardly? I threw that question to myself. No one in the group has a particularly strong feeling to me. They wouldn't be *that* devastated and they could potentially move on without too strong of a negative mental reaction if I was the one to die. It was not like I had lots of friends outside either. Even the relationships I have are... limited to say the best. Friends to me were more like people that will benefit me if I calculate coldly and in reciprocation, they did not see me as a person that much at all. My network is not wide and, if I were, to be honest, because I'm not of age yet, my abilities have not been able to reach their full potential so my loss won't be that severe. As for my family tho-

A small teardrop rolled down my cheek. Quickly, I wipe my arm over it. Damn it. I'm thinking about myself too much. This should be about Mari and Mika's sacrifice, not about me. I shouldn't be moping. It's the best way to honour them. To not cause even more distress by my feelings. I need to be strong for everyone so they too have the strength to pull through. I need to be strong all the time. For Ryouka and everyone. Crying would do no good and it will hurt him more, right? I'm being selfish, am I not?

Selfish, selfish me.

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

"So...this is the truth......"
"It all make sense now."
Yume signed, although she did saw this coming, but it still took some time for the truth to sink in.

"I...I am sorry...Mari...Mika."
"I said I was going to make sure everyone is fine, b-but-"
"I end up having to let both of you suffer silently...I should have know...I should have helped, and yet I was so oblivious."

"As much as I want to make things to ends differently, I respect their decision."
"But if there's one thing that I wish I could have done...I wish I could tell them that they'll always be my friend, no matter what."

"I am sorry......"
Yume kept her head down, retrospecting on how she could have made things different, the frustration of her only being able to apologize to someone who can never hear her now only adds to the torturing pain in her fragile heart.

I try to keep my face blank like what I usually do in the past but I can only manage to rest it into a scowl, a frown if you will. "N-no...I-It's not your fault, Yume!" I stuttered on those words. I'm the logical one God damn it! Why am I stumbling on logical points now?

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"What a sad conclusion we had reached."

"It turns out the 'blackened' we are all looking for is none other than Mika Akiyama, The SHSL Gardener, who is also the second 'victim' of this case..."

"Perhaps somehow Mari finally got tired of adhering to her survival strategy, and chose to end this meaningless cycle of constant struggling, the same cycle of life that most of us had to constantly go through just to survive in this harsh and cruel world."

I crossed my arms and looked down at my pitiful brown leather shoes. Helplessness sunk into me. Mari hid her pain from all of us. How depressing. We did nothing to help.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"Exactly. "
"The weak and pitiful 'SHSL Cleaner' we know could very well be nothing more but a character that Mari chose to act as just to beg for sympathy and protection."
"I can definitely understand why she would do that if she really thinks SHSL Bad Luck is her talent."
"In fact, it's really common for all of us to put up a facade and adopt a particular persona just to help us to blend in and survive in the society, it's nothing new. But Mari had taken it to the next level because of her extraordinary skill in acting. It's safe to say that she's indeed an extraordinary actress...I can see that very clearly from the way she transformed before her death, when she had finally become tired of all of the pity she had gained from her acting."

"Y-yeah..."

"I'm surprised that she's not an actor. Hehe..."

"Oh, why did she have to die though?"
I say to myself.

step0002-jpg.289020

"Or...because she had found something more important than her own life...a task more important than surviving."

"I don't care if she's acting, and I don't care if she'll really bring us bad luck or not, I just want everyone to understand that I care about them, I-I really do. I want everyone to be safe and sound......"

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"But the world was not kind to her as you are, and let's be honest and ask yourself, what can you do for Mari or Mika, Yume?"
"What can you do for them...can you change their fate? Do you really have the power to do so?"

step0002-jpg.289020

"......"

I feel malice in his voice. It was not like he was wrong though...What is done is done. There was nothing we could do before this. There was nothing we could do now. That was true. Still, the truth is very hard to say. How miserable. Nothing. We could only do nothing now. Maybe. just maybe, I could've done something. My face scrunched up. I should've...This feeling inside me... What was it? Sadness? Guilt? Despair?

I have no idea.

step0002-7-jpg.289022

"The same applies to Mika. Both Mari and Mika share a miserable life, when fate was beyond their control."

"But instead Mika used a different approach to cope with her suffering, instead of resorting to strategies just to find a way around fate like Mari did, I presume Mika had already learnt to accept her fate...perhaps she chose to see things from a different perspective...she learnt to focus more on the beautiful things along her journey in life and treat death as nothing but merely an end to her journey. I guess that's one way to enjoy the ride, the roller coaster of fate."

"At the end, she was able to end her journey peacefully and painlessly, and helped Mari to end her suffering the say way as well, perhaps she wants Mari to understand that there's finally someone who truly sympathize with her unfortunate fate...even without all of the acting."

"And they did all of that for us...just to keep us safe from the explosion."

"Perhaps...we should all learn something from Mika......"

"Are you suggesting that Mika accepted her terrible fate? That she chose to just enjoy her life in the moment? That she, well, decided t

"Y-you know... That reminds me of something. E-ecclesiastes. It's one of the books in the Old Testament if I remember correctly."

"If I r-remember correctly, 9:11: '
I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.'. Good people don't necessarily get rewarded, everything is inevitably random and nothing is guaranteed. So, we should just enjoy the little things that we already have, right?" I am going off topic but I feel it's the right thing to say. My head numbs slightly. This was a lot to think about, this trial draining my soul.

koba-png.315091

"Hey...Kureiji Ryoka." Suddenly, Koba spoke aloud, keeping his head down like a puppet without strings while he do so.

"What's the difference between you and a cold-blooded murderer?"

"Tell me......"

