• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Daggerswood ~ Wolves in These Woods (Applications Closed)

The Blex The Blex I don't think strangers are like their own specific role? Like I don't think there is only one. My boy Waverly is gonna be one of the strangers and that's just because he is relatively new to town. I am pretty sure strangers are people just passing through or new to town.

Top11 Top11 I would love to plot with Alex!

Walliver Walliver yay! I am so excited! Who should we plot with first?
I think I wanna do Evangeline first. Could we maybe plot in the DMs so we don’t clog the thread?

Walliver Walliver Allistair is accepted!

mood6 mood6 Daggerswood would not have a theatre, they’re too poor to have anything like that. The only thing I can think of is teaching/singing music at the church or school as Daggerswood is very religious. Once your characters have been edited to reflect this they will be accepted :)

The Blex The Blex I don't think strangers are like their own specific role? Like I don't think there is only one. My boy Waverly is gonna be one of the strangers and that's just because he is relatively new to town. I am pretty sure strangers are people just passing through or new to town.
this is correct The Blex The Blex

They will more then likely be protecting the town from the wolves. I would assume their main things will be patrolling the town inside/outside and probably certain areas of the woods. Though Wander will be able to answer you much better once they get back online.
this is also correct Top11 Top11 and Alex is accepted!

I will be making a plotting thread ~as well as finishing my own characters~ in the morning! So happy everyone is so excited about this thread!!

Once the plot thread is up. I’ll be posting all current plots my characters have that way it’s a bit more known on their statuses and so I can make more plots with others I haven’t yet. However I’m always open for multiple romances even if my characters have end games since end games are for later on.

Walliver Walliver Allistair is accepted!

mood6 mood6 Daggerswood would not have a theatre, they’re too poor to have anything like that. The only thing I can think of is teaching/singing music at the church or school as Daggerswood is very religious. Once your characters have been edited to reflect this they will be accepted :)
My apologies Anastasia's career has been adjusted to fit this.

I am excited as well! I am working of Sage now and am ready to plot with my finished babes whenever! Feel free to pm me if you wanna plot!

Top11 Top11 I would love to plot with Alex!

Walliver Walliver yay! I am so excited! Who should we plot with first?

this is correct The Blex The Blex

this is also correct Top11 Top11 and Alex is accepted!

I will be making a plotting thread ~as well as finishing my own characters~ in the morning! So happy everyone is so excited about this thread!!
Thanks for the explanation! I wonder though, what time period is this in? 1800s, 1900s, or barely before the information age?
Having a relative location of where daggerswood is would be nice too, like geographically :D I can guess it's European but, which Europe? I'm willing to bet, somewhere about Germany, so I wonder what kinds of weapons are available to relatively normal people, strangers or even the hunter himself.

I was thinking of being a law official, be it a judge, a prosecutor or a lawyer who is sent by the local governor to dispel or quell the worries of the townsfolk of werewolf myths, but would come to realize the immense danger he is in and is forced to find the werewolf before he is killed too.

But the plot thickens, as no one knows this official so no one can trust him too 👀

What do you think? :D

The Blex The Blex Daggerswood is set in 17th century Romania! I’d say viable weapons in this plot would be swords, cross bows, spears, daggers and the like. But of course, the best weapon against werewolves is silver😉 I’m not sure a law official would have much stance in daggerswood given that the Baron essentially is the law (challenged quite possibly only by the local clergy) and they wouldn’t pay much mind to any outsider, governor or not, since they are so remote and are essentially their own little territory.

The Blex The Blex Daggerswood is set in 17th century Romania! I’d say viable weapons in this plot would be swords, cross bows, spears, daggers and the like. But of course, the best weapon against werewolves is silver😉 I’m not sure a law official would have much stance in daggerswood given that the Baron essentially is the law (challenged quite possibly only by the local clergy) and they wouldn’t pay much mind to any outsider, governor or not, since they are so remote and are essentially their own little territory.
17th century? Oh wow, that is OLD old XD
Hhhhmmm...

Actually, wouldn't that be great material though? 17th century Romania would make Daggerswood a part of the principality of Transylvania under the authority of the Habsburg monarchy (I did some Wikipedia reading because history is fun :D) but its isolation would make it self-governing essentially - so wouldn't an "Outsider" official sent by an empire who technically controls the territory but is foreign to Daggerswood's society be another source of tension, drama, and perhaps an antagonist-turned-ally once he realizes that "Oh shit werewolves do exist and I'm screwed if I do not help these townsfolk find out whoever the hell is the werewolf".

I think the dynamic of the de jure authority of an overaching empire against the de facto authority of the Baron who wields all the power and influence would make for some very juicy plot points, but that's of course only with your permission.
I'd be happy to think up of another stranger character, if you feel this won't fit the narrative :D

The Blex The Blex feel free to make a diplomatic character if you wish! I just wanted to let you know that the Baron (and most of the townspeople) would likely not take him seriously at all as they would naturally assume he doesn’t understand the dangers and horrors of the wolves they’ve been enduring for generations. Also, since the Baron has soldiers, he likely wouldn’t listen to any orders from another diplomat as they can’t really be enforced in daggerswood.

Does anyone want to be friends / enemies with Isla?

Also I will be messaging those accepted to see what secrets Isla would know about them! ^^

mood6 mood6 Elijah, Anastasia and Odessa are accepted!

BOKEH. BOKEH. Sigrid is also accepted! :)

By the way, I finally finished up Theo, Lydia and Caius' forms so they're all finished now.

I’m adding one more character! I’ve already started on his form should have them all completed by tomorrow at the latest.

Sage, Waverly, and Siena will be finished tomorrow! I got super sidetracked with the holiday today and didn’t get to work on them as I had hoped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back