"I know he's not a murderer!" I pipe up. I'm almost shouting.

"H-he's not one! I'll d-deny it, alright. The difference is that he's doing it for all of us. The reason we stand right now, the reason we are not dead ourselves, the r-reason you are able to accuse right now was because he did it."

"What other c-choice we have anyway? He did what he had to do for us to live so that we are saved. Would a cold-blooded murderer do that, Koba? H-he...He killed Mari, the one he l-loved dearly. It is absurd to say he enjoyed it... I think it hurts, right Ryouka? Seeing someone close to you just *disappear*... It hurts, right? Would a cold-blooded murderer sacrifice what he had for other people to live?"

"N-no!"

"I... trust him."

Last edited:
Julian sighed. He somewhat understood from all parts. Killing someone, and not doing anything to stop it... it's like Killing them yourself. However... "Well, But what I can tell, Ryoka didn't actually Kill Anyone. Yes, he.. Partook in it, but he wasn't the one who killed everyone outright, right?" He asked. He would have said something earlier, but everyone else took all of his points before he could even put his thoughts into words. "I understand where you're coming from Koba. Watching and not stopping someone from killing, is like killing them yourself. However... If I'm correct, the blackened is the one who actually killed, not watched and did nothing. By this fact, Ryoka is actually innocent." Julian finally got out. He then looked to Monokuma."Unless, of course, I'm getting this wrong." He added. Honestly, this was just making sure he was on the same page as everyone, as well as trying to help Koba, and everyone else, that Ryoka, no matter how... Weird he was, was actually Innocent. Dreamtique Dreamtique GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack

Last edited:
"If I r-remember correctly, 9:11: 'I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.'. Good people don't necessarily get rewarded, everything is inevitably random and nothing is guaranteed. So, we should just enjoy the little things that we already have, right?"
Ryōka pleasantly hummed whilst holding his cheek. "Well said, Ms. Tzusaki. I couldn't pick a better quote even if I tried. So sad, yet at the same time it calms my spirit." Phew "It's such a good feeling~"

"What's the difference between you and a cold blooded murderer?"

"Tell me......"
Ryōka avoided Koba's gaze, opting instead to look at Mari's portrait. He stared at it for some time, doing little besides breathing and rubbing his cheek. It seemed like Ryōka hadn't blinked for quite some time. Was he an artist or a murderer like Kobayashi thought? There were many times in Ryōka's life where he asked himself that question. He may have been both or he may be neither, but he wasn't sure that he'd ever have an answer.
"I know he's not a murderer!" I pipe up. I'm almost shouting.

"H-he's not one! I'll d-deny it, alright. The difference is that he's doing it for all of us. The reason we stand right now, the reason we are not dead ourselves, the r-reason you are able to accuse right now was because he did it."

"What other c-choice we have anyway? He did what he had to do for us to live so that we are saved. Would a cold-blooded murderer do that, Koba? H-he...He killed Mari, the one he l-loved dearly. It is absurd to say he enjoyed it... I think it hurts, right Ryouka? Seeing someone close to you just *disappear*... It hurts, right? Would a cold-blooded murderer sacrifice what he had for other people to live?"

"N-no!"

"I... trust him."
"I think you all should know something about me if we're going to continue living together in this hellish park." Ryōka took in a deep breath, holding it in for a few seconds and then exhaling when he felt calm enough to speak. "Today was not the first time I had ever done such a thing. In my travels, I've met many people. Poor people, sick people, people suffering from depression. Every one of those people I met, I befriended and gave them my full support. They were like family to me, I loved them with every fiber of my being, I would do anything to help them." Ryōka thought back to the moments he shared with Mari. When he promised to protect her when he asked her to live with his family, and when he tried to speak with her in the forest. He really would've done anything for her, out of everyone he had ever met, she was definitely the one he was most fond of. "So when there came a point in their lives where they just couldn't take it anymore, no matter how much I tried to save them they would ask something of me... They would beg me to end their lives."

"I would do anything to help them..." He repeated himself, perhaps to assure himself that what he did was the right thing.

"Just like the others before her, I tried to give Mari a reason to live. I wanted to give her hope, I wanted to shield her from harm and make her happy." For a moment, Ryōka smiled only for it to shift into a somber frown. "But in the end, I failed. She blamed everyone's misfortunes on herself and she chose to take her own life." The tears wanted to come out, it hurt to keep them locked up inside. But even if it was before her death, Ryōka had promised that he wouldn't cry anymore. He was going to be strong. For Mari and all the others before her.

"For the ones that I could not save, I wanted to make their presence known. I didn't want their names to fade away and be forgotten. I wanted people to know about their passing, I wanted them to feel sad, to feel empathy, I wanted people to bear witness and feel despair for such a terrible loss." "They had to know that they failed to notice the suffering of a human being, that they did nothing about it, that they might have caused what had happened to them."

"And so I took the bodies of my deceased friends, and I turned them into a sight to behold. I made them pieces of art, turning them into visions of beauty and sadness. I believe that death above all things is more beautiful than any painting, more peaceful than any sunset."
Ryōka looked at everyone and spoke with conviction, his face was the embodiment of confidence. "Some would call me a murderer, and they might be correct. However, I choose not to think of myself that way. Although I may be hideous on the inside, I see myself as an artist and those close friends of mine whom I couldn't save, they are my canvases."

Ryōka looked to Tzusaki with a poised sadness in his eyes, it was apparent that he was doing his best to keep himself calm. "Yukino, knowing all of this can you still say that you trust me? After learning that I helped end the lives of so many people will you still walk beside me?"

Dreamtique Dreamtique a simpler name a simpler name Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos Kimona Kimona Ceros Ceros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back